Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Books and Such > Twi-Hards
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2014, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena View Post

dear god
You're kidding me. You are KIDDING me... right??????? People actually think about stuff like? Why the hell would JK Rowling me racist?????? And why does she look like Jennifer Anniston?????? JK is famous alright. Whoever wrote this probably just lives under a rock.

Last edited by Arthurboulos; 03-08-2014 at 07:14 AM.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:15 PM

Default True

This is kind of mean to Harry Potter fans, but it is also true. Not to offend anyone out there, but which series came first, Twilight of Harry Potter?
Old 03-14-2014, 12:37 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to saphiremoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwren View Post
This is kind of mean to Harry Potter fans, but it is also true. Not to offend anyone out there, but which series came first, Twilight of Harry Potter?
Um... Harry Potter? The first was published in 1997 and Twilight was published in 2005. And The Prisoner of Azkaban, in which Sirius Black was introduced, was published in 1999. So... yeah. J.K. Rowling didn't copy.
Old 03-14-2014, 06:12 PM

I thought that was right, but i wasn't sure. Yea J.K Rowling didn't copy at all, Twilight did.
Old 03-14-2014, 08:34 PM

...I kind of... um... re-read Twilight.

I like it. I like the book.
Sleeping with roaches and
Taking best guesses
At the shade of the sheets and
Before all the stains
Old 03-17-2014, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxi View Post
...I kind of... um... re-read Twilight.

I like it. I like the book.
Nothing is wrong with Twilight. Something was just wrong with that post. I haven't read Twilight, but I have read Harry Potter and it rocks.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurboulos View Post
Nothing is wrong with Twilight. Something was just wrong with that post. I haven't read Twilight, but I have read Harry Potter and it rocks.
Hai. I agree.

There's nothing wrong with liking Twilight.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:06 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to lvhamsters

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaR View Post
I second the Forks thing. Forks is literally the saddest place in the world.
It is ;~; Such rain.....so bland.....

I think it doesn't really come down to hating the book, I think it comes down to hating some of the book's fans.

When we were young we used to say

That you only hear the music when your hearts begin to break

Now we are the kids from yesterday
Old 04-08-2014, 09:39 AM

I'm not going to say I dislike the Twilight books because I've never read them. However I don't think it's entirely fair to hate on them. Yes, maybe they have an annoying, maybe even bad plot. But it's directed at a certain demographic of readers, and if you are not part of that demographic then don't read them. When somebody starts hating on the Harry Potter series, everybody goes insane and overprotective. However, when somebody criticizes Twilight, most people will agree and laugh along with it. I disagree wholeheartedly with the above post, the one that mentions J.K Rowling as a 'thief, racist' etc., but if one of these posts was made the other way around, saying untrue things about the Twilight books and author, not a lot of people would care. They would share the picture. They would laugh at it.
All in all I just don't agree with people hating on other people's writing. What about here, on Kidpub? If someone started posting nasty images criticizing you and your writing, or someone else's, the entire site would go into uproar because of it, including myself. So why is it okay to hate on popular authors?

Last edited by EpicWriter; 04-22-2014 at 11:21 PM.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:37 PM

Location: Held captive by Loki while waiting for the Doctor who is solving a mystery with Sherlock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicWriter View Post
I'm not going to say I dislike the Twilight books because I've never read them. However I don't think it's entirely fair to hate on them. Yes, maybe they have an annoying, maybe even bad plot. But it's directed at a certain demographic of readers, and if you are not part of that demographic then don't read them. When somebody starts hating on the Harry Potter series, everybody goes insane and overprotective. However, when somebody criticizes Twilight, most people will agree and laugh along with it. I disagree wholeheartedly with the above post, the one that mentions J.K Rowling as a 'thief, racist' etc., but if one of these posts was made the other way around, saying untrue things about the Twilight books and author, not a lot of people would care. They would share the picture. They would laugh at it.
All in all I just don't agree with people hating on other people's writing. What about here, on Kidpub? If someone started posting nasty images criticizing you and your writing, or someone else's, the entire site would go into uproar because of it, including myself. So why is it okay to hate on popular authors?
Wow. I couldn't have said it better myself.

is not KNOWLEDGE
but i m a g i n a t i o n.
- Albert Einstein

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Tags
*onomatopoeia, boopampa is sound?, cedric is a traitor, it's made up, kwazy_k was here, lst you can't leave, lyall_areyel_was_here, max+pokey=mokey, onomotapiea bleh wrong sp, series, twilight, wth does 'boopampa' mean?