Quantcast Twilight Haters!!!!!!!!! - Page 51 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Books and Such > Twi-Hards
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #501  
Old 03-08-2014, 07:11 AM
Arthurboulos Arthurboulos is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: District 4
Posts: 4,570
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena View Post

dear god
You're kidding me. You are KIDDING me... right??????? People actually think about stuff like? Why the hell would JK Rowling me racist?????? And why does she look like Jennifer Anniston?????? JK is famous alright. Whoever wrote this probably just lives under a rock.
__________________
"She thought it was just a joke, I thought it was an act punishable by death, blah, blah, blah... But we reconciled and here I am." - Red about Goldilocks, The Land of Stories: A Grimm Warning

Last edited by Arthurboulos; 03-08-2014 at 07:14 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #502  
Old 03-14-2014, 12:15 PM
Arwren Arwren is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Lawton, Oklahoma
Posts: 27
Default True

This is kind of mean to Harry Potter fans, but it is also true. Not to offend anyone out there, but which series came first, Twilight of Harry Potter?
Reply With Quote
  #503  
Old 03-14-2014, 12:37 PM
saphiremoon saphiremoon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The Shadow Realm
Posts: 2,898
Send a message via Skype™ to saphiremoon
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwren View Post
This is kind of mean to Harry Potter fans, but it is also true. Not to offend anyone out there, but which series came first, Twilight of Harry Potter?
Um... Harry Potter? The first was published in 1997 and Twilight was published in 2005. And The Prisoner of Azkaban, in which Sirius Black was introduced, was published in 1999. So... yeah. J.K. Rowling didn't copy.
Reply With Quote
  #504  
Old 03-14-2014, 06:12 PM
Arwren Arwren is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Lawton, Oklahoma
Posts: 27
Default

I thought that was right, but i wasn't sure. Yea J.K Rowling didn't copy at all, Twilight did.
Reply With Quote
  #505  
Old 03-14-2014, 08:34 PM
maxi maxi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The land down under
Posts: 12,824
Default

...I kind of... um... re-read Twilight.

I like it. I like the book.
__________________
What a wonderful caricature of intimacy
Raindrops on roses and
Girls in white dresses and
Sleeping with roaches and
Taking best guesses
At the shade of the sheets and
Before all the stains
Reply With Quote
  #506  
Old 03-17-2014, 08:02 PM
Arthurboulos Arthurboulos is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: District 4
Posts: 4,570
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxi View Post
...I kind of... um... re-read Twilight.

I like it. I like the book.
Nothing is wrong with Twilight. Something was just wrong with that post. I haven't read Twilight, but I have read Harry Potter and it rocks.
__________________
"She thought it was just a joke, I thought it was an act punishable by death, blah, blah, blah... But we reconciled and here I am." - Red about Goldilocks, The Land of Stories: A Grimm Warning
Reply With Quote
  #507  
Old 04-01-2014, 09:44 PM
SilverMoon SilverMoon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: palmetto state
Posts: 10,995
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurboulos View Post
Nothing is wrong with Twilight. Something was just wrong with that post. I haven't read Twilight, but I have read Harry Potter and it rocks.
Hai. I agree.

There's nothing wrong with liking Twilight.
__________________
this and this and this
Reply With Quote
  #508  
Old 04-02-2014, 01:06 PM
lvhamsters lvhamsters is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: In your brain O_O
Posts: 14,813
Send a message via Skype™ to lvhamsters
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaR View Post
I second the Forks thing. Forks is literally the saddest place in the world.
It is ;~; Such rain.....so bland.....

I think it doesn't really come down to hating the book, I think it comes down to hating some of the book's fans.
__________________
You only live forever in the lights you make

When we were young we used to say

That you only hear the music when your hearts begin to break




Now we are the kids from yesterday
Reply With Quote
  #509  
Old 04-08-2014, 09:39 AM
EpicWriter EpicWriter is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: hiding in a closet bc anXIEty yAY
Posts: 85
Default

I'm not going to say I dislike the Twilight books because I've never read them. However I don't think it's entirely fair to hate on them. Yes, maybe they have an annoying, maybe even bad plot. But it's directed at a certain demographic of readers, and if you are not part of that demographic then don't read them. When somebody starts hating on the Harry Potter series, everybody goes insane and overprotective. However, when somebody criticizes Twilight, most people will agree and laugh along with it. I disagree wholeheartedly with the above post, the one that mentions J.K Rowling as a 'thief, racist' etc., but if one of these posts was made the other way around, saying untrue things about the Twilight books and author, not a lot of people would care. They would share the picture. They would laugh at it.
All in all I just don't agree with people hating on other people's writing. What about here, on Kidpub? If someone started posting nasty images criticizing you and your writing, or someone else's, the entire site would go into uproar because of it, including myself. So why is it okay to hate on popular authors?

Last edited by EpicWriter; 04-22-2014 at 11:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #510  
Old 04-08-2014, 07:37 PM
avbhabra avbhabra is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Held captive by Loki while waiting for the Doctor who is solving a mystery with Sherlock.
Posts: 3,129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicWriter View Post
I'm not going to say I dislike the Twilight books because I've never read them. However I don't think it's entirely fair to hate on them. Yes, maybe they have an annoying, maybe even bad plot. But it's directed at a certain demographic of readers, and if you are not part of that demographic then don't read them. When somebody starts hating on the Harry Potter series, everybody goes insane and overprotective. However, when somebody criticizes Twilight, most people will agree and laugh along with it. I disagree wholeheartedly with the above post, the one that mentions J.K Rowling as a 'thief, racist' etc., but if one of these posts was made the other way around, saying untrue things about the Twilight books and author, not a lot of people would care. They would share the picture. They would laugh at it.
All in all I just don't agree with people hating on other people's writing. What about here, on Kidpub? If someone started posting nasty images criticizing you and your writing, or someone else's, the entire site would go into uproar because of it, including myself. So why is it okay to hate on popular authors?
Wow. I couldn't have said it better myself.
__________________
The true sign of intelligence

is not KNOWLEDGE
but i m a g i n a t i o n.
- Albert Einstein

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
*onomatopoeia, boopampa is sound?, cedric is a traitor, it's made up, kwazy_k was here, lst you can't leave, lyall_areyel_was_here, max+pokey=mokey, onomotapiea bleh wrong sp, series, twilight, wth does 'boopampa' mean?

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.