Quantcast Organization and Discussion for Gateway NES - Page 4 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Never Ending Stories
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2017, 03:40 PM

So I think the group needs to go to Liz's school (and possibly stay there for a while as they try to figure things out? Like maybe they have to attend the school / act like students in order to stay there and figure out the vial and then what to do once they know what it is.)

Additionally, W.V. needs a character page.

Are Cecelia, Kyle, and W.V. all partaking in this new arc?
they'd lead me to y o u
Old 03-05-2017, 10:04 AM

Location: Let's say I'm in a spaceship with a flying unicorn, a potato, and a basket of useless items

I'm sure Cecelia will stay with the group, but I know Kyle and W.V. have some things to sort out. I think I'll leave them behind for now... (unless the situation changes and the group need a spaceship ).

I'll see if I can get a character page for W.V. done, I have some stuff to do so I may not write it write away (haha, did you find my pun? ).
Old 03-05-2017, 03:03 PM

@Kaitlyn haha nice pun!

And I love the concept of changing the setting for a temporary fresh start! Like instead of the Mansion for a while, we begin a new arc at Liz's school where the gang visits her.

That opens up a ton of cool ideas and shenanigans! Can't wait.
Old 03-06-2017, 08:31 PM

alrighty then, important notes for the new arc:

Characterwise:
- Kyle and W.V. are probably staying behind, Cecilia is continuing with the group.
- W.V. needs a file. Kaitlyn has said she's getting on that.

Plotwise:
- The Gateway group is going to Liz's school
- I've said this already, but whatever: heck yeah Gateway group in Normal World! This will be fun.
- Are they going to be attending the school for disguise/whatever reasons, or just pulling Liz out and tromping about while she figures out what the chemical is?

Other important details:
- Mallory's stolen timepiece has debated uses. Some say it could be used to spice things up in the middle of the arc, some say it could be a way to get to the arc, some say it should be saved for later arcs.
Personally I think this arc should be kept nice and simple, we can tone down the drama and take the time to explore all the characters, we can do some much needed expanding on Gary, Liz, Sunset, and Peter, ex: learning to write their distinct personalities. I don't know about you guys, but i'm only really comfortable writing Freak, Mallory, and to some extent, Echo. It would be nice to be able to write any/all of the characters with confidence.
But that's just my take on it, i'll roll with whatever the group decides ^-^

- The characters do actually need a way to get back to Gateway so they can make it to Liz's school. Which would require cross dimensional travel. I believe that Leed can teleport interplanetarily(correct me if i'm wrong). Aqua can also teleport, though I don't know the extent or distinction of her teleportation powers. If absolutely necessary, Freak has technically teleported people back to Gateway from another dimension before, so he could conceivably do that again, but he's got the navigation skills of a noodle so don't count on it.
The riddle book might work, though it would take a lot of waiting on the character's behalf.
Down and out and missing home

(So beat a little louder now
I can't hear you anymore)
-Barns Courntey
Old 03-06-2017, 10:23 PM

I hope as soon as everyone gets on board, we can make this possibly the best arc yet. I really really REALLY would like to expand on the individual lives of each character so they seem a little more THEM, if that makes any sense.

Having older characters back like Liz would be great, and @Re As for Leed, my plan for him was to gradually allow a progression from the time he was introduced to the time he meets his somewhat demise….. *mwahahahaha O_O*

His powers are getting stronger and although he finds it easier to teleport to places he can see, I want an engineer-like character to tweak his glasses so that he can see through ALL dimensions (being able to teleport virtually anywhere). This can happen in due time of course :P
Old 03-06-2017, 11:47 PM

Mallory also stated that they have knowledge of cross-dimensional travel and cross-dimensional gates. That could somehow be useful???
they'd lead me to y o u
Old 03-07-2017, 01:04 AM

Thumbs up

Bingo! I was lowkey nudging *hint hint* that Mallory is most likely out of all the characters to help Leed reach his full power potential (since they are somewhat engineer-like).

Mallory's smarts can help Leed tinker with his pair of glasses to build sort of super spectacles. Hm? Maybe?

Oh and I'm excited, guys! I was messing around with my tablet the other day and made this art of Leed on my art blog. I didn't title it but you know who he is :P

Whatcha think?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tumblr_omfkijcCPr1w0qeh5o1_500.jpg (82.3 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by SuperJ; 03-08-2017 at 12:13 PM.
Old 03-07-2017, 09:17 AM

Location: Let's say I'm in a spaceship with a flying unicorn, a potato, and a basket of useless items

I'm excited as well, Justin! I have W.V.'s profile ready:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~

Appearance - W.V. seemed like the essential supervillian at first glance, but now that he is not possessed he looks quite ordinary. His midnight black hair, being the shame shade as Cecelia's and Kyle's, suggests that he might related to them in some way. He also has the same deep, hypnotizing violet eyes that Cecelia has. When the group first met him, he was wearing some sort of black cloak which made him hard to see. However, after being possessed he took it off because he didn't need it anymore. Knowing that Cecelia would be going with the group, he gave the cloak to her... unbeknownst to the evil power inside it.

Personality - W.V. is actually quite generous, even though whatever it was possessing him didn't make him act that way. He still feels guilty about what he did when he was possessed, but he doesn't know how to undo it anymore. So, now he's going to join Kyle in the Space Patrol and hope that somehow the group would get it fixed.

Powers - While he was possessed the group suspected he had some sort of power. Now that he isn't possessed, it doesn't seem like he has any powers at all. And he forgot pretty much everything he knew while he was possessed - now he only knows what horrible things he did.

History - W.V. and Cecelia broke out of the Gateway Mansion when the Creator was ruling, thanks to Sunset being such a distraction. (this may have been an arc that was not put on the wiki because the organization was not put in place yet) They explored some of the areas outside of the Mansion and then came back together and met again, when suddenly W.V. started acting different. Cecelia, wondering why that happened after they left each other for the second time, found out he was possessed by something. She freed him from whatever was controlling him thanks to Aqua giving her some great advice.

Activities - Now W.V. and Kyle are sorting some things out, while Cecelia has gone out with the group to find Liz. W.V. is still only known by his initials...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~

By the way, Justin, I like your picture of Leed! Maybe we could put it on the wiki with his profile?
Old 03-07-2017, 02:24 PM

Idk how to do that though, sadly
Old 03-07-2017, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJ View Post
Idk how to do that though, sadly
I can do that for you as well as transfer W.V.'s profile to the wiki.
they'd lead me to y o u

Tags
justin was here too, luna was here, nes, poliwog, sy was here ;), what is my life