Quantcast Polygamous Marriage - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home
Old 04-19-2015, 05:23 PM

Default Polygamous Marriage

I realize this is a touchy subject, but I've been confused about both sides of the argument for a while. I would like to embrace polyamorous people and recognize their sexuality, however I'm not sure if marriage would cross some sort of line. What do you guys think?

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 04-19-2015, 06:02 PM

i don't really know. i think it depends on the relationships between spouses. if everyone hates each other/is out to get one another, what's the point? but if they're all on the same page and don't mind a relationship with those terms, then i think it's fine
they should hopefully be aware and accepting of their spouse's romantic/sexual identity, since i think this polygamy is something that depends on the strength of people's relationships with each other. take away those connections and you have a relationship with multiple people turned sour

overall i guess if everyone knows what's up and is okay with that, then it should be a-okay (but that's just my take on it)
finally
free

or is this
just a prettier
cage?
Old 04-19-2015, 06:52 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Jesse

I can't think of any reasons against it :| I think it's okay
Old 04-19-2015, 07:00 PM

as long as everyone involved in the relationship is totally chill with it, there aren't really any problems!
Old 04-22-2015, 09:49 AM

I'll be the first to bring it up- polyamorous (it wouldn't be polygamy, that is specific to multiple wives) relationships would be hard as hell to create legal rights for. I mean, this is probably going to have to wait a bit until there are enough people trying to come up with how property works, how custody works, how visitation works, how adoption works, etc.
For instance, what if a polyamorous person has a kid? Is every person in that marriage the parent on the birth certificate because they all raise them together? Can you take exception to being a parent? What grounds would you have to have to do that? Would only the two biological parents be the parents and the other spouses would be guardians? Wouldn't that be unfair to the other parents? How long is it going to take for us to figure all of this out?
I dunno. It's a noble cause, but I doubt it'll happen very soon. Eventually, though, it'll probably become enough of a movement to get legislation and all. Let's hope!
Old 04-22-2015, 02:19 PM

I'm polyamorous, however getting married isnt really something I want to do, whether it's monogamous or polygamous. But I mean whatever happens happens.

Jasper brings up multiple good points, but I really hope that polygamy becomes legal once those things are figured out.

Last edited by Lily09; 04-22-2015 at 02:25 PM.