Quantcast Reminisce (a place to talk about all your kidpub memories) - Page 23 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Randomize
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2019, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostBittenKitten View Post
sameee

i literally decided i was leaving at least once but i always come back because kp is like my internet home <3
yeah i think i decided i was leaving in 2017??? but then i was like nah hi i'm back + it's so hard walking away from a place that you love so much and i just cant do it it's impossible for me lmao idk if i'll be posting stuff but maybe...
Sleeping with roaches and
Taking best guesses
At the shade of the sheets and
Before all the stains
Old 01-05-2019, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxi View Post
yeah i think i decided i was leaving in 2017??? but then i was like nah hi i'm back + it's so hard walking away from a place that you love so much and i just cant do it it's impossible for me lmao idk if i'll be posting stuff but maybe...
I've posted "I'm leaving" quite a few times, but always ended coming back a few months or a year later, I just couldn't stay away permanently. The past year I've been more of a "lurks kp every few weeks" presence, but decided to come back and be more active since Ena convinced me
Old 01-12-2019, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HannahChen2009 View Post
I've posted "I'm leaving" quite a few times, but always ended coming back a few months or a year later, I just couldn't stay away permanently. The past year I've been more of a "lurks kp every few weeks" presence, but decided to come back and be more active since Ena convinced me
Its one of those things where I know that this isn't necessarily my space anymore, as a college student and almost 19-year-old, but its also, like, This was my first experience with having friends online, and I still think back to what KP was for me, and I know that I can't bear to actually leave it for good.
Old 01-12-2019, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartgal00 View Post
Its one of those things where I know that this isn't necessarily my space anymore, as a college student and almost 19-year-old, but its also, like, This was my first experience with having friends online, and I still think back to what KP was for me, and I know that I can't bear to actually leave it for good.
Idk what Perry thinks about this, because I *think* we're the first era of kids who just... Won't grow up? Won't leave the place? Keep checking back (and posting; I know a lot of older people who have been online but perhaps they've only come on for a few minutes bc their last activity is surprisingly from like, Oct.~Dec.2018 but their last post from YEARS ago.)
as 17/18/19/20 years old we can't really say we're... 'kids' anymore, and of course this probably isn't the best space for us to be, because as we grow up and become more politically engaged or start writing things with swears, Gore, sexual themes, or trigger warnings etc, kids are inevitably going to see that.
Of course with the community as dormant as it is right now, it might be a good idea for us to stay, and maybe give the newer members a little nudge, some comments of encouragement, etc, but if there is perhaps some influx of newbies and a newer generation of Kidpub, perhaps it would be necessary to consider an alternative.
Old 01-12-2019, 02:05 PM

i was a very stupid person
i mean i still am
but
still
let me put my stupidity in a list:
1. i was homophobic
2. i hated atheists/people outside of my religion
3. i spoke way too much
4. i made really cringy parodies??? like when service plot came i made a frickin price tag parody?? somebody kill me pls???
5. i made mlp fanfics
6. i got in lots of drama
7. i wrote trash mystery (i mean all of my books were/are trash anyway hehe)
8. i pretended to be friends with the nice people here
9. many other things
edit: 10. I MADE AN "IM LEAVING PART 2" POST??? excuse me while i sCrEaM
_____
i was basically everything you don't want your child or just any child in general to be or grow up as

as much as i love this website and the people here, i really regret 99.9% of the memories i had because they contained me being stupid and i never did anything good

Last edited by Syafai; 01-12-2019 at 02:08 PM.
Old 01-12-2019, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syafai View Post
i mean i still am
but
still
1. i was homophobic
3. i spoke way too much
4. i made really cringy parodies??? like when service plot came i made a frickin price tag parody?? somebody kill me pls???
5. i made mlp fanfics
9. many other things
_____
i was basically everything you don't want your child or just any child in general to be or grow up as

as much as i love this website and the people here, i really regret 99.9% of the memories i had because they contained me being stupid and i never did anything good
admittedly you were pretty bad and hurt some people
(I'm not going to say you weren't) but the fact that you recognize you were wrong, and you are willing to face your mistakes now, says a lot about you as a person and it means you've grown so much more over the last 2 (3? Idk?) years.
I do hope you keep growing, and I personally do not hold your past against you and hope you keep trying to become a better person everyday.
Old 01-12-2019, 02:13 PM

Quote:
admittedly you were pretty bad and hurt some people
(I'm not going to say you weren't) but the fact that you recognize you were wrong, and you are willing to face your mistakes now, says a lot about you as a person and it means you've grown so much more over the last 2 (3? Idk?) years.
I do hope you keep growing, and I personally do not hold your past against you and hope you keep trying to become a better person everyday.
aw shucks this made me smile
Old 01-12-2019, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Idk what Perry thinks about this, because I *think* we're the first era of kids who just... Won't grow up? Won't leave the place? Keep checking back (and posting; I know a lot of older people who have been online but perhaps they've only come on for a few minutes bc their last activity is surprisingly from like, Oct.~Dec.2018 but their last post from YEARS ago.)
as 17/18/19/20 years old we can't really say we're... 'kids' anymore, and of course this probably isn't the best space for us to be, because as we grow up and become more politically engaged or start writing things with swears, Gore, sexual themes, or trigger warnings etc, kids are inevitably going to see that.
Of course with the community as dormant as it is right now, it might be a good idea for us to stay, and maybe give the newer members a little nudge, some comments of encouragement, etc, but if there is perhaps some influx of newbies and a newer generation of Kidpub, perhaps it would be necessary to consider an alternative.
Yeah.. its definitely a group of us who keep coming on for brief spurts at a time - the amount of posts I've put on the 'goodbye' thread because I've returned from a hiatus, ugh - but I think it's gotta say something about the impact KP had, so I hope Perry's at least a little okay with it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syafai View Post
i mean i still am
but
still
1. i was homophobic
3. i spoke way too much
5. i made mlp fanfics
9. many other things
_____

Listen, everyone has done crappy things, and while yeah, some of your stuff was worse than other things, recognizing it shows growth in your character. There are so many people in the world who do/did such terrible things but refuse to acknowledge that. You acknowledging it shows that you have a willingness to change your behavior, and by doing so shows that you are a better person than you used to be.

(also, mlp fanfics, talking a lot, leaving part 2 posts, those are the epitome of growing up, so don't worry about that stuff)
Old 01-12-2019, 04:07 PM

The amount of work I have to do to censor myself (from swearing) because I have the mouth of a sailor... ugh, I'm too old for this crap.
Old 01-12-2019, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartgal00 View Post
Yeah.. its definitely a group of us who keep coming on for brief spurts at a time - the amount of posts I've put on the 'goodbye' thread because I've returned from a hiatus, ugh - but I think it's gotta say something about the impact KP had, so I hope Perry's at least a little okay with it...

Listen, everyone has done crappy things, and while yeah, some of your stuff was worse than other things, recognizing it shows growth in your character. There are so many people in the world who do/did such terrible things but refuse to acknowledge that. You acknowledging it shows that you have a willingness to change your behavior, and by doing so shows that you are a better person than you used to be.

(also, mlp fanfics, talking a lot, leaving part 2 posts, those are the epitome of growing up, so don't worry about that stuff)
yOU'RE ALL SO KIND I dOnT kNoW wHaT tO sAy

Tags
cat squared is otp, classical cat, kayla was here, memories :'(, nilent <3, nostalgia