Quantcast Angels & Demons NES (complicated but hopefully fun) - Page 2 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Never Ending Stories
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2018, 01:28 AM

Hell yes! Im reserving a spot for my form here
Old 07-28-2018, 02:56 AM

Great! glad to have you!

And no rush everybody,I'm literally gonna take ages on my character forms myself
Old 07-31-2018, 05:19 PM

I've completed Anabiel's appearance section and I really want to draw him before I go into his personality. I have to finish this one commission I'm working on but after that I'm gonna pour my heart and soul into Anabiel.

(Then next archangel Haniel, fallen angel Kabaiel, demon earl Ronove, and probably some human/partially human characters I haven't thought up yet.)
Old 08-06-2018, 04:00 PM

Aaaaand although the going is slow I'm still very invested in this NES and will be drawing Anabiel hopefully soon :')
I can also draw other people's characters for them if you like!
Old 08-06-2018, 05:24 PM

Asher's file is finished, maybe I'll finish Japheth's tonight. Then again, maybe not, depends on how invested I am in FMA at that point ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@Ena yo, if my descs are good enough u can draw my chirren if you want.
Down and out and missing home

(So beat a little louder now
I can't hear you anymore)
-Barns Courntey
Old 08-06-2018, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda View Post
Asher's file is finished, maybe I'll finish Japheth's tonight. Then again, maybe not, depends on how invested I am in FMA at that point ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@Ena yo, if my descs are good enough u can draw my chirren if you want.
Will do!
Old 08-08-2018, 09:19 PM

Behold, my children! Uh,, I haven't done really detailed character files in a long time, so you'll have to forgive me if this sucks, but anyways. I'm excited for this rp c:
I know I reserved a post but the files are too long to post in the same post and I don't want them far apart :?

Species: Child of a Nephilim (approximately ¼ angel)

Name: Ashkenaz Jung, goes by Asher to avoid the cringiness of listening to people mispronounce her name.

Origin: Original/Judaic

Classification: I tried to find a translation of the bible that specified something more than ‘sons of God’ in reference to the angels that had children with humans, but couldn’t. So. Let’s say she’s the daughter of the son of the principality Nanael.

Domain: There’s literally nothing on any of the principalities except their leader on that wiki list. I’m just going to go ahead and say her domain is literature.

Sex/Gender: Okay bear with me, so she identifies as female and for the most part has,, the parts. But they're a little malformed. If you catch my drift. Hopefully that's not tmi for kp but I was just thinking about how an angel might pass on their intersex-ness, genetically speaking. Or rather, how it might muddy the waters, so to speak.
I'm spending too much time on this. Moving on!

Physical Appearance: Asher is a tall, gangly girl with a narrow build. She has a dark tan complexion with zigzaggy pink stretch marks up her thighs and back, as well as surgery scars down the center of her chest, horizontally across her midsection, and one circular surgery scar on her left side over her stomach. She likes to wear simple, neutral colors like grey, brown, and white. She favors tight pants that show off her calves, and flowy shirts and scarfs that she uses to hide her lower face. She has full, dark lips with a scar running up into her right nostril from a cleft lip and palate, she self conscious about it and the slight lisp she has because of it, so she often pulls the fabric of her scarfs up to hide her mouth. As well as the cleft lip, her right eye is also blind and turned in, and she has an ostomy bag, a product of the ileotomy she had when she was young to keep her organs from crushing themselves (more later).

Her eyes are warm and green, with flecks of black, and she wears thick round glasses to help correct the poor vision in her other eye. Her face is framed by masses of springy black curls, sometimes she puts it in cornrows, but normally she wears it loose with a beanie crammed on top. She also, for some reason, doesn’t like wearing shoes. She wears socks or thin ballet shoes at most.

Personality: Asher keeps to herself mostly, reads heavily and gets easily annoyed when other people... exist. She’s not shy, but she is extremely self-conscious and had her fair share of bullying in middle school and high school (she’s a third-year college student now btw)(by which I mean she’s been attending post-secondary for two years but ended high school with full first year credits bc ap classes are a thing that exist).

Her attitude is acerbic with little room for pleasantries, and as a result people don’t like to hang around her. She’s judgemental, sometimes openly, and bluntly honest. She’s also a know-it-all, like, basically a walking encyclopedia and, given the opportunity, can ramble for hours about any given topic. She’d be great on a debate team if she could tolerate the presence of other human(ish) beings for more than two seconds.

Abilities:
- Eidetic memory
- Increased stamina and strength, though it doesn’t appear that way. With the increased stamina/strength she can function as a fit human, without it she is considerably more fragile. Her heart is weak and she’s subject to frequent infections/illness.
- Has a ridiculously easy time understanding and deciphering complex literature. Good at translating languages too, doesn’t know any completely but can definitely get along in several, including some dead ones that she learned in order to read some older texts in their original language.
- Pretty good with basic medical care. She recognizes when she needs to add more nutritional supplements to her diet and things like that. So if someone had, let’s say, hypoglycemia, and described the symptoms to her, she might give them a cup of juice to help with that.
- Along similar lines, she’s a good cook and very conscious of what goes into her meals, because she has to take in a lot of high nutrients foods in order to stay healthy and out of the hospital.

Sexuality: Typically she supresses all sexual/romantic feelings as a result of her own deep-rooted self-consciousness/hate about her deformities. But, underneath all that suppression she knows she's something that likes girls and nb cuties (and a little bit guys but not as much or as often).

Any Other Relevant Details: Asher was born with several deformities, primarily several of her organs ended up in the wrong spot. Her heart formed outside her ribcage, and her intestines were tangled up in her stomach and liver. At first, the biggest concern was her heart, she was kept in NICU and given special ‘armor’ to protect it until she was old enough to have surgery with a lower risk. However, the doctors quickly realized that she wasn’t receiving nutrition and was growing extremely ill. This was a result of the blood flow to her intestines being cut off, the tissue became necrotic and the doctors performed an emergency ileotomy (removal of the necrotic intestines) and installed a feeding tube. Later, the feeding tube was removed and at age three she was able to have the surgery to put her heart back inside her ribcage. Thus, the ostomy bag and the weak heart.

If there are humans in this rp there’s a good chance she’ll orient herself around them. Her angelic ancestry has given her an innate, subconscious, desire to protect humans. She’ll especially position herself between a human and a demon, like standing with one on either side or other subtle things like that.

She doesn’t know she’s part angel so she’ll probably be confused and scared for the first little bit (I mean, depending on what happens). Also, she and Japheth are, friends? Sort of. Okay so here’s the deal, I’ll explain it more in Japheth’s file, but basically Japheth started hanging out around Asher when she was in eleventh grade and she hated his guts because a) that’s her usual reaction to people anyways, and b) uh, angel and demon? Haha, no. He made her spidey--*ahem* I mean, angel senses tingle < that part she was unaware of, but it’s the bigger reason she hated him at first. But, as time wore on and Japheth refused to leave her alone, she got used to him. Her inborn reaction to the demon in him dulled, kind of like how highly empathetic people don’t ‘feel’ their own family members as well as strangers because they’ve been around them their whole lives. Now she tolerates him but doesn’t like to admit it. She might even miss him if he was killed. Might.

-Barns Courntey

Last edited by Zelda; 08-08-2018 at 09:38 PM.
Old 08-08-2018, 09:23 PM

Species: Demon

Name: Japheth the Dissembler

Origin: Original?

Classification: In the third hierarchy

Domain: Deception

Sex/Gender: Male

Physical Appearance:
Human form: Japheth’s human form is a little above average height, and well muscled. He’s more lean than bulky but he can certainly throw a solid punch. He has a warm olive complexion that tans nicely. His hair is thick and black, it’s permanently messy, kind of like he styles it to be a bedhead on purpose for that Edgy Look™. Long black lashes and metallic gold eyeliner frame his slanted eyes (I know this isn’t the pc term, but you know what I mean. He looks filipino), the gold theme is carried on with a gold helix hoop in his right ear, and a gold tongue stud. He’s always wearing darkwash jeans and a black leather jacket (that he stole), as well as a pair of sturdy black boots that have a little bit of heel (he also stole those). He rarely takes off his jacket, and never takes off his shirt, his back is the telltale that exposes his identity as a demon to the world.

Overall, his human form is easy on the eyes, he’s got perfect teeth, nice lips, good skin. He’s perfected ye olde lazy smirk, and flirts a lot. But, he gets this glint in his eyes when something starts to get to him, it looks a little like they’ve actually turned to gold. Basically his human form is a Gary Stu (nyah) with a pinch of something that might eat you if you get too close.

Note: I forgot to mention his eye color. It’s a sage-y brown layered over stone grey. In some lights it looks cattishly yellow, in others it looks almost chocolate brown, and as mentioned above it also sometimes appears gold. The eyeliner accents his eye color in whichever lighting.

True Form: A ring of mouths full of jagged teeth and oily black tongues encircle his lower head, starting where a human mouth would be. His eyes are nothing but clawed-out sockets that leak old blood perpetually, and that right side of his face sags like he’s have a stroke. Thin, matted hair hangs off his head, interrupted by his horns. The right horn is broken off at it’s base, and the left grows crooked, angled down. He has wings, but they aren’t functional. They grew out a bit, and then got bent backwards and grew into his back. The right one is curled tighter and has a few offshoots, like it tried to compensate by growing a new section of wing. The left one is more spread out and jammed in deeper, the bones in the tip fused with the top of his hipbone, forcing him into a permanent slumped posture.

Personality: Charismatic with a silver tongue that can get him out of any sort of trouble (albeit he’s not bothered by throwing people under the bus). He has a dark sense of humour and while he’s great a pretending, he sometimes forgets to act empathetic/sympathetic. He’s curious and adventurous, but his base emotions and instincts are entirely animalistic, and at times (especially when he’s worn down) this shines through. But for the most part he uses it as part of his charming, Bad Boy™ human façade.

He’s manipulative, unfeeling, and destructive to the core of his being. But, he also happens to be very indulgent, especially in humans. He’s most interested in having a good time.

Abilities: an excellent liar, for obvious reasons.
- Glamour and persuasion charms
- Can sense the presence of other demons and angels
- Interrogation. He’s adept at this for… reasons, also he can tell when he’s being lied to.
- Surprisingly agile, considering his true form is six kinds of screwed up
- Unsurprisingly high pain tolerance. It’s not so much that he doesn’t feel pain easily, it’s just that he’s used to it. He’s used to it being excruciating, and he’s used to it being constant, and it’ll take a hell of a lot more than a broken bone to crack him.
- Raw energy manipulation to some extent. For instance, he could chuck bursts of energy at an opponent, but couldn’t give the energy a detailed form (like a sword or a mace) without exhausting himself shortly after.
- Heightened hearing (all the better to hear your lies mwahaha)

Sexuality: anything goes as long as it’s fun (and by this I mean anything consensual and legal, he’s the demon of lying, not a sex offender).

Any Other Relevant Details:
All of Japheth’s mouth speak at once all the time, however Japheth himself speaks very little while in demon form. The mouths weave a constant stream of lies, most often aimed at Japheth himself, but occasionally reaching out to others as a torrent of demeaning and/or misleading ‘truths’ and temptations that can (and have) driven other beings to madness. I didn’t put this under ‘powers/abilities’ because the mouths function more as a separate entity, attacking Japheth as eagerly as they would attack anyone else. He can hear them even while in human form.

Using ‘magic’ (whatever we’re calling it in this rp) obviously has a toll on him. I have more details for myself, but let’s just say for now that while he’s in human form, a glamour charm of moderate power kept up constantly would take about two weeks to kill him of magic depletion. Something much bigger, like um… pulling a mountain out of thin air (he can’t do this, but let’s pretend for the sake of the example) would kill him outright. In order to recover he has to first stop using any magic, then rest. The period of rest depends on the amount of magic used. Depending on the extent of the damage he may also have to return to his demon form—which is less effected by the exchange of magic.

As mentioned above, Japheth is an indulgent and curious creature, and this is what drove his initial interest in Asher. He sensed the angel blood in her almost immediately, and thought he’d have a bit of fun with her. He approached her a few times, and dropped hints here and there to get her interested, but eventually he realized that she didn’t have enough juice to recognize him as a demon—and therefore her enemy. Rather than turn him away, this twist fed straight into Japheth’s curiosity, and he continued his game with Asher with even more determination. With no end goal aside from seeing how deeply he could twist himself into her life, the game could potentially go on forever—or until Asher died.

Aside from his game, Japheth has also developed a preference for hanging around Asher rather than being alone (or being in the presence of a particular demon or so). He can appreciate her blunt honesty, and the fact that she, unlike his perfect, pretty human form, is ugly*. That, and she carries on a decent conversation, which he finds is rare among human(oid)s.

*Disclaimer: Personally I don’t find Asher ugly, but in the conventional world view, and in her own self-view.. it is what it is.

-Barns Courntey

Last edited by Zelda; 08-08-2018 at 09:44 PM.
Old 08-08-2018, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Behold, my children! Uh,, I haven't done really detailed character files in a long time, so you'll have to forgive me if this sucks, but anyways. I'm excited for this rp c:
I know I reserved a post but the files are too long to post in the same post and I don't want them far apart :?

Species: Child of a Nephilim (approximately ¼ angel)
Name: Ashkenaz Jung, goes by Asher to avoid the cringiness of listening to people mispronounce her name.
Origin: Original/Judaic
Classification: I tried to find a translation of the bible that specified something more than ‘sons of God’ in reference to the angels that had children with humans, but couldn’t. So. Let’s say she’s the daughter of the son of the principality Nanael.
Domain: There’s literally nothing on any of the principalities except their leader on that wiki list. I’m just going to go ahead and say her domain is literature.
Sex/Gender: Okay bear with me, so she identifies as female and for the most part has,, the parts. But they're a little malformed. If you catch my drift. Hopefully that's not tmi for kp but I was just thinking about how an angel might pass on their intersex-ness, genetically speaking. Or rather, how it might muddy the waters, so to speak.
I'm spending too much time on this. Moving on!
Physical Appearance: Asher is a tall, gangly girl with a narrow build. She has a dark tan complexion with zigzaggy pink stretch marks up her thighs and back, as well as surgery scars down the center of her chest, horizontally across her midsection, and one circular surgery scar on her left side over her stomach. She likes to wear simple, neutral colors like grey, brown, and white. She favors tight pants that show off her calves, and flowy shirts and scarfs that she uses to hide her lower face. She has full, dark lips with a scar running up into her right nostril from a cleft lip and palate, she self conscious about it and the slight lisp she has because of it, so she often pulls the fabric of her scarfs up to hide her mouth. As well as the cleft lip, her right eye is also blind and turned in, and she has an ostomy bag, a product of the ileotomy she had when she was young to keep her organs from crushing themselves (more later).
Her eyes are warm and green, with flecks of black, and she wears thick round glasses to help correct the poor vision in her other eye. Her face is framed by masses of springy black curls, sometimes she puts it in cornrows, but normally she wears it loose with a beanie crammed on top. She also, for some reason, doesn’t like wearing shoes. She wears socks or thin ballet shoes at most.
Personality: Asher keeps to herself mostly, reads heavily and gets easily annoyed when other people... exist. She’s not shy, but she is extremely self-conscious and had her fair share of bullying in middle school and high school (she’s a third-year college student now btw)(by which I mean she’s been attending post-secondary for two years but ended high school with full first year credits bc ap classes are a thing that exist).
Her attitude is acerbic with little room for pleasantries, and as a result people don’t like to hang around her. She’s judgemental, sometimes openly, and bluntly honest. She’s also a know-it-all, like, basically a walking encyclopedia and, given the opportunity, can ramble for hours about any given topic. She’d be great on a debate team if she could tolerate the presence of other human(ish) beings for more than two seconds.
Abilities:
- Eidetic memory
- Increased stamina and strength, though it doesn’t appear that way. With the increased stamina/strength she can function as a fit human, without it she is considerably more fragile. Her heart is weak and she’s subject to frequent infections/illness.
- Has a ridiculously easy time understanding and deciphering complex literature. Good at translating languages too, doesn’t know any completely but can definitely get along in several, including some dead ones that she learned in order to read some older texts in their original language.
- Pretty good with basic medical care. She recognizes when she needs to add more nutritional supplements to her diet and things like that. So if someone had, let’s say, hypoglycemia, and described the symptoms to her, she might give them a cup of juice to help with that.
- Along similar lines, she’s a good cook and very conscious of what goes into her meals, because she has to take in a lot of high nutrients foods in order to stay healthy and out of the hospital.
Sexuality: Typically she supresses all sexual/romantic feelings as a result of her own deep-rooted self-consciousness/hate about her deformities. But, underneath all that suppression she knows she's something that likes girls and nb cuties (and a little bit guys but not as much or as often).
Any Other Relevant Details: Asher was born with several deformities, primarily several of her organs ended up in the wrong spot. Her heart formed outside her ribcage, and her intestines were tangled up in her stomach and liver. At first, the biggest concern was her heart, she was kept in NICU and given special ‘armor’ to protect it until she was old enough to have surgery with a lower risk. However, the doctors quickly realized that she wasn’t receiving nutrition and was growing extremely ill. This was a result of the blood flow to her intestines being cut off, the tissue became necrotic and the doctors performed an emergency ileotomy (removal of the necrotic intestines) and installed a feeding tube. Later, the feeding tube was removed and at age three she was able to have the surgery to put her heart back inside her ribcage. Thus, the ostomy bag and the weak heart.
If there are humans in this rp there’s a good chance she’ll orient herself around them. Her angelic ancestry has given her an innate, subconscious, desire to protect humans. She’ll especially position herself between a human and a demon, like standing with one on either side or other subtle things like that.
She doesn’t know she’s part angel so she’ll probably be confused and scared for the first little bit (I mean, depending on what happens). Also, she and Japheth are, friends? Sort of. Okay so here’s the deal, I’ll explain it more in Japheth’s file, but basically Japheth started hanging out around Asher when she was in eleventh grade and she hated his guts because a) that’s her usual reaction to people anyways, and b) uh, angel and demon? Haha, no. He made her spidey--*ahem* I mean, angel senses tingle < that part she was unaware of, but it’s the bigger reason she hated him at first. But, as time wore on and Japheth refused to leave her alone, she got used to him. Her inborn reaction to the demon in him dulled, kind of like how highly empathetic people don’t ‘feel’ their own family members as well as strangers because they’ve been around them their whole lives. Now she tolerates him but doesn’t like to admit it. She might even miss him if he was killed. Might.
rEEEEEEEEEE GOD I LOVE HER SO MUCH!!!!! (this might actually inspire me to work more on Anabiel and my others uqajduheuhehgdhbdhbd)
Old 08-08-2018, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Species: Demon

Name: Japheth the Dissembler
Origin: Original?
Classification: In the third hierarchy
Domain: Deception
Sex/Gender: Male
Physical Appearance:
Human form: Japheth’s human form is a little above average height, and well muscled. He’s more lean than bulky but he can certainly throw a solid punch. He has a warm olive complexion that tans nicely. His hair is thick and black, it’s permanently messy, kind of like he styles it to be a bedhead on purpose for that Edgy Look™. Long black lashes and metallic gold eyeliner frame his slanted eyes (I know this isn’t the pc term, but you know what I mean. He looks filipino), the gold theme is carried on with a gold helix hoop in his right ear, and a gold tongue stud. He’s always wearing darkwash jeans and a black leather jacket (that he stole), as well as a pair of sturdy black boots that have a little bit of heel (he also stole those). He rarely takes off his jacket, and never takes off his shirt, his back is the telltale that exposes his identity as a demon to the world.
Overall, his human form is easy on the eyes, he’s got perfect teeth, nice lips, good skin. He’s perfected ye olde lazy smirk, and flirts a lot. But, he gets this glint in his eyes when something starts to get to him, it looks a little like they’ve actually turned to gold. Basically his human form is a Gary Stu (nyah) with a pinch of something that might eat you if you get too close.
Note: I forgot to mention his eye color. It’s a sage-y brown layered over stone grey. In some lights it looks cattishly yellow, in others it looks almost chocolate brown, and as mentioned above it also sometimes appears gold. The eyeliner accents his eye color in whichever lighting.
True Form: A ring of mouths full of jagged teeth and oily black tongues encircle his lower head, starting where a human mouth would be. His eyes are nothing but clawed-out sockets that leak old blood perpetually, and that right side of his face sags like he’s have a stroke. Thin, matted hair hangs off his head, interrupted by his horns. The right horn is broken off at it’s base, and the left grows crooked, angled down. He has wings, but they aren’t functional. They grew out a bit, and then got bent backwards and grew into his back. The right one is curled tighter and has a few offshoots, like it tried to compensate by growing a new section of wing. The left one is more spread out and jammed in deeper, the bones in the tip fused with the top of his hipbone, forcing him into a permanent slumped posture.
Personality: Charismatic with a silver tongue that can get him out of any sort of trouble (albeit he’s not bothered by throwing people under the bus). He has a dark sense of humour and while he’s great a pretending, he sometimes forgets to act empathetic/sympathetic. He’s curious and adventurous, but his base emotions and instincts are entirely animalistic, and at times (especially when he’s worn down) this shines through. But for the most part he uses it as part of his charming, Bad Boy™ human façade.
He’s manipulative, unfeeling, and destructive to the core of his being. But, he also happens to be very indulgent, especially in humans. He’s most interested in having a good time.
Abilities: an excellent liar, for obvious reasons.
- Glamour and persuasion charms
- Can sense the presence of other demons and angels
- Interrogation. He’s adept at this for… reasons, also he can tell when he’s being lied to.
- Surprisingly agile, considering his true form is six kinds of screwed up
- Unsurprisingly high pain tolerance. It’s not so much that he doesn’t feel pain easily, it’s just that he’s used to it. He’s used to it being excruciating, and he’s used to it being constant, and it’ll take a hell of a lot more than a broken bone to crack him.
- Raw energy manipulation to some extent. For instance, he could chuck bursts of energy at an opponent, but couldn’t give the energy a detailed form (like a sword or a mace) without exhausting himself shortly after.
- Heightened hearing (all the better to hear your lies mwahaha)
Sexuality: anything goes as long as it’s fun (and by this I mean anything consensual and legal, he’s the demon of lying, not a sex offender).
Any Other Relevant Details:
All of Japheth’s mouth speak at once all the time, however Japheth himself speaks very little while in demon form. The mouths weave a constant stream of lies, most often aimed at Japheth himself, but occasionally reaching out to others as a torrent of demeaning and/or misleading ‘truths’ and temptations that can (and have) driven other beings to madness. I didn’t put this under ‘powers/abilities’ because the mouths function more as a separate entity, attacking Japheth as eagerly as they would attack anyone else. He can hear them even while in human form.
Using ‘magic’ (whatever we’re calling it in this rp) obviously has a toll on him. I have more details for myself, but let’s just say for now that while he’s in human form, a glamour charm of moderate power kept up constantly would take about two weeks to kill him of magic depletion. Something much bigger, like um… pulling a mountain out of thin air (he can’t do this, but let’s pretend for the sake of the example) would kill him outright. In order to recover he has to first stop using any magic, then rest. The period of rest depends on the amount of magic used. Depending on the extent of the damage he may also have to return to his demon form—which is less effected by the exchange of magic.
As mentioned above, Japheth is an indulgent and curious creature, and this is what drove his initial interest in Asher. He sensed the angel blood in her almost immediately, and thought he’d have a bit of fun with her. He approached her a few times, and dropped hints here and there to get her interested, but eventually he realized that she didn’t have enough juice to recognize him as a demon—and therefore her enemy. Rather than turn him away, this twist fed straight into Japheth’s curiosity, and he continued his game with Asher with even more determination. With no end goal aside from seeing how deeply he could twist himself into her life, the game could potentially go on forever—or until Asher died.
Aside from his game, Japheth has also developed a preference for hanging around Asher rather than being alone (or being in the presence of a particular demon or so). He can appreciate her blunt honesty, and the fact that she, unlike his perfect, pretty human form, is ugly*. That, and she carries on a decent conversation, which he finds is rare among human(oid)s.
*Disclaimer: Personally I don’t find Asher ugly, but in the conventional world view, and in her own self-view.. it is what it is.
I LOVE HIM TOO WHYUIWHBHHQHIHWEUYGDWUDOGHWFWYUGF
I WILL HAVE TO WORK HARD TO MaKE MY CHARACTERS AS LOVELY AS YOURS