Quantcast Your emotional venting thread. I'll explain. - Page 172 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Free advice
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2012, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily09 View Post
You are most definitely not, AA. If you are a ninja, your dot wouldn't show up as green.
Unfortunately for AA....
from the ashes
you pick up the p i e c e s
and the ghosts in the attic;
they never quite leave
Old 07-17-2012, 08:48 PM

why do i hate myself so often? i don't know what happened. i came back from a boring writing camp thing and my dad made me do math homework, but i got distracted and started thinking about how horrible i am at everything. i tried talking to my dad, but he acts like he's too good to understand his kid's feelings. or any feelings, for that matter. i sometimes think he's a robot and not a real person. my mom's too busy, and my sister's probably going to torment me with the memory of today if i tell her that i feel like i'm pointless.

Last edited by meerkat; 07-17-2012 at 08:57 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:01 PM

Send a message via MSN to Sandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth View Post
But the depression of the teenage years originate from hormones.
All emotions originate from hormones regardless...
Are you implying that you have somehow evaded this?
If so... do share.
I'm sure that there is a mob of KPers who would dearly like to know your secret.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherB View Post
Unfortunately for AA....
I am a ninja. See, I'm purple, yet still online.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
why do i hate myself so often? i don't know what happened. i came back from a boring writing camp thing and my dad made me do math homework, but i got distracted and started thinking about how horrible i am at everything. i tried talking to my dad, but he acts like he's too good to understand his kid's feelings. or any feelings, for that matter. i sometimes think he's a robot and not a real person. my mom's too busy, and my sister's probably going to torment me with the memory of today if i tell her that i feel like i'm pointless.
That's how most dads are. -____-
I'm pretty sure that the male brain just has tendencies to get like that, and my dad does that too.
I know how you feel, though... don't worry, it will get easier.
Be patient with yourself, take some time to relax, listen to your favourite music, whatever. But you're NOT pointless, no matter who you are.
I'm going through the same thing right now... actually, no, I'm not going through it, it's pretty much attached itself to my brain now... Just do your best to fight it, okay?
(*pats you on the back*)
<:^J
Old 07-17-2012, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily09 View Post
I am a ninja. See, I'm purple, yet still online.
(*falls to the ground and worships you*)
O_O

Old 07-17-2012, 09:19 PM

Location: In my own little world, but that's okay, they know me there

Quote:
But the depression of the teenage years originate from hormones.
You're starting to get irritating with this, MaryElizabeth. -_-

You claim only LST has real problems, then have the nerve to say everyone else has petty problems that seem magnified by hormones. You don't know what's going on in someone's life. You don't know whether or not they have a simple mood swing (let's be honest, we all go through those, getting emotional over the simplest of things), or if they have a real mental problem. Sometimes, people just need to rant or vent over stupid things to burn off steam.
And miles to go before I sleep.

~Robert Frost
"Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening"
Old 07-17-2012, 09:32 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruza View Post
You're starting to get irritating with this, MaryElizabeth. -_-

You claim only LST has real problems, then have the nerve to say everyone else has petty problems that seem magnified by hormones. You don't know what's going on in someone's life. You don't know whether or not they have a simple mood swing (let's be honest, we all go through those, getting emotional over the simplest of things), or if they have a real mental problem. Sometimes, people just need to rant or vent over stupid things to burn off steam.
Thank you so much, Ruza.
I think you just gave a well-composed and sensible voice to the tension that's been floating around this thread for a while now.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
All emotions originate from hormones regardless...
Are you implying that you have somehow evaded this?
If so... do share.
I'm sure that there is a mob of KPers who would dearly like to know your secret.
Do you have the delusion that I am self-righteous? I haven't dodged hormones in any way; in fact, I've been extremely hormonal before, I just didn't realize at the time. I sometimes snap back to the "OMIGAWD NO ONE LIKES ME I HATE MY PARENTS IM NOT PRETTY I WANNA DIE" mentality of most teenagers, but I've realized how fricking moronic I look when I do throw a tearful fit or throw a snide comment at my mom.
"Writing is a form of therapy; sometimes I wonder how all those who do not write, compose, or paint can manage to escape the madness, melancholia, the panic and fear which is inherent in a human situation."
Old 07-17-2012, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Do you have the delusion that I am self-righteous? I haven't dodged hormones in any way; in fact, I've been extremely hormonal before, I just didn't realize at the time. I sometimes snap back to the "OMIGAWD NO ONE LIKES ME I HATE MY PARENTS IM NOT PRETTY I WANNA DIE" mentality of most teenagers, but I've realized how fricking moronic I look when I do throw a tearful fit or throw a snide comment at my mom.
Most teenagers don't throw a fit and start whining or complaining out loud. Most of us hold it all in, or if we can't, we get upset in privacy. This thread is a place to let your emotions out, no matter how minor they may seem, and get reassurance from other KPers.

If you have a problem, feel free to express it on this thread. If not, offer support. What you're doing is neither.
When all that's dead and gone and past, tonight...
~Safe And Sound

Tags
♥lifepleaseguys:'), afraid to keep on living, bettertoburnoutthanfade, black n hopeless feeling, do what?, do you ever wonder?, face the north, i give up; okay?, i love u its gon b ok, i'm already dead inside, i'm so sorry, i'm there for you :), ignored as usual, ihopethebunnycheersuup:), just pray :), kayla was here, o_o this is insane, smexy elmo, someone's bitter, tags y u so weird?, takesometimetofeelbetter, theblackisclosingin, they're following me...:(, we got this!, you are not alone