Quantcast KidPub Complete Fight History - Page 241 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > KidPub Stuff > KidPub Yearbook: 2008
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2014, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebecca View Post
This thread should just be edited and published and laughed at.
YES. YES. Just, yes. (I'm on P200 now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arin View Post
Don't talk about that. Shut up. >.>
See? You did it again! xP
Old 01-21-2014, 09:00 AM

My goodness I've been gone from KidPub for a while to organize my life so to speak. When I decide to come back, briefly look over what's happening and catch up on how the KP community is doing, I find this. I really don't find this thread funny at all; it's really quite sad. You guys are being extremely blunt, and harsh and mean, and think it's your "duty" to "correct" others who don't live up to your standards. People come on KP to learn to get better at writing, and don't get me wrong, if you're going to give them CC that's fine. But would it kill you to not focus on all the bad? If someone's done a good job on one part of their entry and have mistakes throughout, make sure to tell them how to make it better but it would feel nice to get something out of it rather than harsh words. And if it really is truly terrible, they are here to learn and to help them to get better doesn't mean bashing all of the mistakes they've made such as clogging and stuff. Make them aware, but they might not know if they're new. It seems like you guys enjoy turning things into unnecessary arguments. And it irks me that you think you are superior to other Kpers because you use "big words" and have been on here longer than any of the new members. I was completely lost the first time I came on here, luckily I didn't get people bashing my stuff left and right. I got tips, praise when I deserved it and in return I made sure to help out others. When you guys first came here, I doubt you knew what you were doing either so just give them a break. Oh, and this thread in my opinion is not funny whatsoeveer if you want to joke around and have inside jokes about other KPers I can't really stop you but it would probably save you guys a lot of arguing if you just emailed eachother and did this in private. Unless you crave the attention? I don't know. There, that was a mouthful and I really needed to get that out. You guys won't phase me, so don't try sending me a lot of hate comments or whatever like you have in past times. I am stronger now, and i am not going to take that from you. Have a good day
When all that's dead and gone and past, tonight...
~Safe And Sound
Old 01-21-2014, 12:01 PM

Location: honestly I can't even think of a witty answer anymore this is tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber View Post
My goodness I've been gone from KidPub for a while to organize my life so to speak. When I decide to come back, briefly look over what's happening and catch up on how the KP community is doing, I find this. I really don't find this thread funny at all; it's really quite sad. You guys are being extremely blunt, and harsh and mean, and think it's your "duty" to "correct" others who don't live up to your standards. People come on KP to learn to get better at writing, and don't get me wrong, if you're going to give them CC that's fine. But would it kill you to not focus on all the bad? If someone's done a good job on one part of their entry and have mistakes throughout, make sure to tell them how to make it better but it would feel nice to get something out of it rather than harsh words. And if it really is truly terrible, they are here to learn and to help them to get better doesn't mean bashing all of the mistakes they've made such as clogging and stuff. Make them aware, but they might not know if they're new. It seems like you guys enjoy turning things into unnecessary arguments. And it irks me that you think you are superior to other Kpers because you use "big words" and have been on here longer than any of the new members. I was completely lost the first time I came on here, luckily I didn't get people bashing my stuff left and right. I got tips, praise when I deserved it and in return I made sure to help out others. When you guys first came here, I doubt you knew what you were doing either so just give them a break. Oh, and this thread in my opinion is not funny whatsoeveer if you want to joke around and have inside jokes about other KPers I can't really stop you but it would probably save you guys a lot of arguing if you just emailed eachother and did this in private. Unless you crave the attention? I don't know. There, that was a mouthful and I really needed to get that out. You guys won't phase me, so don't try sending me a lot of hate comments or whatever like you have in past times. I am stronger now, and i am not going to take that from you. Have a good day
This thread has been funny - honestly, it's all about perception. We do not see ourselves as doing anything particularly bad, other people see it as cruelty. It's just a difference inside. That's all. We never mean to be cruel, it is just perceived badly because we don't see the point in sugarcoating.

And you're right. I was a clueless newbie. I clogged. I was stupid. That's why, generally, I don't bothered with newbies, occasionally correcting their grammar. I ignore newbies when their grammar is bad, until they improve. Yes, I'm not the most welcoming, but it takes me a while to get used to new people. I do want them around, I welcome them by avoiding them because if I were around them I'd no doubt drive them away.

I don't think I'm better than everyone else, if anything I'm worse. I'm rude. I'm arrogant. Obnoxious, annoying, intelligent, yes, but socially incompetent, definitely. 'Big words'? I prefer the term 'sophisticated vocabulary' if you don't mind. And 'irony'.

I see it as my duty to correct errors, yes, you know, considering I have OCD I think that's a legitimate point. I also point out good things. If you've ever read my book reviews, there have only been two where I can see no good side. Two. The rest have some plus points. And I mention them.

The thing is, we like things to be quiet, so we can be trivial and nonsensical. When people start clogging, it annoys us. Fights annoy us. They can be funny afterwards, and I particularly enjoy reading my old responses as, on the whole, they tend to contain bizarre metaphors (i.e., the sword of sarcasm. I definitely did that one once. Actually I compared the entire thing toe the English civil war. 'Twas genius). The laughing happens afterwards. During, not quite as much.

We also don't give hate comments. That's not what it is at all. Hate comments are irrational, illogical creatures, mine are based entirely in the world of reason, with perhaps a little imagery thrown in for good measure (or bad measure depending on your perspective). We aren't bad people. Anyone who says things like this to us has my instant respect.

Provided, of course they paragraph. Okay, that's a little harsh. But it would really make your comment easier to read. And it would be, grammatically, a lot better. Please don't take this the wrong way. It's just a bit of friendly-ish advice.

Have a good day.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:07 PM

Finally, someone else that gets this! This was to timber by the way
Old 01-21-2014, 01:57 PM

Quote:
We don't prey on newbies, no, no we do not. That implies we consume them. What we do is much, much worse (joke).

This thread is just human nature. And it's where my friends are. I made my friendships here, when I was new, this was where I came.

I mean, my sister is coming here soon (possibly) and she will be a newbie. She will be welcomed. Everyone is, if they err on the side of caution, if they think, and if they do not overreact at trivialities.
Quote:
Oh, and as to the speed of my replies, I type quickly.

You're a nice person. That's why you dislike what we do. It's messy. People get upset. We don't know how to sugarcoat, and quite frankly, most of us won't. People get upset.

People like you feel bad.
Rebecca, you're pretty much the hidden god, regulator, enforcer, and behind-the-scenes master of KP.
I'm Silent. I don't believe we've met. (*extends hand*)
Old 01-21-2014, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticeli View Post
Rebecca, you're pretty much the hidden god, regulator, enforcer, and behind-the-scenes master of KP.
I'm Silent. I don't believe we've met. (*extends hand*)
*looks dubiously at extended hand*

Honestly, I'm not. I'm a sad likkle person tapping away at a laptop.

Yeah, I'm not convincing anyone, am I?
*shakes it, then disinfects it, just to be on the safe side*

Oh, and Fabia: You have indeed got a point. It's just that if there is a concern being overly nice would lead to unrealistic impressions. We need to find a balance. I'll have words with my compatriots on this idea.
Old 01-21-2014, 03:51 PM

Quote:
*looks dubiously at extended hand*

Honestly, I'm not. I'm a sad likkle person tapping away at a laptop.

Yeah, I'm not convincing anyone, am I?
*shakes it, then disinfects it, just to be on the safe side*
(*shrugs*) I think you are. Or, at least, you lead a quiet revolution against normality here, with your respected compatriots. (*shrugs again*) You and your friends are esteemed powers, I think.
Pssst...'twould be wiser to disinfect the hand before shaking. Just to be on the safe side.
Old 01-21-2014, 03:52 PM

Quote:
(*shrugs*) I think you are. Or, at least, you lead a quiet revolution against normality here, with your respected compatriots. (*shrugs again*) You and your friends are esteemed powers, I think.
Pssst...'twould be wiser to disinfect the hand before shaking. Just to be on the safe side.
No after. Did it not occur to you that the point was to cleanse myself of thy sullying presence?

Basically, I'm just a lot better at pretended to be clever than most. It's a skill of mine.
Old 01-21-2014, 03:59 PM

Quote:
No after. Did it not occur to you that the point was to cleanse myself of thy sullying presence?

Basically, I'm just a lot better at pretended to be clever than most. It's a skill of mine.
I appreciate this skill, then.
Am I a sullying presence? I apologise. :P
I was confused. I thought you were disinfecting my own hand before deigning to touch it -- that was my fault. Apologies.
Old 01-21-2014, 04:17 PM

Quote:
I appreciate this skill, then.
Am I a sullying presence? I apologise. :P
I was confused. I thought you were disinfecting my own hand before deigning to touch it -- that was my fault. Apologies.
No, I was ritually purifying myself. It's important I do not contaminate myself with mere mortals like yourself.

As for thy sullying presence, it can be put down to a) I despise other people and human contact, and b) I am legally obliged to insult people every few minutes. It's in my contract with the universe.

I am a very skilled person. I even responded to each point in this individually, albeit backwards. But it's a response, at least. How many other people respond by going through a comment systematically, not just saying 'lol i no right'.

Tags
*hugs the arsonist*, *sets tags on fire*, 2008, ali, be a gentleman, be a lady, cheese, chicken salad, cry me a river, epic tag, fight history, forgive and forget!!!!!!, hi          , i'llmissu rebecca, jamie. just jamie -_-, joshua!!!:d, kidpub, manners! from effie, spaz!, tag saver, ugh...somepeople, unicorns and rainbows, wholikescheese?, wow...................., youknowwhomakesmemad