Quantcast How do you tell if a guy likes you????????!!!!!!! - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Free advice
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2013, 12:11 AM

Location: Somewhere where sharks and gymnastics and filming combine into a good career and happy life...
Default How do you tell if a guy likes you????????!!!!!!!

Hey!!
So, I'm hanging out with a guy (calling him A) on Friday with my sister, my mom and his mom.
I have a HUGE crush on him.
How do I tell if he likes me back? I think there may be subtle flirting between the two of us, but I can't really tell!
Here is the problem:
Most everyone hates him. Like, not really, really hates him, but they find him annoying and impractical. Even my mom finds him... troubling. I love him >.<!

We've shared some awkward moments, as well. Like, once, his friend texted me (from A's number) saying 'I love you so much, I can't wait to see you again, I will kiss you next time I see you'. I could tell it was not A's writing style. Finally, I figured out it was his friend and A didn't know. He apologized the next day.

So how can I tell if he likes me?!
And, also (most importantly), how do I hint in subtle ways that I have a crush on him?!

THANKS!

~Moonbeam~
Old 01-03-2013, 11:03 AM

Really, I dunno. Sorry. This is one subject I don't ace in, although I'd like to...
WAIT! I have an idea! Okay, well, tests always work on boys, so...
Say something like, "My boyfriend...blah-blah-blah" and watch his reaction CAREFULLY. If he likes you, he'll try to hide it. I hope I helped!
Old 01-03-2013, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbeam View Post
Hey!!
So, I'm hanging out with a guy (calling him A) on Friday with my sister, my mom and his mom.
How do I tell if he likes me back? I think there may be subtle flirting between the two of us, but I can't really tell!
Here is the problem:
Most everyone hates him. Like, not really, really hates him, but they find him annoying and impractical. Even my mom finds him... troubling. I love him >.<!

We've shared some awkward moments, as well. Like, once, his friend texted me (from A's number) saying 'I love you so much, I can't wait to see you again, I will kiss you next time I see you'. I could tell it was not A's writing style. Finally, I figured out it was his friend and A didn't know. He apologized the next day.

And, also (most importantly), how do I hint in subtle ways that I have a crush on him?!

THANKS!

~Moonbeam~

Honestly, I don't know. The person I like most likely thinks I'm a creeper (after accidentally reading my math scrap papers, containing my Letters To Nobody), so I can't relate.

You could ask him how he's going with his "other girlfriend"?

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 01-03-2013, 01:08 PM

It actually depends on the person. So you're possibly screwed.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Hey!!
Here is the problem:

THANKS!

~Moonbeam~
If he subconsciously copies you, then thats a sign he likes you or at the very least you make him feel uneasy. (I.E. You scratch your ear, he does the same...) He may not notice, but copying him (Don't make it look on purpose...) may drop a hint.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:18 PM

Location: Somewhere where sharks and gymnastics and filming combine into a good career and happy life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nngo View Post
It actually depends on the person. So you're possibly screwed.
;D THANKS. man, you're cool. That made me laugh out loud. Literally. No sarcasm intended!
Old 01-03-2013, 06:19 PM

Quote:
;D THANKS. man, you're cool. That made me laugh out loud. Literally. No sarcasm intended!
Because of the last sentence I suspect sarcasm. XD
Old 01-03-2013, 08:13 PM

OH MY GOD I HAVE THE PERFECT THING FOR YOU!!
Over the summer, my friend had me write down "Guys 101". Just let me find it here...
AH! YES! *ahem* PREPARE YOURSELF FOR THE IMMENSE WISDOM OF MY FRIEND HAYDEN.

1. If a guy has his hand on the couch between you, palm up, he wants to hold hands. The more his wrist is turned, the more blatant he is being.
2. If a guy is trying to impress you (mentally or physically), he likes you.
3. If a guy puts his elbow up, he wants to put his arm around you.
4. If a guy keeps looking around or gets jumpy, he probably wants to kiss you. Looking at lips is another way to tell. Eyes go to what they want. Don't ask if he's okay.
5. If a guy puts his arm over you, LEAN IN (if you like him) (this was more of a personal qualm with his ex-girlfriend, who would never lean into him and it made him uncomfortable)
6. If a guy starts nuzzling your foot, he likes ou.
7. Holidng hands under blanket/hat/jacket/towel/pillow is a good way to impromptu keep it a secret.
8. If a guy keeps trying to make/making physical contact, he likes you.
9. Guys won't make fun of other people around girls they like.
10. If he wants to spend time with you (especially more than anyone else), he likes you.
11. Long texts are good signs. If a guy pauses a video game for you, marry him. If he doesn't think you like him, he won't be giving as much attention, feeling as though it's a waste of time.
12. Hey, why don't you ask HIM out? He might be too nervous.
13. If your hands always "bump", he wants to hold hands.
14. If he makes a lot of jokes around you (especially around you), he likes you.

Okay, so maybe it's not EXACTLY what you're looking for, but I hope it helped.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:22 PM

Location: In my own little world, but that's okay, they know me there

Kiss him and then run away giggling.
And miles to go before I sleep.

~Robert Frost
"Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening"
Old 01-03-2013, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruza View Post
Kiss him and then run away giggling.
Poor guy will be scarred.

Tags