Quantcast New Shapeshifter NES, anyone? - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Never Ending Stories
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2013, 07:44 PM

Post New Shapeshifter NES, anyone?

Almost 11 months ago, I began an NES called the Shapeshifter NES. It went on for a few months, but eventually died out. Lately, I have been considering making a new one, as it has been on my mind a lot as of late. And I have finally decided to do so.

Summary: Once, in the world of Canavar, humans and shapeshifters lived in peace, separate but respecting each others differences. That is, until the day a human killed a shapeshifter for losing control, shifting, and trying to attack him.
The rules were that when that sort of thing occurred, humans were to maim to drive the shifter back, not kill. Never kill. But the human did it anyway.
In retaliation, the shapeshifters attacked the humans, and the humans fought back. War was declared and both sides fought fiercely for several years, but such was the bloodshed that both sides retreated.
This did not mean the war was over, however. It meant only that both sides toned it down a little, and there weren't sieges starting every day. Battles raged on, frequent, but no longer daily occurrences.
Five years later, the war still rages. But (cue the KidPubbers' characters) several humans and shifters notice a greater threat, and must face it while at the same time trying to end the war. Will they succeed? It is up to you whether they do or not.

There are shifter and human towns all around the world, though shifter towns tend to be more western, and human towns more eastern. Shifters tend to live more in nature.

The "greater threat" is the Possessed and their Masters, which can be humans or shifters (if you wish, you can have a Possessed character or a Master character).

The Masters are the ones who want revenge. They don't really have any special powers or anything, nothing more than a non-master would have. But they ARE more accommodated with the shadows than non-masters. In their eyes, they were wronged somehow by humans or shifters, or they just think the war is foolish and needs to end, or something like that. You make up the reason why they did this. These people met and discussed what to do, thus the Possessed were born (see below), and they became the Masters.

The possessed don't have to be evil. Most of them aren't. They just had the misfortune to come across a Master somewhere, and the Master Possesses them. They don't know it, they're normal some of the time, but whenever their master want them to, they must do their Master's bidding. They're in a trance, and they'll stop at nothing to do the bidding. While in the trance, they have no need to eat or sleep, and won't pay any attention to pain at all. Oftentimes, they awaken in a location they know not, with no memories of the time they were in a trance. Some, though they don't exactly know why they have the trances, try to fight them.

You can have as many characters as you can keep up with.

Form:

Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Human or Shifter:
(If Shifter) Animal Form:
Possessed? Master? Neither?:
Family/Background:
Any other details?:

I shall create characters later.

Please join!
they'd lead me to y o u
Old 07-29-2013, 08:07 PM

Name: Lora
Appearance: Long, wavy brown hair. About 5 feet 6. Green eyes, is tall and slender.
Personality: She is quick to the catch. She has a sharp eye. Nothing gets passed her. She keeps cool under pressure. She can come across as hostile, but in truth, she feels lonely, but covers up with her attitude. She can be kind to her sister and people she knows well.
Human or Shifter: Shifter
(If Shifter) Animal Form: Wolf
Possessed? Master? Neither?: Neither
Family/Background: Her father is still alive. Her mother was killed in the war. She has one sister, Molly. Her father was a leader in the war. he trained his two daughters from the time they could walk. They've lived in the west there whole lives.
Any other details?: Nope.

Name: Molly
Appearance: Short, curly red hair. Brown eyes. About 5 feet 4. Also skinny.
Personality: Molly is not as cunning as her sister. She isn't very observant and caves under pressure. She is easily persuaded and a bit naive.
(If Shifter) Animal Form: Hawk
Possessed? Master? Neither?: Possessed
Family/Background: *Same as Lora* Got possessed one day after being kidnapped by a master. Hasn't been seen since.
Any other details?: Nope.

Cool idea c:
Old 07-29-2013, 08:17 PM

I REMEMBER THIS NES!!!

Can I just use my old characters?
Old 07-29-2013, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzieS View Post
I REMEMBER THIS NES!!!

Can I just use my old characters?
Sure, that's fine. I shall be making new ones though. And I have an idea for a Master. >8D
they'd lead me to y o u
Old 07-29-2013, 10:06 PM

Would you mind reposting their forms, though?

Also, any other takers?
they'd lead me to y o u
Old 07-30-2013, 12:22 AM

Name: Eilífo "Eil" (pronounced ael) Nótt
Appearance: spiky, messy, pitch black hair; navy blue eyes; fair skin, tall for his age with a lean build
Personality: Reclusive, though this is mostly due to his condition. He doesn't know what he'll do to people if he gets taken over around them, so he avoids them so no one has to get hurt. He could care less about the human-shifter war, really, because he has his own problems. He wants to defeat whatever force is controlling him. He thinks something is wrong with him because of his being Possessed, because remember, no one really knows what the Possessed are. He can be a loyal friend, but is afraid of what he-- or rather, his Master-- could do to them. He always tries to fight his Possession. He has good intentions, but it's hard for him to be a good person when some creep behind the scenes could take him over anytime and make him go slaughter people or something. It's hard for him to look on the bright side, but he still wishes to free himself from the grip of his Master.
(If Shifter) Animal Form: Jaguarundi
Possessed? Master? Neither?: Possessed
Family/Background: He once had a family, but then he became Possessed, and his Master caused much chaos through him. He then awoke a few days later, with no memory of the pain and destruction he'd caused. He could not remember becoming Possessed. He could remember nothing but his name. He was twelve when he became Possessed, and in the past three years, he's suffered greatly. Some days he'll wake in a new place with a blank spot in his limited memory. He will learn of what he's done. Some days, people apprehend him for deeds he cannot remember doing. He wonders what it is, and how he can stop it.
Any other details?: None I can think of.
they'd lead me to y o u

Last edited by SilverMoon; 08-02-2013 at 03:14 PM.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:30 PM

I'll be making more characters soon.

Who else wants to join?
they'd lead me to y o u
Old 07-31-2013, 01:38 PM

Name: Aceiro
Appearance: choppy brown hair that reaches her chin, eyes with the color and likeness of steel, freckled but also a bit tan, slim build, a bit shorter than average.
Personality: She is generally nice, somewhat friendly, and polite enough to get along with. However, she is rather serious, and her drive is vengeance (see background), though she doesn't let this vengeance take her over.
Human or Shifter: Human
(If Shifter) Animal Form: N/A
Possessed? Master? Neither?: Neither
Family/Background: A shifter boy (happening to be Eil), killed her family and tried to kill her about a year ago. Therefore, she hates all shifters, but this one especially. So she searches for him, planning to end him once she finds him. She hears rumors of him and follows their trail, expecting to find some messed-up killer at the end of it.
Any other details?: Meh, a bit overused, but who the heck cares? It's an NES!
they'd lead me to y o u

Last edited by SilverMoon; 08-02-2013 at 03:14 PM.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:04 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to saphiremoon

Yayy, a new Shapeshifter NES I'll make my characters in a second– they'll be the same as last time's ones.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphiremoon View Post
Yayy, a new Shapeshifter NES I'll make my characters in a second– they'll be the same as last time's ones.
Sounds good.
they'd lead me to y o u

Tags
eternity night, lyall_areyel_was_here, possession, revenge, shapeshifters