Originally Posted by TheMoonWakedWolf View Post
*Okay, so, are we just standing outside, waiting for the gates to open?*
Yeah, we are XD

I am one with the wind and sky
Old 07-20-2013, 01:10 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to TheMoonWakedWolf

*well okay*

"Here we are, kiddo."

Weston grunted from the seat opposite is uncle and blinked his eyes open, his hands falling from behind his head to down in his lap. He leaned forward and yanked the headphones from his ears, turning to glance out the driver's side window. A baby blue picket fence snaked up the crest of the hill, the gate door perching modestly from the top between two defined pickets. He squinted a bit and pushed his glasses up his nose, making out the black script upon the sign: Dramatics in Musical Theatrics. Yep, this was the place.

"Now, be careful here," his uncle advised, catching West's attention with the wave of his hand. "No smoking. There are some really young kids here. Don't wanna set a bad example."

West's lips twitched bitterly. He knew his uncle hated the addiction, but it wasn't just a bad habit he could kick. The man had already searched him up and down twice, making sure he had no packs. (He hadn't, however, checked his pant cuffs, which West had already lined with individual cigarettes.)

"Do not boast about your tattoos," his uncle continued. "Do not try to give any tattoos. If someone insults you, hesitate to sock 'em in the jaw. Notice I said hesitate, not don't."

West grinned down at his shoes.

"Just think about what you do or say before you do or say it." The man put a hand on his nephew's shoulder, and West looked him in the eye again, focusing all attention on his uncle's face. "I don't want you to end up in the same situation as your brother. I know you're much better, but you can't be too careful, can you?"

West smirked. "No, sir."

"Thataboy," Uncle Sherman said proudly, clapping West on the back. "Now get your stuff from the back and get up there. After weeks of you moaning about how you can never get away from us and meet up with your friends, I can't even get rid of you!"

Weston grinned as he stuffed his headphones in his pocket and stepped out of the car, moving to the backseats to remove his luggage. Once he mentally double checked all that he had brought, waved goodbye to his uncle and grabbed the handle of his suitcase, he trudged across the street an on up the hill to meet the other teens lingering at the gates of his theatre camp.

*lol that was lame*
Old 07-20-2013, 01:24 PM

*You guys are fab. ^-^ Let's wait for two or three more people, but if they don't show up within the next three or four hours, I'll post. I know that seems kinda long, but it'll pass.*
greatly exaggerated.
-- Mark Twain
Old 07-20-2013, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soph-soph27 View Post
Of course! We're delighted to have you.

Tori, in the next two or three hours I'm starting the NES.

What Lizzie said, if you didn't have time enter before we started, we can take one of the background characters off the list in favor of your new character.

I think that's what you meant?
Quote:
I think it was that the cast list would be changed so that one of the background characters would be booted so that the new main character could be put on there.
*We could have them do either.

And before we go any further, we should pick what musical we're doing. Here are a few options I think we should consider:

Into the Woods - A Sondheim musical centered around a baker and his wife who need to stop a witch's curse so they can have a child, with lots of fairytale character's subplots. Lots of leads, both guy and girl parts. There's no company, but we can definitely add one in (we did Into the Woods Jr. at my school and we added in a company). There is also a recorded version of this (on YouTube probably, and on Netflix) so you can see the lines and stuff.

Wicked - The backstory of the witches of Oz. I've never seen a high school/little theatre group do it, but this is fiction, SO WE CAN DO WHAT WE WANT. ;D This has a great company, and a good number of leads. And most people know the songs from this.

Guys and Dolls - A gambler needs money so he can hold his crap game, so he makes a bet with another gambler that he can't take a missionary to Havana with him. Great musical, if you haven't seen it you will love it. Big guy company (gamblers) and there's also a girl company (Adelaide's little dance group) but you can add more girls in. Only 2 girl leads in this, though.

Grease - Everyone knows this one. This is an easy one, and though I would prefer not to do this, we could.

Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat - The story of Joseph and all that fun stuff. It's sung-through, so we could learn the words easily.

Emma? Sophie? Any other ideas? I personally want to do ITW.*
Old 07-20-2013, 04:08 PM

"We're gonna be late....we're gonna be late...." Timmy kept mumbling in the front seat. "Mom, can you speed up a little?" He nagged. Timothy had always been the kind of guy that believed in the phrase 'If you're not five minutes early, you're late.'
"Calm down Timmy!" Catalina called from the back seat. "Turn the music up, this is my song." It seemed only music could calm down Cat's nerves right now. Timmy had talked non-stop about the theatre camp for two weeks straight, about how 'Great of an opportunity it's gonna be to be behind scenes,' and, 'How fun it's going to be to meet new people.'
Cat, on the other hand, wasn't overly excited about going to this theatre camp. Considering she had grown up watching musicals and loved to sing, she should have been ecstatic to go. But if there was one thing Catalina Williams hated most, it was singing infront of anyone besides Timmy. Second worse thing on her list was meeting new people and third was being away from home for more than a week. Plus, her mother had just told her she was coming to camp a week before, and had signed her up without her permission.
The car skidded to a stop infront of a light, baby-blue gate. "This is it." Tim grinned, hopping out of the car.
A pit dropped in Cat's stomach when she saw how many people were standing at the gate. The last thing she wanted to do at that moment was get out of the car and walk up to the gate. She took baby-steps getting out of the car, and grabbed her suitcase from the trunk.
"Have fun!" Tim's mom called from the car. Timmy closed the trunk and the car was off, leaving Timmy and Cat behind. Tim grabbed Cat's hand and, with a smile on his face, pulled her to the crowd of teens standing outside the gates.
*gotta go!*
Old 07-20-2013, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzieS View Post

And before we go any further, we should pick what musical we're doing. Here are a few options I think we should consider:

Into the Woods - A Sondheim musical centered around a baker and his wife who need to stop a witch's curse so they can have a child, with lots of fairytale character's subplots. Lots of leads, both guy and girl parts. There's no company, but we can definitely add one in (we did Into the Woods Jr. at my school and we added in a company). There is also a recorded version of this (on YouTube probably, and on Netflix) so you can see the lines and stuff.

Wicked - The backstory of the witches of Oz. I've never seen a high school/little theatre group do it, but this is fiction, SO WE CAN DO WHAT WE WANT. ;D This has a great company, and a good number of leads. And most people know the songs from this.

Guys and Dolls - A gambler needs money so he can hold his crap game, so he makes a bet with another gambler that he can't take a missionary to Havana with him. Great musical, if you haven't seen it you will love it. Big guy company (gamblers) and there's also a girl company (Adelaide's little dance group) but you can add more girls in. Only 2 girl leads in this, though.

Grease - Everyone knows this one. This is an easy one, and though I would prefer not to do this, we could.

Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat - The story of Joseph and all that fun stuff. It's sung-through, so we could learn the words easily.

PHANTOM OF THE OPERA
(That's a must, on my list.)

The Lion King could be fun...

Les Mis

Beauty and the Beast.....

(Just a few ideas )
Old 07-20-2013, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzieS View Post

*I really wanna do Wicked. That's like the best ever. ;A; Or JatATD. I did that in, like, fifth grade.

Some other options are Les Miserables (although that might be difficult), Annie, Suessical, Fiddler on the Roof, Alice in Wonderland (yeah, it was converted into a musical. I was a part of the kid version a while back), The Wizard of Oz, Mary Poppins, West Side Story, The Pirates of Penzance, etc.
Old 07-20-2013, 04:54 PM

Quote:
*I really wanna do Wicked. That's like the best ever. ;A; Or JatATD. I did that in, like, fifth grade.

Some other options are Les Miserables (although that might be difficult), Annie, Suessical, Fiddler on the Roof, Alice in Wonderland (yeah, it was converted into a musical. I was a part of the kid version a while back), The Wizard of Oz, Mary Poppins, West Side Story, The Pirates of Penzance, etc.
*Did you guys notice I didn't put Les Miz on this list
Did you
Because we already did that in our other failed Broadway NES
So I say Les Miz is out (I'M SO SORRY LES MIZ YOU KNOW I LOVE YOU).

OMPJ
DID YOU JUST MENTION ALICE IN WONDERLAND
OMPJJJJ
WE DID THAT IN 6TH GRADE
IT WAS SO MUCH FUN
I WAS A ROYAL CARDSMAN
I ALMOST GOT MY HEAD CHOPPED OFF
IT WAS THE BEST.*
Old 07-20-2013, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzies View Post
*did You Guys Notice I Didn't Put Les Miz On This List
Did You
Because We Already Did That In Our Other Failed Broadway Nes
So I Say Les Miz Is Out (i'm So Sorry Les Miz You Know I Love You).

Ompj
Did You Just Mention Alice In Wonderland
Ompjjjj
We Did That In 6th Grade
It Was So Much Fun
I Was A Royal Cardsman
I Almost Got My Head Chopped Off
It Was The Best.*
*dude I Was A Cardsman Too
I Had Like A Five Word Solo
"we're Painting The Roses Red"
That Was My Solo
My Singing Solo
Omg*

Tags
annie, into the woods, lyall_areyel_was_here, musical theatre, newsies, poto, sondheim, wicked