Quantcast Doctor Who! 8D - Page 171 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home
  #1701  
Old 11-25-2013, 02:53 AM
TheAshWolf TheAshWolf is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: In the TARDIS, obviously. ^_^
Posts: 8,662
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxi View Post
SAW IT IN 3D
IT WAS AMAZING
BILLIE PIPER WAS THERE
NOT ROSE NOT ROSE
AAAAAGGHHHHHH
AND
OMG
"You've redesigned. I don't like it."
AND THE DOCTORS WERE LIKE DOING THE SAME THINGS AT THE SAME TIME
AND
PETER CAPALDI
AND
ZYGONS
AND
OMG
OMG
DALEKS
EVERYTHING
GALLIFREY FALLS NO MORE
He got married to Queen Elizabeth 1.
But
no
Rose.
GOPTRKG90FDPOJFLDK'GRFDKSF;L;VGLFD;G'LUYK;'L;GFLH' ;LF';DHLF';D
I HAVE TO WAIT TIL CHRISTMAS
HG7FUDJGHDSKAGDGGAHJGHSAHGGSHAHSGAHGSHAGSHAGDHFGDG AGJDGHDGAJSGDHJASGDJAS
no.
AND THEN AUGUST 2014
FOR SERIES 8?
AHAHAH NO.
DON'T FORGET THE FEZ. XD Moffat sure knows how to make the Whovians laugh.
Reply With Quote
  #1702  
Old 11-25-2013, 04:20 PM
LizzieS LizzieS is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Neverland
Posts: 5,648
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonRider View Post
**SPOILERS**
Rose was never there. The Moment was such a powerful weapon that it developed a consciousness, which is why the Time Lords hid it. But it also had a conscience, and knew it could never be used. So, to prevent the War Doctor from using it, it read the War Doctor's mind/life to find a form he was most likely to listen to. Unfortunately, the Moment is like the TARDIS in the sense that it sees all time mixed up ('...From your past. Or your future. I always get those two mixed up.') so accidently chose a form (Rose) that it knew the Doctor would listen to - but Interface!Rose didn't realise that the Doctor only met Rose in his next inarnation. So Rose's form was in the movie... But not Rose.
Noooo (well, at least to the bolded part - I agree with everything else you said).
I don't think it "accidentally chose" to take the form of Rose/Bad Wolf. I think the Moment kinda scanned the Doctor and chose the image that would evoke the biggest reaction from him. The face that he would listen to, the face that would convince him not to use this horrible weapon.
And the face it chose was Rose.
Also, the Moment didn't know what time the Doctor met Rose. The Moment chose a face from the War Doctor's future without knowing that he hadn't yet met Rose.
DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS?
It means that Rose is the most important person to step into the Doctor's life. It means that Rose affected the Doctor so deeply and created such a change in him and it outshines anyone in his past, and outshines anyone he will ever meet.
THIS IS WHY I SHIP THESE TWO.
Reply With Quote
  #1703  
Old 11-25-2013, 10:52 PM
CosmoCat CosmoCat is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: EVERYWHERE IN AMERICA! 8D actually just North
Posts: 1,956
Default

Yup, just saw the 50th special in 3D at the movie theater. "8I Lol...Oh...oh, I officially love this way too much...wait...that's okay, I didn't need my heart...XD I got that reference! Haha...ha... ;_; I got that reference... X3 Gah, so much love!" was basically me the entire time. XD Everyone clapped at the end, went "oooh" at the references, and I even heard some sniffles. Now I just wanna see it again! >3<
__________________
"Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me..."
Reply With Quote
  #1704  
Old 11-25-2013, 10:57 PM
LizzieS LizzieS is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Neverland
Posts: 5,648
Default

I JUST DIED
I SAW IT IN 3D
MY HEART
AHHHHH
IT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL
This is how I spent my 15th birthday... and I know how I'll be spending my 65th birthday for the 100th Anniversary!!!
Reply With Quote
  #1705  
Old 11-26-2013, 06:34 PM
GabiDi GabiDi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: i
Posts: 21,887
Default

I saw it in 3D yesterday with my brother, and since we live in a small town we didn't expect that anybody would be there but the /entire/ theatre was packed with Whovians and cosplayers and it was so wonderful and we were all clapping and laughing and screaming when David Tennant was on and it was //amazing//.
__________________
"In the beginning, the universe was created.
This made a lot of people upset and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

-Douglas Adams
Reply With Quote
  #1706  
Old 11-26-2013, 08:51 PM
LizzieS LizzieS is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Neverland
Posts: 5,648
Default

But the question that's been bugging me is...

When Clara goes into the Black Archives with Kate('s Zygon), Clara says something like, "Well, why am I allowed in?" and Kate('s Zygon) says something about how Clara recieved maximum exclusiveness from her last visit, and there's a picture of Clara and Kate on the whiteboard that Clara obviously doesn'y remember. So was this:

a) one of Clara's mini-lives from when she was in the Doctor's time stream?
b) modern Clara, but she had her memory wiped on the way out so she doesn't remember?
c) or modern Clara, but this hasn't yet happened for her because she's a time traveler?
Reply With Quote
  #1707  
Old 11-26-2013, 08:53 PM
lvhamsters lvhamsters is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: In your brain O_O
Posts: 14,813
Send a message via Skype™ to lvhamsters
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzieS View Post
But the question that's been bugging me is...

When Clara goes into the Black Archives with Kate('s Zygon), Clara says something like, "Well, why am I allowed in?" and Kate('s Zygon) says something about how Clara recieved maximum exclusiveness from her last visit, and there's a picture of Clara and Kate on the whiteboard that Clara obviously doesn'y remember. So was this:

a) one of Clara's mini-lives from when she was in the Doctor's time stream?
b) modern Clara, but she had her memory wiped on the way out so she doesn't remember?
c) or modern Clara, but this hasn't yet happened for her because she's a time traveler?
Ugh that's been bugging me too ;~; When I first saw it I thought it was one of the shape-shifters going as Clara. But. That doesn't make much sense XD
__________________
You only live forever in the lights you make

When we were young we used to say

That you only hear the music when your hearts begin to break




Now we are the kids from yesterday
Reply With Quote
  #1708  
Old 11-30-2013, 07:14 PM
DragonRider DragonRider is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Do not question my omnipresence.
Posts: 7,985
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzieS View Post
Noooo (well, at least to the bolded part - I agree with everything else you said).
I don't think it "accidentally chose" to take the form of Rose/Bad Wolf. I think the Moment kinda scanned the Doctor and chose the image that would evoke the biggest reaction from him. The face that he would listen to, the face that would convince him not to use this horrible weapon.
And the face it chose was Rose.
Also, the Moment didn't know what time the Doctor met Rose. The Moment chose a face from the War Doctor's future without knowing that he hadn't yet met Rose.
DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS?
It means that Rose is the most important person to step into the Doctor's life. It means that Rose affected the Doctor so deeply and created such a change in him and it outshines anyone in his past, and outshines anyone he will ever meet.
THIS IS WHY I SHIP THESE TWO.
Woops I meant accidently chose a person from his future.
IT PISSES ME OFF THOUGH BECAUSE TO ME, EIGHT IS THE ROMANTIC DOCTOR, NOT TEN. And although they are cute together, I don't ship it because it's not the right Doctor for me.
__________________
Being a geek is all about being honest about what you enjoy and not being afraid to demonstrate that affection. It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. Being a geek is extremely liberating.
~ Simon Pegg

┓┏ 凵 =╱⊿┌┬┐

TWO HEARTS AND TWENTY-SEVEN BRAINS.
Reply With Quote
  #1709  
Old 12-01-2013, 08:21 PM
blossom blossom is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: milky way galaxy
Posts: 390
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonRider View Post
Woops I meant accidently chose a person from his future.
IT PISSES ME OFF THOUGH BECAUSE TO ME, EIGHT IS THE ROMANTIC DOCTOR, NOT TEN. And although they are cute together, I don't ship it because it's not the right Doctor for me.
Any romantic Doctor is good enough for me xD
__________________
follow me on tumblr ic-694
Reply With Quote
  #1710  
Old 12-01-2013, 08:35 PM
LizzieS LizzieS is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Neverland
Posts: 5,648
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonRider View Post
Woops I meant accidently chose a person from his future.
IT PISSES ME OFF THOUGH BECAUSE TO ME, EIGHT IS THE ROMANTIC DOCTOR, NOT TEN. And although they are cute together, I don't ship it because it's not the right Doctor for me.
I feel like Eight would be the romantic Doctor in the way that you think things like Phantom of the Opera and Les Miz are romantic. Like, old-fashioned romantic. I don't think 10 or 11 would be classified as "romantic" -- but 10, no doubt about it, is Rose's Doctor. 9 regenerated because he was in love with Rose. He regenerated into a younger, more dashing man who Rose could appreciate. 9 made 10 for Rose.

So yes, all the modern Doctors have all this lovey stuff going on, but that's because in the modern world half of the people are only watching because they want to see people make out.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
28.6.42.12, allons-y!, bbc, bow ties are cool :d, bowtiesssss :3, chameleon circuit, dalek, doctor who, fantastic!, fezes are cool!, fezzes :d, fishcustard, geronimo!, istoleatimelordandranaway, jellybaby?, madman.with.a.box, power-of-squee, tardis, the doctor, the raggedy man, theonlyonemadenough, time travel, tv shows, who da man?, wibblywobblytimeywimey

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.