Quantcast GSRM Community - Page 143 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home
Old 09-20-2014, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebecca View Post
There are a few people in this world who are making me question my asexuality.

I have literally identified as ace for so long, it feels really weird. I don't know what's going on. Maybe I was never actually ace and just misinterpreted everything.

Worst part is, my parents and grandparents pretty much thought it was a phase. I can't tell them I've changed, because they'll think I've 'grown out of it' and thus think asexuality is invalid as an orientation. I need to work some stuff out...

So I definitely find some dudes attractive (Sam Heughan, Tom Riley, Greg Chillin, Orlando Bloom as Will Turner...) but I don't know about girls (i.e., Orlando Bloom as Legolas). I guess I'm still not sure what attraction feels like. Possibly both, but leaning more towards guys as they have beards and stuff...with the obvious exception of Conchita Wurst who I think we can all agree is pretty damn attractive...

I don't know. Maybe I was just sex-repulsed and pretended these things weren't going on. And, honestly, I don't really care. It's not my biggest priority. So some people look better than others? And? I can appreciate that without slapping a label on myself right now. I don't care about any kind of attraction. I have better things to worry about. If I'm straight, I'm straight, and I don't really give a damn. If I'm bi, the same goes. I think it's obvious I'm not gay, but again, it wouldn't phase me. I really don't care what I end up being. So long as I am content with who I am. And, as we all know, I'm generally very happy about myself, so much so people like to call me 'arrogant', 'self-obsessed' and 'an egomaniac', whatever those big words mean.

It doesn't matter that I'm not ace anymore, or if I never was. But it also doesn't matter what I am now. I couldn't care less.
Thing is, there isn't just sexual and romantic attraction. There's aesthetic attraction, platonic attraction, sensual attraction, and probably a million others. I saw a cartoon about it a while back, I'll post it if I find it...
Being a geek is all about being honest about what you enjoy and not being afraid to demonstrate that affection. It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. Being a geek is extremely liberating.
~ Simon Pegg

┓┏ 凵 =╱⊿┌┬┐

TWO HEARTS AND TWENTY-SEVEN BRAINS.
Old 09-20-2014, 12:46 PM

Here we are!
(the aesthetic attraction cartoon is me 99% of the time tbh)
Being a geek is all about being honest about what you enjoy and not being afraid to demonstrate that affection. It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. Being a geek is extremely liberating.
~ Simon Pegg

┓┏ 凵 =╱⊿┌┬┐

Old 09-21-2014, 04:59 AM

Location: honestly I can't even think of a witty answer anymore this is tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonRider View Post
Thing is, there isn't just sexual and romantic attraction. There's aesthetic attraction, platonic attraction, sensual attraction, and probably a million others. I saw a cartoon about it a while back, I'll post it if I find it...
Yes, I know this.
I do.
And I've figured out it isn't a case of aesthetic attraction.
Look, what I'm saying, is things have suddenly changed and I'm confused as to how. My mum said a similar thing happened to her at exactly the same age. She was completely asexual until she turned sixteen, and even then it was only a small part of her.

I can't imagine being ace anymore, which is a key sign something has shifted. I enjoyed it and all, but apparently I'm not, which is a bit annoying. I mean, it makes asexuality look like something you grow out of, which it isn't.

All I'm saying, is I know something is different know, but I don't care what. I just can't call myself asexual anymore.
Old 09-21-2014, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Yes, I know this.
I do.
And I've figured out it isn't a case of aesthetic attraction.
Look, what I'm saying, is things have suddenly changed and I'm confused as to how. My mum said a similar thing happened to her at exactly the same age. She was completely asexual until she turned sixteen, and even then it was only a small part of her.

I can't imagine being ace anymore, which is a key sign something has shifted. I enjoyed it and all, but apparently I'm not, which is a bit annoying. I mean, it makes asexuality look like something you grow out of, which it isn't.

All I'm saying, is I know something is different know, but I don't care what. I just can't call myself asexual anymore.
Oh, okay, I get it now!
~ Simon Pegg

┓┏ 凵 =╱⊿┌┬┐

Old 09-21-2014, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Oh, okay, I get it now!
Yeah, even if I don't .
Completely confused and quite proud.
Think I'm probably bi, with a preference for guys, but hey, why does it matter? I'm freaking awesome whatever I turn out to be. Got to have self-confidence, right?
Old 09-21-2014, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Yeah, even if I don't .
Completely confused and quite proud.
Think I'm probably bi, with a preference for guys, but hey, why does it matter? I'm freaking awesome whatever I turn out to be. Got to have self-confidence, right?
\o/ You go! And if you ever need to talk or need help figuring stuff out or whatever, you have my facebook and skype, okay? ^-^
~ Simon Pegg

┓┏ 凵 =╱⊿┌┬┐

Old 09-21-2014, 09:35 AM

Quote:
\o/ You go! And if you ever need to talk or need help figuring stuff out or whatever, you have my facebook and skype, okay? ^-^
Yeah, and even if I don't, it's kind of nice to chat every once in a while.
Old 09-21-2014, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Yeah, and even if I don't, it's kind of nice to chat every once in a while.
*whispers* I swear to god if you get me started on that sock game again I will kill a man
~ Simon Pegg

┓┏ 凵 =╱⊿┌┬┐

Old 09-21-2014, 12:06 PM

Quote:
*whispers* I swear to god if you get me started on that sock game again I will kill a man
Only if you don't drag me back into the fiery pit of sock pairing again.
Do we have a deal?
Old 09-21-2014, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Only if you don't drag me back into the fiery pit of sock pairing again.
Do we have a deal?
Deal .
~ Simon Pegg

┓┏ 凵 =╱⊿┌┬┐

Tags
♤of♡s, alaska is a mermaid, am confuse but yolo, asher was here, cutie jasper <3, down with het, elliot is the best ever, elliot will u marry me, fuck trump, genderqueer, girls are yes, gsrm, homo-freaking-flexible, i <3 girls, i am ellio, i have a crush on u, i love elliot more stfu, once in slept w/ santa d:, shit am i gay, shut the fuck up, thanks 4 helping me out, trans & pan pride, u are not ellio im ellio, u go, yo i love everyone