Quantcast The KP Games Spin-Off - Page 5 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Never Ending Stories
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2016, 09:44 PM

Sam found the perfect opportunity to use his powers granted to him in the KidPub Games: the power of confusion. When the man walked back into the room to taunt Sam, Sam pretended to listen while trying to rework an out of shape muscle. Finally he seemed to get it.
I should let the victor go. Sam sent the brainwaves to the man who immediately freed him. Sam then dropped his fists down on the man's bald head and disarmed him, gaining a knife. Sam ran out of the dark room and kicked the door down. He ran out into the streets and almost bumped into a girl in a hood carrying flour out of her house. The girl's eyes lit up in fear when she saw the knife, so she dropped her hood and aimed a bow and arrow at Sam, her face dropped in shock when she realized who it was. His plan was doomed.

(psst girl holding flour (luna))
Old 03-07-2016, 10:29 PM

(psst I am not the girl holding flour (yo luna!))

It was only later that day that Stel heard the whole story from a boy who slept near her on the floor: Sam Winslow, a victor from a few years ago, had been kidnapped while he was off in the capital. Stel admitted it was interesting, but it was more than just the story that interested her. Someone had managed to kidnap a victor. And as far as she could guess, that someone had to be a rebel.

No one else would dare oppose the king. Surely there had been a rebel movement underground for years, and by now they must have the resources to capture a victor. They must have a secret weapon, a specially trained assassin, perhaps. Either way, there had to be a rebel movement, a rebel movement that would come free them. Free everyone.

That night Stel went to sleep not thinking of her empty stomach, of her lost family, or even of how she would make the king bleed. That night, she thought of something she hadn't dared think for so long, far too long: Freedom.
Old 03-08-2016, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurboulos View Post
Sam found the perfect opportunity to use his powers granted to him in the KidPub Games: the power of confusion. When the man walked back into the room to taunt Sam, Sam pretended to listen while trying to rework an out of shape muscle. Finally he seemed to get it.
I should let the victor go. Sam sent the brainwaves to the man who immediately freed him. Sam then dropped his fists down on the man's bald head and disarmed him, gaining a knife. Sam ran out of the dark room and kicked the door down. He ran out into the streets and almost bumped into a girl in a hood carrying flour out of her house. The girl's eyes lit up in fear when she saw the knife, so she dropped her hood and aimed a bow and arrow at Sam, her face dropped in shock when she realized who it was. His plan was doomed.

(psst girl holding flour (luna))
Olivia's heart was beating so hard she thought her rib cage would burst open. This was not possible. Not in a million years had she ever expected to come face to face with a real live victor, let alone one who had been reported missing just hours earlier. She tightened her grip on the bow, a cold sweat breaking out and making it slippery.

When she spoke, her voice was little more than a whisper, "What are you doing here?" She thought it best not to show fear, so she narrowed her eyes with hatred instead and scowled deeply.

will i ever be more than i've always been

tap, tap, tapping on the glass

Waving through a window
Old 03-08-2016, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostBittenKitten View Post
Olivia's heart was beating so hard she thought her rib cage would burst open. This was not possible. Not in a million years had she ever expected to come face to face with a real live victor, let alone one who had been reported missing just hours earlier. She tightened her grip on the bow, a cold sweat breaking out and making it slippery.

When she spoke, her voice was little more than a whisper, "What are you doing here?" She thought it best not to show fear, so she narrowed her eyes with hatred instead and scowled deeply.
"It's a long story and if I'm seen, my plan will go to shit, so if I could tell you inside, that would be greatly appreciated," Sam said with his hands in the air. The girl glared at him for two seconds before pointing towards her house, not lowering her arrow.

She walked Sam to her house and looked behind her before closing the door.

Last edited by Arthurboulos; 03-08-2016 at 05:05 PM.
Old 03-08-2016, 05:31 PM

Just wondering, any way Amelia could ease into the storyline? I don't want to make it too rushed.
Old 03-08-2016, 06:00 PM

Quote:
"It's a long story and if I'm seen, my plan will go to shit, so if I could tell you inside, that would be greatly appreciated," Sam said with his hands in the air. The girl glared at him for two seconds before pointing towards her house, not lowering her arrow.

She walked Sam to her house and looked behind her before closing the door.
Olivia stood against the arm with her her arrow still aimed at Sam and a look of disgust (mixed with some confusion) on her face. "You're that pretty boy victor," she spat. "What are you doing and what plan are you talking about?"

Waving through a window
Old 03-08-2016, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Olivia stood against the arm with her her arrow still aimed at Sam and a look of disgust (mixed with some confusion) on her face. "You're that pretty boy victor," she spat. "What are you doing and what plan are you talking about?"
Sam chuckled. "That's what they call me now, huh," He said to himself. He wanted to demand that the girl would not be so obnoxious but decided that she had the upper hand and that it would be rash.
"I'm going to escape from Occidere Frater."
Old 03-08-2016, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Sam chuckled. "That's what they call me now, huh," He said to himself. He wanted to demand that the girl would not be so obnoxious but decided that she had the upper hand and that it would be rash.
"I'm going to escape from Occidere Frater."
She stared at him for a moment or two, and then laughed bitterly, without any true happiness. "Fat chance of that," she said. Then she softened for a moment, but kept her grip on her bow. "What kind of things did they do to you in those games?" she asked suddenly, and almost sympathically, before regaining her hard, angry look.

Waving through a window
Old 03-08-2016, 08:43 PM

Quote:
She stared at him for a moment or two, and then laughed bitterly, without any true happiness. "Fat chance of that," she said. Then she softened for a moment, but kept her grip on her bow. "What kind of things did they do to you in those games?" she asked suddenly, and almost sympathically, before regaining her hard, angry look.
"The games took everything from me," Sam said, his jaw clenching. "My entire family and my best friend were all taken away from me, because of those games," Sam said choking a sob. He blinked away his tears, not wanting to let her see him weak.
"Do you have any liquor?" Sam asked.
Old 03-08-2016, 08:50 PM

Quote:
"The games took everything from me," Sam said, his jaw clenching. "My entire family and my best friend were all taken away from me, because of those games," Sam said choking a sob. He blinked away his tears, not wanting to let her see him weak.
"Do you have any liquor?" Sam asked.
"Oh," Olivia said, slightly more sympathetic. Then she realized he might be drunk or something. "Why would I have liquor?" she demanded. Her father wasn't an alcoholic, he knew they couldn't afford that. Still, she had seen an empty bottle lying around one day. She didn't even know if she could trust him. Olivia kept her grip firm so that Sam couldn't pull anything on her. "My dad's always wanted me to be just like you," she spat, for some reason. She assumed it was her cooped up anger and frustration.

Waving through a window

Tags
#bringbackalice, #oldiesrule, hazel will do this later, i ship it like fed-ex, kidpub, kidpub games, luna was here, occidere frater