Quantcast Sam and Julia Cowrite - Page 5 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Story Ideas
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2016, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurboulos View Post
mkay so major charries are keith, sedabella, travis, katrin, cherryblossom, aeron and rob??
and then there is also jake
That sounds good for main charries, since they all spend most of the book causing/fixing trouble.
And let's try not to make it too cliche with the Jake/Esdabella/Keith/Cherry rectangle. XD
Old 03-07-2016, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparklez5858 View Post
That sounds good for main charries, since they all spend most of the book causing/fixing trouble.
And let's try not to make it too cliche with the Jake/Sedabella/Keith/Cherry rectangle. XD
of course xD
Old 03-07-2016, 10:21 PM

i'm like a page and a half into ch 1
Old 03-07-2016, 11:10 PM

Quote:
i'm like a page and a half into ch 1
Whoop! You can posts tidbits if you'd like.
Old 03-08-2016, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Whoop! You can posts tidbits if you'd like.
here it is
but first i was wondering if you could do chapter 2 like i did just to keep things consistent (meet sedabella magi and then a brief intro.)
mkay here it is

Chapter 1

Meet Keith Astoria. Fourth son of the fifth son. Keith comes from a long line of famous and talented dragon-riders, living in Ireland, and is constantly feeling pressure from his father and uncle, who he lives with. Keith Keith lived in a mansion with a dragon arena in his basement, and his three older brothers; Saldor, Warner, and Sylvester. Keith’s mother had died when he was six years old at legendary Dragon-Racing Event gone wrong. Keith remembered watching her race with her most trusted dragon, Saphira, and one of the other dragons getting aggravated and destroying the stadium. He remembered the sound of her neck breaking when she plummeted to her death.
Ever since then, Keith Astoria has lived with his father, uncle and annoying cousins. They lived in a mansion, Astoria Manor, that Keith still didn’t know his way around completely (he swore it moves.) But this mansion is no ordinary mansion, as they normally aren’t in these kinds of stories. In the wine cellar, if you the bottle dated 1783, a staircase will open below your feet and you will find yourself in a marvelous dragon-riding arena.
Meet the family dragons. Hermes is Keith’s father’s dragon. He is dark green and the oldest dragon in the household. Hermes’ wings were now more crinkled and his once vibrant green eyes seemed to have been dimmed or tinted. The other dragon was Keith’s uncle’s, Pyro. That dragon was red and it’s dark eyes sparked when it blinked. Keith loved the dragons but hated living in Astoria Manor. It was lifeless and dull.
Keith used to live on a large farm with his parents and three brothers. Keith remembered him and his brothers throwing dragon shit at one another laughing so hard they got stomach aches. One time, Keith had accidentally swallowed some dragon waste and his mother sat with him as he vomited into a bucket, holding his filthy hand and telling him everything would be alright.
When Keith moved into Astoria Manor, everything was quiet and life was uneventful. His Uncle Syrus was strict and grumpy. Keith’s father was barely ever home and the only other people in the household were his twin cousins, Eugenie and Nyla, who only spoke about shallow things like boys and makeup.
That is why Keith hated Summer. But soon enough the morning of September Second came and on the second of September at 6:36, precisely six minutes after Keith’s alarm clock rang, he awoke. The irritatingly repetitive sound of the alarm clock sliced through the shrill morning air.
It was Keith’s first day of junior year at Eaglewick Academy for the the Magically Talented Youth, but everyone just called it “Magic School.” Eaglewick Academy was a boarding school for magically gifted high schoolers. The school was located at an old castle in Ireland, that Keith and his friends loved exploring year after year.
So at September the Second, at 6:36 AM, Keith awoke happy and anticipating another wonderful year at Eaglewick Academy.
Keith went to the bathroom and brushed his teeth before taking a warm shower. When Keith stepped out of the shower, he quickly ran his fingers through his blonde hair, before putting his school uniform; a cream-colored collared shirt with a navy blue jacket, khakis and loafers. Keith grabbed the suitcases, he had packed the night before and left the house before he could hear Eugenie and Nyla bicker over the curling iron some more.
Keith walked down the streets, carrying his bags. Off to the ferry he went. The ferry was a beautiful navy blue boat that sailed the entire world, picking up students of Eaglewick Academy. Keith stood by the docks, waiting for the ferry to show up.
Keith watched the waves of the ocean, checking his phone for the time. It was 7:01. When Keith lifted his head back up he saw the ferry in a distance getting closer and closer. He could barely contain his excitement that grew every inch closer the ferry got.
As the ferry neared the docks, Keith heard the exhilarated voices of some of his classmates and the muffled cries of his two dumb cousins raced towards the docks, hoping not to miss the ferry. When the ferry got to the docks, the ship’s captain, a thin, friendly-looking man missing a few teeth, offered Keith his hand.
Keith took it and climbed onto the boat. The captain pulled Keith up so that his ear was right next to the captain’s mouth. The captain whispered, “Welcome aboard the Serendipity, mate.” At that Keith climbed on board and tried to find his best friend, Rob.
Once his two ditzy cousins were on board he heard the captain shout, “Next stop, Magetown!”

ps: when writing keith dialogue use this website bc he's irish now bahaha
Old 03-08-2016, 05:10 PM

Quote:
here it is
but first i was wondering if you could do chapter 2 like i did just to keep things consistent (meet sedabella magi and then a brief intro.)
mkay here it is

Chapter 1

Meet Keith Astoria. Fourth son of the fifth son. Keith comes from a long line of famous and talented dragon-riders, living in Ireland, and is constantly feeling pressure from his father and uncle, who he lives with. Keith Keith lived in a mansion with a dragon arena in his basement, and his three older brothers; Saldor, Warner, and Sylvester. Keith’s mother had died when he was six years old at legendary Dragon-Racing Event gone wrong. Keith remembered watching her race with her most trusted dragon, Saphira, and one of the other dragons getting aggravated and destroying the stadium. He remembered the sound of her neck breaking when she plummeted to her death.
Ever since then, Keith Astoria has lived with his father, uncle and annoying cousins. They lived in a mansion, Astoria Manor, that Keith still didn’t know his way around completely (he swore it moves.) But this mansion is no ordinary mansion, as they normally aren’t in these kinds of stories. In the wine cellar, if you the bottle dated 1783, a staircase will open below your feet and you will find yourself in a marvelous dragon-riding arena.
Meet the family dragons. Hermes is Keith’s father’s dragon. He is dark green and the oldest dragon in the household. Hermes’ wings were now more crinkled and his once vibrant green eyes seemed to have been dimmed or tinted. The other dragon was Keith’s uncle’s, Pyro. That dragon was red and it’s dark eyes sparked when it blinked. Keith loved the dragons but hated living in Astoria Manor. It was lifeless and dull.
Keith used to live on a large farm with his parents and three brothers. Keith remembered him and his brothers throwing dragon shit at one another laughing so hard they got stomach aches. One time, Keith had accidentally swallowed some dragon waste and his mother sat with him as he vomited into a bucket, holding his filthy hand and telling him everything would be alright.
When Keith moved into Astoria Manor, everything was quiet and life was uneventful. His Uncle Syrus was strict and grumpy. Keith’s father was barely ever home and the only other people in the household were his twin cousins, Eugenie and Nyla, who only spoke about shallow things like boys and makeup.
That is why Keith hated Summer. But soon enough the morning of September Second came and on the second of September at 6:36, precisely six minutes after Keith’s alarm clock rang, he awoke. The irritatingly repetitive sound of the alarm clock sliced through the shrill morning air.
It was Keith’s first day of junior year at Eaglewick Academy for the the Magically Talented Youth, but everyone just called it “Magic School.” Eaglewick Academy was a boarding school for magically gifted high schoolers. The school was located at an old castle in Ireland, that Keith and his friends loved exploring year after year.
So at September the Second, at 6:36 AM, Keith awoke happy and anticipating another wonderful year at Eaglewick Academy.
Keith went to the bathroom and brushed his teeth before taking a warm shower. When Keith stepped out of the shower, he quickly ran his fingers through his blonde hair, before putting his school uniform; a cream-colored collared shirt with a navy blue jacket, khakis and loafers. Keith grabbed the suitcases, he had packed the night before and left the house before he could hear Eugenie and Nyla bicker over the curling iron some more.
Keith walked down the streets, carrying his bags. Off to the ferry he went. The ferry was a beautiful navy blue boat that sailed the entire world, picking up students of Eaglewick Academy. Keith stood by the docks, waiting for the ferry to show up.
Keith watched the waves of the ocean, checking his phone for the time. It was 7:01. When Keith lifted his head back up he saw the ferry in a distance getting closer and closer. He could barely contain his excitement that grew every inch closer the ferry got.
As the ferry neared the docks, Keith heard the exhilarated voices of some of his classmates and the muffled cries of his two dumb cousins raced towards the docks, hoping not to miss the ferry. When the ferry got to the docks, the ship’s captain, a thin, friendly-looking man missing a few teeth, offered Keith his hand.
Keith took it and climbed onto the boat. The captain pulled Keith up so that his ear was right next to the captain’s mouth. The captain whispered, “Welcome aboard the Serendipity, mate.” At that Keith climbed on board and tried to find his best friend, Rob.
Once his two ditzy cousins were on board he heard the captain shout, “Next stop, Magetown!”

ps: when writing keith dialogue use this website bc he's irish now bahaha
also hey are we posting?
Old 03-08-2016, 05:30 PM

Quote:
also hey are we posting?
AHH IT'S AWESOME
AND SURE, I'll write it that way--I'm super excited to try this. I'll try to get it done by Saturday, but I'm on vacation in Florida so I may take a while. As for post, sure, but maybe wait until I have chapter two so I don't have to rush. ^-^
Old 03-08-2016, 09:26 PM

Quote:
AHH IT'S AWESOME
AND SURE, I'll write it that way--I'm super excited to try this. I'll try to get it done by Saturday, but I'm on vacation in Florida so I may take a while. As for post, sure, but maybe wait until I have chapter two so I don't have to rush. ^-^
yayyy i'm super excited

(post snippets while you're writing?)
Old 03-08-2016, 09:29 PM

Quote:
yayyy i'm super excited

(post snippets while you're writing?)
I'll try! I didn't bring my laptop so I'm writing it in notes on my phone. XD
Old 03-08-2016, 09:30 PM

Quote:
I'll try! I didn't bring my laptop so I'm writing it in notes on my phone. XD