Quantcast Your emotional venting thread. I'll explain. - Page 1634 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Free advice
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2015, 08:20 PM

Hey I need some help because my best friend is acting like she's going through some stuff and idk what to say to her because tbh we're best friends but we aren't close and I just want to let her know that I'm there for her without being pushy or nosy about it because I do really care about her.
I'm just not good with emotions and I don't know if she'd rather be left alone or if she wants my support.
Idk just maybe help if you can?
Old 01-12-2015, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxi View Post
I mean, yeah, he's fine with people being gay but like... oh god, my stomach is like in my throat right now.

That came out wrong.
What can I do to help you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxi View Post
I mean, yeah, he's fine with people being gay but like... oh god, my stomach is like in my throat right now.

That came out wrong.
What do you mean?
Old 01-12-2015, 10:36 PM

I just really need a hug.
Old 01-12-2015, 10:38 PM

*gives you a hug*
Old 01-12-2015, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvhamsters View Post
I'm wondering if I need to rethink this friendship i have.
I call her my best friend and she calls me hers but.... I don't know. She's constantly complaining and telling me about her life and I'm constantly asking how she's doing but she never reciprocates. I feel selfish for saying that but it's true. Whenever i try to tell her about something going on in my life or some emotional woe I have, she either cuts me off and starts talking about something else or ignores me. Today i got fed up because she's constantly complaining about being hurt and was complaining for about ten minutes straight so I said something like 'haha you think that hurts well for the past two weeks ive-' and she cuts me off and tells me to shut the f up. (I had shoulder surgery btw so was saying that her minor bruises got nothing on my drilled bones) I DONT KNOW. She has her goods and bads. This time im seriously pissed though. I walked away when she said it. Ugh. I just dunno. I need to rethink my friendships. Plus i'm trying to decide if i want to do schooling overseas next year and thats in september but im trying to decide if i value my friends enough to not leave them behind. Or if i should stay. I dont know. It'd only be three months but. Meh.
Hey man. A few months back I stopped being best friends with my best friend, and it's been one of my better decisions this school year. I'm serious about this, and I know everyone says this, but if they don't make you happy, and especially if they don't care about you as a person, you need to get away fast. A lot of times (including with me) you and your friend will care about each other strictly in a I-need-a-best-friend-to-look-like-I'm-fun-and-lovable-so-that-other-people-will-want-to-talk-to-me way. This is extremely unhealthy because whenever your feeling down and need someone to talk to, you'll end up looking at your life and saying, wow, my best friend doesn't care about me. It makes everything so much harder. I can 1000% guarantee you that leaving people that mistreat you will improve your life so, so much. Even if it seems scary to not have a "best friend" it will be so worth it. The toxicity will be removed from your life, and you'll have more room to grow real relationships. I hope this makes sense to you, I hope you heed this advice, I hope you go on that trip, and I hope that whatever happens, you'll be better off for it.

i post what my nipples want (leaving this here to show just how long it's been since I got on, holy crap.)
Old 01-13-2015, 07:02 PM

Things are changing and I don't like it.
My grandmother is in the hospital again, and we pretty much know that she's going to be okay this time, but it's just a reminder of what's eventually going to happen. My grandparents mean the absolute world to me, and some of my fondest memories are with them. I know I shouldn't think about this stuff, it's just hard with all the reminders.
Ugh.

Azure

Indigo

Cerulean

Cobalt

Periwinkle

And suddenly the blue will not seem so dark, more like the color of the noon-bright sky."

--The Realm of Possibility by David Levithan
Old 01-14-2015, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckbrina159 View Post
Things are changing and I don't like it.
My grandmother is in the hospital again, and we pretty much know that she's going to be okay this time, but it's just a reminder of what's eventually going to happen. My grandparents mean the absolute world to me, and some of my fondest memories are with them. I know I shouldn't think about this stuff, it's just hard with all the reminders.
Ugh.
I hope your grandmother gets better soon. I know how it feels when my Grandpa goes to the hospital because, yes, he's okay for now, but someday....

Anyways, if it helps, I'll keep you in my prayers.
Old 01-14-2015, 10:31 AM

I just sent my mom an e-mail about my depression and stuff and let me tell you THAT WAS THE HARDEST MOST EMOTIONAL THING I HAVE EVER DONE. IT TERRIFIES ME TO THINK ABOUT HOW SHE'S GOING TO REACT BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW IF SHE'LL BE CHILL ABOUT IT OR SCARED OR ANGRY OR WHAT. SHE STUDIED FAMILY PSYCHOLOGY. WHICH MEANS I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT SHE'S GOING TO SAY ABOUT THIS. DID SHE EVEN STUDY DEPRESSION? DO THE PEOPLE SHE WORK WITH KNOW A LOT ABOUT THIS. I'M SO SCARED, GUYS. I'M NOT SURE I LIKE WHAT I'VE DONE BUT I NEED TO FIX THIS RIGHT NOW
Old 01-14-2015, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmocat View Post
i Just Sent My Mom An E-mail About My Depression And Stuff And Let Me Tell You That Was The Hardest Most Emotional Thing I Have Ever Done. It Terrifies Me To Think About How She's Going To React Because I Don't Know If She'll Be Chill About It Or Scared Or Angry Or What. She Studied Family Psychology. Which Means I Have No Idea What She's Going To Say About This. Did She Even Study Depression? Do The People She Work With Know A Lot About This. I'm So Scared, Guys. I'm Not Sure I Like What I've Done But I Need To Fix This Right Now
IT'S GOING TO BE ALL RIGHT GOOD ON YOU FOR SENDiNG THAT
Old 01-14-2015, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmoCat View Post
I just sent my mom an e-mail about my depression and stuff and let me tell you THAT WAS THE HARDEST MOST EMOTIONAL THING I HAVE EVER DONE. IT TERRIFIES ME TO THINK ABOUT HOW SHE'S GOING TO REACT BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW IF SHE'LL BE CHILL ABOUT IT OR SCARED OR ANGRY OR WHAT. SHE STUDIED FAMILY PSYCHOLOGY. WHICH MEANS I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT SHE'S GOING TO SAY ABOUT THIS. DID SHE EVEN STUDY DEPRESSION? DO THE PEOPLE SHE WORK WITH KNOW A LOT ABOUT THIS. I'M SO SCARED, GUYS. I'M NOT SURE I LIKE WHAT I'VE DONE BUT I NEED TO FIX THIS RIGHT NOW
(*hugs*) You did the right thing, the best thing you could do right now. <:^) Try not to what-if about this. It'll work out somehow. Whatever happens, you'll be able to deal with it.

Tags
♥lifepleaseguys:'), afraid to keep on living, bettertoburnoutthanfade, black n hopeless feeling, do what?, do you ever wonder?, face the north, i give up; okay?, i love u its gon b ok, i'm already dead inside, i'm so sorry, i'm there for you :), ignored as usual, ihopethebunnycheersuup:), just pray :), kayla was here, o_o this is insane, smexy elmo, someone's bitter, tags y u so weird?, takesometimetofeelbetter, theblackisclosingin, they're following me...:(, we got this!, you are not alone