Quantcast The Love Thread - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home
Old 04-28-2017, 04:40 PM

Default The Love Thread

Hey kiddos. I made this thread quite a few months ago, and it was honestly kind of cringe so I’ve decided to edit this.
So welcome to the Love thread, where the misleading title implies it’s probably another crush thread despite it having nothing to do with that (A+ naming younger me). So yeah, this thread is not in fact about crushes or dating or whatever, so if you’re looking for that you might want to check out the crush thread instead. This thread is indeed for love... but this time, it’s for you!
This is a safe spot to discuss yourself, whether it be talking about how gorgeous your hair was today, or ranting about all your flaws. Feel free to mull over your thoughts or ask for advice or pretty much anything else. You can share mental health tips, admit insecurities, whatever the heck you want.
Quick suggestion though: if you’re here to make a comment or rant but you don’t want any advice, make sure to say that at the top of your post. It’s totally fine if you don’t want people to respond, just make sure to let them know.
That’s it for now I guess. Remember, this Can be both a positive and negative thread, as long as it helps you. Love you <3

Last edited by Steampunk; 02-12-2018 at 10:07 PM.
Old 04-29-2017, 12:15 AM

Why worry about feelings? You're on the board, so play the game. Just have fun. I just wanna have fun. I only wanna do the things that feel good. I just want fun, and I don't care if that hurts people. Why worry about that stuff? Thinking about it doesn't change it so I should just ignore it and move on. It doesn't matter if I'm shit as long as im fun shit, I just wanna have fun I'm tired of thinking deeper than everyone and realizing it's all a fake construct and I don't mean anything I just wanna have fun I can't change anything so like yanno, radical acceptance, I just wanna do what feels good and have fun for once without my fact-of-life worthlessness loomin lmao
they'd lead me to y o u
Old 04-30-2017, 07:02 PM

I'm not sure if I'm modest or arrogant. One minute, I'm telling myself that I'm so much better than everyone else. The next minute I'm telling myself that everything I do is stupid.

I never feel comfortable being me. I'm so uptight and I'm afraid to have an opinion, as silly as that may sound. I'm afraid to have a favorite song or movie or whatever. Well, I'm afraid of having one around anybody but myself.
That's all words really and truly are.
But if that's what they are,
Then why do these "words" hurt so much?
Why?
Old 04-30-2017, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melanberry View Post
I'm not sure if I'm modest or arrogant. One minute, I'm telling myself that I'm so much better than everyone else. The next minute I'm telling myself that everything I do is stupid.

I never feel comfortable being me. I'm so uptight and I'm afraid to have an opinion, as silly as that may sound. I'm afraid to have a favorite song or movie or whatever. Well, I'm afraid of having one around anybody but myself.
I often feel the same way. Like when I'm reading some of the stories on Kidpub I'll feel satisfied that I'm generally a better writer but as soon as I try to write every word I put on the page just feels so... wrong. Like I'm screwing everything up. I don't like anything I say, do, or write and I never view anything I do as good enough. I'm wary even around my friends, constantly rebuilding myself in little ways to appeal to them. Sometimes I don't feel like "myself" around them. But that fake me with altered opinions still feels more right than the real me whom I despise so much. I don't know, it's hard to accurately put it into words for me.
Old 05-01-2017, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steampunk View Post
I often feel the same way. Like when I'm reading some of the stories on Kidpub I'll feel satisfied that I'm generally a better writer but as soon as I try to write every word I put on the page just feels so... wrong. Like I'm screwing everything up. I don't like anything I say, do, or write and I never view anything I do as good enough. I'm wary even around my friends, constantly rebuilding myself in little ways to appeal to them. Sometimes I don't feel like "myself" around them. But that fake me with altered opinions still feels more right than the real me whom I despise so much. I don't know, it's hard to accurately put it into words for me.
ikr. i'm not sure how to fix it though. My friends might tell you that I'd never brag, but that's only because they only hear me turn down compliments (if that's how you say it). I also don't dance or sing or take selfies or something in public because i'm scared someone will laugh at me.
Why?
Old 05-01-2017, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melanberry View Post
ikr. i'm not sure how to fix it though. My friends might tell you that I'd never brag, but that's only because they only hear me turn down compliments (if that's how you say it). I also don't dance or sing or take selfies or something in public because i'm scared someone will laugh at me.
Same. I've only recently started to relax around a few of my very close friends but I'm still always tense and looking for signs of what I can do better. I'm kind of afraid that if I stop agreeing with them on everything the relationship will start to deteriorate because they'll find other friends who have the same opinions and interests as them.
My parents have also noticed how often I belittle myself and they just tell me not to and then that's the end of that. I don't think they realize that I do it so often to the point of low key hating myself and I know that I have a problem and should work on it but I don't really want to tell anyone because what if they think I'm just seeking attention? And how do you even tell someone that? "Hey mom/dad, I think I have a problem with negative self image and sometimes kind of hate myself. Can we have pizza for dinner?" It's just not the kind of thing that's easily transferred into words, at least not for me. Besides, maybe I can just fix it on my own? That was kind of the point of this thread, to talk it out and try to sort through it and relate to other people and maybe find a few useful tips that help?
Idk
Old 05-03-2017, 04:34 PM

Yeah, I'm not sure what to do either. I keep my feelings bottled up, which will probably affect my health in some way down the road.
Why?
Old 07-03-2017, 06:46 PM

I never knew there was a thread for this! I relate to the posts above this about feeling arrogant and then feeling inadequate. I am a really emotional person but am afraid to show my emotions sometimes for fear that I would be seen as weak/pathetic. Sometimes I just rant to my friends but more often I bottle it up inside because I don't want them to have to deal with my issues. People get confused about why I care so much about things so I don't like to talk about it. Like for instance I liked this guy (ok I still kinda like him) and I found out he has girlfriend and everyone is like "there's plenty of other guys" and stuff like that but it's not like I can just decide I don't like him anymore. I feel like no understands me a lot of times. Also when I get upset over stupid things sometimes and even my family will act like I'm weak for crying even though they never say things to that effect. So yeah...

will i ever be more than i've always been

tap, tap, tapping on the glass

Waving through a window

Tags
ㅋㅋㅋ, emotional support thread, meh. feelings ew, self deprecation, self love, you're beautiful