Go Back   The Writer's Block > Books and Such > Book Clubs
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2012, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAshWolf View Post
XD I must find that scene.

Away? Like, vacation?
Like, yeah xD
"Oh! Somebody ought to take society by the four corners of the sheet and toss it all into the air! Everything would be broken, most likely, but at least nobody would have anything, there'd be that much gained!" - Les MisÚrables
Old 03-22-2012, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWriter View Post
Like, yeah xD
VALLY GIRL MOMENT. >_<; *facepalm* Sorry. XD

Where to, might I ask?
Old 04-18-2012, 08:02 PM

XD I like how one of the tags is "i<3alec".
Old 04-18-2012, 09:43 PM

Quote:
XD I like how one of the tags is "i<3alec".
*can't remember if I did that or not* *either way, wishes I did/glad I did*
Old 06-01-2012, 10:00 PM

I miss the Equinox days D: No matter what I write, it will never have the same youthful, carefree innocence of that book :3
"Oh! Somebody ought to take society by the four corners of the sheet and toss it all into the air! Everything would be broken, most likely, but at least nobody would have anything, there'd be that much gained!" - Les MisÚrables
Old 06-02-2012, 12:56 AM

Quote:
I miss the Equinox days D: No matter what I write, it will never have the same youthful, carefree innocence of that book :3
I miss reading Equinox...are you still editing it?
Old 06-02-2012, 09:05 AM

Quote:
I miss reading Equinox...are you still editing it?
No. But I'm thinking about continuing work on Solstice on the side :P The problem would be that my writing style has changed a lot it seems so I'll have to figure out how to solidify it. The Trilogy is by no means abandoned 8D
Old 06-02-2012, 02:37 PM

Quote:
No. But I'm thinking about continuing work on Solstice on the side :P The problem would be that my writing style has changed a lot it seems so I'll have to figure out how to solidify it. The Trilogy is by no means abandoned 8D
Ah. That does sound a bit tricky. :^/ Style changes...*sigh* blessing and a curse.

WELL...at least you haven't abandoned it.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:29 AM

Default Wallpaper and Unofficial Cover

Yeah, so I got really bored and started to make Equinox stuff last night xD I can't legally use it for monetary gain or whatever because the wolf images are (c) Tippett Studios. Normal stock wolf photos just don't have the life of the CG characters :) Fun fact: the Faolans are signifigantly smaller than the Twlight wolves. The werewolves in Twilight are about 7 feet tall while the Faolan's are only as tall as they are as humans.

Equinox is now my summer project. I'm rewriting, using the original as a basic structure, and it's really fun. The website is almost finished, also. Annnnd I'm changing the setting to somewhere more remote than California xD Canada, probably.

This cover isn't that good (even though LST and Ash seem to think so). It's not the best design I've ever done xD There's no focal point but the colours work really well together, I think. I just needed a cover placeholder so I threw it together in 10 minutes, literally.

And this is a wallpaper I did this morning :) Credit also to Tippett Studios, yadayadayada. The only thing I own is the logo xD And my desktop :P I think it looking pretty freaking cool, and is definately inspiring me to write xD

Some changes you'll be seeing the books:

1. No more 'shape-shifter' or even 'shifter' as titles referring to the Faolans. Officially they're 'skin-walkers', which are actually a better fit since skin-walkers are commonly found in wolf forms *nods* Also raven, coyote, horse, etc. And no one really knows much about skin-walkers xD The concept is the exact same as shifters, though. Just a new title to make them original and blend better.

2. Alec is the pack Omega :) The Faolans will have a more structured pack from now on xD I could never tell who was leader before.

3. New setting, more secluded, preferrably by a body of water. I was inspired after hiking 30 miles this weekend along Lake Superior, and that would be the perfect setting. Not Michigan, specificially, but somewhere like it.

4. Bree gets a new last name. Probably something Swedish or Finnish. Not too weird, though. :P

5. Bree's family also gets an awesome Finnish Spitz just because they're my favourite dogs ever 8D His name is Dynfari, which means "thunder-walker" in Icelandic. Roughly. He's a minor character but a really neat one :)

6. Norse mythology will have undertones so it's less paranormal romance. There will be, like, no romance, actually. Maybe ONE kiss. But Alec and Bree won't have a relationship yet. But the Norse have myths about skin-walkers and wolves and their doomsday (VERY interesting) in which all the gods die but a few. I can play around with that concept at the climax of the last book.

7. Forever Summer is not a good name for a dark and dramatic book. So it'll be Eternal Winter. Much less happy-ending sounding :P

That's it xD It's a lot but whatever. I didn't want to shock anyone when I posted. Sadly, more than half of my old fans left KP D:
Old 06-13-2012, 10:31 AM

Oh, and the site address on the wallpaper doesn't work yet.

Tags
awesoooome, bree, epic, faolans, i<3alec, shapeshifters, so epic, story on kidpub, wolfwriter