Quantcast Insomnia - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Free advice
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2012, 07:34 PM

Default Insomnia

Well, hello, all of my dear friends. Welcome to the Insomnia thread, a thread where you can share advice on insomnia, rant about insomnia, give ideas of what may cause it, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.

Have you ever had insomnia? If you don't know what insomnia is, here's the definition (from dictionary.com):

inability to obtain sufficient sleep, especially when chronic; difficulty in falling or staying asleep, sleeplessness.

Now, that may not sound like such a big deal, but seriously-it's irritating, exhausting the next day, quite frustrating-basically, it is a very big deal, especially if it's chronic. Last night was the night before the first day of school, and I was trying to get a good night's sleep. I had to wake up at around five in the morning, and I didn't sleep until TWO. As in, two AM. So I got three hours of sleep. It was very frustrating-I felt trapped inside my own head, and nothing I did was working. Do any of you listen to Owl City? The singer/keyboardist/main guy, Adam Young, used to have really bad insomnia, and he spent the time writing songs to get over it. But unfortunately, I couldn't find a reading light, so that was out.

Anyway, feel free to chat it up about the annoying-ness of it all. Actually, I'll probably post on this thread a bit (or a lot) if I should respond to something or share newfound advice with y'all.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossom View Post
Well, hello, all of my dear friends. Welcome to the Insomnia thread, a thread where you can share advice on insomnia, rant about insomnia, give ideas of what may cause it, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.

Have you ever had insomnia? If you don't know what insomnia is, here's the definition (from dictionary.com):

inability to obtain sufficient sleep, especially when chronic; difficulty in falling or staying asleep, sleeplessness.

Now, that may not sound like such a big deal, but seriously-it's irritating, exhausting the next day, quite frustrating-basically, it is a very big deal, especially if it's chronic. Last night was the night before the first day of school, and I was trying to get a good night's sleep. I had to wake up at around five in the morning, and I didn't sleep until TWO. As in, two AM. So I got three hours of sleep. It was very frustrating-I felt trapped inside my own head, and nothing I did was working. Do any of you listen to Owl City? The singer/keyboardist/main guy, Adam Young, used to have really bad insomnia, and he spent the time writing songs to get over it. But unfortunately, I couldn't find a reading light, so that was out.

Anyway, feel free to chat it up about the annoying-ness of it all. Actually, I'll probably post on this thread a bit (or a lot) if I should respond to something or share newfound advice with y'all.
Yes, I've heard of Owl City. I think serious insomiacs shouldn't waste their time trying to sleep when they're sure they can't at that moment when they can be doing something.

I have trouble sleeping sometimes, depending on the month, the situation, the place, the time. Sometimes I wake up six or seven times at night, fall asleep for five minutes, and wake up again and can't go back to sleep. Especially when school starts, it's annoying.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:16 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to lvhamsters

O_O Yeah, I wake up repeatedly at night tossing and turning before falling off my bed then it take me a lot longer to fall asleep -_- It's terrible. And I can't go to sleep until 1-2 am in the morning so when I wake up on school mornings I'm a zombie.

And I don't know if it counts, but its really weird. Every time there's a spider within 5-6 feet near me, I automatically wake up and stare straight at it. It's creepy O_O

When we were young we used to say

That you only hear the music when your hearts begin to break

Now we are the kids from yesterday
Old 09-06-2012, 09:59 AM

My friend Jacqueline has insomnia, and she couldn't sleep unless she sleeps with her twin.
Well, at least, she can't sleep at night. But she certainly gets sleepy during the day.
Old 09-08-2012, 03:17 PM

I don't get insomnia, but I just wanted to point out the novel "Insomnia" by Stephen King is epic.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossom View Post

I don't think I have insomnia, but it takes me forever to fall asleep, ad it's really annoying.
As to Owl City, I love them. I think Fireflies if his main song about his insomnia. Cave In is my favorite song.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:49 AM

I don't know if I have it or not, but I can't go to sleep very easily. e_e If I want to go to sleep at 9, then I have to go to bed by 8. And I tend to go to bed really late, so I fall asleep even later. Then I wake up at 6, 7, and sometimes 5, but then I can't go back to sleep. e_e

Whats really frustrating is that when I want to catch up on sleep in the day when I have time, I can't fall asleep. I can lay down for hours and not get a wink. If anything I feel more tired when I give it up.

Meh.
finally
free

or is this
just a prettier
cage?
Old 10-31-2012, 11:53 AM

I can't seem to sleep in the day, either, soo... yeah... XD
Old 10-31-2012, 12:21 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to chelseki3

Urgh.

*headdesk*

I don't really sleep in the day, unless I'm really tired, and my mum is just like:

CHELSEA...

Y U NO SLEEP IN DA DAY?!

Don't get me wrong, I love my mom, but...she like an annoying fly that just won't leave me alone--for once.
-_-'
Old 10-31-2012, 04:43 PM

I think it's partially because I'm used to reading at night on my bed...xD So sometimes to help myself go to sleep I read a few chapters of Harry Potter. :3

You would think that with all the action and plot twists and everything, it would make it harder to go to sleep, but for some reason it helps. xD
finally
free

or is this
just a prettier
cage?

Tags
calledgotheefftosleep, go the hell to sleep, there's a book, yeah right