Quantcast GSRM Community - Page 154 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home
Old 01-10-2015, 10:19 AM

Um, hi. I used to think I just liked guys, but now it's weird and... Basically, I have this crush on a guy and I also might have a crush on my best friend so I don't know if I'm bi or what and my friends are mostly OK with all of this in conversation but they slip in out of stereotypes and joking that people are gay like thats such a weird thing.

Also I'm not sure cause I have a crush on her I think but then I'm not sure I would be comfortable kissing a girl but I still really like her like more then the crush I've had for like five years... I don't know.

it takes and it takes and it takes
-leslie odom jr and lin manuel miranda, "wait for it," hamilton
Old 01-10-2015, 10:32 AM

Location: honestly I can't even think of a witty answer anymore this is tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by july3girl View Post
Um, hi. I used to think I just liked guys, but now it's weird and... Basically, I have this crush on a guy and I also might have a crush on my best friend so I don't know if I'm bi or what and my friends are mostly OK with all of this in conversation but they slip in out of stereotypes and joking that people are gay like thats such a weird thing.

Also I'm not sure cause I have a crush on her I think but then I'm not sure I would be comfortable kissing a girl but I still really like her like more then the crush I've had for like five years... I don't know.
Just see how it goes. Don't be hasty with labeling yourself until you're 100% certain. Give it time. If you're bi, then that's great. If you're straight, same applies. Figuring it out is a challenge.
Old 01-10-2015, 11:32 AM

How do I come out? My entire school is very MOGAI-phobic in general, and especially thinks aces aren't real bc "everyone's always horny" or stupid stuff like that. I really want to just get this weight off my shoulders to someone other than my fellow asexual/aromantic sister, and preferrably get it over with by telling everyone, and just wearing ace/aro flag colors won't work because I tried that for a week and no one cared. I literally don't know one other openly queer person in real life (other than sister) because even though California is stereotypically very inclusive, it actually isn't and people still use "gay" and "tranny" as insults for completely straight people. I really want to do this, but how? Our school has a GSA but the meeting times are very ambiguous and anyways I'm not sure if the people there will be inclusive of aros/aces.

So, tips? Sorry that was long.

(@july3girl: maybe it's a queerplatonic crush!)

Last edited by meerkat; 01-10-2015 at 11:41 AM.
Old 01-10-2015, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
How do I come out? My entire school is very MOGAI-phobic in general, and especially thinks aces aren't real bc "everyone's always horny" or stupid stuff like that. I really want to just get this weight off my shoulders to someone other than my fellow asexual/aromantic sister, and preferrably get it over with by telling everyone, and just wearing ace/aro flag colors won't work because I tried that for a week and no one cared. I literally don't know one other openly queer person in real life (other than sister) because even though California is stereotypically very inclusive, it actually isn't and people still use "gay" and "tranny" as insults for completely straight people. I really want to do this, but how? Our school has a GSA but the meeting times are very ambiguous and anyways I'm not sure if the people there will be inclusive of aros/aces.

So, tips? Sorry that was long.

(@july3girl: maybe it's a queerplatonic crush!)
Go to the meeting thingy any and find out.
Honestly, as a fellow ace, the way I came out was I told my friend (who, to quote, said 'it's nice you don't want to f*** anybody'). He was the one who suggested I was ace in the first place though.
I then just gradually mentioned it to friends. If somebody said something different to that (like 'Rebecca's a lesbian') I'd say 'nah, I'm asexual' ('you're just in denial') 'On the contrary, I've accepted who I am perfectly. Unlike you, who don't seem to have accepted your own stupidity'

I never felt the need to be publicly 'out'. If the topic came up, I'd mention it, but otherwise, nah, people don't need to know what isn't their business.
Old 01-10-2015, 10:47 PM

Hi friends its me, back about Skittlr, a great MOGAI website which is great and I'm advertising it because I'm a mod, cool. Also its not open to the public but it will b before the end of January
Old 01-11-2015, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluzzle View Post
Hi friends its me, back about Skittlr, a great MOGAI website which is great and I'm advertising it because I'm a mod, cool. Also its not open to the public but it will b before the end of January
did u get the position?
Old 01-11-2015, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebecca View Post
Go to the meeting thingy any and find out.
Honestly, as a fellow ace, the way I came out was I told my friend (who, to quote, said 'it's nice you don't want to f*** anybody'). He was the one who suggested I was ace in the first place though.
I then just gradually mentioned it to friends. If somebody said something different to that (like 'Rebecca's a lesbian') I'd say 'nah, I'm asexual' ('you're just in denial') 'On the contrary, I've accepted who I am perfectly. Unlike you, who don't seem to have accepted your own stupidity'

I never felt the need to be publicly 'out'. If the topic came up, I'd mention it, but otherwise, nah, people don't need to know what isn't their business.
Basically the kids at my school are brutal. They literally said asexuality isn't real and bisexuals are too "thirsty" right in front of a teacher with an ally poster in her room and there was no reaction. If I told anyone I'd probably get beaten up or ridiculed for the next four years or something. I'm sort of iffy about the whole GSA thing. Plus, there aren't any posters up anymore for that club, so I don't know the meeting time and room anyway...
Old 01-11-2015, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily09 View Post
did u get the position?
certainly did... ill tell u when its up if you are interested! 😊
Old 01-11-2015, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
Basically the kids at my school are brutal. They literally said asexuality isn't real and bisexuals are too "thirsty" right in front of a teacher with an ally poster in her room and there was no reaction. If I told anyone I'd probably get beaten up or ridiculed for the next four years or something. I'm sort of iffy about the whole GSA thing. Plus, there aren't any posters up anymore for that club, so I don't know the meeting time and room anyway...
So don't mention it. Neither confirm nor deny anything.
Old 01-13-2015, 05:22 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to TheMoonWakedWolf

i dont know whether to be chill or hurt by homophobic/queerphobic comments from ppl at my school.....like im hurt either way but.......i just joke about it........... idk

Tags
♤of♡s, alaska is a mermaid, am confuse but yolo, asher was here, cutie jasper <3, down with het, elliot is the best ever, elliot will u marry me, fuck trump, genderqueer, girls are yes, gsrm, homo-freaking-flexible, i <3 girls, i am ellio, i have a crush on u, i love elliot more stfu, once in slept w/ santa d:, shit am i gay, shut the fuck up, thanks 4 helping me out, trans & pan pride, u are not ellio im ellio, u go, yo i love everyone