Quantcast A Question that Needs to Be Answered for My Story... - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Story Ideas
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2011, 01:25 PM

Default A Question that Needs to Be Answered for My Story...

In the next chapter of my story, the character (Linnea; the story I'm talking about is The City) is knocked out, and I'm hoping to do a chapter on her dreaming while she's knocked out. So here's the question: If anyone's ever fainted or been knocked out, have you ever dreamed? Is passing out like sleeping? Sorry I've never actually fainted. Once I ALMOST fainted, but... well... anyway, I'd be ETERNALLY GRATEFUL (what is that from?!?! Toy Story, I think. ) if anyone answered this!! thanks!! the sake of The City is at stake!! (hey, that rhymed!)
Old 07-13-2011, 01:52 PM

Well unconsciousness wouldn't cause dreams unless the person has already been deprived of dreams, for example they haven't slept well in ages. Also, a sleep cycle is 90 minutes, so even if they have dream debt, they need to be unconscious for at least 90 minutes to dream. Also, most dreams aren't remembered unless the person is woken in the middle of one.
Old 07-13-2011, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigfig View Post
Well unconsciousness wouldn't cause dreams unless the person has already been deprived of dreams, for example they haven't slept well in ages. Also, a sleep cycle is 90 minutes, so even if they have dream debt, they need to be unconscious for at least 90 minutes to dream. Also, most dreams aren't remembered unless the person is woken in the middle of one.
Woah, thanks a bunch! I never knew any of that before 0.o
Old 07-14-2011, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzieS View Post
In the next chapter of my story, the character (Linnea; the story I'm talking about is The City) is knocked out, and I'm hoping to do a chapter on her dreaming while she's knocked out. So here's the question: If anyone's ever fainted or been knocked out, have you ever dreamed? Is passing out like sleeping? Sorry I've never actually fainted. Once I ALMOST fainted, but... well... anyway, I'd be ETERNALLY GRATEFUL (what is that from?!?! Toy Story, I think. ) if anyone answered this!! thanks!! the sake of The City is at stake!! (hey, that rhymed!)
I fainted once. I didn't dream; it was almost like teleporting. I was walking down the hallway feeling sick one moment and then on the floor several yards away with a chipped tooth and a bloody nose. Maybe the character could have brain damage and have visions???? but then get healed in the vision and wake up to find her brain all right??? I dunno. Good luck with the story.

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run