Quantcast Leg and arm excersizes? - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Free advice
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2011, 07:35 PM

Location: a place where we wear hats on our feet, shoes on out heads and hamburgers eat people. No joke.
Default Leg and arm excersizes?

hey guys! Does anybody have any arm and leg excersises? You see, it's coming out of winter in australia and going into summer, and my arms and legs have come out hibernation. So that means, fake tan and veet and . . . toning. So anybody have any stretches/excersise. I have my calf covered but I really need help with my thighs.

So nothing with wieghts as I am a twelve year old girl . . . I do bums (lying on your back because you lift up your behind, then lowering it.), lunges (5 seconds per leg) and squats.

So yeah. If anybody has anything, I would really appreciate it. Already it is shorts/skirt weather, so I really need some good excersises.

If God is for us, then who can be against us? -- Romans 8:31

"I collect words, put them together and create something amazing. Through me, words can rise and walk, as they have always been in my heart. Some people may not get it, but I am a word weaver." -- Me
Old 10-23-2011, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgencyMagic View Post
hey guys! Does anybody have any arm and leg excersises? You see, it's coming out of winter in australia and going into summer, and my arms and legs have come out hibernation. So that means, fake tan and veet and . . . toning. So anybody have any stretches/excersise. I have my calf covered but I really need help with my thighs.

So nothing with wieghts as I am a twelve year old girl . . . I do bums (lying on your back because you lift up your behind, then lowering it.), lunges (5 seconds per leg) and squats.

So yeah. If anybody has anything, I would really appreciate it. Already it is shorts/skirt weather, so I really need some good excersises.
Planks. Like a push up, but you stay in the same position.
Like this:

Jump rope.
Treadmill.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:58 PM

Location: a place where we wear hats on our feet, shoes on out heads and hamburgers eat people. No joke.

Thanks Camille! XD Oh no the dreaded plank. THAT KILLS! DX . . .

"I collect words, put them together and create something amazing. Through me, words can rise and walk, as they have always been in my heart. Some people may not get it, but I am a word weaver." -- Me
Old 10-23-2011, 08:13 PM

There's wall sits when you sit like you're in a chair against the wall and lay your back flat against the wall. It's really tiring, but it really helps. There bannana boat hold when you sit on your butt, lifting your legs and your arms are in a streamline.

Hope I helped. And I hope your muscles work out ok!
Old 10-23-2011, 09:18 PM

Okay. I did PT (Physical Therapy) for eight weeks, so I know some stuff.
Squats. I'm assuming you know what these are. I suggest 15 twice a day.
Try one-legged squats (against a wall). They really help with balance and also strengthen everything.
Okay, this one's a bit weird. Place three cones/dots/socks (whatever you want) in a triangle. Stand in the middle on one leg. Squat, keeping your back straight, and touch your other foot (the one you're not balancing on) to one of the cones. Go in a triangle. Don't turn around, just reach your foot.
Jump on trampolines. Hehe.
Consider doing some ballet?
Old 10-23-2011, 09:54 PM

Thanks Nemo8799 and EmmaR

Wall sits HURT. And I tried to do ballet once. Yeah, I have two left feet XD

thanks guys! YOu all rock!

Old 10-24-2011, 06:12 AM

Location: honestly I can't even think of a witty answer anymore this is tragic

I'll ask my mother for some - she knows these things. It's her job to 'know these things'. She's a physiotherapist.