Food .

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 06-08-2012, 09:47 PM

Sup y'all.

So, I have this friend. I've known her since the beginning of the school year (it just ended today). We've always been good friends, BUT: she really is starting to annoy me. Like... she's always being really pushy and then laughing about it. And plus, I don't know if I can trust her. Example: I told her who I liked, and NOT TO TELL ANYBODY. However, when I told, eh, Shelby we will call her, she said, "Oh, yeah, I know... [friend's name] told me ages ago."

*jaw drop*

I asked A (my "friend") if she had told her but she said no, and Shelby was lying. But why would she?! And my other friend, who we will call Abbey, has a huge crush on this guy who's always flirting with her and stuff. A likes him too. She told Abbey that she had talked to this guy on Facebook and he'd said that he would never be friends with Abbey, but when Abbey, heartbroken, asked him if he had, he said he never had. Also, she can be really mean for no apparent reason and always kind of... manipulates people, like me, into trying to do stuff for her because she's kind of poor and her parents won't drive her anywhere. I mean, the other day she was like, "Yeah, Gabi's...just UGLY - no I'm kidding, I luff you Gabi *dramatic hug*"...

This makes he sound like a horrible person, which she's not - I can have lots of fun with her and she is USUALLY really nice. I'm just trying to show how she CAN be.

Over the week, I want to invite Abbey, Shelby and another friend to the lake, but A's been wanting to hang out for ages and I'll probably feel bad leaving her out like that - but I also don't want to go to the lake with her, I just don't. What should I do?

-Douglas Adams
Old 06-08-2012, 10:00 PM
Caleigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabiDi View Post
Sup y'all.

So, I have this friend. I've known her since the beginning of the school year (it just ended today). We've always been good friends, BUT: she really is starting to annoy me. Like... she's always being really pushy and then laughing about it. And plus, I don't know if I can trust her. Example: I told her who I liked, and NOT TO TELL ANYBODY. However, when I told, eh, Shelby we will call her, she said, "Oh, yeah, I know... [friend's name] told me ages ago."

*jaw drop*

I asked A (my "friend") if she had told her but she said no, and Shelby was lying. But why would she?! And my other friend, who we will call Abbey, has a huge crush on this guy who's always flirting with her and stuff. A likes him too. She told Abbey that she had talked to this guy on Facebook and he'd said that he would never be friends with Abbey, but when Abbey, heartbroken, asked him if he had, he said he never had. Also, she can be really mean for no apparent reason and always kind of... manipulates people, like me, into trying to do stuff for her because she's kind of poor and her parents won't drive her anywhere. I mean, the other day she was like, "Yeah, Gabi's...just UGLY - no I'm kidding, I luff you Gabi *dramatic hug*"...

This makes he sound like a horrible person, which she's not - I can have lots of fun with her and she is USUALLY really nice. I'm just trying to show how she CAN be.

Over the week, I want to invite Abbey, Shelby and another friend to the lake, but A's been wanting to hang out for ages and I'll probably feel bad leaving her out like that - but I also don't want to go to the lake with her, I just don't. What should I do?

Ugh..I have a friend like that. -.- She makes me so mad. I guess all you can do is stick up for yourself, and tell her she's not funny. I hate it when people do that dramatic hug thing. I'm like, "You're obviously not joking. I'm not an idiot." But just stick up for yourself and your friends. She's obviously not worth it anyway, but if you still want to stay friends, try talking to her about it. If she goes all diva on you...I would ditch her.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:50 PM

Alright...

Church camp.

Quote:
For women, an outfit with a skirt or a full length dress, covering from collarbone to below the knee, with sleeves, and not form-fitting. Needless to say, fabric should be opaque.
That's what I got from an article on modesty in my church, but the thing is, it doesn't work at church camp. I usually do wear that stuff in church, but... I mean, I know that it's disrespectful to wear cutoffs to church, but maybe it's worse to show up in generally soaked skirts with mud and stains. And, come to think of it, it's more pleasant for me to wear damp shorts than to wear dripping skirts. You don't know how heavy those things get.

But anyway, yeah. e_e

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 06-25-2012, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict View Post
Alright...

Church camp.

That's what I got from an article on modesty in my church, but the thing is, it doesn't work at church camp. I usually do wear that stuff in church, but... I mean, I know that it's disrespectful to wear cutoffs to church, but maybe it's worse to show up in generally soaked skirts with mud and stains. And, come to think of it, it's more pleasant for me to wear damp shorts than to wear dripping skirts. You don't know how heavy those things get.

But anyway, yeah. e_e

You can't even wear jeans or anything?

-Douglas Adams
Old 06-25-2012, 09:56 PM

I don't know. At normal church, I'm not allowed to wear jeans. I don't know about church camp.

Oh, but I asked my mom and she said to just have a skirt on hand to slip on before church.

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 06-26-2012, 04:14 PM

When I go to Church (which is rare at the moment), I always wear either tracksuits or combat trousers. My priest doesn't mind. He thinks its a good expression of individuality. But I think he is mainly relieved I'm not wearing a dress or skirt. I look awful in them.
Being a geek is all about being honest about what you enjoy and not being afraid to demonstrate that affection. It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. Being a geek is extremely liberating.
~ Simon Pegg

┓┏ 凵 =╱⊿┌┬┐

TWO HEARTS AND TWENTY-SEVEN BRAINS.
Old 03-14-2015, 07:51 PM

hiiiiiii we need to get this up and running again.

*cough*

okay here goes

so I like this boy (cue groans from audience)
and well
I kind of think he likes me
but 1. I'm not allowed to date till I'm eighteen
and 2. we live in separate states because I moved to texas and he still lives in New Mexico

oh and

he has anxiety and an eating disorder which I only found out about after I moved, over the phone

so yeah

I'm considering expressing my feelings and hoping it's mutual

any ideas on if I should or how I should or anything

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n

- I Found, by Amber Run

Tags
advice, smile because you can