Quantcast Ah.. Some help needed here...About, well, Religion - Page 3 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Free advice
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2011, 10:32 AM

Camille, I don't hate you more than Hitler. Sometimes I can get super mad at you, but right now I'm not.

Atheism... I'm not sure if it makes me happy, but I'm not sure if God would make me happy either.

And yes, I know I have you peeps to turn to, but it's really not the same as turning to a real friend you know in real life, or something like God.

queer power, queer pride.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:44 AM

Default God LOVES you!!

Lily, GOD Absolutely LOVES YOU!! And he wants you to be REALLY happy!! Don't doubt it for ONE second, if you are not already a christian, then you should turn your heart to God RIGHT now!! I can give you examples... My sister had been praying for a phone for long. One day, our neighbor pitched up, and a just gave a phone to her. See? I'm telling the truth!! He loves you so much and he wants to give you life!! He died for you!!! My mom's friend prayed for 12 years, for a horse, and then, she got one, for FREE!!! Isn't that cool? Have you heard about Jesus dying on the cross for you? He really did!! Turn your heart to God, PLEASE!!! You know what, I live in a family of 11, and another on the way! But we have everything we need, and MORE!! God blesses us so much, it's scary. If you can get yourself, and your family to become Christians, then I PROMISE it will be much better, and remember to read your bible a lot!!
Hope this can help.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily View Post
The boy chose not to believe in God let's say because.. He was raised that way. There was no way he could become Christian without the disapproval of his family. But he still goes to Hell.

And, why is there only one God? Why not have several gods? What makes Him the all knowing-powerful person? Why does he deserve that?
If he wants God, God will come to him. You don't need to be baptised or even believe in God to go to heaven. You just have to be a good person, and believing in God really helps.

He deserves that because he is love. He is the spirit of love. Nothing can exist without love.

And, just my church's belief, though this is an irregular one, hell isn't a torture chamber. It isn't even anything physical. It's heaven, but seeing it in the wrong way. If you are evil, you go to heaven anyway, and you are stuck for eternity with someone that you hate and that you want to reject, God.

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run

Last edited by AlgebraAddict; 09-02-2011 at 10:56 AM.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Yeah, religion.

LJM, who's signature says she's basically atheist is asking about religion.

Okay, so, I read this book. Fiction, but, it got me thinking. Is there really a God? Will praying make me... Happy? Will believing in God make my problems seem.. Smaller? Less important?

Things are really hard for me right now, and my family is in chaos, and I'm just little sparks of confused emotion that just seem to make everything worse. My mom, my dad, and my bother don't believe in God, but... I'm not sure about myself.

Is God real?
And... can I trust Him to really love me, not say He does and then turn back on me? That's what I feel my family's doing to me and, I need somebody who really cares about me. Anyone. I don't care who at this point.
That is the pull of religion. That gravitational attraction that relieves your mind of all its tensions; it's easy. it's easy to think that your problems are bigger than they are and that someone in the clouds cares. It's easy to pretend that your life means something, when really you are just another ant on the sidewalk. It's easy.

But the question for YOU is, what do you want? What do you prize more, truth or happiness? If it is happiness, go ahead and believe with your heart, if it is truth, then reason with your brain.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:03 PM

Default :D

Well, I, myself am a Christian so...yeah. Most of my friends aren't Christians, so I'm kind of used to people saying, tthere's no God. And. OMG I don't believe in the crap but whatever.
I don't want to offend anybody, so don't take it personally ok:
God, won't force you to believe in him, he wants you to find him yourself, or let someone help you, I mean, if he wanted everyone to believe in him and everything, he WOULD believe me he would, but as a Christian, praying to him everyday in the morning does make me feel better about the day ahead. I always trust him as well, (I have experienced it, I mean, I think I have, but I'm sure of it).
So yeah. I can't really force you to believe in him, but if i were you, I'd read a bit of the Bible, YOU DON'T HAVE TO IF YOU DON'T WANT TO.
PLEASE!!!!!! Don't get me wrong, YOU DON'T HAVE TO, but I would, I forgot what part though.
>.<
Yeah, so, if I were you...I would try and pray, and see if it helps.
Oh, and listen to your conscious. That has helped me A LOT. Seriously, it did.
So, you decide. You..........decide.
Haha
Old 09-02-2011, 05:43 PM

So, Lily, I'd just try being a Christian for a while. It might help.

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 09-02-2011, 07:06 PM

Location: A pirate vessel, a Grecian paradise, a princess castle, a Victorian ball - anywhere romantic!

Stop trying to push Christianity on to her, guys. Back off. Seriously, it's incredibly rude and very tacky.
[Smiles, kisses Will, dramatic music, HAPPILY EVER AFTER (until they have to save the day again)!!!]

With inky love, Rose <3

CLICK HERE CLICK HERE CLICK HERE CLICK HERE
Old 09-02-2011, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Camille, I don't hate you more than Hitler. Sometimes I can get super mad at you, but right now I'm not.

Atheism... I'm not sure if it makes me happy, but I'm not sure if God would make me happy either.

And yes, I know I have you peeps to turn to, but it's really not the same as turning to a real friend you know in real life, or something like God.
You're young (no offense if that is offensive to you). You still have time to make friends.
Try.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosiePie07 View Post
Stop trying to push Christianity on to her, guys. Back off. Seriously, it's incredibly rude and very tacky.
I'm actually agreeing. Yes, I am a Christian, but having 10 trillion people begging her to try it isn't going to help. Here's my two cents (and probably some hypocrisy. :S)

Lily, it's really hard to explain, but there is a God, and he loves you. All the blessings in your life were given to you by a loving, living God, and he wants you to love him back. You don't have to go to a church or anything, you just have to talk to God with a simple prayer. For some people, that prayer is a prayer of confession, confessing that they have sinned and want to be forgiven and wiped clean. For others, it's a realization and a promise to love God & Jesus.

You don't have to tell us that you accepted God, or that you didn't. It's a personal decision. Following God isn't going to make your life all flowers and daises, but it will help you live a better life and have someone to turn to when times get hard.

No matter what you choose, God will love you forever. And that's a promise.

THAT'S ABSURD.
YOU'RE ABSURD.
Say that again.
YOU'RE ABSURD.
THAT'S ABSURD!

I wanna be at the House Cup Tournament.
I wanna be the Coolest Girl.
I wanna be a Starship Ranger.
I wanna be somebody's buddy.
But most of all, I wanna be at a Starkid concert!!
Old 09-02-2011, 09:37 PM

Location: A pirate vessel, a Grecian paradise, a princess castle, a Victorian ball - anywhere romantic!

.... In your opinion, of course. Because if not, you're not at all "actually agreeing".

... Just pointing that out....
[Smiles, kisses Will, dramatic music, HAPPILY EVER AFTER (until they have to save the day again)!!!]

With inky love, Rose <3

CLICK HERE CLICK HERE CLICK HERE CLICK HERE

Tags
i beg to differ, those schillings are mine