Quantcast Villans - Page 6 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home
Old 04-27-2014, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avbhabra View Post
Well, you could have one main antagonist behind it all, and he/she could be directing the other groups/antagonists. Or you could have two antagonists that don't know that there's another evil dude out there, which would make for an interesting story. All the problems should be related to one another in some way or form, so if Kristy is being held captive by someone (the main antagonist wouldn't be guarding her cell, realistically speaking) that the main antagonist could be ordering the sub-antagonist (the evil guy, but not as important. Like in Harry Potter: Voldemort = antagonist, Death Eaters = the people he orders around).

It depends on who you consider the antagonist. Like, you wouldn't consider the guard guarding her cell as an antagonist because he's just doing his job/duty. He's still evil because he's working for evil forces but he's just a secondary character. If the story would change dramatically without a character, then that character is important (protagonist, antagonist, foil, etc.). If the story changes mildly but it's not a huge deal, that that guy isn't really important.

It all depends on the situation. The description is a bit confusing but that's OK. You must be planning it very thoroughly.
Yeah, I get what you're saying. Thanks! I'm going to have to work on it. They're going to be related in a way, but not terribly, but there is a reason why all the trouble follows Kristy, but it won't be revealed for a while. Uhh, I don't know if I'm planning it thoroughly. I'm trying.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:47 PM

Location: Held captive by Loki while waiting for the Doctor who is solving a mystery with Sherlock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
Yeah, I get what you're saying. Thanks! I'm going to have to work on it. They're going to be related in a way, but not terribly, but there is a reason why all the trouble follows Kristy, but it won't be revealed for a while. Uhh, I don't know if I'm planning it thoroughly. I'm trying.
It's good to outline, though. I never used to outline and my story would just go to random places. I've started outlining and it helps a lot. You can foreshadow and add little things you couldn't do before. Your story sounds interesting, though!!

is not KNOWLEDGE
but i m a g i n a t i o n.
- Albert Einstein

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 04-27-2014, 08:58 PM

Quote:
It's good to outline, though. I never used to outline and my story would just go to random places. I've started outlining and it helps a lot. You can foreshadow and add little things you couldn't do before. Your story sounds interesting, though!!
Yeah, I've been outlining a little bit, should do more, though. Yeah, I recently started actually planning, because before I would just end because I wasn't sure what to do next. It does? Thanks! That's the one I asked you to read. Also, I'll try to get to the CC for your story as soon and possible.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Hey! Thank you soooo much for your help! I figured it out now!
Old 04-28-2014, 10:12 PM

Location: Held captive by Loki while waiting for the Doctor who is solving a mystery with Sherlock.

Quote:
Yeah, I've been outlining a little bit, should do more, though. Yeah, I recently started actually planning, because before I would just end because I wasn't sure what to do next. It does? Thanks! That's the one I asked you to read. Also, I'll try to get to the CC for your story as soon and possible.
That would be awesome!! I might need the link to your story again... because I may have lost it... *facepalm* Sorry.

Quote:
Hey! Thank you soooo much for your help! I figured it out now!
I'm glad you did!! And it was a pleasure to help. I love ranting about villains. They are just so cool in a way protagonists aren't really...

is not KNOWLEDGE
but i m a g i n a t i o n.
- Albert Einstein

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 04-29-2014, 11:19 PM

Quote:
That would be awesome!! I might need the link to your story again... because I may have lost it... *facepalm* Sorry.

I'm glad you did!! And it was a pleasure to help. I love ranting about villains. They are just so cool in a way protagonists aren't really...
Umm, I didn't give you a link because I fail at links. So, yeah, you should be able to find it in the search bar or in my track. Here, I'll go figure out where in my track it might be or general location. Okay, it's on the fourth part of my track. Then chapter one is connected to the prologue, so that'll be easy.

I'm glad you helped! I wouldn't have thought of that without your help. Well, if it did, it would've taken a good long time. Yeah, it was fun.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:21 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to saphiremoon

I think I have a crush on my villain's fiance. And the only reason she's the antagonist is because she wants him back (he's kinda dead) and her methods for getting him back aren't the most ethical. Some of her methods actually make the world a better place– they'd make the world the MCs live in, including her, a sort of utopia– but they oppose my protagonists' goals.
But I might be a little in love with her lover. Oops.
Old 05-01-2014, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphiremoon View Post
I think I have a crush on my villain's fiance. And the only reason she's the antagonist is because she wants him back (he's kinda dead) and her methods for getting him back aren't the most ethical. Some of her methods actually make the world a better place– they'd make the world the MCs live in, including her, a sort of utopia– but they oppose my protagonists' goals.
But I might be a little in love with her lover. Oops.
I should seriously go back to reading your book. I really, really like it, but then I didn't read it and then you got wayyy ahead of me and now I'm behind. But I should catch up.
Old 05-26-2014, 08:17 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to saphiremoon

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already, but when do you all introduce your antagonists? Mine's there pretty much from page one, but you don't realize she's the antagonist until the beginning of the third act (350 pages through ish). The one secondary character actually seems like more of the antagonist in the beginning, and even in the second book a little bit, though the characters think they can trust him (one protagonist more than the other).

What about you guys? When are your villains introduced?
Old 05-26-2014, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphiremoon View Post
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already, but when do you all introduce your antagonists? Mine's there pretty much from page one, but you don't realize she's the antagonist until the beginning of the third act (350 pages through ish). The one secondary character actually seems like more of the antagonist in the beginning, and even in the second book a little bit, though the characters think they can trust him (one protagonist more than the other).

What about you guys? When are your villains introduced?
It pretty much varies, but in one of my stories, it's still not clear. Usually it's from the second or third chapter, I guess.

Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be.
And what it wouldn't be, it would.
You see?"