Quantcast Showerthoughts - Page 19 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Free advice
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2017, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda View Post
Oo, nice~ (*cough* childrenaredemonspawns *cough*)
Did you ask him if he was related to the Malfoys?

damn, you should go to the pool more often, it sounds like you had a good time,
Hehe they're both really cute, Hazel is 3 and Heath is 1. So tiring though.
Ahhh my name is Heath's favorite word now and he runs around saying it in his cute baby speak and he's just adorable and he dances it's cute. Hazel throws tantrums a lot though :/
No, I did not. I generally try to avoid being too nerdy in my first meetings. It tends to ward non nerds off.

Yeah it was pretty fun. I got sunburnt all across my shoulders though, so that's not great. There were two fairly big slides and this 11 year old was scared to go down them so I talked him through it and I successfully made a friend! But then he left. Boo.
It would have been more fun if I didn't have to watch Hazel for most of the trip, but I still got plenty of solo swimming time so it was still fun!
And my cousin took me out for lunch today and we went to this amazing gluten free place. They even had gluten freechocolate cake. It was so goooood
Heh sorry I'll stop rambling about my trip. What have you been up to?
Old 08-30-2017, 02:03 PM

if you think enough, you'll realize that you have an immortality complex.

nobody ever expects to die. nobody does something dangerous and thinks 'I'm gonna die no matter what if this one slight thing goes wrong', they think 'if this goes wrong, but I do this, then I can survive. I'll be messed up, but I'll live', 'if something goes wrong maybe i'll be that once-in-a-million miracle case who survives'.

we go on the internet, or turn on the tv, and we see people who died doing regular everyday stuff, and then we turn around and do the same things without a second thought, because that couldn't happen to us, right? we couldn't die doing something so mundane, right?

we're so fragile but we don't realize it. we're so breakable but we act like we're made of steel.
Down and out and missing home

(So beat a little louder now
I can't hear you anymore)
-Barns Courntey
Old 04-22-2018, 02:30 AM

Pontification:

I'm finding it difficult to reconcile all the different parts of my personality in such a way that other people irl can understand it. It's much easier on the internet, where there's time to adjust details like tone and diction, and stuff like facial expressions are almost always totally eliminated. Plus, on the internet people tend to be more open. For instance, on the internet I can say I like to separate the most present or noticeable 'versions' of my personality into complete personas/roles that I can step into (sometimes without consciously deciding to), and these personas all have different names and clothing styles and so on, and it wouldn't be a big deal. But if I were to say that to, say, one of my closest friends, their reaction would probably be to treat it as me being Weird and Quirky(tm), like a joke that skipped a few steps on the way to being an inside joke-- it's almost funny but the context isn't all there.

So the problem then becomes; how does one layer these so-called 'versions' of personality, how does on meld them in such a way that changes between them is seen not as unstable or immature leaps between extremes (or leaps in general), but rather as a natural action or reaction that coincides with the rest of the persona as a whole. Basically, how do I be all of me to someone who knows none of me. The immediate solution seems to be to come up with a persona that mixes all of the 'versions' into something that works, which raises a few problems, such as how to balance style differences, and which persona should have the most weight on the impression I give people personality-wise. It also raises the question of whether, when all this image-building is said and done, will it be me, or will it only be an image.

-Barns Courntey
Old 05-16-2018, 11:51 PM

Do you ever get those moments of sudden clarity? Like most of the time your thoughts are jumbled and messy and you’re bursting at the seams, but then all of a sudden it’s just... gone? And you’re suddenly aware of every breath, thought, and beat of your heart and it’s miraculous and you realize you understand so much and so little but it’s okay, because in that moment you just are, no need for stress or worries or thinking, you’re in touch with the stars and your body and the world around you and it’s like you can feel life thrumming through your veins?
Sorry not really exactly a shower thought but I felt like blurbing and I didn’t know where to put it sooo
Old 05-17-2018, 01:33 PM

(please don't make any drama out of this im sick)

a few days ago in the shower i thought of why i think it's okay for me to not be a feminist. i have this friend who's like a rEALLY BIG feminist and im just like
"oof what if she finds out i'm not."

so i thought of a way i could explain to her.
i've been thinking down for the last like 9327487832 days what i could say to her like why i'm not because she's already suspicious and she freaks out at people who aren't and like girlll calm down.

she's that kind of person who doesn't accept different opinions and goes crazy at people who dont accept hers. it's confusing.

i shouldn't put what i wrote so far over here because i really worry about kp drama. so yeah that was my last showerthought.
Old 05-18-2018, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syafai View Post
(please don't make any drama out of this im sick)

a few days ago in the shower i thought of why i think it's okay for me to not be a feminist. i have this friend who's like a rEALLY BIG feminist and im just like
"oof what if she finds out i'm not."

so i thought of a way i could explain to her.
i've been thinking down for the last like 9327487832 days what i could say to her like why i'm not because she's already suspicious and she freaks out at people who aren't and like girlll calm down.

she's that kind of person who doesn't accept different opinions and goes crazy at people who dont accept hers. it's confusing.

i shouldn't put what i wrote so far over here because i really worry about kp drama. so yeah that was my last showerthought.
Aw, she doesn't seem like a very nice friend ;n;

But, i just wanted to point out that feminism is equalism. Like it literally is equalism by a different name, so..

-Barns Courntey
Old 05-18-2018, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steampunk View Post
Me: *slowly slides ginger into mouth*
Brain: what are you doing
Me: *tentatively begins to bite down*
Brain: What the fuck do you think you're doing?
Me: *continues*
Brain: Take that finger OUT OF YOUR MOUTH RIGHT NOW YOUNG LADY
Me: okay okay sheesh
Me: why don't you ever let me do fun things
:
Bringing this back because a min ago i did this:

Me: *thumb is soreish*
Me: *tries to pop thumb knuckle*
Thumb: *refuses to pop*
Me: *grabs whole thumb, wrenches it to the side behind fingers and starts to twist*
Brain, after observing me doing this for a min: woah.. wOAH HEY UR GONNA BREAK UR THUMB DAMN IT.
Me: *pauses*
Me: *blinks* *realizes brain is right*
Me: oh. *slowly releases thumb and returns to work*

-Barns Courntey
Old 12-29-2018, 05:51 PM

Okay I need this thread because I do 99% of my thinking in the shower or while I attempt to sleep

I just realized now

Someone replied to my 'no swearing' tag with 'yes swearing'

I made that tag when I was like 9 and my mom was concerned about y'all swearing it up her tbh

But go ahead, fricking swear it up

And bring this fricking thread fricking back
Old 01-11-2019, 03:44 PM

I SAID BRING THIS FRICKING THREAD FRICKiNG BACK

Tags
brains named themselves, iwasntsingingintheshower, justdontjudgeokaythanks, kwazy_k was here, luna was here, neo nazis suck ass, no swearing, nooo school, pepsi retro, protest, random thoughts, sexuality=\_(ツ)_/, shitposting, yes swearing