Quantcast Character Cafe NES *I know.... it's stupid* - Page 3 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Never Ending Stories
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2013, 09:08 PM

Holden put his hand on Rain's shoulder, and stared down the kid. "You know she could kill you by kissing you, right?" he retorted coldly.
Rain elbowed him in the ribs, and snapped, "Holden! That's a secret!" Sighing, she put the gun back in her belt, smiling at the people in front of them. "Hi, I'm Rain, and this is Holden." She gestured to Holden, and he waved. "We don't come here often. And sorry about pulling the gun on you; you just startled me. We come from Lena's War of the Gifted - that makes us a bit jumpy."

((death, white lies))
Old 06-02-2013, 09:14 PM

"Um, Grace has read your series while writing my story, so I've heard of you, and I'm not a mortal," Ribb said smugly. "Sophie and I are sceince advanced, and Rory is a mythological creature."
Sophie groaned. "I'm Sophie, from Struggle for Control, Rory's from MYTH, and Ribb's from The Island."
"Well, it's nice to meet you," Rain said.
Old 06-02-2013, 10:57 PM

A less-than-happy Sanna Sable stumbled out of her story and into the Character Cafe. She needed a nice, caffeinated coffee after a busy yet boring day. Not feeling very sociable at the moment, she avoided the big groups of characters, only to bump into a boy about her age.

"Oh...sorry," he said, apparently quite startled by her presence. His hair color was vaguely similar to hers, and his eyes were startling blue. "I'm Sotsona."

"Sanna."

(Gotta go, I'll finish later.)
they'd lead me to y o u
Old 06-02-2013, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graceterry View Post
"Um, Grace has read your series while writing my story, so I've heard of you, and I'm not a mortal," Ribb said smugly. "Sophie and I are sceince advanced, and Rory is a mythological creature."
Sophie groaned. "I'm Sophie, from Struggle for Control, Rory's from MYTH, and Ribb's from The Island."
"Well, it's nice to meet you," Rain said.
Holden smiled and shook hands with everyone. Then, feeling a need for something caffeinated and sugary that Kathryn wouldn't approve of, he excused himself to go order something. A pretty girl in a skirt that was way too short was at the counter, taking people's orders. Holden figured she was a spare character that someone had ended up not using.
And that's when he saw a face - a face that he felt like he knew, yet he couldn't place. (*Yes, I am pathetic. Someone come talk to Holden :P)

((death, white lies))
Old 06-02-2013, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena View Post
Holden smiled and shook hands with everyone. Then, feeling a need for something caffeinated and sugary that Kathryn wouldn't approve of, he excused himself to go order something. A pretty girl in a skirt that was way too short was at the counter, taking people's orders. Holden figured she was a spare character that someone had ended up not using.
And that's when he saw a face - a face that he felt like he knew, yet he couldn't place. (*Yes, I am pathetic. Someone come talk to Holden :P)
He looked friendly, and slightly lost, so September walked up to him. She smiled shyly. "Hi." Her cropped hair swung in her face and she unbuckled the collar of her trench coat. "I'm September."
greatly exaggerated.
-- Mark Twain
Old 06-02-2013, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soph-soph27 View Post
He looked friendly, and slightly lost, so September walked up to him. She smiled shyly. "Hi." Her cropped hair swung in her face and she unbuckled the collar of her trench coat. "I'm September."
Holden cleared his throat, self-consciously glancing down for a moment. When he looked back up, September still stood in front of him, not seeming too fazed by his obvious social awkwardness. He bobbed his head slightly and said, "It's, uh, nice to meet you. I'm Holden."

((death, white lies))
Old 06-02-2013, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Holden cleared his throat, self-consciously glancing down for a moment. When he looked back up, September still stood in front of him, not seeming too fazed by his obvious social awkwardness. He bobbed his head slightly and said, "It's, uh, nice to meet you. I'm Holden."
She was actually completely oblivious to his social awkwardness. September was drowning in shyness, and this boy seemed not to notice. "Nice to meet you- er- Holden. What book are you from?"
greatly exaggerated.
-- Mark Twain
Old 06-02-2013, 11:55 PM

Quote:
She was actually completely oblivious to his social awkwardness. September was drowning in shyness, and this boy seemed not to notice. "Nice to meet you- er- Holden. What book are you from?"
Holden scratched his head. "An awful one - War of the Gifted." He smiled cynically. "My author takes pleasure in torturing me."
Holden found himself glancing back at Rain, who looked very uncomfortable with the characters surrounding her. Then he looked back at September and added, "And you?"

((death, white lies))
Old 06-02-2013, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Holden scratched his head. "An awful one - War of the Gifted." He smiled cynically. "My author takes pleasure in torturing me."
Holden found himself glancing back at Rain, who looked very uncomfortable with the characters surrounding her. Then he looked back at September and added, "And you?"
"It's Cold Outside. Sophie appears to enjoy my company, though she did let my mother be raped. I feel lucky not to be dead." The general frankness in her tone seemed to startle her newfound companion. "It's Cold Outside is a strange murder mystery, but I haven't been killed yet. Honestly, Sophie lets us do it like a play, we're all actors. Our lives are less than less than real. The guy who's hunting me, he's in Miami right now."
greatly exaggerated.
-- Mark Twain
Old 06-03-2013, 12:06 AM

Quote:
"It's Cold Outside. Sophie appears to enjoy my company, though she did let my mother be raped. I feel lucky not to be dead." The general frankness in her tone seemed to startle her newfound companion. "It's Cold Outside is a strange murder mystery, but I haven't been killed yet. Honestly, Sophie lets us do it like a play, we're all actors. Our lives are less than less than real. The guy who's hunting me, he's in Miami right now."
"Ah." Holden nodded understandingly. Kathryn was always reading murder mysteries, and he knew how thick the plots could be. "The books I'm in are mostly fantasy weirdness. I really do think my author is crazy." He smiled half-heartedly. "But I also have a psychopath after me. Check one for the things in common list."

((death, white lies))

Tags
cooleoleleo!!! derp, evil authors >:), heheheheheheheheheh, i'dbeleftoutifijoined, kristina and sanna, lyall_areyel_was_here, my socks sing me songs, nes, never ending story, octopusologist, wow what happened