Quantcast Reminisce (a place to talk about all your kidpub memories) - Page 20 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Randomize
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2018, 03:01 AM

i just wanted to say how much kidpub influenced me. I think i joined this site when i was like twelve, and it's seen so much of me. i went through some of the worst and best periods of my life here, and i've learned so much from all of you. i grew more tolerant and more knowledgeable and a whole world was opened to me. i love you all and you and your writing has meant so much to me. now that i'm kind of moving on from the kid part of my life i just wanted to thank the website that gave me so much and was there for me when i couldn't share parts of myself anywhere else. much love.
[you don't have to remember me i'm just feeling nostalgic lol]
Old 04-27-2018, 03:14 AM

gonna jump on this train too:
kidpub made me who I am and I am not joking one bit. Every aspect with which I would define myself today is something kidpub nurtured and developed in me. writer? check. liberal? check. open minded? compassionate? queer? check check check.

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 04-27-2018, 10:29 AM

you guys i would have been sO sTuPid sO hOmOpHoBiC sO rOoD sO mEaN sO dUmB aNd jUsT sO iCkY sTiCkY if it weren't for yOU ALL I REMEMBER WHEN I WOULD SCREEEEEEEEEAAAAAAM AT GRAYSTORM FOR BEING AN ATHIEST AND ID SCREEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAM AT ELLIOT FOR BEING TRANS/GAY AND I WOULD SCREAAAAAAAAAAM AT LIKE 999999% OF U FOR BEING U AND I THANK GOD IM NOT LIKE THAT ANYMORE

OS THANK YOU KP FOR MAKING ME A WAYYYYYY BETTER PERSON
Old 05-05-2018, 04:32 PM

hi yes nobody remembers me but i just want to add my two cents

(also pLEASE ignore my signature i can't figure out how to change it lol)

so i joined kp when i was literally like eleven or twelve and ah it was a cringy time. i didn't do a whole lot of writing (besides my "poetry" phase) BUT i did learn so. much. about tolerance and honestly just being a kind human being. i live in a super white conservative christian bubble place and honestly if it wasn't for kp idk how i would've learned how to not be a homophobic racist piece of trash. so i thank you all for that (and for not actually murdering me when i was super active on here.. i'd just like to formally apologize for everything i ever said/did/posted. thank you and goodnight.)
Old 05-05-2018, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabes View Post

so i joined kp when i was literally like eleven or twelve and ah it was a cringy time. i didn't do a whole lot of writing (besides my "poetry" phase) BUT i did learn so. much. about tolerance and honestly just being a kind human being. i live in a super white conservative christian bubble place and honestly if it wasn't for kp idk how i would've learned how to not be a homophobic racist piece of trash. so i thank you all for that (and for not actually murdering me when i was super active on here.. i'd just like to formally apologize for everything i ever said/did/posted. thank you and goodnight.)

HEY i think i seen ur name

IM SUMAYYAH AND I JOINED 3 YEARS AGTER UUuU

andddddd

here iswhere u can change ur sigggg https://www.kidpub.com/forum3/profil...=editsignature

AND YEAH ME TOOOASKFKDAKN

so i grew up in an islamic environment aaand kp washed aaaaalllll the homophobia out of me

WOW ALREADY ONE THING IN COMMON AND I DONT EVEN KNOW YOU HI WELCOME BACK
Old 05-05-2018, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabes View Post

i remember you. it's nice to see you active on here again
Old 05-06-2018, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syafai View Post
you guys i would have been sO sTuPid sO hOmOpHoBiC sO rOoD sO mEaN sO dUmB aNd jUsT sO iCkY sTiCkY if it weren't for yOU ALL I REMEMBER WHEN I WOULD SCREEEEEEEEEAAAAAAM AT GRAYSTORM FOR BEING AN ATHIEST AND ID SCREEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAM AT ELLIOT FOR BEING TRANS/GAY AND I WOULD SCREAAAAAAAAAAM AT LIKE 999999% OF U FOR BEING U AND I THANK GOD IM NOT LIKE THAT ANYMORE

same same same same

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 05-07-2018, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syafai View Post

I really love that KP is a place for this kind of learning. The world should be more like KP.
Old 05-07-2018, 12:23 PM

KP was such a huge part of my childhood wow... ironically it was this site that taught me that writing wasn't really my thing, lol. But it was an amazing community for me to learn how to be a decent person, so thanks for that I guess �� I spent so much time on here when I was like 12-14 and now that I'm 18 and packing to move out to college, I found a box of all the stuff I wrote and posted on KP... makes me nostalgic I guess lol
Old 05-08-2018, 07:41 PM

It's kinda sad to see KP getting less and less active. Personally, I don't write much anymore (even tho I want to - I find that I settle for easier tasks like watching netflix or drawing...), but even if I did I think I've outgrown it. Obviously that's just for me, and I'm nowhere near the oldest member here (I'm turning 17 this year, and graduating high school the month after). This place taught me that friends don't have to be face to face. I'm so thankful for everyone here, without you guys I would still be a miserable depressed shit who didn't care about himself. But KP is definitely one of the foundational parts of myself, if that makes sense, in that I learned how to care. Not just about others, but myself. I mean, I wouldn't have questioned my gender until the past year probably, even if there was always a "that's wrong" feeling there.

Like, I've changed so much between 2012 and now. I came out to my parents, and while my dad isn't so supportive, my mum is (and she's the one I live with so she matters more tbh). I found a new family of friends and the best boyfriend I could ever hope for. I still struggle but I know how to help myself now. This is just a big ramble, but basically, thank you KP for helping me be myself.

Tags
cat squared is otp, classical cat, kayla was here, memories :'(, nilent <3, nostalgia