Quantcast Summer Murder Mystery NES - Page 4 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Never Ending Stories
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2019, 05:40 PM

Default Charlotte // starting post

Charlotte sighed as she waited for Jonah to pick her up from her house to go the lakehouse that her family sometimes used as a summer house. This year they had finally let Charlotte go with her friends (and friends of friends, and a few random kids from school, she couldn’t remember exactly who had heard about it). Whatever.

She sat on the front porch of her pristine, and quite large, house, her chin in her hands and her bag next to her. Charlotte was not what one would call patient.

will i ever be more than i've always been

tap, tap, tapping on the glass

Waving through a window
Old 04-16-2019, 06:56 PM

Alisha stared out of the window miserably. They were heading to Charlotte's house to pick her up to go to her lake house. Jonah was happily listening to music on the radio. We love the same music, but he wasn't going to listen to it when she was around because she didn't like it because she's oh so special. She tried to pay more attention to her book, but something was nagging at her.`She thought about Phoebe, her best friend. She understood. They liked the same things, and could sit silently together for hours and talk for the same amount of time. Phoebe was one of the few people Alisha regarded as okay. It wasn't that she was shy. She just didn't like people.

Jonah swerved the wheel and they landed in front of Charlotte's house. He got out and went up to say hi. Alisha stayed in the car, poor thing. She was unwilling to go, which he didn't understand. But she didn't like anything. He still loved her, and wished she got along with his girlfriend better. Charlotte was waiting for him, looking quite impatient.
"Hey! My sister's in the front seat, but I could get her to move if you'd like to sit next to me."
Old 04-16-2019, 07:14 PM

“Jonahhh!” Charlotte exclaimed happily, standing up and giving him a quick kiss on the lips in lieu of a hello. “I would love it if I could sit next to you as long as Alisha doesn’t mind.” She smiled, grabbing her bag. “We need to put this in the trunk first though.”

Waving through a window
Old 04-16-2019, 07:28 PM

Jonah put Charlotte's bag next to his sister's and his own in the truck bed. He gave Alisha a pleading look and she trudged out of the vehicle into the back seat. Loading in Charlotte's bag, they hopped in the car and started the long drive.

Alisha had fallen asleep. She wasn't sure for how long, but when she woke up, Jonah and Charlotte were chatting it up like they were the siblings. She couldn't help feeling slightly jealous. Her phone still had no responses from Phoebe, to whom she had complained for about forty minutes about how it wasn't fair and how she didn't want to go and ugh. But nothing she could do now, we were halfway there.

(Are we picking other ppls up or will they supply their own ride? I'm okay with picking up Joss and your other character that I forget the name of if you'd like but I have limited room, Jonah drives a pickup, so only two more seats for whoever wants them or we can just go seperately)

Last edited by Werty; 04-16-2019 at 07:29 PM. Reason: .............................................................................................................................
Old 04-16-2019, 07:35 PM

(How about they pick up Joss and Chloe then? They can be friends with Jonah if you want)

Charlotte nodded her head to the music, smiling. She kept glancing at Jonah, putting her hand in the perfect spot for him to take. She was hoping he got the hint as she continued to talk to him. She had worn red lipstick today, her signature color, and wondered if Jonah noticed. She loved wearing red lipstick; it made her feel powerful and pretty.

Everything about this trip seemed perfect and rosy from here. Sure, drama was bound to happen, but Charlotte was good at dealing with drama. Being the source of the drama a lot did come with its perks. Besides, she had the best-looking and sweetest boyfriend, who should just take the hint already and hold her hand.

“Aren’t we picking up Josh and Cleo?” Charlotte asked, not caring whether that was actually their names or not.

Waving through a window

Last edited by FrostBittenKitten; 04-16-2019 at 08:26 PM.
Old 04-16-2019, 08:42 PM

Jonah laughed.
"Joss and Chloe. And yeah, Chloe's house is right around this bend, and Joss is waiting there as well." He noticed Charlotte wanted his hand, so he took it. He took a split second to look at the backseat and check in on his sister. Alisha flashed him a thumbs up, but she didn't look like it. Pulling in at Chloe's driveway, Jonah offered Charlotte to come out and greet them with him.
Old 04-16-2019, 08:46 PM

Charlotte didn’t particularly care for Joss and Chloe, thinking they were kind of dorky and weird, but it was a good way to keep holding Jonah’s hand, so she went along with it. “Sure.”

Chloe was standing on her driveway with a bag slung over her shoulder and hair in a messy bun. Joss was next to her with a suitcase next to him. They both looked up from their phones when they saw Jonah arrive. Chloe beamed And Joss smiled, though in a much less perky manner.

Waving through a window
Old 04-16-2019, 08:59 PM

As Jonah, Charlotte, and the two other people Alisha didn't care to remember the names for made their way over to the truck, Alisha straightened and slipped her earbuds in to avoid small talk. Of course, that didn't work, and soon both of them were talking to her at once.
Old 04-16-2019, 09:09 PM

"Hi!" Chloe chirped. "I'm Chloe, and you must be Alisha, Jonah's sister!"

"I'm Joss," Joss added, before going back to reading the book he had brought with him.

"He's not the best at meeting new people," Chloe said with a smile. "Joss is a bit shy."

"I'm not shy," Joss said without looking up from his book. Chloe giggled.

"Right, you're introverted," Chloe agreed. "Either way, he's not one for small talk."

Waving through a window
Old 04-16-2019, 09:12 PM

Alisha nodded and pulled out an earbud.

"I can relate." She waited for a moment, then realized that sounded rude. "Sorry... I'm just... not one for small talk either." She flashed both of them a forced smile and went back to her music. After a little while, it got a bit awkward. "What are you reading?" she asked Joss.

(I have a feeling these two are going to get along)

Tags
fun times, join this, kayla was here, luna was here, murder mystery