Quantcast What is KidMud? - Page 3 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > KidPub Stuff > KidMUD
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2009, 09:53 PM

Location: Stalking in the silence; listening to your tortured dreams.

oh that's right. I should have guessed anyway I'm not huge with the genus and familys of birds. But I do know species.

We lie best when we lie to ourselves. ~ It; Stephen King.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwara View Post
everyone I know You've answered. I just wanted Perry's interpretation.
KidMUD is a little hard to explain. It's a bit of a role-playing game, but all you have to go by is text, there are no graphics. Also, because all players have the ability to create new things, it is constantly growing and changing. It's a community that is built by the community.

It is a place where you have complete freedom to roam around, explore, build, and talk to whoever happens to be around. You can be anything you want...an elf, a rock, a human...the only limit is your imagination.

Back when we first started KidMUD (around 1996 or so) there really weren't many interactive games around, and none of them had any sort of graphics. The MUD/MOO itself came out of games like Adventure and Rogue which were completely text based. These days, of course, everyone wants fancy flashy graphics, but I've always thought that the imagination provided a better playing environment.

The current version of KidMUD is, as I recall, its third incarnation, the previous two worlds having been destroyed by major battles. Of the three, the second incarnation was probably the most active...it had at least two newspapers, currency, a subway system, and a thriving trade-based economy. It was also the one that caused the most strife, when a small group of powerful players was confronted by a group of angry citizens...the ensuing battle completely destroyed KM and even threatened to take down the Wizard, who at one point was trapped in a bubble of other-time.

I'm not sure why KidMUD always ends in destruction. I will say that so far I haven't seen any sign of unrest in KM3.

That probably doesn't explain what KidMUD is...you really just have to experience it to understand, I think.

Perry
Old 05-27-2009, 10:57 PM

Location: Stalking in the silence; listening to your tortured dreams.

Thanks Perry. So, are you a character that can actually run around on a screen or do you just write? That's the only part I fully don't understand.

We lie best when we lie to ourselves. ~ It; Stephen King.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:24 PM

Send a message via AIM to Danish621 Send a message via Yahoo to Danish621

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwara View Post
Thanks Perry. So, are you a character that can actually run around on a screen or do you just write? That's the only part I fully don't understand.
No. It's all text.

Have a grape day.