Quantcast Cherry and Jessica's Co-write Thread! - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Story Ideas
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2014, 12:39 AM

Default Cherry and Jessica's Co-write Thread!

Hey, Cherrybomb! Here's our co-writing thread I promised you I would post. Shall we start planning?
Old 01-11-2014, 11:13 AM

Yay, you made the thread! ^u^ Yes, let's do that.

So first off, do you have any ideas for how the story should start off? :3 I understand the basic plot line, so. (although you still need to tell me about the twist you thought up. XD)
finally
free

or is this
just a prettier
cage?
Old 01-11-2014, 01:43 PM

Well, the story could start in maybe that other world and show what happened kinda, but not tell everything, so that the reader is left with a mystery and want to know what it's talking about. Like it could show the evil warlord guy attacking, the castle being captured, and the royal family and others being banished. But it won't tell where they got banished to, or that they have powers or magic, or anything like that. It will just tell enough to get the point across, but not let the reader know enough to really know what's going on.

The twist I thought up? Well, I'm not sure I told you about a twist for this book, I did tell you I had thought up one for a different book, but I did think up this one for this book and I think it might be good, I hope.
One of the people living in the valley, also with the secret, disappeared. Everyone thinks he, she, died. He, or she, found a way into the other world. He was found by the bad guy in charge and convinced to work for him. He could either be on that guy's side the whole book, be on that guy's side and then help the kids, or pretend to go back to their side, then betray them, getting them into a trap or something. But for all three of those, the kids wouldn't realize who he was at first. Then they would realize who he was, he would continue to fight against them, or he would suddenly realize he should be helping his friends and family, or he would tell them who he was and they would trust him and then at the last critical moment he would betray them. I hope you could understand that jumble.

So to answer some of your questions on the email:
Yes, they are descended from this group of people, some were the royal family, some were nobles on the side of the royal family, there were others, but all the people who got banished posed a threat to the evil warlord guy taking over the land. They look like regular humans, in our world, in their world they look like regular humans except I was thinking that they would have wings. So they look like fairies, just cooler and human sized.
They have powers in their world, in our world they keep only a few powers, such as talking to animals and understanding animals. And I like your idea of having things that each of them only have. It could be like a side effect of being in our world, since they're supposed to be in their world.
I don't think it would work for them to marry humans from our world. They have to keep the secret of their powers safe from everyone. It would probably be hard to tell humans about it and have to explain why they have it, whether themselves don't know why they have it. I mean it might work, but I don't know. We'll have to think about that.

I hope you understood all that jumble I wrote.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:17 PM

/stares at above post/ ...wow. You've really thought this out, haven't you. :D

Hmm, yeah, that would probably work. We could do it from the bad dude's perspective, or switch between the royal family, maybe. Come to think of it, we should probably also find a name for this bad guy. XD But yeah, I think that would work. ^u^

Oooh, that sounds awesome. :D I like how he/she would like a double agent (sortof) by pretending to help them, but actually being on the dark side. I also like this idea you said "he would tell them who he was and they would trust him and then at the last critical moment he would betray them". So maybe we can go from there? (and don't worry, I understand. xD)

Yes, wings FTW! XD Yay, I'm glad my idea works. ^u^
Yeah, I see what you mean about the marriage thing. Although I think it would be possible, maybe if they were both really eccentric so it was just accepted. xD Besides, the main characters are generations down from the original banished people, so it's possible they (the people with powers) might have spread out and don't really know who's one of them or not. :3 Otherwise, they'd just go extinct if they didn't know who had powers or not. D:
finally
free

or is this
just a prettier
cage?
Old 01-11-2014, 03:30 PM

Yeah, I guess I have thought it out. It turns out the story was planned more than I thought.

Yay! It could be a prologue maybe?

Oh, I'm glad you like that idea! We could have the readers believing that he's on their side and then he betrays them and they're in a trap or something! Is it bad that I think that would be a lot of fun? Yeah, he would disappear in the early chapters and everyone would be sad, and then the kids would be happy because they found him and he was acting like he was on their side, but then he betrays them. We could have some chapters where he acts weird and suspicious and then he disappears!

I'm glad you like the wings idea! They can get to the other world and they see that they have wings and they'll just be like, what's going on? Why do we have wings? How do we have wings?" It'll be fun!

Yeah, the marriage could work, if the person doesn't get too easily weirded out by odd things like people talking to animals and things like that. . Though it might make it difficult if we do have everyone captured and studied, because some of them wouldn't have the powers. Yeah, they might have spread out unless we just have them live in their little valley, all of them, because they don't want anyone to find out about their powers.

So I was thinking, we have a few possibilities for the main characters. One could be in the group of kids getting into the other world, one could be in the group of people captured and studied (and they could plan a way to escape), one could be someone living in the other world, and one could be in the castle of the bad guy (yeah, I agree, he needs a name), but that person wouldn't be bad. They could be good and start a rebellion of sorts and help the kids.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:15 PM

Yep, I think it'd work best as a prologue. ^u^

Hahah, no, I think that it would be fun to write too. xD Although I feel bad for the characters, the poor things. Ooh, that sounds good!
So maybe in the beginning chapters he's not exactly mentioned much specifically, but it'll be assumed that they know him when they find him, and maybe they can have a flashback or something to explain? Or do you want to do it so that he's mentioned in the beginning chapters and then he disappears, and all that? :3

If I was them, I'd probably be all sad that I wouldn't have wings on earth. xD Yay, wings!

Oh yeah, so do you want them to be kindof secluded, in their own place? Although that would be difficult, if it was in this modern age. (speaking of which, when is the story set? modern times, medieval times, or what?) Or are we going to make them spread out?
~
I think we can do multiple point of views, so we can write about what's happening at different places. I wouldn't want to do too many POVs though, since it would get confusing to the readers (and probably me, haha)

How about if we stick with one of the kids in the group, one of the kids that's been captured, and one that's in the other world? So three POVs in total, although that's just my suggestion. What do you think/?

Also, the main charrie in the other world could be the betrayer we were talking about, or someone(like a rebel or something) in the bad guy's castle, or just someone in the world somewhere.
finally
free

or is this
just a prettier
cage?
Old 01-11-2014, 05:56 PM

Yeah, I do feel bad for the characters too. (First sign that there's hope you is if you feel bad for your characters, right? (: )

I like that! He'll be mentioned a little, and then they can be around him for a little while in the other world before they recognize him, then they can recognize him, have the flashback of maybe the day he disappeared, and then he can come over to their side, betray them, and they fall into a trap. Poor characters.

Yeah, I'd be sad, but they don't know that they should have wings, so they're shocked when they get to the other world.

They could be secluded, like far off in the mountains or something. I was thinking modern times, because the other world would be the medieval times, and so it'd be different. But if you want it to be different we could. Ooh, we could have it be medieval times in our world, then the other world can be futuristic! What do you think? Having the other world be futuristic would be a fun twist, because most other worlds in books are medieval so ours could be different. What do you think?

We could do three, but we could also do four, so then we would each have two POVs to keep track of. Definitely one of the kids in the group, one that's captured, and one in the other world, which by the way, needs a name besides "the other world" because that's already taken. So if you want to do two for each of us, we would need one more. The one in the other world could meet the kids and help them.

Hmm, I have a possible idea for another main character. Even if it isn't used for a main character, I think I could be used in the story. I had this idea for these people, about a foot or so high, that fly, but just to be different they could fly without wings, and they could have powers also. They could be mischievous and play tricks on the larger people. And they could guard something, like some powerful stone that could help the kids. One of those little people could be one of the main characters. Just a thought. Tell me what you think!
Old 01-11-2014, 06:17 PM

Yep, poor characters. /laughs evilly/ >8D

Okay. :D Oooh, that's be pretty unexpected if it were to be medieval-ish times in this world and in the other world it would be modern. For some reason it makes me think of aliens, ahaha. xD Although I don't think it would work with the story, since some of them are going to be captured and studied by scientists, right? So it'd be a bit strange if there were scientists in the medieval times.

Ahh, good point! I didn't think of that. >u< So that's be one of the kids in the group, one that's captured, and one in the other world that helps them...maybe we can do the betrayer as well? Since even though he's technically a bad guy, he needs to have some reason and all that, so it'd be good to write about that.

That's a cool idea. :D Kindof like pixies. xD Well like I said above, we could do the betrayer as the fourth POV, but maybe there could be a secondary main character that's one of those mischievous flyers. :3 Or we could cancel out the betrayer altogether and use the fourth POV as the pixie-creature instead. Which one do you think is better?
finally
free

or is this
just a prettier
cage?
Old 01-11-2014, 08:00 PM

*Joins you in laughing evilly* do you think our characters will suffer too much with both of us writing?

Yeah, I didn't think that it wouldn't work with the scientists. Hmm, wait, I know! How about it's modern in our world, then futuristic in the other world? That would be unexpected!

How about we do the betrayer as the secondary main character? We don't want him to be main and our readers get too attached to him, since probably something bad will happen to him eventually. He could be the secondary main, because he has to be in it quite a bit, but not as much as our main characters. Then we could use the pixie type thingy as the fourth POV, because personally I think the pixie would be a fun main character. That's just what I think. What's your opinion?

So we now officially need a name for the other world, the bad guy, and the betrayer. Names, names, names, hmmm... *wanders off muttering to myself*
Old 01-11-2014, 09:57 PM

Probably. XD

I'm not sure. For now, I'm fine with this world being modern and the other world being futuristic, as long as it's not extremely futuristic. For instance, say it's like thirty years ahead, so they have new technology and all that stuff, but nothing too outrageous. Is that all right?

Well, I thought it would be cool to have a bad guy as one of the main characters, since it adds some variety, but I see what you mean. :c So maybe we could do one of the kids in the group, one that's captured, the betrayer, and the pixie? So the kid in the other world that helps them wouldn't be included. Or not, that's just my suggestion.

Ahh, names, names. I hate finding names since I always get worked up over names I feel don't fit. xD
finally
free

or is this
just a prettier
cage?

Tags
our awesome co-write, zoltair