Quantcast OFFICIAL POLITICAL VENTING STATION (No fights, please!) - Page 6 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > US Elections
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2011, 10:36 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to lvhamsters

No offense to anybodies who likes him, but obama is and obamantation and he's a freak. HE BELiEVES IN ABORTION!! What de heck is wrong with him!!! I agree, he doesn't deserve another term.

When we were young we used to say

That you only hear the music when your hearts begin to break

Now we are the kids from yesterday
Old 05-11-2011, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowtide View Post
The main reasons I'm strongly against Barack Obama as president are his views on abortion, gay marriage, etc.
Other than that, though, I think the health care bill was extremely stupid and ineffective. And I think Obama needs to actually do something about the national debt that the US is sinking deeper and deeper into every day. I think he cares too much about what people think about him, rather than what's actually best for our country.

I don't really know or care whether he was born in Hawaii or not. I think he was. But I really don't know.
And I agree with Haley; I think a lot of people just voted for him because he is black, so they could say they aren't racist. Other people voted for him because he does have a brilliant talent at speaking, and he made them think that he'd make the US's problems go away. Those people are realizing their mistakes now.
OMPJ! I AGREE WITH YOU EVERY SINGLE WORD!!!!!!!!! y
Old 05-11-2011, 06:36 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to earthshiphelen

Oh. this is for the states?? awwwww. I'm from Canada.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:55 PM

Location: In fourth year at Hogwarts, going on epic adventures at night with Harry, Ron, and Hermione.

Canada?? Really? Wow, that's really cool! How is it in Canada? Cold? Haha, no, but do you really like it a lot??

be L oyal O bedient V irtuous E ncouraging

Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him who gives me strength."

MUSIC can . . .
Give you hope . . .
Make you believe . . .
Heal your heart . . .
Touch your soul . . .
And never leave your mind . . .
~ Mallori Sparke
Old 05-11-2011, 08:50 PM

(Yay, debate... )

I, for one, am one the side of abortion. It sounds inhumane, but the main percentage of girls only get it because they are teenagers who made a dumb mistake and got pregnant. Now, think about this:

You are a teenager (let's say you're 17) on your last year of high school, or maybe trying to get into a college. You have huge studies and tests, you're stressed about your life, your boyfriend has no or money to support a wife and child and has probably broken up with you (or you haven't even told him), and if your parents knew you were pregnant, they would probably disinherit you. What are you supposed to do?

Naturally, the best option at the time is to peacefully eliminite your child through a few pills. Your baby is not even consious yet. So...?

I am not saying that abortion is the right thing to do, but for most girls, it is the easiest accessible option. You can get back to your life, get pregnant on your OWN terms. Thus, I do agree with Obama on this, but not on his gay marriage opposition.

-Douglas Adams
Old 05-11-2011, 09:27 PM

Wow. I do not agree.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:24 AM

Really? On what points? When the woman is grown up and able to take care of herself and a baby, I hate abortion. It doesn't matter whether or not your husband/boyfriend wants a baby: You have the access, you're a mom. That's it. But with teenagers, I reluctantly agree with it.

-Douglas Adams
Old 05-12-2011, 02:23 AM

There's a discussion, sort of, going on about abortion here: http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthr...p?t=28&page=12

The thing is, it's absolutely terrible if you're a teenage girl, going through that. But I think it's a matter of choosing the lesser evil. If she chooses to abort her baby, she's choosing the way which seems easiest. But. Scientifically, that child is conscious. He is just as fully human as he will be after he's born. And he can feel pain. There have been studies done, showing just how aware preborn babies are. Even though it's so, so, hard for the mother, that still doesn't give her the right to kill her baby.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:19 AM

Location: A pirate vessel, a Grecian paradise, a princess castle, a Victorian ball - anywhere romantic!

Scientific studies can prove or disprove whatever you want them to. Have you ever watched the TV on a news channel and during a commercial a newscaster will come and say something like, "At ten, how coffee may be killing you!" Then then next day they say, "At ten, how coffee can cure cancer!" This happened to me literally yesterday. I'm just saying that you can't say something is true JUST because science proved it.
And I think that it would be highly upleasent and and ridiculous to be conscious with out your lungs fully developed, once they start kicking and stuff, then I believe they're conscious but not when they're in the stages that are the time when you get an abortion.
But here's the thing: it's a moral option I don't think the government has any right to take away, just like gay marriage. It's an etical thing. And if YOU don't want to get an abortion, don't get one. Just like if YOU don't want gay marriage, don't marry someone of your same sex. It's none of the government's business to control something like that.
I agree with Gabi. If you're a teenager who made some stupid mistake, or if you're raped and it wasn't even your fault, I believe you shouldn't have to live with it for the rest of your life, it's not fair to you and frankly, it's not fair to your child. They would be living with a parent who's not ready for them, it would create one huge mess.
And just for the record, I would not get an abortion if I got pregnant as a teen, I would use adoption because if I can't kill a fruit fly, I'm sure I'd be depressed for the rest of my life to go through something like that. No one gets abortions without tears and heartbreak, it's not murder because there's so much remorse for it. It's hard, but it should always be an option.
[Smiles, kisses Will, dramatic music, HAPPILY EVER AFTER (until they have to save the day again)!!!]

With inky love, Rose <3

CLICK HERE CLICK HERE CLICK HERE CLICK HERE
Old 05-12-2011, 09:50 AM

Rosie! Did you see my reply, when you said like what do you say to this: 'And I think it's hard to be a president', or something like that.... Didya see both of my replies?

Tags
anarchy, assassinate pence too, assassinate trump, fuck trump, how did this happen, i hate conservatives, i hate liberals, i hate you all, kp + politics = fights, nilentoneverythread, popular vote anyone???, rip america, stop complaining, summer breeze, summer breeze?!, yes we are