Quantcast Dog Column: Delilah the Dog-food Eater, Dog-food Theif - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > And Now, the News...
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2008, 10:29 PM

Default Dog Column: Delilah the Dog-food Eater, Dog-food Theif

Ah! I wrote Delilah as the title of this! Her real name is Denali.

Okay, so my grandparents are leaving today, New Year's Eve, right? Anyway, Denali the all-white, ocean-blue eyed husky, my mom, my sister, and I are walking down our rocky and long driveway to wave good-bye to them. Well, Denali absolutely LOVES dog food, human food, ANY food. So, earlier she had stuck her head down the dog-food bin, and my sister and I could hardly get her out. Eventually, we did. After we got her out of it, we snapped the leash on her collar. Then, my mom basically DRAGGED her outside. We followed my dad, grandpa, and grandma down the road...
As soon as they had turned the corner, Denali and I ran down the our tiny driveway. She bolted like a thunder-struck horse. Denali was running too fast, so as I slid across the ice (it had snowed three feet where I live), the white dog pulled my large glove off. She hadn't really pulled it off, I had my hand through the loop in the leash, and from the glove being big, it went with the sprinting Denali. Denali ran down the driveway and to the glass door. I had hardly caught up with her when she changed her mind and ran up the hill to the fence.
Luckily, when I reached the bottom of the hill, I was able to call Denali to me with her obey as she shot down the hill. I was almost bowled over... My sister opened the door, and of course, Denali ran STRAIGHT to the dog-food bin. She knew how to open it. Ugh! But at least the time I was able to get her out of it...
Then the mailman came about an hour later. My mom went to grab the box from the mailman, while putting Lola, (our other dog) and Denali in the "multi-purpose room." Denali, you've guessed it, scrambled to the dog food, opened the bin, stuck her head inside, along with her shoulders, and knocked the container over. I had had a jug of water set on top of it, but Denali knocked it over and it spilled. Finally, my mom came to help me force the insanely hungry dog out of the food. To think she had already eaten breakfast...
Denali howled at my mom for a few minutes, whining for dog-food. I merely grunted. Dogs, dogs... DOGS! I hoped you enjoyed reading this,
Hol'

Last edited by writingcats; 03-15-2009 at 12:32 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:32 PM

Smile

This story makes me laugh! **giggles**
Old 01-19-2009, 01:36 AM

Smile

Oh yeah, and it's true! LOL I know, my dog, whose real name is Denali, (I used pen names for no reason) goes INSANE when it comes to feeding time. Actually, it takes her 26 seconds to eat one cup of dog food! Anyway, she REALLY loves food, whether or not it's human or dog food.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:34 PM

Smile Denali the Dog Food Theif UPDATE!

Finally, my dad figured out a way to feed our little rascal without her going as insane as she used to. She was just Overzealous Beyond Belief.

The definition of Insane used to be: My dog, Denali. So, my dad figured out that he would just bring Denali downstairs with him and feed her there. It's so much quieter now. *sigh of relief* Yay!