Quantcast kidpub newspaper - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > And Now, the News...
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2009, 10:14 AM

Default kidpub newspaper

so this is were we (Angels newspaper) will post are articles.

Lacey: Karen, I'm glad you're here. Look, we need to talk about the book club.
Karen Pelly: I thought the first rule of book club was, you don't talk about book club.
Lacey: That's fight club.
Karen Pelly: How do you know about fight club?
Old 02-18-2009, 01:15 PM

Post Yeah

yeah.It will be. So yep. Here is where you post it.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:45 PM

Post Holly

Holly actually you could do animals. If that's okay. . .

Last edited by Angel; 04-21-2009 at 11:56 PM.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:08 PM

Thumbs up Oh yeah, that's fine.

Okay, I'll get right on the animals article. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel View Post
Holly actully you could do animals. If that's okay. . .
Old 03-03-2009, 10:19 PM

Post Fashion

Fashion
I looked up fashion & found this website http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fashion. I’m focusing on one person this week. Miley Cyrus. As you might know Miley will be doing a Hannah Montana movie. Some people have heard her new songs from her new album “Breakout.” Some of which are Breakout, Girls Just Want To Have Fun, Wake Up America, These Four Walls, and more. I just got the CD today & I couldn’t stop listening to it. Miley has lots of style whether she’s Hannah or Miley. In her music video “7 Things” she wore a purplish/pinkish top under a colorful dress. Her hair was curling and had the cutest shoes!
In some of her Hannah Montana music video’s she wear’s colorful & bright clothes. Sometimes Hannah will wear jackets with dresses. Miley once wore a beautiful red dress with her hair up in curls, with ruby red lipstick. If you ask me Miley does up have the best of both worlds! Speaking of best of both worlds, her best of both worlds tour was a hit! In the music video Rockstar Miley wore black leggings with a striped glittery black and sliver top/dress. When she did the song Start All Over for the tour, she wore her hair in curls. She had a plain white tank top with a gold circle belt & a black glittery vest. She also wore black pants & white boots.
For more info on Miley Cyrus, go to http://www.mileycyrus.com/. Some of this info might not be exactly right.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:21 PM

Sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyy! I couldn't wait!
Quote:
Originally Posted by writingcats View Post
Okay, I'll get right on the animals article. Thanks!
Old 03-05-2009, 09:31 AM

Default Games

The board game review

The board game review for today is balderdash you guessed it it’s about bluffing!! You see balderdash is not just a game of questions and answers. It’s a bluffing game. Players try to bluff each other by creating phony definitions for some of the zaniest, most unbelievable words in English language. Players are awarded points for bluffing as well as for choosing the correct meaning. Great game check it out.(you can use a dictionary or you can buy the balderdash cards) *

Also great game to play at recess grounders!!!!!!! All you need to play this game is lots of kids and the play ground equipment. Ok this is how you play after you find out who is it he must try to tag someone. He can open his eyes when he is on the ground but not when he is on the equipment also if someone goes on the ground the person it can yell grounders and if you are still on the ground when he yells then you are it!!

Lacey: Karen, I'm glad you're here. Look, we need to talk about the book club.
Karen Pelly: I thought the first rule of book club was, you don't talk about book club.
Lacey: That's fight club.
Karen Pelly: How do you know about fight club?
Old 03-06-2009, 11:11 PM

Exclamation

Ah! Sorry I haven't posted my article yet! I'm almost there...I'm featuring two animals and haven't got back to it for a while. I'll post it tonight or tomorrow! SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-13-2009, 10:54 PM

Thumbs down

Oh my gosh! I had written two perfect articles on Persian cats and Wiener dogs! I think my dad or mom deleted them but now I can't find them! I'm so sorry guys! I'll start writing a different one!
Old 03-13-2009, 11:41 PM

Lightbulb I finished my article!

Dog: Beagle
Cat: Siamese

Enjoy! By the way, this article is made purposely so that maybe one of you viewers will adopt one of these breeds. Remember, there are a lot of wonderful animals in the world, but some may never get the chance to have a good life. Others have been abused, and need to get on a road to recovery. So, no matter what you do, try to help. Everything and anything can help. :^)

Beagles

Beagles are dogs, whose size ranges from small to medium. They originate from England, and are a member or breed of the Hound Group. It has shorter legs than a “Foxhound” and has longer and softer ears than this different yet similar breed. Beagles are scent hounds, meaning that they were “developed” mainly for tracking game, such as rabbit and hare. These beautiful dogs have a brilliant sense of smell. Beagles are popular pets because of their temper, size, and lack of health problems. Many of you have heard of “Snoopy,” who is a beagle that stars in “Peanuts.” Above, I mentioned that beagles originated from England. The modern breed was enlarged in Britain around the 1830’s from many breeds, including the North Country Beagle, the Southern Hound, and more. The colors of a beagle range from black, white, orange, and sometimes brown.

Siamese

The Siamese cat is believed to have originated from Southeast Asia, and is one of the most common and popular cat breeds. They are graceful animals, like all cats, and live 15 to 20 years. However, it would not be odd if a Siamese lived longer than 20 years. A modern Siamese had a narrow head, had thin legs, long tails, and huge ears. This was originally what a Siamese looked like, and can be known as the “traditional” look. Siamese cats are intelligent, caring, and enjoy being with their human family. They are extremely vocal and will often demand attention. Many times, a Siamese will bond with a single person. Siamese cats have blue eyes (most do, at least…) and either blackish-brownish and white fur, or brown and white fur.

Last edited by writingcats; 03-14-2009 at 10:16 AM.