Quantcast Support Bullying! - Page 10 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > And Now, the News...
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2012, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaR View Post
I still laugh at the phrasing of this thread title. Funny every time.
But seriously, bullying sucks. I'm not going to give context to this situation, because it's too hard to explain where I was or what I was doing, but here goes.
(all fake names) One of my friends gets bullied a lot by his friends. Not for just one thing, for a lot of things. Being Jewish, being short, hanging around girls, not talking about people behind their backs, his taste in music, and, worst of all, he gets called gay all the time. It doesn't make sense; he's actually had 6 girlfriends (a lot for a 13 year old) and doesn't indicate any attraction to the same sex. I didn't know this until about 5 days into our trip (don't ask, can't explain), and once I found out, I began to notice slight, surreptitious animosity. Now, there are a couple boys who don't tease him, but there are a couple who do. I started to slowly take action. Any time anyone used gay in a derogatory manner, said something offensive, objectified a girl, said something sexist, or just was mean, I would hit them with my book, slap them upside the head, or kick them in the shin, no matter what I was doing, where I was in relation to them, or who was around. I once ran all the way across a field to slap someone because I heard them say "fag", and they didn't mean a cigarette. And it worked. I noticed a severe decrease in derogatory comments, especially from one boy, who was the worst offender. It's like training a dog.
Now, I don't recommend that you do this in particular, but I was just saying that there are ways to stop bullying if you can hold your head high and stick up for your friends.

The Pavlov theory? And that is awesome that you do that, I'm proud of you.
(That sounded weird.)

-Douglas Adams

Tags
bullying ruins a life, cyberbullying, darn it. i pooped. -_-', failtitlexd, grow a pair pansy, hey bully!supportforu! xd, i pee my pants*o*, i vote 2 suport bullyin!, let's stop bullying, lolz lets support bullies, nice thread title!, no bad ideas, no cyberbullying either!!, poo gives me nightmares, really? i burped, red bull energy drink, stupid people r fun!, u cant fix stupid, y'all are being mean -_-