Quantcast Cold Blooded Killers - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > And Now, the News...
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2012, 10:06 PM

Send a message via MSN to Sandy
Default Cold Blooded Killers

So, what do you guys think about the Tori Stafford case? Anders Behring Breivik (spelling?), Norweigian mass murderer? Luka Magnotta and the INTERPOL search for him? It seems like there's a new killer every time I turn on the news. o_o
What do you guys think about them?

(*Has a feeling that I'll be the only one posting on this thread... ;_;*)
Old 06-06-2012, 10:19 PM

Default I should have warned you guys

(cont'd) ... that since this is a thread about killers it could probably get gory/depressing at times... o_o Sorry

I checked Wikipedia on ANder Behring Breivek (crap, can't spell it right) and it said that a group of psychologists and a psychiatrist diagnosed him as narcissistic paranoid schizophrenic who was psychotic at the time he committed the murders... which were more or less an act of xenophobia due to the increasing Islamic emigration rates from Egypt, Libya, Syria, etc. (If anyone doesn't know this guy at all, let me know and I'll tell you)
Here's a picture of him, in case you guys have seen him on the news (*coughincaseyouhaven'tturnedonyourTVinforever*)

Now, because our news channel is really good and keeps us updated on Luka Magnotta (very recent guy who popped up... there was this big scrap with a gore site that he was a member of which I won't get into; in short he mailed body parts through Canada Post to Stephen Harper and some governmental offices, fled the country; INTERPOL became involved and he was eventually found in Germany (...fast) in a cafe searching himself on his laptop. Now there body parts being mailed to schools in BC and police think it's a copycat killer, but perhaps he mailed them before he went to Germany...?) I've been checking out the pictures of him...

... noticing his expression and the care he puts into his appearance, and then my dad told me some stuff about him...
-relatives believe he's mentally ill
-he has this weird thing where he'll make up a self-glorifying lie about himself and tell it to himself enough times that he'll actually believe it and it will become part of him

His appearance, these things, the fact that he filmed that killing to post on the gore site, the lovely mail he sent to not just anyone but the PM, and how he was able to get past the RISKS of searching himself in public just to see what was going on about him screams extreme narcissism to me... does anyone agree?
Old 06-06-2012, 10:31 PM

There's a lot of psychology behind these killers.. I've studied a lot of it in my free time. XD Whenever I'm free in class, I go on wikipedia.com and start surfing serial killer psychology, narcissism, psychopathism, famous murders, etc. Most psychopaths are extremely narcissistic, which would be that Luka Magnotta. As for the Stafford case, it's just cruel.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:55 AM

I usually research about other things (i.e. cutting, for some reason), but I searched for Tori Stafford just now. She's EIGHT...poor kid.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:19 AM

An interesting thing to read is the New York Times magazine article about psychopathic kids (or callous and unemotional). It's really freaky but really fascinating.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:43 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to chelseki3

There are some child killers. Some of them killed people for a reason, but others, they just killed for fun. >_<
Old 06-07-2012, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nngo View Post
There's a lot of psychology behind these killers.. I've studied a lot of it in my free time. XD Whenever I'm free in class, I go on wikipedia.com and start surfing serial killer psychology, narcissism, psychopathism, famous murders, etc. Most psychopaths are extremely narcissistic, which would be that Luka Magnotta. As for the Stafford case, it's just cruel.
Same. XD I already know a wide spectrum of mental illnesses (much wider than the people at school, who think bipolar disorder operates on a second-to-second time span and don't really care enough to get to know the mania, hypomania, etc...>_>)
I think the Stafford case may have the two adults being morons having something to do with it. (Moron=a person with an IQ below 50 or 60 or something.) Or just mindlessly evil.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelseki3 View Post
There are some child killers. Some of them killed people for a reason, but others, they just killed for fun. >_<
Does anyone remember that one 11-year-old boy who killed one or both of his step parents? I think he had like a step mom or something and killed her...
Old 06-07-2012, 06:35 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to chelseki3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
Does anyone remember that one 11-year-old boy who killed one or both of his step parents? I think he had like a step mom or something and killed her...
O_o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQj1S0lcP64
Old 06-07-2012, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
That's psychopathy. There was also this abused little six year old girl who calmly explained to her interviewer exactly how she wanted her parents and bother to die, and how she would kill them, and how she would abuse her little brother. O.O