Quantcast Modern Racism? - Page 14 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home
Old 01-09-2014, 02:23 AM

Location: honestly I can't even think of a witty answer anymore this is tragic

There are no such stereotypes in my school. Though there is a joke in one year where this guy makes Muslim jokes to Hindus and Sikhs to wind them up (not out of meanness, but for a laugh). People just take the mickey regardless of race.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebecca View Post
There are no such stereotypes in my school. Though there is a joke in one year where this guy makes Muslim jokes to Hindus and Sikhs to wind them up (not out of meanness, but for a laugh). People just take the mickey regardless of race.
It's also apparently weird that I'm Indian and atheist because everyone assumes I'm Hindu and makes jokes about that. I can ignore those.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:44 PM

At my school there are a a few racist people. For the most part it's okay, but some of the jokes seem like they're taking things a bit far, idk.

-relatable post #234
Old 01-24-2014, 07:46 PM

Location: Held captive by Loki while waiting for the Doctor who is solving a mystery with Sherlock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arin View Post
At my school there are a a few racist people. For the most part it's okay, but some of the jokes seem like they're taking things a bit far, idk.
Same. It's funny to a certain extent. After that, it just becomes offensive.

is not KNOWLEDGE
but i m a g i n a t i o n.
- Albert Einstein

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 01-24-2014, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avbhabra View Post
Same. It's funny to a certain extent. After that, it just becomes offensive.
yep pretty much

-relatable post #234
Old 01-24-2014, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arin View Post
Same here. Except they're rarely funny to me, even if they're not directed at Indians. But then again, I don't laugh at most jokes, so...
Old 01-25-2014, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
It's also apparently weird that I'm Indian and atheist because everyone assumes I'm Hindu and makes jokes about that. I can ignore those.

ick I hate how your ethnicity is supposed to determine your religion

The problem with me is that I do everything associated with white girls and then I also do everything not associated with them

I'm just everything

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 01-25-2014, 02:42 PM

Location: honestly I can't even think of a witty answer anymore this is tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict View Post
ick I hate how your ethnicity is supposed to determine your religion

The problem with me is that I do everything associated with white girls and then I also do everything not associated with them

I'm just everything
I don't see why people care about race.
The only place race matters is in Middle Earth, and even then the elves and the dwarves could be a little nicer to one another.
Old 01-26-2014, 02:40 PM

I find it annoying how at school whenever someone makes a couple up that they think would look good to together, it's always a white guy and a white girl, or an indian guy and an indian girl, or a chinese guy and a chinese girl, etc. etc.

i post what my nipples want (leaving this here to show just how long it's been since I got on, holy crap.)
Old 01-26-2014, 03:20 PM

Send a message via MSN to Sandy

Okay, so a couple years ago I made a really really ignorant post on this thread and it's been gnawing at me for a really long time, and I still can't believe no one called me out on it. I deleted it, I think, but someone quoted it and it's kind of stuck here and looking back, I really, really want to apologize. Basically it was me supporting the concept of "reverse racism" and implying that whatever race was the minority in any situation could be discriminated against--I used to think that reverse racism was real but I now know that it's definitely not, and I was wrong, and I want to apologize to anyone who was offended by it. I'm really, really sorry, I hate that I used to say stuff like that and even though I was younger and uneducated that doesn't make it okay or excuse my actions and I still don't forgive myself. I really need to write this out and actually formally apologize and I hope that anyone who looks at or has seen that post can also take this apology into mind. Again, I'm really really sorry and I regret everything about that super gross post. Like I can't even begin to describe what actual trash that post is and I'm so, so sorry.
For a really long time I wanted to just forget that I ever made that post (and for a while I actually did) but I really can't let it go without saying something about it, and I know that post was literally scum and I was literally scum when I was writing it. I just need to apologize for it and to anyone it affected at some point before I leave this site in the inevitable future--again, I'm so, so sorry, and I understand that sorry isn't good enough. I guess I can be a little proud of how far I've come from being a scummy ignorant kid on the internet who knew nothing about anything. Again, I want to apologize--nothing like that will ever come from my mouth ever, ever again.

Last edited by Sandy; 01-26-2014 at 03:20 PM. Reason: i literally want to throw my past self down a staircase i am so sorry