Quantcast The Gulf Of Mexico Oil Spill - Page 2 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > And Now, the News...
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2010, 01:22 AM

Location: a place where we wear hats on our feet, shoes on out heads and hamburgers eat people. No joke.

I heard about it on the news over here. i wish i could help out at all?
P.S. how do you get a sig on kp?
Old 06-25-2010, 05:41 AM

Unhappy Sad stuff...

It is really sad. So many animals are going to die...and the ecosystems! The coral reefs and seaweed beds, many of them are probably damaged! In fact, with all those birds and creatures dying, it may effect the food chain...And the food chain effects everyone! It would be wonderful if we just found a substitute for oil- one that was both environmentally green, safe, and risk-free.

P.S. (to AgencyMagic) You can get a sig on KP by going to your "my account" page, clicking on "edit", then scrolling down to the box that says "signature". Hope I helped!
Old 06-25-2010, 07:38 AM

Yeah it's terrible, we get it on our news and it's big news. It is sad really sad. BTW the 2012 thing, they said the world was going to end in 2000 and what do you know? we are still here. But also a heads up, the Hubble telescope will be returning to earth in 2012 so lets hope it lands in an ocean or something.

terribly off topic, terrible disaster.

Silence is golden, Duct tape is silver.

All you umpires, back to the bleachers. Referees hit the showers. It's my game. I pitch, I hit, I catch. I run the bases. At sunset I've won or lost. At sunrise I'm out again, giving it the old try.
And no one can help me. Not even you ~ Ray Bradbury
Old 06-25-2010, 08:04 AM

If you think about it, it would almost be easier for the world to end in 2012. Because if it doesn't, we'll be stuck having to clean up this whole mess. That being said, I don't really think it'll happen.

And this oil spill thing? If we don't get it capped, it will take 40 years until it even starts to mend. FORTY YEARS. That's a whole lifetime for some people.

Everyone needs to just stop blaming each other and work together to fix this. Who CARES whose fault it is? What's done is done. What we do care about is making the problem go away.

Two sayings come to mind whenever I think about this mess:

"Everytime you point a finger three fingers point back."

"A house divided against itself cannot stand."
Old 06-25-2010, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabiDi View Post
This is totally off subject, but I LOVE your signature! "Is it BIIG??" LOL. Sorry. Really, though, I don't believe in 2012, but it's still a little scary.
Thanks and neither do I, just thought that I might as well include that tidbit, since this IS about as close as we're going to get to destroying the planet in one fell swoop.

What I'm happy to say is that BP will DEFINETLY go bankrupt after this, because THEY are paying for the big fixes so by the time they DO fix it they will be totally bankrupt. So there is still justice in this world.
"YEAH I CAN SEE THAT." ~Neina and I

SPFTW
SkulduggeryPleasantForTheWin
Old 06-25-2010, 12:59 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shayok

BP won't go. The American government can't afford to do that...BP has way too many government deals. At the most, they'll have to pay a big penalty. But BP won't go.
The ecosystem's finished over there for probably like 20 years now.
-Basho Matsuo, Japanese haiku poet
Old 06-25-2010, 02:49 PM

Location: Stalking in the silence; listening to your tortured dreams.

Meeehhhh....

enough said.

We lie best when we lie to ourselves. ~ It; Stephen King.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:19 PM

Location: A pirate vessel, a Grecian paradise, a princess castle, a Victorian ball - anywhere romantic!

Yeah, um, yeah, BP, just, uh, yeah. BLAH!!! They're annoying the crap out of me with their "incredible speech making skills". And jeez Shayok, no need to be so ridiculously negitive.
[Smiles, kisses Will, dramatic music, HAPPILY EVER AFTER (until they have to save the day again)!!!]

With inky love, Rose <3

CLICK HERE CLICK HERE CLICK HERE CLICK HERE
Old 06-25-2010, 06:36 PM

OMG that POOR bird. I adore birds and nature and that's just D*** wrong.

-Douglas Adams
Old 06-25-2010, 07:36 PM

Location: a place where we wear hats on our feet, shoes on out heads and hamburgers eat people. No joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorcupineGal View Post
It is really sad. So many animals are going to die...and the ecosystems! The coral reefs and seaweed beds, many of them are probably damaged! In fact, with all those birds and creatures dying, it may effect the food chain...And the food chain effects everyone! It would be wonderful if we just found a substitute for oil- one that was both environmentally green, safe, and risk-free.

P.S. (to AgencyMagic) You can get a sig on KP by going to your "my account" page, clicking on "edit", then scrolling down to the box that says "signature". Hope I helped!
I know it's horrible. Over in oz (aka Australia) we have had this large neculer explosion what killed like over 100 millioln people and most of them children. They could of fixed it.
The oil spill is just the start on what humanity can do. Sometimes, i wondereventually what we will do in ten years. cutting down tree's is like cutting down people! and Electricity. My dad charges me fifty cents for leaving lights on. one light=50 cents. Television or computer=1 dollar.

But still. Oh thanks for the info about my Sig.

If God is for us, then who can be against us? -- Romans 8:31

"I collect words, put them together and create something amazing. Through me, words can rise and walk, as they have always been in my heart. Some people may not get it, but I am a word weaver." -- Me