Quantcast AZ Immigration Law - Page 3 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > And Now, the News...
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2010, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily View Post
Sure.

Do you want to pick up the trash? Most American's don't. So most are MEXICANS. My trash people are MEXICANS. My friend's trash people are MEXICANS! It seems like everyone I know has at least two MEXICAN trash people.

Jobs like that. Maids for hotels. In the last hotel I went to most of them where Mexican Maids.

The low-paying hared jobs are what they're willing to do because it's better the Mexico.

And have you ever heard of the drug wars in Mexico? And the people who have nothing to do with it come across seeking a better life. But, the ones with drugs should be sent back. I agree with that.

I have seen Americans doing those jobs lots, in fact I have never seen any Mexicans doing those jobs,and you should watch dirty jobs most of the people on that show are Americans

Lacey: Karen, I'm glad you're here. Look, we need to talk about the book club.
Karen Pelly: I thought the first rule of book club was, you don't talk about book club.
Lacey: That's fight club.
Karen Pelly: How do you know about fight club?
Old 07-28-2010, 02:22 PM

Location: A pirate vessel, a Grecian paradise, a princess castle, a Victorian ball - anywhere romantic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shayok View Post
The law isn't exactly exemplary (no where near it) but I wouldn't say it's unconstitutional. We have enough immigrants in the states that we're running out of jobs for them to do now, so the job issue doesn't really count. They are illegal, after all, what's the American government to do? Give 'em a cookie and say 'oh I feel so bad for you, please stay in our country and mooch off the taxes that we have to pay?' It's unfair for many, but kindness and the individual doesn't necessarily go hand in hand with law and the country as a whole.
Hey. This is ello.rach. I can't log on for some reason, so I'm using Rosie's.
I have to agree with Shayok. I'm not sure exactly my views on this law, as it seems like not all the facts are being revealed to me. Anyone wish to give me both sides of the story? And what EXACTLY is the law?
[Smiles, kisses Will, dramatic music, HAPPILY EVER AFTER (until they have to save the day again)!!!]

With inky love, Rose <3

CLICK HERE CLICK HERE CLICK HERE CLICK HERE
Old 07-29-2010, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shayok View Post
The law isn't exactly exemplary (no where near it) but I wouldn't say it's unconstitutional. We have enough immigrants in the states that we're running out of jobs for them to do now, so the job issue doesn't really count. They are illegal, after all, what's the American government to do? Give 'em a cookie and say 'oh I feel so bad for you, please stay in our country and mooch off the taxes that we have to pay?' It's unfair for many, but kindness and the individual doesn't necessarily go hand in hand with law and the country as a whole.
Actually, Shayok, it's unconstitutional because they are targeting Hispanic looking people, which is racist. They wouldn't question a Caucasian because there aren't very many of them in Mexico and South America. I'm sorry if I sound annoying.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shayok

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosiePie07 View Post
I have to agree with Shayok. I'm not sure exactly my views on this law, as it seems like not all the facts are being revealed to me. Anyone wish to give me both sides of the story? And what EXACTLY is the law?
Well the law basically is that they can profile Hispanic-looking people (as wildwolf said) and check their background and everything to see if they're illegal or not. The part everyone's calling racist is that it's only Hispanics, no one else.
-Basho Matsuo, Japanese haiku poet
Old 07-30-2010, 01:04 AM

So they can pretty much stop anyone on the street and check their info?
That's not really fair.....................Poor people.
"Days turned into weeks, weeks turned into months. And then, one not-so-very special day, I went to my typewriter, I sat down, and I wrote our story. A story about a time, a story about a place, a story about the people. But above all things, a story about love. A love that will live forever. The End." ~Moulin Rouge

R.C. + H.M. + D.R. Forever!!!!
The game.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:39 PM

Yup. I want to slap the governor of AZ.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosiePie07 View Post
*You've got to log off on the main site AND WB before you can switch accounts.*

Psst....Read Ascending. It's in my track.
and the best part? It's by my best friend, Rose.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:09 PM

Location: A pirate vessel, a Grecian paradise, a princess castle, a Victorian ball - anywhere romantic!

*We did that, hun, but it simply hates us. *

I hate this law.

Nuff said.
[Smiles, kisses Will, dramatic music, HAPPILY EVER AFTER (until they have to save the day again)!!!]

With inky love, Rose <3

CLICK HERE CLICK HERE CLICK HERE CLICK HERE
Old 08-13-2010, 07:46 PM

Okay. After about two weeks I've calmed down. Take deep breaths... Oh and Jack, I do watch dirty jobs.

queer power, queer pride.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:20 PM

The law is awful. End of story.