Quantcast The OTP Thread of Shippy Shipping - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Randomize
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2013, 11:01 PM

Talking The OTP Thread of Shippy Shipping

I searched around, and I found, to my dismay and utter shock, that there is NO OTP THREAD! So, I resolved to make one. This is basically just a thread where you can squee over the couples you ship. Not a game, no rules, not a debate or discussion, just pure fangirl/fanboy-ing.

Definitions, anyone?

OTP-noun: OTP stands for "One True Pairing", which basically means your favorite combination of characters in a work of fiction. It could be in a movie, a TV show, a book, a musical, a play, anything. Even though the name is "one" true pairing, most people have various OTPs.

Ship-verb: To endorse a romantic pairing in a work of fiction, whether it be canon (in the actual story) or not.

Canon-adjective: Kind of another word for official. Used to differentiate between fan fiction and the original storyline. Can also be used to claim that a pairing is obvious (also called a headcanon, which is when it's not blatantly promoted in the show but one thinks that the pairing is obvious, as with Finny and Gene in A Separate Peace or Neville and Luna in Harry Potter) or promoted in the work of fiction itself.

Crack-adjective: A completely weird pairing that doesn't make sense or is at total odds with the original work of fiction. Usually intended to be humorous or random, but could also be a legitimate shipped pairing that is just never suggested in the story or promoted against in the story.

LET THE SHIPPING COMMENCE ON THE OTP THREAD OF SHIPPY SHIPPING!
Old 01-01-2013, 11:05 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to MaggieMay

I have three, but one is in my friend's book, and the other is in my own book, and the only one I have that others would actually know is Max and Fang from Maximum Ride. But I do think they do end up together in the end...
Old 01-01-2013, 11:07 PM

YES HOLY JFC THIS IS MY THREAD THANKYOOOUu
Old 01-01-2013, 11:11 PM

Ships-
Frerard (Frank+Gerard, MCR)
Frikey (Frank+Mikey, MCR)
Bradam (Brad+Adam, 3DG)
Neidam (Neil+Adam, 3DG)
Phan (AmazingPhil+danisnotonfire, Youtubers)
Drarry (Draco+Harry, HP)

OTP's-
Frerard
Frikey
Bradam
Phan

my OTP OTP, you know that one OTP-
I CANT DECIDE
it's tough between Frerard and Frikey...
guise im really sorry but... if it was one...
*le gasp*
It'd be Frikey.

I KNOW RIGHT OKAY DONT HURT ME
Old 01-01-2013, 11:13 PM

EMMA JUST
LET ME LOVE YOU OKAY
this is the best thread ever now

-Douglas Adams
Old 01-01-2013, 11:16 PM

lIKE, okay, so I love Frerard, definitely, but I like Frikey a lot more, just because there's something... I don't know. Because Mikey to me, seems really quiet and shy and soft and then there's this spunky, energetic little Frank. It's just something that goes well in fanfiction, like they both really need each other.

With Frerard, Gerard is usually this sarcastic, talkative character and Frank is this spunky, energetic, loud kind of character and it's... I don't know... it's not as a save-me-and-i'll-save-you kind of relationship like with Frikey. Like yes, Frank and Gee both need each other very much but with Frikey, it's because Mikey is just really kind of broken and quiet and fragile.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:16 PM

AND YES ALL MY SHIPS ARE GAY OKAY LIKE STRAIGHT SHIPS?! There are seriously STRAIGHT ships?! oh okay wow thats so strange.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily09 View Post
lIKE, okay, so I love Frerard, definitely, but I like Frikey a lot more, just because there's something... I don't know. Because Mikey to me, seems really quiet and shy and soft and then there's this spunky, energetic little Frank. It's just something that goes well in fanfiction, like they both really need each other.

With Frerard, Gerard is usually this sarcastic, talkative character and Frank is this spunky, energetic, loud kind of character and it's... I don't know... it's not as a save-me-and-i'll-save-you kind of relationship like with Frikey. Like yes, Frank and Gee both need each other very much but with Frikey, it's because Mikey is just really kind of broken and quiet and fragile.
Quote:
Ships-
Frerard (Frank+Gerard, MCR)
Frikey (Frank+Mikey, MCR)
Bradam (Brad+Adam, 3DG)
Neidam (Neil+Adam, 3DG)
Phan (AmazingPhil+danisnotonfire, Youtubers)
Drarry (Draco+Harry, HP)

OTP's-
Frerard
Frikey
Bradam
Phan

my OTP OTP, you know that one OTP-
I CANT DECIDE
it's tough between Frerard and Frikey...
guise im really sorry but... if it was one...
*le gasp*
It'd be Frikey.

I KNOW RIGHT OKAY DONT HURT ME
and oh my gosh, I'm never going to shut up on this thread, jfc, just wait until I get to the season where Cas comes in, GUISE WHEN I SHIP DESTIEL THEN OMFG
Old 01-01-2013, 11:19 PM

OH MY GOSH, you know those fanfictions with cool plots but horrible writing and grammar and you just want to stab yourself BECAUSE IT WOULD HAVE BEEN SO VERY GOOD IF the person could just WRITE.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:19 PM

Quote:
and oh my gosh, I'm never going to shut up on this thread, jfc, just wait until I get to the season where Cas comes in, GUISE WHEN I SHIP DESTIEL THEN OMFG
DESTIEL IS HEADCANON LILY JUST
JUST
SWEET JESUS

Although there are a few straight ships I support. Especially from Doctor Who.

-Douglas Adams

Tags
chriscolfer+heather=<3, destiel ftw! c:, destiel is forever, doctor + rose, emma x chair, flaming mangoes, frikey!!!, gwen5evar, gwen6eva, jiper and pason!!!, jon+ygritte!, kellic, lilaacinfinityever, lilaagwen, lol and travarah! xd, lyall_areyel_was_here, meerkatxmeerkatjunior <3, my socks sing me songs, natimir ftw!!, rumbelle<3, sassy, the otp 5evr, travitchell max added, where is the chicken, y u no kiss already? -_-