Quantcast That awkward moment when... - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Randomize
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2011, 09:57 PM

Talking That awkward moment when...

So, this is, like, a thread where you can post "that awkward moment". They're really hard to describe, so here's an example.
That awkward moment when you're describing something you think is funny and nobody laughs.
or
That awkward moment when you're with your friend and s/he's texting on his/her cellphone.
It's really fun! Please join!
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What the hell are these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!" -Cave Johnson
Code:
#Basil 2016
Old 07-26-2011, 10:25 PM

So like we just say some awkward moment?
Old 07-26-2011, 11:11 PM

Location: In my own little world, but that's okay, they know me there

That awkward moment when a guy waves at you, and you wave back, but he actually is waving at someone behind you. O_o
And miles to go before I sleep.

~Robert Frost
"Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening"
Old 07-26-2011, 11:16 PM

Location: Stalking in the silence; listening to your tortured dreams.

That awkward moment when you're walking with your friend and then they stop to talk to someone they know and you don't know whether or not to stop. Or even better when your walking with your friend and they're talking to some other friend that they know.

We lie best when we lie to ourselves. ~ It; Stephen King.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:52 PM

Kiwara, that's happened to me...

That awkward moment when I realize I'm endlessly talking about my bands and no one in my family knows who on earth they are. :3

-Douglas Adams
Old 07-26-2011, 11:54 PM

That awkward moment when You think someone is yelling at you but it turns out they are yelling at someone behind you.

Lacey: Karen, I'm glad you're here. Look, we need to talk about the book club.
Karen Pelly: I thought the first rule of book club was, you don't talk about book club.
Lacey: That's fight club.
Karen Pelly: How do you know about fight club?
Old 07-27-2011, 12:03 AM

Location: Stalking in the silence; listening to your tortured dreams.

Yep happened to me too. Cheesed me off, it did.

That moment when I'm talking about a subject at school and my parents have no idea what I'm talking about.

We lie best when we lie to ourselves. ~ It; Stephen King.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:59 AM

That awkward moment when you're playing a song (that you really like) for your friend and they hate it.

That awkward moment when you have to give mouth to mouth (rescue breathing) to a CPR dummy. I did that today! It's actually way more fun than it seems, but the patient would be dead because I was cracking up too hard to deliver the breaths properly!
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What the hell are these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!" -Cave Johnson
Code:
#Basil 2016
Old 07-27-2011, 11:23 AM

That awkward moment when you say something and everyone in the room is listening but then they all turn around to talk to the person next to them so you slowly stop talking but then that one nice person is still listening so their wondering why your talking so slowly XD

That happens to me all the time
Old 07-27-2011, 12:16 PM

Location: Preforming in The Phantom Of The Opera on Broadway! (As if, even if I wish it were true...)

The akward moment when you wake up in class and everyone is looking at you because you were mumbling instead of taking an exam.
The akward moment when you tell someone you like them and realize they don't necessarily don't like you back.

Me in a good mood: :3
Me all sad like: D:
Me angry at writer's Block that's been going on for almost 3 months: _ "AKSIJRCHOFUBSIAYWBFC!!!!!"

Tags
*insert funny tag*, *le irish jig*, aa has weird dreams, blarg!!!!!, completely inappropriate, deflate the cow!, elmo knows where u live, elmo scares me d:, flubby armed potato, i is eggman!, i'm so scared., im breathing down ur neck, it's a-maize-ing, my nostrils serenade me, mysocksaremybestfriends, oh my effing gosh... o_o, potpie spewing noses, thepotatohiccuped, ur armpit is a cupcake, vomiting underpants, what the hell= wth, wth is with the tags, wth?, zebras jump off cliffs., zoo worker cleans poop