Quantcast That awkward moment when... - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Randomize
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply

Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-26-2011, 09:57 PM
EmmaR EmmaR is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: skeleton hell
Posts: 6,927
Talking That awkward moment when...

So, this is, like, a thread where you can post "that awkward moment". They're really hard to describe, so here's an example.
That awkward moment when you're describing something you think is funny and nobody laughs.
or
That awkward moment when you're with your friend and s/he's texting on his/her cellphone.
It's really fun! Please join!
__________________
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What the hell are these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!" -Cave Johnson
Code:
#Basil 2016
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-26-2011, 10:25 PM
star star is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 504
Default

So like we just say some awkward moment?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-26-2011, 11:11 PM
Ruza Ruza is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: In my own little world, but that's okay, they know me there
Posts: 2,663
Default

That awkward moment when a guy waves at you, and you wave back, but he actually is waving at someone behind you. O_o
__________________
The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

~Robert Frost
"Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening"
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-26-2011, 11:16 PM
Kiwara Kiwara is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Stalking in the silence; listening to your tortured dreams.
Posts: 27,035
Default

That awkward moment when you're walking with your friend and then they stop to talk to someone they know and you don't know whether or not to stop. Or even better when your walking with your friend and they're talking to some other friend that they know.
__________________
I was safe in my pure insanity. ~ The Utterly Perfect Murder by Ray Bradbury: August 22nd, 1920- June 5th, 2012

We lie best when we lie to ourselves. ~ It; Stephen King.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-26-2011, 11:52 PM
GabiDi GabiDi is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: i
Posts: 21,889
Default

Kiwara, that's happened to me...

That awkward moment when I realize I'm endlessly talking about my bands and no one in my family knows who on earth they are. :3
__________________
"In the beginning, the universe was created.
This made a lot of people upset and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

-Douglas Adams
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-26-2011, 11:54 PM
Jack Jack is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Somewhere In Canada..................
Posts: 6,973
Default

That awkward moment when You think someone is yelling at you but it turns out they are yelling at someone behind you.
__________________
Mrs. Jensen: With him the customer was always number one. Oscar always treated people with great respect.
Oscar Leroy: [suddenly enters] Hey jackass, stop talking to this old wing-nut and pump my gas!
Brent LeRoy: Well, he's a people person.

Lacey: Karen, I'm glad you're here. Look, we need to talk about the book club.
Karen Pelly: I thought the first rule of book club was, you don't talk about book club.
Lacey: That's fight club.
Karen Pelly: How do you know about fight club?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-27-2011, 12:03 AM
Kiwara Kiwara is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 27,035
Default

Yep happened to me too. Cheesed me off, it did.

That moment when I'm talking about a subject at school and my parents have no idea what I'm talking about.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-27-2011, 02:59 AM
EmmaR EmmaR is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: skeleton hell
Posts: 6,927
Default

That awkward moment when you're playing a song (that you really like) for your friend and they hate it.

That awkward moment when you have to give mouth to mouth (rescue breathing) to a CPR dummy. I did that today! It's actually way more fun than it seems, but the patient would be dead because I was cracking up too hard to deliver the breaths properly!
__________________
Code:
#Basil 2016
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-27-2011, 11:23 AM
star star is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 504
Default

That awkward moment when you say something and everyone in the room is listening but then they all turn around to talk to the person next to them so you slowly stop talking but then that one nice person is still listening so their wondering why your talking so slowly XD

That happens to me all the time
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-27-2011, 12:16 PM
StellaNightshade StellaNightshade is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Preforming in The Phantom Of The Opera on Broadway! (As if, even if I wish it were true...)
Posts: 935
Default

The akward moment when you wake up in class and everyone is looking at you because you were mumbling instead of taking an exam.
The akward moment when you tell someone you like them and realize they don't necessarily don't like you back.
__________________
"No I didn't steal your can of yams... Why don't I like yams? 'Cause they taste all yammy!" - Gotta love little kids.

Me in a good mood: :3
Me all sad like: D:
Me angry at writer's Block that's been going on for almost 3 months: _ "AKSIJRCHOFUBSIAYWBFC!!!!!"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
*insert funny tag*, *le irish jig*, aa has weird dreams, blarg!!!!!, completely inappropriate, deflate the cow!, elmo knows where u live, elmo scares me d:, flubby armed potato, i is eggman!, i'm so scared., im breathing down ur neck, it's a-maize-ing, my nostrils serenade me, mysocksaremybestfriends, oh my effing gosh... o_o, potpie spewing noses, thepotatohiccuped, ur armpit is a cupcake, vomiting underpants, what the hell= wth, wth is with the tags, wth?, zebras jump off cliffs., zoo worker cleans poop

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.