Quantcast Once Upon a Time NES! :D - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Never Ending Stories
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply

Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-11-2013, 07:01 PM
LizzieS LizzieS is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: May 2011
Location: Neverland
Posts: 5,648
Default Once Upon a Time NES! :D

I'm bored, and when I'm bored, I produce wonderful ideas.
(Like this one.)

So, if you watch and love the ABC show Once Upon a Time (OUAT), this is the NES for you!! Even if you don't watch it, join!

If you haven't seen this show, here's a brief summery:

In the fairy tale world/Enchanted Forest, on the day of Snow White and Prince Charming's wedding, the Evil Queen (Snow White's stepmother) arrived and announced that she had cast a curse that would ruin everyone's happiness. When this curse was in effect, it would send everyone in the fairy tale world/Enchanted Forest to a land without magic, where they wouldn't remember who they were and would lose those they loved. Terrified from this announcement, Snow White and Prince Charming went to see Rumplestiltskin to see if the curse was real. He told them that it was, but that their unborn child would be able to save everyone in 28 years. On the night that the curse came, Snow White gave birth to their daughter, Emma, and she was saved from the curse by being sent to our world to grow up.

28 years later, a bailbonds woman named Emma Swan is visited by her son, Henry, who she had given up for adoption 10 years before. Henry takes Emma to a town in Maine called Storybrooke, where he believes everyone there are fairy tale characters because of the book of fairy tales that his teacher gave him. He believes that the fairy tale characters were under a curse that made them forget who they were. (Sound familiar?)

So that's where the story starts. If you're following the series, we're just going to start with everyone still under the curse. We can follow the show, or we can head off in our own direction, it doesn't matter.

You can have as many characters as you want, and they can be characters from the show or original characters that were under the curse. Just fill out this form for each character:

Fairy tale name:
Fairy tale back story:
Family in fairy tale world:
Storybrooke name:
Occupation/Storybrooke back story:
Personality:
Picture/Appearance:
Age:
Gender:

LIST OF SHOW CHARACTERS:
Real world characters-
Emma Swan (taken)
Henry Mills (taken)
Greg Mendell
Neal Cassady

Storybrooke/Enchanted Forest characters-
Snow White/Mary Margaret Blanchard (taken)
Prince Charming/David Nolan
The Evil Queen/Regina Mills (taken)
Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold (taken)
Jiminy Cricket/Archie Hopper
The Huntsman/Sheriff Graham
Pinocchio/August W. Booth
Red Riding Hood/Ruby
Grumpy/Leroy
Princess Abigail/Kathryn Nolan
The Magic Mirror/Sidney Glass
Dr. Whale/Dr. Frankenstein
Granny
The Blue Fairy/Mother Superior
King George/Albert Spencer
The Mad Hatter/Jefferson
Cinderella/Ashley Boyd
Prince Thomas/Sean Hermann
Geppetto/Marco
Belle (taken)
Grace/Paige
Gretel/Ava Zimmer
Hansel/Nicholas Zimmer
King Maurice/Moe French
Frederick
Nova/Astrid
William Smee

Uncursed characters-
Captain Hook
Cora
Baelfire
Princess Aurora
Mulan
Prince Phillip
Anton the Giant

Last edited by LizzieS; 02-12-2013 at 05:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-11-2013, 07:09 PM
LizzieS LizzieS is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: May 2011
Location: Neverland
Posts: 5,648
Default

Here's my characters-

Fairy tale name: Rumplestiltskin
Fairy tale back story: He's this powerful creepy guy who lost his son. There.
Family in fairy tale world: his wife, Mila, left him; he lost his son, Baelfire; he lost his girlfriend, Belle
Storybrooke name: Mr. Gold
Occupation/Storybrooke back story: owns a pawn shop and pretty much owns the whole town
Personality: makes deals to get what he wants, is in control, is way too violent, though he has a soft spot
Picture/Appearance: Fairy tale world-

Real world-

Age: old
Gender: male

and also-

Fairy tale name: Rapunzel
Fairy tale back story: (a little different from the real story-also this would be between when the Queen is banished and when she lays the curse) In the fairy tale world, Rapunzel's family lived behind the Evil Queen's palace. Rapunzel's mother was pregnant with their second child, and Rapunzel's father stole one of the Queen's magical items to ease his wife's pain. When the Queen found out, she ordered for the whole family to be taken to her palace. She ordered that the family give her their newborn child when he is born, but Rapunzel's parents refuse and try to escape. Angrily, the Queen kidnaps Rapunzel instead and locks her in a tower, refusing to let her parents see her. At first Rapunzel tries to escape and even kill herself by jumping out the window, but the Queen ends that by tying Rapunzel's hair to a hook on the wall and enchanting it so it will extent whenever she moves. The Queen begins to love Rapunzel, and tries to win her over by telling her her parents are dead. With no reason to escape, Rapunzel begins to enjoy the company of the Queen (like how Belle fell in love with Rumpel). Eventually the Queen trusts Rapunzel enough to untie her hair - though, when untied, it is very long. One day, a prince, riding by, hears singing coming from the distance and discovers Rapunzel's tower. He climbs up and discovers Rapunzel, and the two instantly fall in love. The prince regularly comes to visit Rapunzel, until one day the Queen discovers them and tries to rip the prince's heart out (like what Cora did to Daniel), until Rapunzel screams, "What kind of mother does this!" and the Queen stops and lets them go, heartbroken.
Family in fairy tale world: she loved the Evil Queen like a mom... also had a mother and a father, and a baby brother that she never knew about because she was locked up with the Queen... her prince is named Jacob
Storybrooke name: Ellie Barnes
Occupation/Storybrooke back story: she's a high school student who lives on her own. She's in the school choir and is a good kid, but often finds herself mixing with the wrong groups.
Personality: fun, giggly, dreamy, creative
Picture/Appearance:
Rapunzel/Ellie has blonde hair, big green eyes, fair skin, and is average height and generally pretty. Rapunzel's hair is rapunzelly-long, while Ellie's hair is shoulder-length. Ellie tends to wear bright colored clothing that rarely matches but still looks good on her.
Fairy tale world-

Real world-

Age: 18
Gender: female
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-11-2013, 07:58 PM
Jesse Jesse is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Goodbye KP, thx for the memories, reach me on tumblr/instagram/email, Perry you're a legend
Posts: 5,695
Send a message via Skype™ to Jesse
Default

*YAY. So should this have different villains and people, or do we keep Cora/Hook/Regina/everyone...?*

Fairy tale name: Oh gosh, I can't think of one that ABC hasn't used yet... Robin Hood, I guess?
Fairy tale back story: Ran away from home when young, survived in forest. He steals from the rich with the help of his Merry Men. I think that's what they're called. Merry Men? Halp?
Family in fairy tale world: Two decadent parents who he ran away from.
Storybrooke name: Robin Hanks
Occupation/Storybrooke back story: Back story: Has no memory of his parents, people think that they left him when he was young. He has been trying to hunt them down, even though really he was the one who left them. Occupation: Hunts, though that's more of a hobby than an occupation. Recently has started helping Belle work at the library, making Rumpelstiltskin hate him.
Personality: Cunning, but has always had an insatiable tendency of stealing. Quick-thinking and fast.
Picture/Appearance: Fairy Tale World: Dark, disheveled hair and a bit of a bear. Often wears black clothing. And he wears a green hat, if I got that part right. *cannot recall the whole Robin Hood story* Lots of bruises and cuts.
Normal World: Same dark, disheveled hair, but he has no beard. He looks like a cross between Captain Hook and the Huntsman.
Age:
19
Gender: M
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-11-2013, 08:04 PM
LizzieS LizzieS is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: May 2011
Location: Neverland
Posts: 5,648
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post

Storybrooke name: Robin Hanks
Age:
19
Gender: M
I guess we have to have Regina, since she's a main character, but we can also make up our own villians.

Could you also claim a main character (Emma, Henry, Mary Margaret, David, Regina, etc...?)?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-11-2013, 08:21 PM
Jesse Jesse is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,695
Send a message via Skype™ to Jesse
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzieS View Post

*Sure.*

Fairy tale name: Belle
Fairy tale back story: Belle insisted to become Rumpelstiltskin's slave to help her father's kingdom. Slowly, they both gain a sort of relationship, but in the end Rumpelstiltskin becomes angry with her and kicks her out. Belle supposedly kills herself, but really has been kidnapped by the evil queen, Regina.
Family in fairy tale world: Father (Sir Maurice), man who she is supposed to marry (Gaston).
Storybrooke name: Belle
Occupation/Storybrooke back story: Kidnapped by Regina. Mends relationship with Rumpelstiltskin. Becomes librarian.
Personality: Curious, shy, but at the same time defiant about what she wants (forced her father to let herself go with Rumpelstiltskin).
Picture/Appearance: Wavy, shoulder-length brown hair, pale, blue eyes. Picture:

Age: ? Pretty young.
Gender: F
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-11-2013, 08:34 PM
BlueMi BlueMi is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 13,233
Default

Fairy tale name: Emma Swan
Fairy tale back story: Snow White and Prince Charming's daughter. She left the fairy tale world the days she was born.
Family in fairy tale world: ^^them two people.
Storybrooke name: Emma Swan xD
Occupation/Storybrooke back story: Uhh... It's kinda like what up there in the summary yeah.
Personality: sarcastic, protective, bold, uhh... just watch the show man. I'm too tired. XP
Picture/Appearance: y'know what she looks like. XD

I also want Henry and Regina.
*I STEALLLL ALL DA CHARACTERS*
I just can't fill out the forms cuz I hafta go.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-12-2013, 03:05 AM
maxi maxi is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: May 2010
Location: champagne pouring over us
Posts: 12,782
Default

RESERVE ME A SPOT.
Please.
__________________
What a wonderful caricature of intimacy
Raindrops on roses and
Girls in white dresses and
Sleeping with roaches and
Taking best guesses
At the shade of the sheets and
Before all the stains
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-12-2013, 05:38 AM
bookworm1999 bookworm1999 is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Arandell
Posts: 8,809
Default

Me toooooooo
Fairy tale name: Snow White
Fairy tale back story: Was put inot a deep sleep caused by the evil queen and awoken with a kiss by Charming the Prince (james). Married Charming and had a daughter named Emma who was the hero of all of them.
Family in fairy tale world: Charming
Storybrooke name: Mary Margret
Occupation/Storybrooke back story: Is a teacher and has been accused various times of murder she never did
Personality: Light, friendly, yet feirce. Fights for what she believes in and is very passionate. Loves with a giving heart.
Picture/Appearance:

In the real world:

Age: ??? 20 something?
Gender: female
__________________
~❆ ~

I am one with the wind and sky

Last edited by bookworm1999; 02-12-2013 at 05:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-12-2013, 05:53 AM
Boreal67 Boreal67 is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: On the 8:36 am train of thought, travelling to nonsense and catching the imagination line back.
Posts: 381
Default

Okay, question.
*I'm just saying, I don't watch the show, but this NES sounds awesome so I'd love to join!*
Anyway, do we need to use a character in the show? Can we invent our own or just use a random fairytale character?
__________________
Enjoy what you have now- today. It isn't available tomorrow.
- Moi

Never trust anyone who has not brought a book with them.
--Lemony Snicket

Last edited by Boreal67; 02-12-2013 at 05:57 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-12-2013, 08:20 AM
LizzieS LizzieS is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: May 2011
Location: Neverland
Posts: 5,648
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreal67 View Post
Okay, question.
You can just invent your own, and if that's already a fairy tale character in the show we can tell you and you can just change the story a little to match the show. :3

I'll post a list of show characters later.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.