Quantcast Colleges - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > School
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply

Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-10-2014, 10:20 PM
Aynonomus_Angel Aynonomus_Angel is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Void
Posts: 140
Question Colleges

So, I'm going into my freshman year in high school and have already started at colleges that offer the two majors I want to take (I want a dual or double major of architecture and interior design). Is it weird that I'm starting this so early??
__________________
Mr.MooMoo
Aynonomus_Angel
OurSilentLove

"Father, it's not a fear of the dark, but rather, a fear of the things in it."
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-10-2014, 11:49 PM
lvhamsters lvhamsters is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: In your brain O_O
Posts: 14,813
Send a message via Skype™ to lvhamsters
Default

I guess that's pretty great that you're starting so early ^^ some colleges offer running start, which I'm doing online next year (although I'm going to be a junior so you're a lot younger) but that's really fortunate that you're able to atart earlier! It will definitely help you in the future and speed everything up so don't think of it as a bad thing or weird because it's a great thing to do X3 congrats!
__________________
You only live forever in the lights you make

When we were young we used to say

That you only hear the music when your hearts begin to break

Now we are the kids from yesterday
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-10-2014, 11:59 PM
cloudwriter cloudwriter is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: In Brazil. (I wish)
Posts: 12,490
Default

That's awesome! (: At my school, you can do this thing where you go to a nearby college for part of the day and take classes there, then come to the high school and take the rest of your classes. But in order to do that you have to take college entrance tests first, and also it would help if you had your license, so the absolute earliest you can do that is like sophomore year, but most people start their junior year. xD
__________________
No more dreaming of the dead as if death itself was undone.

No more dreaming like a girl, like a girl so in love...with the wrong world.

Snow White's stitching up the circuitboard...

____________
I stopped searching for monsters
under the bed
when I realized they were
inside of me.

-quote on dA
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-11-2014, 12:05 AM
meerkat meerkat is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: the void
Posts: 6,162
Default

I'm also going into freshman year and I have no freakin' idea what I want to do with my life. I'm thinking of doing graphic design or architecture, though. My school doesn't offer college classes, but I'm probably going to have drafting as an elective.
It's okay, my sister's going into 7th grade and she's already started studying for the SAT. O_o She stole MY textbook!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-11-2014, 09:53 PM
Senior Member

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Void
Posts: 140
Default

My school does little academy things so we have lots of options. But my high school doesn't offer the architecture class but our rival school does so I might be able to take the class there in my junior/senior year (either half year or half day). We also do the dual enrollment to go to a nearby college to do part time classes there. Its a huge school with super smart people.

I'm on a block schedule with it so we have four classes first semester and four second semester so I get to take two math classes (geometry and Algebra 2 with trig (I did algebra 1 in 8th grade)).

WOO!! I could even graduate early (without the architecture class at the rival school).
__________________
Mr.MooMoo
Aynonomus_Angel
OurSilentLove

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-12-2014, 04:31 AM
pluzzle pluzzle is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,902
Default

idk what freshman and stuff is but im going into my 2nd semester of yr 8 on monday. we dont do college stuff at all btu we do work experience ofc.

im going to do law hopefully
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-12-2014, 03:06 PM
EmmaR EmmaR is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: skeleton hell
Posts: 6,934
Default

Yo don't think about college stuff freshman year. It creates unnecessary stress and if you decide what you want to do with your life before you've really started high school it makes it so it's harder to be flexible later, when you're actually choosing schools.
For example, before freshman year I was planning on doing orchestra for 4 years and specializing in viola, but now I'm probably gonna drop orchestra and specialize in drama. If that's the amount of change that can happen in one year, imagine the amount of change that can happen in four!
__________________
zooweemama
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-12-2014, 06:36 PM
Senior Member

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Void
Posts: 140
Default

pluzzle, Freshman year is ninth grade in America, the british equivalent to Year 10.
__________________
Mr.MooMoo
Aynonomus_Angel
OurSilentLove

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-13-2014, 06:06 PM
pluzzle pluzzle is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,902
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaR View Post
this is harder if ur not american because you have to pick subjects for the rest of ur highschool in yr 8/9. not literally but if you pick french, you have to stay with french, you cant switch to japanese etc. im about to pick mine. you kinda have to decide what you want to do now so you can pick subjects.
but i see where you're coming from yo.
living where i do is sad because we do OP testing for year 12 and it's put on a bell curve and my grade just happens to have less intelligent people in it. so im not gonna get a good enough OP mark so ill probably end up changing schools anyway im rambling now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aynonomus_Angel View Post
ooook.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-27-2014, 04:16 PM
Athenabrain1 Athenabrain1 is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: hogwarts, slytherin dorms
Posts: 5,060
Default

I hope I get into a law school.
:3
__________________
"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.

Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be.
And what it wouldn't be, it would.
You see?"

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.