Quantcast Character Introductions - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Story Ideas
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply

Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-31-2018, 01:22 AM
Zelda Zelda is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: spaceship
Posts: 916
Default Character Introductions

Okay here's the deal, so I have like a trillion characters and I'm always thinking of new ones to fill in a spot in a story or an rp or just for no reason in particular, and I really like to talk about them. So I do this thing where I go looking for excuses to talk about characters? Like perusing wb for active threads where I can thrust my bbies out into the open. As a result, I get that kind of half-paying-attention attitude from a lot of people, you know, the one that says 'i'm not interested but i'm too polite to tell you to shut up'. Thus, this thread.

This thread is basically an excuse for anyone who has a new character to pop in and show them off and coo over them and etc. Now, I know the wb already has a ton of character threads so I'm gonna put a limitation on this. Okay? You can't just ramble about any old character, there's a different thread for that. The characters you talk about here, have to be new. Not fully developed. Maybe not even with a story yet, if they're super fresh.

That's the only limitation, otherwise, go wild.
__________________
I'm an angel with a s h o t g u n
- the cab
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-31-2018, 01:38 AM
Zelda Zelda is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: spaceship
Posts: 916
Default

Okay, uh, in the past two-ish weeks I obtained like, five new charries, so.

- Octavian Dryca aka somecoolnickname. 15 years old, male, controls antimatter and has sass like a river. Belongs in the story with Freak. I am particularly mean to him, for some reason. Dude's got serious trauma.

These ones are very new I got them because i turned the handle on a cabinet to clean it

Marsy (marz-ee); unknown age, questionable gender, came with their own name. Hyper-intelligent being, but lacks that thing you need to figure stuff out on your own. I can't remmeber the name of it, but basically she can't do anything unless she's seen it done. Refers to mortal creatures as Fleshies, and was hatched from an egg. I love them, honestly, like I can't explain it properly bc i haven't sorted them out enough for other people to understand, but i rly adore this character.

Johnna; 18, female, absolutely willing to stab a bitch. She's not developed yet but she's badass, I can feeeeeeel it. She runs the Crew(tm) and is an elf.

Jael; 19, male-ish-maybe, for all intents and purposes Johnna's brother. Estranged from his birth family for like, dishonoring them or sth. An elven healer, doesn't sleep at all (not for any like, angsty insomniac reasons, he just never needs to sleep. probably there's a supernatural reason for this, idk yet)

Fiametta aka Fia; 21, female, very adorable fire mage who is the only one who even tries to keep Johnna out of major trouble. Mom Friend(tm). Kind of like Hermoine only less focused on 'what if we get expelled!!' and more focused on 'i brought muffins bc i know u forgot to eat before u dragged us out to the middle of nowhere'. perpetually tired from studying and keeping up with Johnna and Jael at the same time.
__________________
I'm an angel with a s h o t g u n
- the cab
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-31-2018, 06:40 PM
Gracithe1andonly Gracithe1andonly is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Abiding in Christ, hopefully.
Posts: 1,360
Default

Thank you for this, Re.
(Fia is so relatable to me my gosh.)
I like your elves. OH Note on Jael: if he doesn't sleep a lot, he has to eat a lot, right?

SOSOOSO

some newbies:

anno: his real name is probably alan donne (or anything where his initials are a.d. or else the 'anno' pun/nickname can't happen). he is definitely an angst ball and probably somewhere on the evil spectrum, maybe neutral evil if we're going d&d alignments. he's like...also appears later as a decent person who actually loves people?? i think?? i want to believe that sort of 180 character turn is possible but I've only ever seen it irl as a very, very, very slow progression. but he totally is a Negative Force in the life of

not/knot/nottingham who definitely is a cinnamon roll who deserves protection and doesn't get it, he's very young but it's hard to know that since he's intelligent and doesn't know how old he actually is and is living beyond his years (thru no fault of his own) and definitely has too-long messy black hair, bright eyes, a bad idea of who he is, and some sort of olive or brown skin. he's just so lost and confused on the inside 100 percent of the time that he dedicates his life to helping people find themselves in a geographical sense.

frieda finley: ok so she's been with me for 3 years now and i still know nothing about her????????? she's a supportive person and probably has a super strong personality of some sort? she thinks her cousins are the bombs and would do almost anything to help them out of a bind? she's vaguely based on fingon from the Silmarillion?

alba finley: same situation as frieda?? but doesn't know what love is? probably makes bad decisions on a romantic front? based on aredhel?

alfred shadow: some shady nerd for alba to make bad decisions with idk kind of eol?

not to mention eric and anna finley, who are alba and frieda's parents???? i don't know who they are all i know is eric cares more about his family than pretty much anything else and anna is a Mom(tm)
__________________
i found love where it wasn't supposed to be;
right in front of me.
talk some sense to me...

-i found, amber run
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-31-2018, 07:16 PM
SilverMoon SilverMoon is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: with the troupe
Posts: 10,791
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda View Post

HA jokes on you NONE of my characters are developed therefore I can talk about any of them
__________________
Love doesn't exist.
;; Therefore, there's no sorrow. ;;
That's what I thought...

.
ryo asuka
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-31-2018, 07:17 PM
SilverMoon SilverMoon is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: with the troupe
Posts: 10,791
Default

Oh, btw, I'm gonna use this as an art thread too, like for characters you haven't seen designs for yet I'll post designs here.
__________________
Love doesn't exist.
;; Therefore, there's no sorrow. ;;
That's what I thought...

.
ryo asuka
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-31-2018, 07:51 PM
SilverMoon SilverMoon is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: with the troupe
Posts: 10,791
Default

This my boy Kasimir and lmao the image basically tells you everything I know about him. So he is an intersex man with some kind of magic/ability/aura that allows him to float, and he's a little shit. Well. He's not little. But y'know.

This is his boyfriend, Adi. Art's not mine, got him from a friend. He's a lil bitch, and a brat. He's a trans man and former rich boy who still acts like royalty.

They are both your problematic fave.
__________________
Love doesn't exist.
;; Therefore, there's no sorrow. ;;
That's what I thought...

.
ryo asuka
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-01-2018, 10:12 PM
SilverMoon SilverMoon is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: with the troupe
Posts: 10,791
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda View Post

lemme tell you Octavian is already my SOn, I Love him
__________________
Love doesn't exist.
;; Therefore, there's no sorrow. ;;
That's what I thought...

.
ryo asuka
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-04-2018, 12:00 PM
Zelda Zelda is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: spaceship
Posts: 916
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracithe1andonly View Post
Thank you for this, Re.
(Fia is so relatable to me my gosh.)

SOSOOSO

some newbies:

i did not even think about food, that's a rly good idea, thanks!
Anno sounds like an awesome character man, i'd read his/her/their story

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
lmaO

Quote:
Yay more arts c:

K. I can feel Kasimir's attitude rolling off that pic.

Quote:
help me with ur son's codename then

he is a horrible person before the Event. a horrible traumatized baby, who gives everyone nicknames and probably bites people.
__________________
I'm an angel with a s h o t g u n
- the cab
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-10-2018, 02:12 AM
Zelda Zelda is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: spaceship
Posts: 916
Default

hello i'm procrasintating writing my wip so here are some more character bbies that just showed up in said wip

> Dean something Caiser; angry old lady. is actually a dragon and treats the academy like her nest. the students are her children. she'll bite u if u hurt them.

> Keon de Oliviera; phat boi ice mage (his layers keep him warm), has purple hair, is super smart and genuinly well-liked. he also runs the school mail room and is nice to Fia despite being Phyrican. (there's politics involved in the story now, Phyricans and Mesophyricans do Not get along).

> Reaux Mazer Eyre; Reaux is a title he's a rich boy, i changed the spelling of his name three times and didn't notice. also definitely named him after that one Jane Austen book for no reason other than i happened to be looking at it at the time. he's super gay and protective of his bf Rory (who in turn is very protective of him but in a different way).

> Ezlyn/Ezzie; smol dwarf/imp who is ready to fite and probably has a napolean complex. possibly a transgirl, definitely that character who seems like one thing and then is shocklingly something else and makes everyone feel kinda bad for stereotyping ('i thought u were a necromancer??' 'i have one necromancy class, my major is economics!').

> Luisanjel Ruiz; is the necromancy professor. is actually the equivalent of Thanatos but nobody is aware of that. super awkward, kinda hates living beings. is the dean's left-hand guy.

> Rise; is actually Rhys but everybody gets it wrong. constantly annoyed by that. is an assassin. is there. idk she's been present for all of three sentences. she's the dean's right-hand girl.
__________________
I'm an angel with a s h o t g u n
- the cab
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-10-2018, 10:49 PM
Senior Member

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Abiding in Christ, hopefully.
Posts: 1,360
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda View Post

ur school characters are so un-schooly and it's beautiful
__________________
right in front of me.
talk some sense to me...

-i found, amber run
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.