/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Adding Details To Your Rooms | KidPub Press //
Adding Details To Your Rooms

Adding Details To Your Rooms

What do people see when they look in your rooms? Of course, they see the description that you wrote, and they will see things that you have built and left in the room. But what if you want people to be able to look around and see other things? The @detail command is what you need.

In the Living Room, there is a picture hanging on the wall.It is mentioned in the room description:

Living Room
A comfy living room, although it could use a bit more furniture, and maybe a rug. On 
the wall over the couch is a faded photograph in a frame. You see a mat, a piece of 
paper, a couch, and a coffee table here. Obvious exits: The hall door and the slider.

Let's add details about the photo:

@detail picture,photo is It's an old photograph of a younger Wizard. He's sitting in a garden with a small dog.
@detail frame is From a distance the frame looked smooth, but up close you can see tiny markings.
@detail dog is The dog in the photo is wearing a small pendant.
@detail pendant is Squinting, you can just make out the word Toby.
@detail markings is They don't seem to be in any language that you know.

Now, if someone looks at the photo, or parts of it, they will see your descriptions:

>look photo
It's an old photograph of a younger Wizard. He's sitting in a garden with a small dog.

>look dog
The dog in the photo is wearing a small pendant.

When you add a detail, you can add it to the room's description. You can also add details without putting them in the room's description and let your visitors discover them for themselves, like this:

@detail wall is The wall is painted a pale yellow.

If someone happens to look at the wall, they'll see that it's yellow.

You can remove details wth @rmdetail:

@rmdetail wall

You can list the details in a room with @details:

@details
 picture,photo
 frame
 dog
 pendant
 markings
 wall