/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ KidPub News for Kids | KidPub Press //
KidPub News for Kids

KidPub News for Kids

Posted November 26th, 2008 by perryd

KidPub gathers news from around the world for you to read, especially about authors, books, and popular movies. This is an experimental service and so might change from time to time. When you read a story, you can hit the 'Back' button in your browser to come back to KidPub.

Teen author from Puerto Rico to tell Hurricane Maria survivors' stories in new book - Bay News 9

Bay News 9

Teen author from Puerto Rico to tell Hurricane Maria survivors' stories in new book
Bay News 9
Teen author from Puerto Rico to tell Hurricane Maria survivors' stories in new book. By Adria Iraheta | April 19, 2018 @5:26 PM. SHARE. Barely a week after Hurricane Maria hit, 17-year-old Jose Lopez and his family were among the hundreds of people ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

Children's Book Week 2018 Preview - Publishers Weekly

Publishers Weekly

Children's Book Week 2018 Preview
Publishers Weekly
New this year is a joint effort between First Book and the CBC/Every Child a Reader to provide resources for teachers and promote in-school voting for the 11th annual Children's and Teen Choice Book Awards, which will take place through May 6—the ...
Camden Public Library to celebrate Children's Book WeekCourier-Gazette & Camden Herald

all 2 news articles »

Read more [News for Kids ]

Camden Public Library to celebrate Children's Book Week - Courier-Gazette & Camden Herald

Courier-Gazette & Camden Herald

Camden Public Library to celebrate Children's Book Week
Courier-Gazette & Camden Herald
During the week, children's librarians Miss Amy and Loraine will bring books alive, dressed as characters for special story times and activities. The library invites each child — and adults, too — to join in the experience, come dressed-up as a ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

Beech Mountain Author Rochelle Weinstein Releases Latest Novel Entitled 'Somebody's Daughter' - High Country Press

High Country Press

Beech Mountain Author Rochelle Weinstein Releases Latest Novel Entitled 'Somebody's Daughter'
High Country Press
By Nathan Ham. Rochelle Weinstein, a USA Today best-selling author and part time resident at Beech Mountain, recently released her latest literary work of art, “Somebody's Daughter.” The book was released on April 17 and it focuses on the devastating ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

Welsh author's book is being turned into a Netflix film starring Molly Ringwald - WalesOnline

WalesOnline

Welsh author's book is being turned into a Netflix film starring Molly Ringwald
WalesOnline
Beth got to meet the Pretty In Pink actress, "which was completely surreal," as well as getting to meet all of the cast while behind the scenes of the Netflix production. "I wasn't hugely involved in the production process, but I did get to go out to ...

and more »

Read more [News for Kids ]

For details on these and more listings, visit whatdoUwannado.com. - Lowell Sun

For details on these and more listings, visit whatdoUwannado.com.
Lowell Sun
Stephen Collins presents: An Evening with Walt Whitman, Thur., April 19, 7-8 p.m. Friends of the Chelmsford Library Spring Book Sale, Fri., April 20, 9 a.m.-7 p.m.; Sat., April 21, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.; Town Offices gym, 50 Billerica Road; fiction, children's ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

12-year-old Jeff Bezos designed a survey to rate his middle-school teachers - Business Insider

Business Insider

12-year-old Jeff Bezos designed a survey to rate his middle-school teachers
Business Insider
As Brad Stone wrote in his 2013 bestseller, "The Everything Store," that was Bezos' pseudonym in the book "Turning on Bright Minds," which explored a gifted-education program in Texas where Bezos was a student. Bezos' teachers told the book's author ...

and more »

Read more [News for Kids ]

Five things to do in and around Arlington: 'Why Libraries Matter in these Times' - Wicked Local

Wicked Local

Five things to do in and around Arlington: 'Why Libraries Matter in these Times'
Wicked Local
Children's Book Sale. Donations are being accepted now; look for the big blue bin in the front lobby of the Robbins Library. Support Arlington's libraries by purchasing children's and teen books, movies, and music at the sale. There will be craft ...

and more »

Read more [News for Kids ]

The Astoria Bookshop – I get all my books here - Spotted by Locals (blog)

Spotted by Locals (blog)

The Astoria Bookshop – I get all my books here
Spotted by Locals (blog)
I especially love that The Astoria Bookshop is a woman-run business. There are feminist book selections in nearly every genre throughout the shop, as well as a great lineup of female authors visiting for book discussions, and a monthly feminist book ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

Library Calendar for April 19-26 - Gadsden Times

Library Calendar for April 19-26
Gadsden Times
GADSDEN PUBLIC LIBRARY. MAIN BRANCH. Phone number: 256-549-4699. • 10 a.m. Thursday, Children's Department; Story Time; “Touch the Earth,” Julian Lennon; ext. 2118. • 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday, Teen Zone; Teen Craft Thursdays; mantra creation; ext ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

Enjoy an 'Evening of Mystery and Magic' - Longview Daily News

Enjoy an 'Evening of Mystery and Magic'
Longview Daily News
... adult novels featuring teen detectives and teen witches. Attendees can ask questions, buy the books, get the books signed and perhaps win a prize. Stokes is author of “Liars Inc.,” “Girl Against the Universe,” “Vicarious” and several other young ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

SOKY Book Fest marks 20th year - Bowling Green Daily News

SOKY Book Fest marks 20th year
Bowling Green Daily News
“It's really well-rounded,” she said. “There are authors for pretty much anyone, any reading level.” According to Volpi, Daniel Handler, better known by his pen name of Lemony Snicket, under which he wrote “A Series of Unfortunate Events,” won't make ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

Author of 'Pizzapedia,' a book about pizza history, shares his memories - Chicago Tribune

Chicago Tribune

Author of 'Pizzapedia,' a book about pizza history, shares his memories
Chicago Tribune
He was just that — a pubescent teen in a blue-and-red Domino's jacket, five sizes too big. I'm now wondering if he was old enough to drive or if it was a guardian driving him around for deliveries. On the Oak Park pizza scene, circa early 1980s: We ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

Peter White Public Library Children's Department to temporarily relocate - Marquette Mining Journal

Marquette Mining Journal

Peter White Public Library Children's Department to temporarily relocate
Marquette Mining Journal
The Children's Library Branch at the mall will reopen Monday, May 7. ≤ Children's programming will be suspended April 30-June 8. ≤ Programming will resume Saturday, June 9 with the Summer Reading Kickoff concert with Corinne Rockow at 11 a.m. and ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

Ball State alumnus Jay Coles publishes book, starts book tour - Ball State Daily News (press release)

Ball State Daily News (press release)

Ball State alumnus Jay Coles publishes book, starts book tour
Ball State Daily News (press release)
Jay Coles' new book “Tyler Johnson Was Here” debuted March 20, and since then he has toured the country promoting his book and meeting fans. READ MORE: Ball State student becomes published author. The book is about a black teenager who searches for his ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

Waterbury teen with autism writes and illustrates second children's book - WTNH.com (press release)

WTNH.com (press release)

Waterbury teen with autism writes and illustrates second children's book
WTNH.com (press release)
WATERBURY, Conn. (WTNH) - A Waterbury teen is launching his second children's book during Autism Awareness Month. News 8 caught up with Chase Taylor and his parents at the John Bale Book Company. The last year has been an exciting one for 18-year-old ...

and more »

Read more [News for Kids ]

BOOKS Nina Packenbush talks 'Girls Like Me' - Windy City Times

Windy City Times

BOOKS Nina Packenbush talks 'Girls Like Me'
Windy City Times
Nina Packebush's first novel, Girls Like Me, breaks new ground with the story of a pregnant queer teenager, Banjo. Recently named as a recommended title by the In the Margins 2018 Book Awards, Packebush says she wrote Girls Like Me "for myself, my ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

XML feed
This is a cool addition to

This is a cool addition to the site Perry!

*** Buckets and Puddles, ~Vanessa:) -- "A good writer write's from their soul..." "Taking writing away from an author is like taking water away from a fish." "Don't save a pitcher for tomorrow--tomorrow it may rain." -Major League Baseball

Posted by Vanessa on Tue, 12/16/2008 - 21:34
This is cool! I just read

This is cool! I just read about another Wizard of Oz.

Posted by Gabi on Wed, 05/19/2010 - 18:30
Coolio! thirdbreedcullens.web

Coolio!

thirdbreedcullens.webs.com <---- Website check it or I'll set the Volturi on you! I mean it!

Posted by Anya on Sun, 01/11/2009 - 20:30
What the- "I wasen't worried

What the-

"I wasen't worried at all... except for the part I was worried of course!" ~~~ Winnie the Pooh

Posted by The Nobody on Thu, 01/29/2009 - 20:18
ha ha ha!!! wait... what?!?!

ha ha ha!!! wait... what?!?!

Posted by Kelsey on Sat, 01/16/2010 - 09:28
this is interesting it makes

this is interesting it makes kidpub interesting aswell

Posted by Holly on Fri, 02/12/2010 - 14:08
This is an awesome edition

This is an awesome edition to the site! If you need more articles, I've posted a few.

Posted by Jack on Thu, 06/10/2010 - 16:35
Wow, super cool idea!!! But

Wow, super cool idea!!! But I think we should have a newspaper that the pubbers write. It could have stuff like new members, news on the NES and contest winners... even contests of its own! Now THAT would be cool. yes

I am half goat...

Posted by Amy on Sat, 12/31/2011 - 21:43
I so agree!!!!!!!!!  

I so agree!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Makayla on Mon, 05/07/2012 - 17:23
Oh man! that would be fun!

Oh man! that would be fun! I've been dreaming on making a magazine written by kid authors!

Posted by Yasmin on Thu, 08/15/2013 - 22:15
I think kid pub should have

I think kid pub should have a e-paper. Filled with pictures and aeticals like these that should be e-mailed to all kidpub members,

Posted by Makayla on Mon, 05/07/2012 - 17:22
In  romeo   and  

In  romeo   and   julet  why  do  they   both  die  insted  of   living     happyly  ever  after   togerther ?!!!

Posted by Kimberly on Sat, 07/07/2012 - 13:18
I think that kidpub should

I think that kidpub should e-mail all of the members a letter each month or every other week that talks about what goes on around kidpub!!!

Posted by Nikki on Sun, 07/29/2012 - 15:00
@ Kimberly: ....Because that

@ Kimberly:

....Because that would be cliche, predictable, and a tad bit boring? xD

Posted by Cherrybomb on Sun, 08/12/2012 - 00:15
I can't believe these

I can't believe these comments stopped in 2012...we need to jack up KP!

Dem Ditches Stay Away! Lavinia,

Posted by *Lavinia* on Tue, 08/30/2016 - 23:41
Agreed.   <> Read my book,
Posted by pikathunder on Sat, 11/12/2016 - 22:03