//
KidPub News for Kids

KidPub News for Kids

Posted November 26th, 2008 by perryd

KidPub gathers news from around the world for you to read, especially about authors, books, and popular movies. This is an experimental service and so might change from time to time. When you read a story, you can hit the 'Back' button in your browser to come back to KidPub.

Lessons from My Father - The New Yorker

The New Yorker

Lessons from My Father
The New Yorker
The author and his father, pictured in the early nineteen-seventies. Credit PHOTOGRAPH COURTESY ... We were teen-agers and the car service was from my father's publisher, sent to ferry us to Manhattan for a book party. My mother was working middle ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

Author's 'heart sank' after his book found in shooter's home - WFMZ Allentown

WFMZ Allentown

Author's 'heart sank' after his book found in shooter's home
WFMZ Allentown
A teen who shot a fellow student before killing himself at a Colorado high school in 2013 also had his book. "It's not that surprising if you know the pattern," Langman said. "Shooters typically do their research." But the question still remains: why ...

and more »

Read more [News for Kids ]

New Harry Potter book has most presales since ... the last Harry Potter book - Mashable

Mashable

New Harry Potter book has most presales since ... the last Harry Potter book
Mashable
It's not a novel, and it's not written by J.K. Rowling, though it is based on a story by the author. It's the script of a two-part play penned by Skins screenwriter Jack Thorne, which is currently in previews and officially launches in London's West ...
Inside Look at 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'ABC News
Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Is Most Pre-Ordered Book Since 2007Comicbook.com
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child: First reviewEntertainment Weekly
Antigua Observer -Chicago Tribune -New York Times -The Guardian
all 197 news articles »

Read more [News for Kids ]

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child: First review - Entertainment Weekly

Entertainment Weekly

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child: First review
Entertainment Weekly
Currently in previews and officially opening July 30 in London's West End, Cursed Child goes far beyond dutiful brand extension with an entirely original and hugely ambitious sequel to the Potter books, presented in two parts and nearly five hours long ...
New Harry Potter book has most presales since ... the last Harry Potter bookMashable
Magic returns: Bookstores celebrating 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' with release partiesChicago Tribune
Harry Potter's 'Cursed Child' story already a US best-sellerReuters
Chicago Daily Herald -Chattanooga Times Free Press -Financial Express
all 135 news articles »

Read more [News for Kids ]

Review: 'Cursed Child' has that Harry Potter magic - USA TODAY

USA TODAY

Review: 'Cursed Child' has that Harry Potter magic
USA TODAY
Childhood pals Harry and Hermione are in early middle age in this new play, presented (as the title indicates) in two full-length parts and set to open at the West End's Palace Theatre July 30, the day before its script is published in book form. It's ...
Reuters -Chicago Daily Herald -Chattanooga Times Free Press
all 139 news articles »

Read more [News for Kids ]

Magic returns: Bookstores celebrating 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' with release parties - Chicago Tribune

Chicago Tribune

Magic returns: Bookstores celebrating 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' with release parties
Chicago Tribune
Here are the basic facts — it's based on an original story written by "Harry Potter" series author J. K. Rowling as well as Jack Thorne and John Tiffany. Thorne turned that ... Bookstores across the Chicago area (and we're confident the rest of the ...
How muggles can celebrate the next Harry Potter storyChicago Daily Herald
Chattanooga's Harry Potter fans are stoked about theatrical productionChattanooga Times Free Press
Entertainment Weekly -USA TODAY -Financial Express
all 115 news articles »

Read more [News for Kids ]

Top 10 children's books set in New York City - gulfnews.com

gulfnews.com

Top 10 children's books set in New York City
gulfnews.com
Top 10 children's books set in New York City. New York City is the perfect place to write in ... Set in Jazz Age New York City, this sprawling novel (the first in a series) introduces readers to Evie O'Neil, a teen flapper with a talent for divining ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

Profile: Athena, the Book Explorer shares her adventures - Montreal Gazette

Montreal Gazette

Profile: Athena, the Book Explorer shares her adventures
Montreal Gazette
Athena was six when she read the Noddy series, by British children's author Enid Blyton, and loved it. ... E.B. White's classic novel Charlotte's Web “is a book you can't not read,” she said during an interview one recent steamy Montreal afternoon ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

XML feed
This is a cool addition to

This is a cool addition to the site Perry!

*** Buckets and Puddles, ~Vanessa:) -- "A good writer write's from their soul..." "Taking writing away from an author is like taking water away from a fish." "Don't save a pitcher for tomorrow--tomorrow it may rain." -Major League Baseball

Posted by Vanessa on Tue, 12/16/2008 - 21:34
This is cool! I just read

This is cool! I just read about another Wizard of Oz.

Posted by Gabi on Wed, 05/19/2010 - 18:30
Coolio! thirdbreedcullens.web

Coolio!

thirdbreedcullens.webs.com <---- Website check it or I'll set the Volturi on you! I mean it!

Posted by Anya on Sun, 01/11/2009 - 20:30
What the- "I wasen't worried

What the-

"I wasen't worried at all... except for the part I was worried of course!" ~~~ Winnie the Pooh

Posted by The Nobody on Thu, 01/29/2009 - 20:18
ha ha ha!!! wait... what?!?!

ha ha ha!!! wait... what?!?!

Posted by Kelsey on Sat, 01/16/2010 - 09:28
this is interesting it makes

this is interesting it makes kidpub interesting aswell

Posted by Holly on Fri, 02/12/2010 - 14:08
This is an awesome edition

This is an awesome edition to the site! If you need more articles, I've posted a few.

Posted by Jack on Thu, 06/10/2010 - 16:35
Wow, super cool idea!!! But

Wow, super cool idea!!! But I think we should have a newspaper that the pubbers write. It could have stuff like new members, news on the NES and contest winners... even contests of its own! Now THAT would be cool. yes

I am half goat...

Posted by Amy on Sat, 12/31/2011 - 21:43
I so agree!!!!!!!!!  

I so agree!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Makayla on Mon, 05/07/2012 - 17:23
Oh man! that would be fun!

Oh man! that would be fun! I've been dreaming on making a magazine written by kid authors!

Posted by Yasmin on Thu, 08/15/2013 - 22:15
I think kid pub should have

I think kid pub should have a e-paper. Filled with pictures and aeticals like these that should be e-mailed to all kidpub members,

Posted by Makayla on Mon, 05/07/2012 - 17:22
In  romeo   and  

In  romeo   and   julet  why  do  they   both  die  insted  of   living     happyly  ever  after   togerther ?!!!

Posted by Kimberly on Sat, 07/07/2012 - 13:18
I think that kidpub should

I think that kidpub should e-mail all of the members a letter each month or every other week that talks about what goes on around kidpub!!!

Posted by Nikki on Sun, 07/29/2012 - 15:00
@ Kimberly: ....Because that

@ Kimberly:

....Because that would be cliche, predictable, and a tad bit boring? xD

Posted by Cherrybomb on Sun, 08/12/2012 - 00:15