/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ KidPub News for Kids | KidPub Press //
KidPub News for Kids

KidPub News for Kids

Posted November 26th, 2008 by perryd

KidPub gathers news from around the world for you to read, especially about authors, books, and popular movies. This is an experimental service and so might change from time to time. When you read a story, you can hit the 'Back' button in your browser to come back to KidPub.

If You Could Add One Book to the High School Curriculum, What Would It Be? - New York Times

New York Times

If You Could Add One Book to the High School Curriculum, What Would It Be?
New York Times
It's a brilliant, endlessly rich dystopian novel that pairs well with “1984” or “The Handmaid's Tale,” and it's also a fascinating exploration of how crises can fuel new religious and ideological movements. — John Green, author of “Turtles All the Way ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

AJC Decatur Book Festival: 14 fabulous events for kids and teens - Atlanta Journal Constitution

Atlanta Journal Constitution

AJC Decatur Book Festival: 14 fabulous events for kids and teens
Atlanta Journal Constitution
To celebrate the 20th anniversary of the the publication of “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone,” this year's Kidnote event will feature a group of popular middle-grade and YA authors, including Becky Albertalli, Tony DiTerlizzi, Adam Gidwitz ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

Children's Book Cover Designer (Pulse) - Publishers Weekly

Children's Book Cover Designer (Pulse)
Publishers Weekly
The Designer will work on cover and interior designs (for Teen/YA) under the Simon Pulse imprint. She/he will work directly with the Art Director, Publisher and Editors to develop concept and execute design for approximately 25 titles a year ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

Goodwill To Give Books To Educators This Month - newstalkkit.com

newstalkkit.com

Goodwill To Give Books To Educators This Month
newstalkkit.com
To address the need for age appropriate books in elementary and middle schools in southwest Washington, Goodwill hopes to give approximately 1,000 teachers and educators 40,000 free books at four Kent, Tacoma, Olympia and Selah thrift stores on ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

'Ismat Chughtai's Teen Anari, a novella for children, is pure fun' - The Indian Express

The Indian Express

'Ismat Chughtai's Teen Anari, a novella for children, is pure fun'
The Indian Express
... we revisit her novella Teen Anari, a narrative about three children—Kakku, Beelu, and Teetu—through an excerpt from Syeda S Hameed's essay Teen Anari-A World of Laughter and Lessons, from the book An Uncivil Woman: Writings on Ismat Chughtai ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

Final three revealed in hunt for top teen novel - Scottish Field

Scottish Field

Final three revealed in hunt for top teen novel
Scottish Field
Three Scottish writers are in the running for the 2019 Scottish Teenage Book Prize after the competition's shortlist was announced earlier today. Voting for the winner has now opened for young readers across the country. The shortlisted authors for the ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

“To All the Boys I've Loved Before” Sequel: Everything We Know About the Possible Movie - TeenVogue.com

Vulture

“To All the Boys I've Loved Before” Sequel: Everything We Know About the Possible Movie
TeenVogue.com
Before it was a charming Netflix original movie, To All the Boys I've Loved Before was a bestselling book by author Jenny Han. ... During an interview with Teen Vogue before the premiere, Lana opened up about a potential second movie. "I would love to.
To All the Boys I've Loved Before Author Jenny Han on Love Letters, Lara Jean, and John CorbettVulture
Don't worry, To All the Boys star Lana Condor is Team PeterEW.com (blog)
Why everyone is losing it over this Netflix movieNEWS.com.au

all 194 news articles »

Read more [News for Kids ]

Danville Public Library looking for help naming new Teen Space - The Independent News

Danville Public Library looking for help naming new Teen Space
The Independent News
August 20 - 27: Help the Danville Public Library name our new teen space! Visit the library's website to email or fill in a survey or stop by the service desk in the Children's Room to leave your suggestions! August 23: Teen Book Challenge introduces ...

and more »

Read more [News for Kids ]

Yes, teens are texting and using social media instead of reading books, researchers say - Washington Post

Washington Post

Yes, teens are texting and using social media instead of reading books, researchers say
Washington Post
“This decline in reading print media — particularly the decline in reading books, it's concerning,” said Twenge, author of the book “iGen: Why Today's Super-Connected Kids Are Growing Up Less Rebellious, More Tolerant, Less Happy — and Completely ...
Read Any Good Books Lately? No, Teens Say, We're Too Busy Texting and OnlineHealthDay

all 41 news articles »

Read more [News for Kids ]

September Events at the Central Library, Conroe - The Paper Magazine

The Paper Magazine

September Events at the Central Library, Conroe
The Paper Magazine
All kids ages 4-12 years old are invited to come and practice their reading skills with the Montgomery Pet Partners therapy dog teams in our Children's Activity Room. Each child can select a favorite book to read to one of the trained therapy dogs ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

5 Best Children's Books With LGBTQ+ Main Characters - Curve Magazine

Curve Magazine

5 Best Children's Books With LGBTQ+ Main Characters
Curve Magazine
Back in February, I wrote about an intersectional lesbian fairytale book that needed extra backers on Kickstarter in order to get published in time for Pride month. Well, guess what ladies? You helped get this beautiful diverse book printed in June, so ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

XML feed
This is a cool addition to

This is a cool addition to the site Perry!

*** Buckets and Puddles, ~Vanessa:) -- "A good writer write's from their soul..." "Taking writing away from an author is like taking water away from a fish." "Don't save a pitcher for tomorrow--tomorrow it may rain." -Major League Baseball

Posted by Vanessa on Tue, 12/16/2008 - 21:34
This is cool! I just read

This is cool! I just read about another Wizard of Oz.

Posted by Gabi on Wed, 05/19/2010 - 18:30
Coolio! thirdbreedcullens.web

Coolio!

thirdbreedcullens.webs.com <---- Website check it or I'll set the Volturi on you! I mean it!

Posted by Anya on Sun, 01/11/2009 - 20:30
What the- "I wasen't worried

What the-

"I wasen't worried at all... except for the part I was worried of course!" ~~~ Winnie the Pooh

Posted by The Nobody on Thu, 01/29/2009 - 20:18
ha ha ha!!! wait... what?!?!

ha ha ha!!! wait... what?!?!

Posted by Kelsey on Sat, 01/16/2010 - 09:28
this is interesting it makes

this is interesting it makes kidpub interesting aswell

Posted by Holly on Fri, 02/12/2010 - 14:08
This is an awesome edition

This is an awesome edition to the site! If you need more articles, I've posted a few.

Posted by Jack on Thu, 06/10/2010 - 16:35
Wow, super cool idea!!! But

Wow, super cool idea!!! But I think we should have a newspaper that the pubbers write. It could have stuff like new members, news on the NES and contest winners... even contests of its own! Now THAT would be cool. yes

I am half goat...

Posted by Amy on Sat, 12/31/2011 - 21:43
I so agree!!!!!!!!!  

I so agree!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Makayla on Mon, 05/07/2012 - 17:23
Oh man! that would be fun!

Oh man! that would be fun! I've been dreaming on making a magazine written by kid authors!

Posted by Yasmin on Thu, 08/15/2013 - 22:15
I think kid pub should have

I think kid pub should have a e-paper. Filled with pictures and aeticals like these that should be e-mailed to all kidpub members,

Posted by Makayla on Mon, 05/07/2012 - 17:22
In  romeo   and  

In  romeo   and   julet  why  do  they   both  die  insted  of   living     happyly  ever  after   togerther ?!!!

Posted by Kimberly on Sat, 07/07/2012 - 13:18
I think that kidpub should

I think that kidpub should e-mail all of the members a letter each month or every other week that talks about what goes on around kidpub!!!

Posted by Nikki on Sun, 07/29/2012 - 15:00
@ Kimberly: ....Because that

@ Kimberly:

....Because that would be cliche, predictable, and a tad bit boring? xD

Posted by Cherrybomb on Sun, 08/12/2012 - 00:15
I can't believe these

I can't believe these comments stopped in 2012...we need to jack up KP!

Dem Ditches Stay Away! Lavinia,

Posted by *Lavinia* on Tue, 08/30/2016 - 23:41
Agreed.   <> Read my book,
Posted by pikathunder on Sat, 11/12/2016 - 22:03