/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ KidPub News for Kids | KidPub Press //
KidPub News for Kids

KidPub News for Kids

Posted November 26th, 2008 by perryd

KidPub gathers news from around the world for you to read, especially about authors, books, and popular movies. This is an experimental service and so might change from time to time. When you read a story, you can hit the 'Back' button in your browser to come back to KidPub.

Harry Potter first edition sells for £60000 - How to tell if you have one - The Independent

The Independent

Harry Potter first edition sells for £60000 - How to tell if you have one
The Independent
A first edition copy of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone has been sold in America for $81,250 (£60,186), more than 5,000 times its original £10.99 price tag, setting a new world record for an unsigned work of fiction. The novel is one of 500 ...

and more »

Read more [News for Kids ]

The Independent

The Independent

and more »

Read more [News for Kids ]

Butte author has new book; talk set Sept. 27 at Archives; launch party Sept. 30 at library - Montana Standard

Montana Standard

Butte author has new book; talk set Sept. 27 at Archives; launch party Sept. 30 at library
Montana Standard
... Turny Path of Publication" — for this book in particular — at the Butte Archives Brown Bag Seminar, 17 W. Quartz St., from noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 27. She will also host a "Nutcracked'' launch party, for kids and adults, in the Children's ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

Rancho Bernardo author to lead free children's activities on Saturday - The San Diego Union-Tribune

The San Diego Union-Tribune

Rancho Bernardo author to lead free children's activities on Saturday
The San Diego Union-Tribune
Rancho Bernardo resident Nancy Myles with the three children's adventure books she wrote. They were ... A family gift-giving tradition has served as the inspiration for a series of children's adventure books written by a Rancho Bernardo resident ...

and more »

Read more [News for Kids ]

Game of Thrones Wouldn't Exist Without This Book - Fortune

Daily Telegraph

Game of Thrones Wouldn't Exist Without This Book
Fortune
This became probably the most popular novel of the 20th century. More than that, it ... But would J.K. Rowling, Terry Pratchett, and all the others ever have found publishers, or maybe even thought of writing, without Tolkien's example? George R.R ...
JRR Tolkien's first hobbit would rule them all, including Game of ThronesDaily Telegraph

all 27 news articles »

Read more [News for Kids ]

Children's Book Club encourages a love of reading, confidence - The Galt Herald

The Galt Herald

Children's Book Club encourages a love of reading, confidence
The Galt Herald
There is good news for the next generation of Galtonian bookworms: Galt's Marian O. Lawrence Library hosts a monthly Children's Book Club. Aimed at students ages 8-12, the book ... They're not exactly teen books,” LeBlanc said. But, even though the ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

The literary magic of Harry Potter | The Daily Star - The Daily Star

The Daily Star

The literary magic of Harry Potter | The Daily Star
The Daily Star
This summer, at literary festivals and bookstores around the world, readers celebrated the 20-year anniversary of the debut of the first book in JK Rowling's Harry ...

and more »

Read more [News for Kids ]

First Black Teen Author Ever to Write 3 Books Being Used By School Districts Across the Country as Part of Their ... - BlackNews.com (press release)

BlackNews.com (press release)

First Black Teen Author Ever to Write 3 Books Being Used By School Districts Across the Country as Part of Their ...
BlackNews.com (press release)
Hillside, NJ — 15-year old Essynce Moore is the only African American teen author that has written three books that are mandatory readings for several school district curriculums including Hillside, NJ School District; Brooklyn, NY Charter School(s ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

Children's book about transgendered girl produces controversy - WBAL Baltimore

WBAL Baltimore

Children's book about transgendered girl produces controversy
WBAL Baltimore
The boy's family and lawyer say the teen sustained abrasions to his back, eye and arm when he brushed up against a tree and then was taken to the ground by the policeman. Police say the officer is a state certified trainer in drug-use recognition. The ...

and more »

Read more [News for Kids ]

Children's book about transgendered girl produces controversy - WLKY Louisville

WLKY Louisville

WLKY Louisville

and more »

Read more [News for Kids ]

10 books being turned into movies we're dying to see (and read) - GoErie.com

10 books being turned into movies we're dying to see (and read)
GoErie.com
From nursery classics like “Peter Rabbit” and “The Story of Ferdinand” to tween and teen-targeted thrillers like “Maze Runner” and “Ready Player One,” kids' books and young adult novels are getting the Hollywood treatment. And now that ... Why we're ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

XML feed
This is a cool addition to

This is a cool addition to the site Perry!

*** Buckets and Puddles, ~Vanessa:) -- "A good writer write's from their soul..." "Taking writing away from an author is like taking water away from a fish." "Don't save a pitcher for tomorrow--tomorrow it may rain." -Major League Baseball

Posted by Vanessa on Tue, 12/16/2008 - 21:34
This is cool! I just read

This is cool! I just read about another Wizard of Oz.

Posted by Gabi on Wed, 05/19/2010 - 18:30
Coolio! thirdbreedcullens.web

Coolio!

thirdbreedcullens.webs.com <---- Website check it or I'll set the Volturi on you! I mean it!

Posted by Anya on Sun, 01/11/2009 - 20:30
What the- "I wasen't worried

What the-

"I wasen't worried at all... except for the part I was worried of course!" ~~~ Winnie the Pooh

Posted by The Nobody on Thu, 01/29/2009 - 20:18
ha ha ha!!! wait... what?!?!

ha ha ha!!! wait... what?!?!

Posted by Kelsey on Sat, 01/16/2010 - 09:28
this is interesting it makes

this is interesting it makes kidpub interesting aswell

Posted by Holly on Fri, 02/12/2010 - 14:08
This is an awesome edition

This is an awesome edition to the site! If you need more articles, I've posted a few.

Posted by Jack on Thu, 06/10/2010 - 16:35
Wow, super cool idea!!! But

Wow, super cool idea!!! But I think we should have a newspaper that the pubbers write. It could have stuff like new members, news on the NES and contest winners... even contests of its own! Now THAT would be cool. yes

I am half goat...

Posted by Amy on Sat, 12/31/2011 - 21:43
I so agree!!!!!!!!!  

I so agree!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Makayla on Mon, 05/07/2012 - 17:23
Oh man! that would be fun!

Oh man! that would be fun! I've been dreaming on making a magazine written by kid authors!

Posted by Yasmin on Thu, 08/15/2013 - 22:15
I think kid pub should have

I think kid pub should have a e-paper. Filled with pictures and aeticals like these that should be e-mailed to all kidpub members,

Posted by Makayla on Mon, 05/07/2012 - 17:22
In  romeo   and  

In  romeo   and   julet  why  do  they   both  die  insted  of   living     happyly  ever  after   togerther ?!!!

Posted by Kimberly on Sat, 07/07/2012 - 13:18
I think that kidpub should

I think that kidpub should e-mail all of the members a letter each month or every other week that talks about what goes on around kidpub!!!

Posted by Nikki on Sun, 07/29/2012 - 15:00
@ Kimberly: ....Because that

@ Kimberly:

....Because that would be cliche, predictable, and a tad bit boring? xD

Posted by Cherrybomb on Sun, 08/12/2012 - 00:15
I can't believe these

I can't believe these comments stopped in 2012...we need to jack up KP!

Dem Ditches Stay Away! Lavinia,

Posted by *Lavinia* on Tue, 08/30/2016 - 23:41
Agreed.   <> Read my book,
Posted by pikathunder on Sat, 11/12/2016 - 22:03