/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ KidPub News for Kids | KidPub Press //
KidPub News for Kids

KidPub News for Kids

Posted November 26th, 2008 by perryd

KidPub gathers news from around the world for you to read, especially about authors, books, and popular movies. This is an experimental service and so might change from time to time. When you read a story, you can hit the 'Back' button in your browser to come back to KidPub.

Library Calendar for Oct. 18-25 - Gadsden Times

Library Calendar for Oct. 18-25
Gadsden Times
3:30 p.m. Wednesday, Children's Department; Kids Hour of Code; ages 8-12; limited seating, registration required; registrants who do not show up for their reserved seats will not be allowed to reserve future events; ext. 2118. • 3:30 p.m. Wednesday ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

Here are some scary good reads for the Halloween season - Reading Eagle

Reading Eagle

Here are some scary good reads for the Halloween season
Reading Eagle
Why it makes the cut: Christine Weida, children's and teen librarian at Sinking Spring Public Library, has been re-reading this title since she was in elementary school. ... Why it makes the cut: "The scariest thing about the book is the inhumane way ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

Prior Lake teen brings attention to bumblebee's plight - SW News Media

SW News Media

Prior Lake teen brings attention to bumblebee's plight
SW News Media
The 14-year-old Prior Lake resident wrote a children's book and brochures on the topic, held presentations for a Girl Scout troop and her school and developed a guide to earning certain Girl Scout badges -- all of it in support of the endangered rusty ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

'Twilight' turns 10: How Bella and Edward's girl-meets-vampire love story changed Hollywood - USA TODAY

USA TODAY

'Twilight' turns 10: How Bella and Edward's girl-meets-vampire love story changed Hollywood
USA TODAY
"Twilight" was more than a teen romance between a human (Kristen Stewart) and a vampire (Robert Pattinson). Based on Stephenie Meyer's young-adult novel and starring a then-unknown cast, the supernatural love story roared to a stunning $70 million ...
Twilight: 20 Details Behind The Making Of The Breaking Dawn MoviesScreen Rant

all 9 news articles »

Read more [News for Kids ]

Graphic Novel Tells a Mid-20th-Century Tale Relevant to Today - Valley News

Valley News

Graphic Novel Tells a Mid-20th-Century Tale Relevant to Today
Valley News
For Russell Pruitt, the main character of David Small's gripping new graphic novel Home After Dark, it can be downright terrifying. Small is the illustrator and/or writer of 40 children's books, with Caldecott honors and medals among his awards for ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

What's the one book all young Canadians should read? 12 teens share their picks - CBC.ca

CBC.ca

What's the one book all young Canadians should read? 12 teens share their picks
CBC.ca
Fifteen entrants were randomly selected as winners and their school libraries received a set of 30 Canada Reads books. To celebrate the hundreds of responses CBC Books received from teen readers, here are 12 of the most popular suggestions, along with ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

David Small's 'Home After Dark' a powerful graphic novel about adolescence - Finger Lakes Times

Finger Lakes Times

David Small's 'Home After Dark' a powerful graphic novel about adolescence
Finger Lakes Times
Small is the illustrator and/or writer of 40 children's books, with Caldecott honors and medals among his awards for such books as "The Gardener" and "So You Want to Be President?" His 2009 graphic memoir, "Stitches," about his experience with cancer ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

Friends of the Tuscarawas County Public Library holding book sale Oct. 22-24 - New Philadelphia Times Reporter

Friends of the Tuscarawas County Public Library holding book sale Oct. 22-24
New Philadelphia Times Reporter
Books can be purchased with a donation to the Friends. Attendees may also fill a grocery bag with items for a $5 donation. Items at the sale include used adult, teen, and children's books, DVDs, book posters, and more. No public donations of books will ...

and more »

Read more [News for Kids ]

African American Family Practitioner, Dr. Kela Henry, Releases New Self-Help Guide/ Novel That Teaches Teens ... - BlackNews.com (press release)

BlackNews.com (press release)

African American Family Practitioner, Dr. Kela Henry, Releases New Self-Help Guide/ Novel That Teaches Teens ...
BlackNews.com (press release)
Atlanta, GA — After meeting hundreds of African-American, Latina and Asian teenage girls throughout her career, author Dr. Kela Henry was compelled to write a book for teen girls that emphasizes the importance of decisions. Told in narrative form, Nia ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

Diversity and Deep Connections for Children's Authors, Editors, and Booksellers at NAIBA 2018 - Publishers Weekly

Publishers Weekly

Diversity and Deep Connections for Children's Authors, Editors, and Booksellers at NAIBA 2018
Publishers Weekly
The New Atlantic Independent Booksellers Association's annual conference put all eyes on new perspectives on diversity in publishing and bookselling, showcasing children's and young adult authors at the Baltimore gathering, held at the Hyatt Regency ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

6 Super Queer Young Adult Books We're Dying to Read - NewNowNext

NewNowNext

6 Super Queer Young Adult Books We're Dying to Read
NewNowNext
... the Red Balloon tackles issues like racism and homophobia head-on. The book is a companion to 2017's The Girl with the Red Balloon, another inclusive work of alternative historical fiction from author Katherine Locke, who uses she/her and they/them ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

9 Asian-Led Books that Deserve Their Own Movie Adaption - TeenVogue.com

TeenVogue.com

9 Asian-Led Books that Deserve Their Own Movie Adaption
TeenVogue.com
For many Asian-Americans growing up, it was often difficult finding a protagonist in young adult literature to relate to. Thankfully, in recent times, the story of the Asian-American experience has seen better representation — boosted by the record ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

British writers scoring highly in huge US poll to find 'Great American Read' - The Guardian

The Guardian

British writers scoring highly in huge US poll to find 'Great American Read'
The Guardian
From Jane Eyre to Pride and Prejudice, a clutch of very British books have emerged as frontrunners for the title of the US's best-loved novel, as a public poll that has seen millions cast their votes draws to a close. US public ... Two of the UK's most ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

Library News: Papale, Franks to discuss their book in Ridley - The Delaware County Daily Times

The Delaware County Daily Times

Library News: Papale, Franks to discuss their book in Ridley
The Delaware County Daily Times
RIDLEY TOWNSHIP — Former Eagles Vince Papale and Dennis Franks with discuss their new book, “The Last Laugh: Vision to Victory,” 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 18, at the Ridley Township Library. Coming into the NFL as underdogs, Frans was told he ... In ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

XML feed
This is a cool addition to

This is a cool addition to the site Perry!

*** Buckets and Puddles, ~Vanessa:) -- "A good writer write's from their soul..." "Taking writing away from an author is like taking water away from a fish." "Don't save a pitcher for tomorrow--tomorrow it may rain." -Major League Baseball

Posted by Vanessa on Tue, 12/16/2008 - 21:34
This is cool! I just read

This is cool! I just read about another Wizard of Oz.

Posted by Gabi on Wed, 05/19/2010 - 18:30
Coolio! thirdbreedcullens.web

Coolio!

thirdbreedcullens.webs.com <---- Website check it or I'll set the Volturi on you! I mean it!

Posted by Anya on Sun, 01/11/2009 - 20:30
What the- "I wasen't worried

What the-

"I wasen't worried at all... except for the part I was worried of course!" ~~~ Winnie the Pooh

Posted by The Nobody on Thu, 01/29/2009 - 20:18
ha ha ha!!! wait... what?!?!

ha ha ha!!! wait... what?!?!

Posted by Kelsey on Sat, 01/16/2010 - 09:28
this is interesting it makes

this is interesting it makes kidpub interesting aswell

Posted by Holly on Fri, 02/12/2010 - 14:08
This is an awesome edition

This is an awesome edition to the site! If you need more articles, I've posted a few.

Posted by Jack on Thu, 06/10/2010 - 16:35
Wow, super cool idea!!! But

Wow, super cool idea!!! But I think we should have a newspaper that the pubbers write. It could have stuff like new members, news on the NES and contest winners... even contests of its own! Now THAT would be cool. yes

I am half goat...

Posted by Amy on Sat, 12/31/2011 - 21:43
I so agree!!!!!!!!!  

I so agree!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Makayla on Mon, 05/07/2012 - 17:23
Oh man! that would be fun!

Oh man! that would be fun! I've been dreaming on making a magazine written by kid authors!

Posted by Yasmin on Thu, 08/15/2013 - 22:15
I think kid pub should have

I think kid pub should have a e-paper. Filled with pictures and aeticals like these that should be e-mailed to all kidpub members,

Posted by Makayla on Mon, 05/07/2012 - 17:22
In  romeo   and  

In  romeo   and   julet  why  do  they   both  die  insted  of   living     happyly  ever  after   togerther ?!!!

Posted by Kimberly on Sat, 07/07/2012 - 13:18
I think that kidpub should

I think that kidpub should e-mail all of the members a letter each month or every other week that talks about what goes on around kidpub!!!

Posted by Nikki on Sun, 07/29/2012 - 15:00
@ Kimberly: ....Because that

@ Kimberly:

....Because that would be cliche, predictable, and a tad bit boring? xD

Posted by Cherrybomb on Sun, 08/12/2012 - 00:15
I can't believe these

I can't believe these comments stopped in 2012...we need to jack up KP!

Dem Ditches Stay Away! Lavinia,

Posted by *Lavinia* on Tue, 08/30/2016 - 23:41
Agreed.   <> Read my book,
Posted by pikathunder on Sat, 11/12/2016 - 22:03