//
KidPub News for Kids

KidPub News for Kids

Posted November 26th, 2008 by perryd

KidPub gathers news from around the world for you to read, especially about authors, books, and popular movies. This is an experimental service and so might change from time to time. When you read a story, you can hit the 'Back' button in your browser to come back to KidPub.

Author Kevin Smokler's love letter to 80's teen movies | WGN Radio ... - WGN Radio

WGN Radio

Author Kevin Smokler's love letter to 80's teen movies | WGN Radio ...
WGN Radio
Writer Kevin Smokler joins Matt Bubala to discuss his new book, “Brat Pack America: A Love Letter to 80s Teen Movies.” Kevin talks about why he decided to ...

and more »

Read more [News for Kids ]

First Book and Celebrated Children's Author Pat Mora Honor Texas School with Estela and Raúl Mora Award - PR Newswire (press release)

First Book and Celebrated Children's Author Pat Mora Honor Texas School with Estela and Raúl Mora Award
PR Newswire (press release)
This year, the award recognized schools that held literacy activities during the month of April in celebration of Children's Day, Book Day; also known as El día de los niños, El día de los libros; or Día. Founded by Mora in 1996, Día is a nationally ...

and more »

Read more [News for Kids ]

2016 Texas Teen Book Festival: The Details - Austin Chronicle

2016 Texas Teen Book Festival: The Details
Austin Chronicle
The Texas Teen Book Festival is always a starry affair, but it's especially so this year with Mindy Kaling as first author. The beloved creator and star of Hulu's The Mindy Project, playwright, and author of the autobiographical Is Everyone Hanging Out ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

Katherine Catmull at the Texas Teen Book Festival: Like a fairy in her YA novel The Radiant Road, the Austin author ... - Austin Chronicle

Austin Chronicle

Katherine Catmull at the Texas Teen Book Festival: Like a fairy in her YA novel The Radiant Road, the Austin author ...
Austin Chronicle
She's always creating at least three things at once. Katherine Catmull has just returned to Austin from a West Coast sojourn (that included legs in Yellowstone and at Burning Man) to immediately jump into rehearsals for the next play on Capital T ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

What America's most challenged books say about us - CNN

CNN

What America's most challenged books say about us
CNN
Some titles have more in common than it may seem. The Bible, a children's book about about transgender teen Jazz Jennings and "Nasreen's Secret School: A True Story from Afghanistan" were all challenged for the same reason: religious viewpoint. See the ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

Ashburn Teen Girl Raises Nearly $2K for Art/Poetry Book - Patch.com

Patch.com

Ashburn Teen Girl Raises Nearly $2K for Art/Poetry Book
Patch.com
All the poems. Everything is original and from her creative process." Author/artist Sarah Hough described the book as follows: "In this project, I've paired my original poetry and art. I have never seen these put together well. I'm hoping to do that ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

What are America's most challenged books? - kplr11.com

What are America's most challenged books?
kplr11.com
Today, the Harry Potter books are a beloved and highly lucrative franchise, and those novels with the creepy illustrations are mainstays of best of 1980s and 1990s lists. Some titles have more in common than it may seem. The Bible, a children's book ...

and more »

Read more [News for Kids ]

XML feed
This is a cool addition to

This is a cool addition to the site Perry!

*** Buckets and Puddles, ~Vanessa:) -- "A good writer write's from their soul..." "Taking writing away from an author is like taking water away from a fish." "Don't save a pitcher for tomorrow--tomorrow it may rain." -Major League Baseball

Posted by Vanessa on Tue, 12/16/2008 - 21:34
This is cool! I just read

This is cool! I just read about another Wizard of Oz.

Posted by Gabi on Wed, 05/19/2010 - 18:30
Coolio! thirdbreedcullens.web

Coolio!

thirdbreedcullens.webs.com <---- Website check it or I'll set the Volturi on you! I mean it!

Posted by Anya on Sun, 01/11/2009 - 20:30
What the- "I wasen't worried

What the-

"I wasen't worried at all... except for the part I was worried of course!" ~~~ Winnie the Pooh

Posted by The Nobody on Thu, 01/29/2009 - 20:18
ha ha ha!!! wait... what?!?!

ha ha ha!!! wait... what?!?!

Posted by Kelsey on Sat, 01/16/2010 - 09:28
this is interesting it makes

this is interesting it makes kidpub interesting aswell

Posted by Holly on Fri, 02/12/2010 - 14:08
This is an awesome edition

This is an awesome edition to the site! If you need more articles, I've posted a few.

Posted by Jack on Thu, 06/10/2010 - 16:35
Wow, super cool idea!!! But

Wow, super cool idea!!! But I think we should have a newspaper that the pubbers write. It could have stuff like new members, news on the NES and contest winners... even contests of its own! Now THAT would be cool. yes

I am half goat...

Posted by Amy on Sat, 12/31/2011 - 21:43
I so agree!!!!!!!!!  

I so agree!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Makayla on Mon, 05/07/2012 - 17:23
Oh man! that would be fun!

Oh man! that would be fun! I've been dreaming on making a magazine written by kid authors!

Posted by Yasmin on Thu, 08/15/2013 - 22:15
I think kid pub should have

I think kid pub should have a e-paper. Filled with pictures and aeticals like these that should be e-mailed to all kidpub members,

Posted by Makayla on Mon, 05/07/2012 - 17:22
In  romeo   and  

In  romeo   and   julet  why  do  they   both  die  insted  of   living     happyly  ever  after   togerther ?!!!

Posted by Kimberly on Sat, 07/07/2012 - 13:18
I think that kidpub should

I think that kidpub should e-mail all of the members a letter each month or every other week that talks about what goes on around kidpub!!!

Posted by Nikki on Sun, 07/29/2012 - 15:00
@ Kimberly: ....Because that

@ Kimberly:

....Because that would be cliche, predictable, and a tad bit boring? xD

Posted by Cherrybomb on Sun, 08/12/2012 - 00:15
I can't believe these

I can't believe these comments stopped in 2012...we need to jack up KP!

Dem Ditches Stay Away! Lavinia,

Posted by *Lavinia* on Tue, 08/30/2016 - 23:41