//
KidPub News for Kids

KidPub News for Kids

Posted November 26th, 2008 by perryd

KidPub gathers news from around the world for you to read, especially about authors, books, and popular movies. This is an experimental service and so might change from time to time. When you read a story, you can hit the 'Back' button in your browser to come back to KidPub.

Treasure Valley book events include author event, story times - Idaho Statesman

Treasure Valley book events include author event, story times
Idaho Statesman
3, Rediscovered Books, Boise. Ongoing activities all day, including book bingo, live music and free food and refreshment. Special deals all day: 15 percent off kids lit, kids sci-fi and kids picture books, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.; teen lit and teen sci-fi, 1-4 ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

Baby dolls aren't birth control: School-issued fake babies aren't stopping teen pregnancy - Salon

Salon

Baby dolls aren't birth control: School-issued fake babies aren't stopping teen pregnancy
Salon
But if, as the study's lead author Sally Brinkman says, one result of these experiments is that “A lot of the teenagers become attached to their fake babies,” one can understand how that might not be the intended result. The findings also cite other ...

and more »

Read more [News for Kids ]

AJC Decatur Book Festival: 5 can't-miss family-friendly events - Access Atlanta

Access Atlanta

AJC Decatur Book Festival: 5 can't-miss family-friendly events
Access Atlanta
CONTRIBUTED. Spaces such as the Sycamore Family Zone and Teen Stage will provide young authors and readers a chance to interact and share their experiences regarding their favorite fiction and nonfiction works. ... Local author Dori Kleber will talk ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

A Kids' Novel About That One Teacher Who Changes Everything - New York Times

A Kids' Novel About That One Teacher Who Changes Everything
New York Times
Ms. Bixby is in this glorious line, but this is not a book about her precisely; it is a book about three hurt and damaged sixth-grade boys who have been given a tremendous gift by Ms. Bixby's teaching and life: They have been given more to be human ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

Maryville author Hannah Rials, 20, to release book she started at 12 years old - Knoxville News Sentinel

Knoxville News Sentinel

Maryville author Hannah Rials, 20, to release book she started at 12 years old
Knoxville News Sentinel
At 12 years old, she started penning her first book, "Ascension," and after working on it for almost eight years, she will release it at an event from 7-9 p.m. on Saturday at Vienna Coffee House in Maryville. The event will feature New ... Rials said ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

How a troubled teen went from foster care to medical school - News & Observer

How a troubled teen went from foster care to medical school
News & Observer
Nine-year-old Andrew was in the middle of a book, “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire,” when his brother said they needed to talk. The boys decided they should leave Michigan and visit a relative in Gulfport until their ... They asked a lot of ...

and more »

Read more [News for Kids ]

How a troubled teen went from foster care to medical school - Charlotte Observer

Charlotte Observer

and more »

Read more [News for Kids ]

How a troubled teen went from foster care to medical school - Miami Herald

Miami Herald

and more »

Read more [News for Kids ]

Proud parents share pictures of their children's elaborate costumes for Book Week - Daily Mail

Daily Mail

Proud parents share pictures of their children's elaborate costumes for Book Week
Daily Mail
If you visited a school in Australia this week, you may have run into Harry Potter. Or potentially The Cat in the Hat, Matilda, or Dumbo. You may have thought you were going mad, but it's just because it's Children's Book Week. Held every year by the ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

'Screenwise' author Devorah Heitner: Don't monitor kids' screen time - MyStatesman.com

MyStatesman.com

'Screenwise' author Devorah Heitner: Don't monitor kids' screen time
MyStatesman.com
Devorah Heitner, founder of the website Raising Digital Natives, gives parents a different perspective on children around technology in her new book, “Screenwise: Helping Kids Thrive (and Survive) in Their Digital World” ($19.95, Routledge). Instead of ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

Peoria teen lands Taco Bell scholarship, episode in web series - azcentral.com

azcentral.com

Peoria teen lands Taco Bell scholarship, episode in web series
azcentral.com
A budding author from Peoria has won a $5,000 scholarship from the Taco Bell Foundation that will help him attend Northern Arizona University this fall. The hard-earned prize comes with ... Justin Susan, 17, already has written an 80,000-word book ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

Miami Beach teen collects thousands of books for homeless shelter readers - Miami Herald

Miami Herald

Miami Beach teen collects thousands of books for homeless shelter readers
Miami Herald
His grandmother, Elsie Howard, said Harry created The Phoenix Reading Project because “he believes that everyone deserves to own a special book, and he loves books and reading himself.” Throughout the year, Harry visits libraries to pick up ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

How a troubled Gulfport teen went from foster care to medical school - The Sun Herald

The Sun Herald

How a troubled Gulfport teen went from foster care to medical school
The Sun Herald
Nine-year-old Andrew was in the middle of a book, “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire,” when his brother said they needed to talk. The boys decided they should leave Michigan and visit a relative in Gulfport until their ... When Andrew was 16, social ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

XML feed
This is a cool addition to

This is a cool addition to the site Perry!

*** Buckets and Puddles, ~Vanessa:) -- "A good writer write's from their soul..." "Taking writing away from an author is like taking water away from a fish." "Don't save a pitcher for tomorrow--tomorrow it may rain." -Major League Baseball

Posted by Vanessa on Tue, 12/16/2008 - 21:34
This is cool! I just read

This is cool! I just read about another Wizard of Oz.

Posted by Gabi on Wed, 05/19/2010 - 18:30
Coolio! thirdbreedcullens.web

Coolio!

thirdbreedcullens.webs.com <---- Website check it or I'll set the Volturi on you! I mean it!

Posted by Anya on Sun, 01/11/2009 - 20:30
What the- "I wasen't worried

What the-

"I wasen't worried at all... except for the part I was worried of course!" ~~~ Winnie the Pooh

Posted by The Nobody on Thu, 01/29/2009 - 20:18
ha ha ha!!! wait... what?!?!

ha ha ha!!! wait... what?!?!

Posted by Kelsey on Sat, 01/16/2010 - 09:28
this is interesting it makes

this is interesting it makes kidpub interesting aswell

Posted by Holly on Fri, 02/12/2010 - 14:08
This is an awesome edition

This is an awesome edition to the site! If you need more articles, I've posted a few.

Posted by Jack on Thu, 06/10/2010 - 16:35
Wow, super cool idea!!! But

Wow, super cool idea!!! But I think we should have a newspaper that the pubbers write. It could have stuff like new members, news on the NES and contest winners... even contests of its own! Now THAT would be cool. yes

I am half goat...

Posted by Amy on Sat, 12/31/2011 - 21:43
I so agree!!!!!!!!!  

I so agree!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Makayla on Mon, 05/07/2012 - 17:23
Oh man! that would be fun!

Oh man! that would be fun! I've been dreaming on making a magazine written by kid authors!

Posted by Yasmin on Thu, 08/15/2013 - 22:15
I think kid pub should have

I think kid pub should have a e-paper. Filled with pictures and aeticals like these that should be e-mailed to all kidpub members,

Posted by Makayla on Mon, 05/07/2012 - 17:22
In  romeo   and  

In  romeo   and   julet  why  do  they   both  die  insted  of   living     happyly  ever  after   togerther ?!!!

Posted by Kimberly on Sat, 07/07/2012 - 13:18
I think that kidpub should

I think that kidpub should e-mail all of the members a letter each month or every other week that talks about what goes on around kidpub!!!

Posted by Nikki on Sun, 07/29/2012 - 15:00
@ Kimberly: ....Because that

@ Kimberly:

....Because that would be cliche, predictable, and a tad bit boring? xD

Posted by Cherrybomb on Sun, 08/12/2012 - 00:15