/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ KidPub News for Kids | KidPub Press //
KidPub News for Kids

KidPub News for Kids

Posted November 26th, 2008 by perryd

KidPub gathers news from around the world for you to read, especially about authors, books, and popular movies. This is an experimental service and so might change from time to time. When you read a story, you can hit the 'Back' button in your browser to come back to KidPub.

Milton Academy partners with teen scientist to offer free book - Boston Herald

Boston Herald

Milton Academy partners with teen scientist to offer free book
Boston Herald
Today, at 18, Kaura is the author of a children's book of experiments aptly called “The Learning of Science Begins With Why?” And, through a partnership with Milton Academy's Saturday Course, the book is now available for free to youngsters on the ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

Make-A-Wish teen passes on Disney, to write a book about her illness - 10TV

ABC6OnYourSide.com

Make-A-Wish teen passes on Disney, to write a book about her illness
10TV
You've probably heard of Make-a-Wish. The charity grants wishes for children with life-threatening illnesses. Some wish for an exotic trip or a day at an amusement park. But one local teenager wished for the chance to make a difference. Timberly White ...
Central Ohio teen fulfills wish to publish book, spread awareness about illnessABC6OnYourSide.com

all 4 news articles »

Read more [News for Kids ]

In 'Educated,' the inspiring story of an isolated young woman determined to learn - USA TODAY

USA TODAY

In 'Educated,' the inspiring story of an isolated young woman determined to learn
USA TODAY
And even when presenting the rough parts, Westover, now 31, doesn't wail. She writes about it as she processed it when she was growing up insulated: in a straightforward manner. It wasn't until she reached her teen years that she began to realize not ...

and more »

Read more [News for Kids ]

From Data to Action – Building a Better Future for Hoosier Kids - Chicago Tribune

Chicago Tribune

From Data to Action – Building a Better Future for Hoosier Kids
Chicago Tribune
The 2018 Indiana KIDS COUNT Data Book shows improvements over last year in children's health insurance coverage and teen pregnancy rates. Meanwhile, significant challenges remain in the areas of economics, safety and education. Furthermore, substantial ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

Select authors' group has staying power with HCTPL readers - Huntington Country TAB

Huntington Country TAB

Select authors' group has staying power with HCTPL readers
Huntington Country TAB
For example, in teen fiction, “The Lightning Thief” by Rick Riordan, has been out for years, but still finds popularity among teen readers, hitting No. 1 in the young adult with 26 checkouts in 2017. It shared the same number of circs as “Harry Potter ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

Harvard Public Library news - Wicked Local Brockton

Harvard Public Library news
Wicked Local Brockton
This 30- to 45-minute program, appropriate for ages 4 to 7, begins with a few longer picture book stories and ends with a process art project that encourages preschoolers to explore art materials in an open-ended, creative manner. Register is now open ...

and more »

Read more [News for Kids ]

Harvard Public Library news - Wicked Local Walpole

Harvard Public Library news
Wicked Local Walpole
This is an infant story time for ages 2 and younger. Mother Goose on the Loose is an early literacy program that uses rhymes and songs to help pre-reading children get ready for reading. It incorporates music, movement, ritual, repetition, positive ...

and more »

Read more [News for Kids ]

Can You Revise a Book to Make It More Woke? - Vulture

Vulture

Can You Revise a Book to Make It More Woke?
Vulture
It wasn't until five months later that a legion of less enchanted readers took to Twitter to offer a differing perspective. Justina Ireland, an African-American author of young-adult fiction, tweeted out a point-by-point summary of her read in which ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

The State of Michigan Wants Author to Use Book Profits Towards His Incarceration - Complex

Complex

The State of Michigan Wants Author to Use Book Profits Towards His Incarceration
Complex
His book, The Graybar Hotel, has since been published. While he didn't beat O.J.'s prison profits, critics acclaimed Dawkins's prose, which revealed life behind bars through the lens of a former addict convicted with murder. Dawkins intended the ...

and more »

Read more [News for Kids ]

Candace Cooksey-Fulton: Friends of the Library sale fast approaching - San Angelo Standard Times

San Angelo Standard Times

Candace Cooksey-Fulton: Friends of the Library sale fast approaching
San Angelo Standard Times
Hardback books sell for $4, and paperbacks go for $2 each, and children's books are available for a range of prices. The inventory includes cookbooks, audio books, fiction and nonfiction – something for just about every interest, said board member Jan ...

and more »

Read more [News for Kids ]

Owasso author author publishes latest book - Claremore Daily Progress

Claremore Daily Progress

Owasso author author publishes latest book
Claremore Daily Progress
Owasso author Norma Jean Lutz said her latest book, “Brought To You By the Color Drab” was a long time in coming. The author of hundreds of magazine articles and short stories, career writer Lutz said the inspiration for her latest story was born out ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

XML feed
This is a cool addition to

This is a cool addition to the site Perry!

*** Buckets and Puddles, ~Vanessa:) -- "A good writer write's from their soul..." "Taking writing away from an author is like taking water away from a fish." "Don't save a pitcher for tomorrow--tomorrow it may rain." -Major League Baseball

Posted by Vanessa on Tue, 12/16/2008 - 21:34
This is cool! I just read

This is cool! I just read about another Wizard of Oz.

Posted by Gabi on Wed, 05/19/2010 - 18:30
Coolio! thirdbreedcullens.web

Coolio!

thirdbreedcullens.webs.com <---- Website check it or I'll set the Volturi on you! I mean it!

Posted by Anya on Sun, 01/11/2009 - 20:30
What the- "I wasen't worried

What the-

"I wasen't worried at all... except for the part I was worried of course!" ~~~ Winnie the Pooh

Posted by The Nobody on Thu, 01/29/2009 - 20:18
ha ha ha!!! wait... what?!?!

ha ha ha!!! wait... what?!?!

Posted by Kelsey on Sat, 01/16/2010 - 09:28
this is interesting it makes

this is interesting it makes kidpub interesting aswell

Posted by Holly on Fri, 02/12/2010 - 14:08
This is an awesome edition

This is an awesome edition to the site! If you need more articles, I've posted a few.

Posted by Jack on Thu, 06/10/2010 - 16:35
Wow, super cool idea!!! But

Wow, super cool idea!!! But I think we should have a newspaper that the pubbers write. It could have stuff like new members, news on the NES and contest winners... even contests of its own! Now THAT would be cool. yes

I am half goat...

Posted by Amy on Sat, 12/31/2011 - 21:43
I so agree!!!!!!!!!  

I so agree!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Makayla on Mon, 05/07/2012 - 17:23
Oh man! that would be fun!

Oh man! that would be fun! I've been dreaming on making a magazine written by kid authors!

Posted by Yasmin on Thu, 08/15/2013 - 22:15
I think kid pub should have

I think kid pub should have a e-paper. Filled with pictures and aeticals like these that should be e-mailed to all kidpub members,

Posted by Makayla on Mon, 05/07/2012 - 17:22
In  romeo   and  

In  romeo   and   julet  why  do  they   both  die  insted  of   living     happyly  ever  after   togerther ?!!!

Posted by Kimberly on Sat, 07/07/2012 - 13:18
I think that kidpub should

I think that kidpub should e-mail all of the members a letter each month or every other week that talks about what goes on around kidpub!!!

Posted by Nikki on Sun, 07/29/2012 - 15:00
@ Kimberly: ....Because that

@ Kimberly:

....Because that would be cliche, predictable, and a tad bit boring? xD

Posted by Cherrybomb on Sun, 08/12/2012 - 00:15
I can't believe these

I can't believe these comments stopped in 2012...we need to jack up KP!

Dem Ditches Stay Away! Lavinia,

Posted by *Lavinia* on Tue, 08/30/2016 - 23:41
Agreed.   <> Read my book,
Posted by pikathunder on Sat, 11/12/2016 - 22:03