//
KidPub's Never Ending Story
The Story So Far...
Peter tried to write some riddles down, but the words spun in his head and it started to give him a headache. He wasn't used to the mansion like Sunset was and needed to get used to it. Although he missed some words here or there,he got enough down to satisfy himself. "How do we get out?" He asked Sunset when it looks like she was done. She smiled grimly. "We have to solve one of the riddles of the riddle master. Cheesy, I know, but it looks like the mansion is addicted to making it hard for us. Come on, I'll lead the way to him." Peter threaded his fingers through Sunset's and she lead him to some stairs, climbing them carefully. After going through a door at the top of these stairs, a man stood before them. "Hello, Sunset. It's been a while. Ready for another riddle?" He asked, although Peter swore he couldn't see the man's mouth moving.
--Misanthropy (Ruby)

*Really, Justin? You've been eating all this time? Aw shucks, I couldn't resist typing another really bad joke on here.* "I agree... he's strange nowadays," Cecelia said. "If we go back the way we came, surely we'll find the staff." *That was also short... I'm getting kind of lazy and not checking this place often, and when I do come here I don't really have many ideas!*
--FlopFish (Kaitlyn)

*Ahhh, I see what you did there! Lol good one ^*
--AuthorMind(Justin)

*same kaitlyn. Hopefully we can all keep it going though.*
--Misanthropy (Ruby)

*I'd post if I actually had any ideas...*
--adventure of a lifetime {luna}

*Thanks, Justin. I could probably joke all day... Ruby, what is it going through... a wall? Whoops. I really think that the wall is a wall of my jokes.*
--FlopFish (Kaitlyn)

(Luna, would Echo like it if Willow came back...? I don't have the time and energy to work on the new one right now but I can post occasionally if you'd like? At least it'd get the ball rolling for you guys or something. I could also do Colin or Laia or Rijul (Laia's younger brother) but I'd much prefer Willow as she was the first oc on the NES for me)
--Scilloideae (*Jill*)

Hey would you guys mind if I join? (And if I can will someone please sum up what's going on right now please?)
--Norah

*Sure, I will happily do it for you tomorrow but um I've had 2 hours sleep and my back is stabbing me but ill make sure to do it when im better. Check out the latest newsletter for a summary of what has happened recently*
--Misanthropy (Ruby)

*Nice! For those that need to be filled in, here's what we know and what has been written: The Creator (a highly disliked villain who had ties to the character Sunset) was recently defeated. Thanks to a combination of some teenagers with abilities, (I forgot how many), Gateway Mansion was restored to it's usual random self. Except now a girl by the name of Cecilia has arrived and brings news of a boy with orange eyes, someone from her past, and he is not to be messed with. If anything, she seems to know her way around the Mansion and even possesses special items...Our group currently works to put an ends to the orange-eyed guy (shortened to W.V.). Classic character Liz has been busy with school and classic character Gary (her brother) joined Cecilia after trying to help my dude Leed retrieve his missing parents. Echo is with them along with Peter and Sunset (cute couple). Cecilia recently dropped her staff...she's gotta snatch it back! I'll post a paragraph soon*
--AuthorMind(Justin)

*mmhm. I'm only here for Echo, so.*
--Scilloideae (*Jill*)

*Wow, I haven't been here in a really really reallllllly long time. Thanks for summarizing what's going on, Justin. That was awesome-er (uh, I don't think that's a word) than anything I could do. It's just that it's Cecelia, not Cecilia*
--FlopFish (Kaitlyn)

*Oops, I'm sorry* So, with Cecelia closely following Leed, on the outskirts of the gravitational field, the two backtrack. Gary and Echo eagerly watch from afar as Leed notices Cecilia's staff spinning out of control. He reaches desperately, bobbing this way and that. "Almost have it!" He shouts. "But I'm not letting you go...we'll float into oblivion!" Glowing a healthy, magnificent light, the staff inches into Leed's grasp. Lengths of carpet swirl around them. Cecelia thanks Leed before he pixelates beside his friends Echo and Gary once again. W.V. had to be put to an end. Gary traces a constellation out of the void and a doorway solidifies. Echo barges through, taking note that gravity was back to normal in this new room. Our group tumbles in, free of floating, and scans their whereabouts. Conveniently, Peter and Sunset happened to be standing above them, silly looks on their faces. "Funny way to meet up! How can we help?"
--AuthorMind(Justin)

*It's fine! As long as you're here I guess we could keep this moving. Just one thing, who said the "How can we help?"*
--MooKittens (Kaitlyn)

*I guess Peter.*
--AuthorMind(Justin)

Cecelia immediately felt Sunset become more guarded as she realised that she was back with her, so she tried to make an effort to seem friendly. "It's really good that you guys are here. We could really use as much assistance as needed. Did you find anything, by the way?" She tried her best to smile genuinely. Sunset found it amusing that she was trying so hard, but didn't point it out. "We went into the riddle room to see if it had any clues to where your....companion...might be. After decoding the riddles a bit, I think I have an idea of where to go. If you will let me lead you there, of course." She said, smiling a little. Cecelia felt anxious. "Okay, but if we find them, we need to be prepared. They have seemed to turn a bit evil, obviously, but we need to make sure we have a plan before we go an confront them." Sunset nodded. "Of course." She felt Peter stiffen and realised he had something to say. "Why did you want to find them in the first place, Cecelia? You need to tell us so we can handle them better. Please. You can trust us." Peter said to her.
--Misanthropy (Ruby)

Hi guys ,would you mind if i join you?
--Ayni Ahmed Abdi

wow
--tooru the bitter salt king

hi ena. Knew you'd come.
--Scilloideae (*Jill*)

Restart
--A Ghost's Past

Enter the next paragraph...
--Erin

Enter the next paragraph... Once upon a time a girl called Chloe....
--Erin

*Wait - we're restarting already? We didn't finish anything! I'm so confused :P*
--MooKittens (Kaitlyn)

you can't restart the NES. sorry.
--Swallowtail

Is this going to stop out of nowhere? I guess people are getting bored...lol
--AuthorMind(Justin)

*we can't just restart it all together out of nowhere. Sorry I've been away, I went on an alpine camp with school. If we are going to restart, we need to end what we started. We also need it to be something to do with Gary and liz otherwise we aren't following the tradition or the official description of the NES.*
--Misanthropy (Ruby)

*I agree with Ruby but we left off where again? Trying to fight W.V.*
--AuthorMind(Justin)

*Justin, I think we left off about here... I'll copy and paste the last post from the story Ruby said, last time we were on track: "Cecelia immediately felt Sunset become more guarded as she realised that she was back with her, so she tried to make an effort to seem friendly. "It's really good that you guys are here. We could really use as much assistance as needed. Did you find anything, by the way?" She tried her best to smile genuinely. Sunset found it amusing that she was trying so hard, but didn't point it out. "We went into the riddle room to see if it had any clues to where your....companion...might be. After decoding the riddles a bit, I think I have an idea of where to go. If you will let me lead you there, of course." She said, smiling a little. Cecelia felt anxious. "Okay, but if we find them, we need to be prepared. They have seemed to turn a bit evil, obviously, but we need to make sure we have a plan before we go an confront them." Sunset nodded. "Of course." She felt Peter stiffen and realised he had something to say. "Why did you want to find them in the first place, Cecelia? You need to tell us so we can handle them better. Please. You can trust us." Peter said to her." So that's where we left off! And I will make a paragraph riiiiight now.* Cecelia replied, "I thought I told you, but the first time I met him was when the Creator existed. We were both slaves of him on different missions in different places... the only thing we had in common was the fact that we had breaks together. Then Sunset defeated the Creator and we escaped while he was distracted. We went outside and started exploring. We parted, and enjoyed ourselves alone. When we finally met up again, W.V. seemed to have changed, I'm trying to figure out what he has planned for me... and everyone else. Before we parted yet again, I stole his staff. I don't know what it has to do with anything, but it has a certain aura that makes me think it had something to do with his plans..."
--MooKittens (Kaitlyn)

Enter the next paragraph...
--Eagle eye (Roen)

Butt
--Eagle eye (Roen)

*Thanks! I'm going to pick up again so we can at least finish this "season" I guess.* Sunset composed herself. "According to one simple riddle Peter and I solved, W.V. resides somewhere UNDERNEATH the Mansion. An entire city of sorts is down there and crawls with his followers......any chance he may have been corrupted by the Creator before we defeated him?" Cecilia pictured this. Her emotions got the best of her and she began to shake nervously. "There's a high chance of that. How do we go below the Mansion?" Her group of friends huddled closer together. Peter spoke. "We'll need to wait. No rushing into this! Since Gateway Mansion literally twists and turns, at a random point in the day will its basements swap into stairwells. I say after a good break, maybe laying low here for a bit, we head below when every basement becomes our ticket to the secret underground city!" Echo, Gary, and Leed nodded their heads. Sunset looked at Cecilia to see if she was relaxing. "Sure, that sounds smart. Plus, I'd like to get to know all of you better. Can we sit and talk as normal teenagers for once?" She smiled.
--AuthorMind(Justin)

you know me so well jill
--yulmallen is real 2k16

Sunset winced to herself at the thought- she couldn't remember her years in school very well since she was nearly 300 years old. Nevertheless, she returned Cecelia's smile. "Sure. It would be good to have some small talk." She answered. The group settled in to the space, sitting on the floor. Silence filled the air but Cecelia interrupted it quickly. "So...tell me about yourselves." She started, scanning around the circle they had formed. "Peter? How about you first." Sunset felt Peter stiffen a little and resisted the urge to ask him what was wrong. "Well..I..." Peter shrugged. "I guess I'll start from the beginning." *sorry I haven't been here in a while, I had a skiing camp for school*
--Misanthropy (Ruby)

He thought back to when this crazy Mansion became a part of his life. Peter stroked his chin as he recounted memories. Echo, Leed, Sunset, Cecilia, and Gary sat quietly, strangely wishing they had popcorn in their hands as they listened to his story.
--AuthorMind(Justin)

((There is no way "tooru the bitter salt king" is not you. Also, since Luna hasn't replied, I'm just gonna scoot outta here, bye.))
--Scilloideae (*Jill*)

((lol I meant the "knew you'd come" part. oBV tooru the bitter salt king is me haha))
--lotus pain (ena)

Enter the next paragraph...
--Abby

Login or join KidPub to post a paragraph

KidPub's Never Ending Story

In Gateway Mansion there are many, many doors. Some lead to great and at the same time terrifying adventures. While others simply lead to darkness and storage spaces. Nevertheless, two young siblings, Gary & Liz, inhabiting Gateway Mansion never know what is around the next corner. Because, in such a topsy, turvy place, your next move, your next breath, could be your last.

Now, with the help of young authors all around the world, the chronicles of their adventures are being revealed. You, too, can take part in piecing together their Never Ending Story.
(thanks to Kiowa~*, Kati, Lauren, Gabby and others for that great introduction!)