//
KidPub's Never Ending Story
The Story So Far...
(( I was going to write a paragraph involving some adjustments, but after skimming the Goal's and Theme's page Ena made I'm gonna do a bit of group organizing instead, if nobody minds. So, @Kaitlyn, thank you for your help with Sunset and Peter. If it isn't too much trouble we could use a bio for Aquamarine Judgement, also as soon as we get back to actually writing there does need to be a bit more exposition on what W.V. is after specifically and why he poses a threat to the group. @Justin, you're doing good rn, nothing in particular that is needed from you, just try to keep in mind what you want to happen with Leed and his parents and maybe start to incorporate that thread into the story. @Ena, ur doing great, mate))
--StickyNotesRe

((Important Things To Note: -Erebus and Erebos are two separate planets. // -The gateway group is on Erebus, trying to get to Erebos. // -W.V. is on Erebos, which appears to be his base. // - The easiest way for the group to get from Erebus to Erebos is probably for them to return to Kyle's spaceship and warp there // -The riddle book title was marked as important earlier. Don't forget to tie up that thread. // -Aqua stated that something bad was going to happen. Remember to have this bad thing happen. // - Echo has been hearing voices and getting hecka weird amnesia-like feelings, Gary has also been getting these hecka weird feelings. Don't worry too much about that plot thread, i'll take care of it later. // -W.V. is Cecelia's father. // -Leed is looking for his parents, he's not just in this for the heck of it. ))
--StickyNotesRe

((lmao Mallory, on the other hand, is very much in this for the heck of it.))
--toska

(( lol yes. )) (( I made a thread for easier organization purposes and whatnot: https://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?p=593432#post593432 ))
--StickyNotesRe

*Okay, thanks everyone for the clarifying! :) I'll keep my paragraph handy for when we start writing again, and start working on Aqua's form. I feel so much better about this knowing that eventually this will be sorted out. (By the way, some of these characters met W.V. before long, long ago. If you want me to include what happened in the forum, just let me know! Of course, it doesn't reveal much about him. But it may be useful later! I think next time the group meets him I'll clarify some things about what he is doing.)*
--OctagonalSkyscraper (Kaitlyn)

(( Well...i'm avoiding schoolwork so...y'all get a paragraph, it's not very well written, sorry fam)) Gary tapped his fingers on the glass countertop, his eyes skimmed the hovercrafts as he pretended to examine them. The cashier was beginning to look suspicious. He had a plan, but it was shaky, poorly formulated, and they didn't have more time to spend fine-tuning the details. He flashed his hand at the cashier and turned to whisper in Leed's ear. "I'm going to try to get him to go to the back room, when he opens the door, peek over his shoulder and try teleporting inside, to a spot he won't see you." Leed nodded, and frowned. "And what are you going to do?" "I'll distract him for as long as I can. Grab any hoverboard that looks like it'll do what we want it to, then get out of dodge." "Have you made a decision?" The cashier interrupted their whispering, he sounded weary, and more than a little irritated. Gary faced the cashier and flashed a Duchenne smile. "Sorry, not quite. I was wondering if maybe you had one with...flames?" The cashier's eyebrows raised, "You want flames...?" Gary snapped his fingers, "Yeah! You know, like, painted on the sides? Do you have anything like that?" The cashier's puzzled expression deepened. "I'll check." He said slowly. He spun on his heels and shuffled over to a white door tucked between the shelves of smaller hovercraft. The door swung open, and Leed peered surreptitiously around the tired worker. The cashier stepped into the room and reached back to catch the handle of the door. Leed sucked in a breath as the door was being pulled shut, and in the span of a heartbeat he had vanished. Gary huffed out a sigh as the door clicked shut, he ran his fingers through his limp hair and threw a glance around the store. Luckily, it was empty, and it didn't look like there were any camera's pointed at the spot Leed had been in either. As long as the cashier didn't spot Leed, they should be ok. A crash and a loud bang emitted from behind the door, followed by indistinct shouting. So much for being ok. Gary leaped to action, he vaulted the glass counter and grabbed for the back room door. With a twist and a jerk he yanked the door open just in time for Leed to stumble out. "Gogogo." Leed gasped, snatching the hem of Gary's shirt and dragging him along a few steps. At that moment the cashier emerged from the back room, hoisting a slim, sliver handgun. Gary's eyes widened, his breath hitched. "Aw hell." He muttered. He and Leed crashed out the front door, tailed closely by the cashier. It was just their luck, the one hoverboard shop they tried to rob, and the employees were armed! A shot rang out, the crowd was thrown into a frenzy by the noise. Gary and Leed traded scared glances, "Spaceship?" Gary said, "Spaceship." Leed nodded, they took off running back the way they had come from.
--StickyNotesRe

Mallory tilted their head, eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Father part? If W.V. is your father part, it means you and W.V. are connected, right? Do you have data on W.V.? If W.V. is a part of yours, you have to know something about what W.V. is doing... or maybe data on Erebos and Erebus? Because if it's data programmed into the memory of W.V. and W.V. is connected to you, then there has to be data you can access." (lol don't worry Re nothing I write is very good lmao)
--sanguine

*Can someone explain to me a little why they needed a hover board again? Leed could've teleported Gary to the original person who gave off waves of energy in the tubes. But, the show must go on!* Freak and Kyle spun to the hooting and hollering of Gary and Leed. They were small, scurrying figures against a starry backdrop. In Leed's left arm was a shiny amber hoverboard, linked to a rather unbelievable price tag. "Got what you were looking for?" Kyle questioned. He stood stiff and regal. Freak blinked, muddled. Gary laughed in a mixture of exhilaration and fear. "A cashier nearly shot us to death. But, we scored a sweet ride that'll help us find W.V." Each of them huddled. They rushed single-file back into the craft where Cecelia and Mallory were contemplating a solid plan with Aquamarine Judgement.
--AuthorMind(Justin)

*Just to let you guys know, I won't be on for awhile. Sorry about that, but I have a big project that I want to finish :P*
--LightningLexigraphy (Kaitlyn)

((Wow, this thing is still going on? I remember being excited for this when I joined!))
--Alicia

(( They don't really need a hoverboard. They were trying to get one in an earlier paragraph and I'm not quite sure why...? But we can def. work with a hoverboard. )) ((@Alicia you can still be excited *hypnotizes you to join*)) There were three people missing from the spaceship. Sunset, Peter, and Echo had yet to return from their venture out into Erebus, and with no way to contact them, or tell which direction they had gone, the only thing left to do was wait. Kyle paced the outside hull, carrying out final checks, while the others plotted inside. "We're going to Erebos?" Leed asked. Cecelia nodded in confirmation, her finger was by her mouth and she gnawed it nervously. "I thought we were there already." Leed waved a hand to encompass everything outside the hull. "No, this is Erebus." Aqua corrected. "Uh...right." Leed rubbed the back of his neck, confused, "I guess this place /is/ to idyllic to be W.V.'s home." At his words, Cecelia grimaced. "Yeah, I guess." She mumbled, and turned away from the group. Kyle entered, and began to run checks on the inner controls of the ship, he stopped briefly to glance at everyone, almost as if he was worried that one of them might have wandered off while he was outside. His eyes lighted on someone, and he hesitated a moment longer. "Gary, man, you alright?" Everyone turned to stare at Gary. He had been unusually quiet the entire time they were in the ship, and now he sat on a chair, with his head in his hands. He was rubbing his temples, and his eyes were screwed shut. "Fine." He answered with sparse conviction, "It's just a headache." Mallory crinkled their nose. Humans were so fragile, first broken father parts, now broken head parts. How did they keep up with repairs? "Aqua, Mallory, can you come help me with something?" Cecilia spoke up. She was walking away from the rest of the group, Aqua was hovering at her side, and she had something gripped in her hands. Mallory tilted their head, and went to follow Cecelia into the cockpit. 'Help' seemed to be something humans exchanged on a regular basis, a bit like currency, but Mallory couldn't decide how humans measured help, and they weren't sure how it translated into payment the way other forms of currency did. Nevertheless, they would give help. Once in the cockpit. Cecelia revealed the object she was carrying; the riddle book. "This," She said, hefting the book to give the other two a better look, "Is our key to getting to Erebos and finding W--, I mean, my father." She said, "I'm just not sure how..." She set the book down on the ground and flipped it open. Mallory edged closer, and kneeled beside the book, their eyes skimmed the letters while her mind ran silent internal searches on each one. "While we're here," Cecelia spoke up again, much quieter now, "could you guys keep quiet about W.V. being...You know. I don't think i'm ready for the rest of the group to know yet." "Not to worry, my lips are sealed." Aqua hummed. Cecelia cast pleading eyes on Mallory. "Um...yes, what the floating staff said...I think. Yes." Mallory tapped their fingers to their lips. Cecelia smiled. "Thank you." She bent her head back over the book and they all began to study it. A moment later, their studying was interrupted by a commotion out in the hull. "Their back!" Kyle's voice echoed. "What happened?" Came Leed's voice, concerned painting his words. Mallory sprang to their feet and headed for the hull, curious, but Cecelia stayed behind. Mallory peeked out of the cockpit, searching for the cause of the scuffle. Sunset, Peter, and Echo had returned. Echo was being supported on either side by Sunset and Peter. Her head sagged and her feet barely shuffled along on their own. "What happened?" Leed asked again, he took Peter's place at Echo's side, guiding her to a chair. "We don't know," Peter answered, "One minute we were talking to someone about the city, and the next she was collapsing." The moment Echo was seated, she drew her knees to her chest and clamped her hands over her head. "It hurts," She whispered, "My head hurts." "Do you have any painkillers?" Sunset asked Kyle. "That won't help." Freak joined the fray. He positioned himself by Echo's side, his right eye a soft blue. "Why not?" Sunset demanded, turning to face Freak. Her hands were planted firmly on her hips. Freak shrugged. "It just won't." "What makes you think that?" Kyle stepped around Sunset, his glare accusatory, "What do you know that we don't?" He jabbed a finger at Freak, his other hand was clenched at his side. Freak sighed. "Nothing." He replied, "I don't know anything. Give them both painkillers if you want." "Both?" Kyle faltered. Echo winced, a weak cry escaped her parted lips. Across from her, Gary was still rubbing his temples. Although now his eyes were open, and he was staring at Echo. "THAT'S IT!" Cecelia shrieked from her place in the cockpit. Everyone jumped. "I've found it!" She gasped, running into the hull with the riddle book clasped to her chest. A smile was on her face, and her eyes glinted excitedly. Her excitement faltered when she took in the scene before her, but nearly instantly she perked up again, "I've found the way to defeat W.V."
--StickyNotesRe

(wtf..... how do u write mallory better than me.........)
--blue sanguine

*I'm baaack! It's nice to be able to write again.* Nearly everyone's eyes lit up with hope. Finally someone's figured out something useful. "See? Look at this page in the book!" She showed it to them... and it was blank. Cecelia noticed it was blank when she turned it back to her. "What - what happened to it?? It was right there a minute ago!" She shook the book in frustration, hoping that somehow it would appear back on the page again. Kyle stopped searching in his cabinet of medicine, realizing something was going on. "Let me see that," he said, placing a container of anti-acid tablets back on its shelf and coming over. He looked over Cecelia's shoulder and somehow knew what she was looking for. "I think what you're looking for is on page 77." He flipped the pages and Cecelia looked at him in astonishment. However, he didn't say a word as he went back to the cabinet to look for the painkillers. Cecelia's anxious frown turned into a smile once again and she said, "It's here!" She showed the page again. It was a beautiful painting of a valley, and it was really detailed. Someone must've took years to make it that realistic. However, the page seemed to make the scene ripple, as if it was underwater or it was very hot there. But the page wasn't magical, it was just an ordinary page! Once everyone got a chance to look at it, Cecelia continued. "This is a portal that changes where it takes you every five minutes. If we wait long enough it will eventually lead us to W.V.'s lair. We can tell if it's his lair by the painting shown on the page, it always gives you a preview of where you're going. I've been there before, so I know what the rooms look like."
--LightningLexigraphy (Kaitlyn)

Enter the next paragraph...
--ss

Enter the next paragraph...
--ss

(How do I do this thing? I don't know what it is, and I have no idea what is going on)
--Quartz

*Quartz, this is the NES, or the Never Ending Story. It is what it's called - a story that goes on forever. We enter our paragraphs here, and then we use a wiki and a KidPub forum to keep it neat and organized. The wiki's here: http://gateway-nes.wikia.com/wiki/Gateway_NES_Wiki. And the forum's here: https://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=4638#593452. You can also scroll up and read through what has been typed here to see what the characters have been doing recently. Sometimes we talk here and use the * symbol to show it is not part of the story. Do you want me to give a summary of what's happening in the story so you can add to it more easily? If you have any other questions, feel free to ask them! :)*
--LightningLexigraphy (Kaitlyn)

*Oh okay, what is going on in the story? I've came here to look at stuff but I didn't understand anything much.*
--Quartz

*Okay, I'll try my best to give you a summary! There's a lot to cover, though... In the story, there is this girl named Cecelia who owns a talking staff called Aquamarine Judgement (Aqua for short). She has been looking for her father, (she only knows his initials) W.V., because he isn't acting as he usually does and she wants to find out why. She stumbles upon a group of adventurers that came from the Gateway Mansion (Sunset, Peter, Echo, Gary, and Leed). Once they entered a gingerbread castle where they met someone named Freak and another person named Kyle. (There's a lot of names I have to mention in this summary, you can learn more about these characters on the wiki!) Kyle, who seems to be part of the Space Patrol, gets them out of the gingerbread castle. They figure out where W.V. is located (Erebos) but they have to find a specific device to get to him (which is on Erebus). Right now they are in Kyle's spaceship (Gary and Echo both have horrible headaches) and Cecelia found out a way to get to W.V.'s "lair." (My paragraph above explains what she found!)*
--LightningLexigraphy (Kaitlyn)

*I don't know if I can do anything to add stuff... I have the craziest ideas but most of the times they are good. People might not like my ideas so.....*
--Quartz

*I'm sure your ideas are awesome :) I did read some of your stories and they are great! Feel free to join in whenever you're ready, though, I don't want to rush you. I just need to write a paragraph, and after that you can do whatever with it :)*
--LightningLexigraphy (Kaitlyn)

*Here's my paragraph! It's kind of lengthy...* According to Cecelia, now all our heroic adventurers have to do is wait. So, all of them stared at the book, sure that when the next scene pops up, Cecelia will jump up and exclaim, "This is the one!" But no, nothing happened. For a long time, this went on and on. However, right when Cecelia was about to close the book and give up, the painting flashed once again, signaling that it changed its portal's location. She glanced at it, thinking it was probably the wrong one. This time it was actually the right scene! "This is the scene that'll lead us there! I knew it would come back!" Cecelia said, excitedly. Some of the group who gave up on looking at the book came back over, realizing that hope wasn't completely lost. Before they went in, they got a chance to examine the painting. It was very detailed and realistic, as usual, but this didn't look anything like a lair. It looked more like an ordinary house. There were comfortable chairs surrounding a fireplace, and it was burning, distributing a peaceful warmth across the room. A mysterious figure was sitting in one of the chairs, holding a cup of tea. Since they were only seeing the back of this figure, they could only tell that the figure had midnight black hair, which was surprisingly the same shade as Cecelia's and Kyle's. Since it was only a painting, they did not see the person moving, they would only see movement if they actually went through the portal. Cecelia was about to jump in when Aqua stopped her with a translucent red wall. "Wait a minute. So you guys think we're all going to jump in there?" asked Aqua. "You know that Gary and Echo have headaches, so they'd have to stay here. And someone would have to stay with them." Everyone glanced at each other. There was an odd silence for a few seconds. Aqua did make a point, they should stay. They could potentially be brought into danger if they went through the portal and they definitely weren't in the condition to deal with it. Sunset, aware of these things, said, "I'll stay." The see-through red wall faded the moment she said it. And then it reappeared again, to the frustration of Cecelia. "Are you sure?" asked Aqua. Sunset nodded, and the wall disappeared - for good this time. Cecelia jumped through almost immediately, almost as if it was her destiny to finish this quest of hers, and was followed by Aqua, Freak, Mallory, and Peter. Kyle found the correct painkiller right after Peter went through and approached Sunset. "Here, have this. It may help them," he said, gesturing toward Gary and Echo. And then he went through the portal as well. The group was greeted by the warmth of the fire. The portal worked! Cecelia, however, didn't look at her surroundings and ran into the next room like there was no tomorrow, holding her staff. Kyle seemed just as panicked when he realized Cecelia ran into the next room without looking around first. He sped into the next room like the world was ending in three seconds and the machine to disable the operation was in the next room. The rest of the group glanced at each other with perplexed looks on their faces but went into the next room since there wasn't anything else to do. Besides Mallory. They found an interesting timepiece and placed it in their pocket, thinking they may be able to discover its operating system and somehow relate it to a human's. Once the group, including Mallory, got in to the next room, they realized they were in a lab of some sort. And the mysterious figure they saw in the picture was looking out the window on the far side of the lab. They found themselves frozen in place, even though it wasn't because they were firghtened. Kyle stopped Cecelia from talking to the figure, and instead spoke himself. "Hello, sir, we're looking for someone called - " He cut himself off as the figure turned toward him, immediately recognizing who was in front of him. Orange eyes. Crooked smile. Everything was the same as before. "You're looking for someone called W.V.? Well, you are certainly in the right place," said the figure. "The only thing that you need to do is step once to the right." Kyle narrowed his eyes in suspicion. The figure noticed, and said, "Well, if you doubt me, you could step once to the left." Cecelia, being the closest to Kyle, also found the figure familiar... But not a comforting kind of familiar. She was shocked. "Father?!" she said, finally figuring out who this was. The figure, which was W.V., turned toward her. "Oh, I see what's going on. You and all of your silly friends are going to try to save the world, and I'm the villian. I have no time for games right now, Genevieve." Cecelia gasped. "You - you called me - " She was too alarmed to finish her sentence. "Octavian! Don't do that to her!" Kyle said, enraged. "First you give her a life limit, and then you reveal all of her personal information!" W.V. smiled at Kyle's frustration. "Octavian. I love that name, Demetrice. You should've never mentioned it. And I'm doing her a favor, though you may not realize it." Kyle glared at W.V., silent for the moment. W.V. glanced over at Cecelia again, and noticed she was holding a staff. His eyes lit up in interest. "What do we have here?" Cecelia held the staff protectively. "It's mine," she said. "I'd give it to you if you gave me my life back." @No, no, no, this wasn't part of the plan!@ yelled Aqua's voice in her head. @I don't want to live with that freak!@ &I'm desperate. I promise I'll get you back afterwards.& replied Cecelia. @Uh uh. Not doing it.@ Aqua repeated. &But - & Cecelia was cut off as Aqua zipped out of her hands, glowing brighter than before. W.V. reached for Aqua, but she was skilled in the dodging department and glided past him with no problems. Cecelia gave up on the idea of getting her staff back and decided to do the plan that Aqua suggested. She focused on the one vial in the lab. It contained a glowing, white liquid, and a warning saying it was radioactive. She focused on it more. She heard a faint clanking noise, coming from it. Each time a bubble popped inside it, she heard a clanking sound, and the bubbles were popping every half second or so. She sneaked over toward it while W.V. was chasing the staff and Kyle was looking amused. She picked it up, carefully. This was the vial she needed, alright. Abruptly, she dropped it. Glass went everywhere as it crashed to the floor. But there was no liquid to be seen - it all evaporated. W.V. stopped running, and Kyle stopped smiling. W.V.'s eyes stopped glowing orange as soon as he stopped running. Cecelia realized his eyes were actually violet, like hers. "What just happened?" W.V. asked, looking around as if this place were another planet (which it was). Out of the corner of their eyes, the rest of the group saw a shadowy figure zip past them and out the door. But they also noticed they weren't stuck in place anymore. They rushed toward the others. "Sorry that we couldn't help," said Peter. "We were stuck." Freak nodded, but Mallory just looked confused. "Did Cecelia remove her father part?" they asked. This was going to be a lot of explaining... *A few hours later, after explaining some things to Mallory...* They got to know W.V. He was being controlled by something until Cecelia destroyed the vial it was held in. Although whatever powerful being that was in there was released, now W.V. acts just like he should. They also discovered Kyle was W.V.'s brother. W.V. disappeared from the Space Patrol awhile ago and Kyle was told to find him. So that's why they met him in the first place. W.V. didn't know exactly what he was doing while he was being controlled, and he doesn't know who was controlling him, either. By the way, Cecelia finally got her life back. Mostly, if you put a Life Limit on somebody (it's an enchantment) you give them a certain amount of time to live. She was pressured into coming here and persuading him to undo it. And the names they used while they were arguing - Genevieve, Octavian, and Demetrice - they didn't really explain them. No one asked about them, either, because they assumed it was a personal thing. The only thing they have to ask now is, "What's next?" *I know that probably was the end of the arc. Sorry about the quick close! BUT I'm planning to incorporate the thing that was in the vial into the next arc somehow, so please don't borrow that just yet. And thanks for reading, that was a lengthy paragraph!*
--LightningLexigraphy (Kaitlyn)

"What is the next direction? Is there another mission to start directly, or is there a home base for you to return to? Can I come with you?" Mallory fired off the questions rapidly. "Also, do the rest of you have 'fathers'? Is that just a human thing? I don't think I have a father."
--hazard

*Hey, Kaitlyn, nice job on ending the arc :), just one thing to note for future reference; what you did with Kyle was creative and interesting, however to my knowledge he is Justin's character, and you did make some major changes to the character (ex; making him related to W.V.). While it's perfectly alright to put twists like that for your own characters, you should make sure to ask the creators of any character that isn't yours before you go ahead and make major changes, and if the character doesn't have a specified creator (ex; Gary), or their creators are no longer a part of the NES (ex; Sunset), then just run it by the group either on here, or on the w/b page, ok? Cool. Otherwise, great job!*
--Nephthys Re

*@Re, thanks for letting me know, but Kyle is my character! I created him when the group was in the gingerbread castle. Even if he wasn't my character, I would've let the creator of the character know before making any changes. :) Here's a quote from my notes about the NES if you need to know exactly when I made him: "Sunset glanced over at the staff. 'Are you sure this is where Cecelia is at?' But at the same time, a desperate voice shouted, 'Please, save me!' They went in the direction of the voice. They found a shadow of a figure, but not the figure itself. The shadow stuttered, 'My name's Kyle, you must get me out of here! Someone has stolen me, and only my shadow is left! I need to become a shadow of someone or else I'll vanish!' The group glanced at each other, wondering how anyone could steal someone else and leave their shadow behind." Kyle had a different personality back then because I didn't have a form for him yet.*
--LightningLexigraphy (Kaitlyn)

Login or join KidPub to post a paragraph

KidPub's Never Ending Story

In Gateway Mansion there are many, many doors. Some lead to great and at the same time terrifying adventures. While others simply lead to darkness and storage spaces. Nevertheless, two young siblings, Gary & Liz, inhabiting Gateway Mansion never know what is around the next corner. Because, in such a topsy, turvy place, your next move, your next breath, could be your last.

Now, with the help of young authors all around the world, the chronicles of their adventures are being revealed. You, too, can take part in piecing together their Never Ending Story.
(thanks to Kiowa~*, Kati, Lauren, Gabby and others for that great introduction!)