/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ KidPub's Never Ending Story | KidPub Press //
KidPub's Never Ending Story
The Story So Far...
"So where are you two from?" Rory asked, pivoting on his non-limpy foot to face them. He carried on walking backwards, his gait lopsided, favoring the same side that his metal arm was on. "Uh, we just moved...here," Liz answered, tucking her arms deeper into her poncho. The warmth was welcome. Rory's eyebrows arched, "And moving someplace means falling from the sky, where you're from?" he asked. Well, falling from the sky explained their bruises. "Not exactly," Gary mumbled, he wasn't paying much attention to the conversation. Instead he took in the village between foggy puffs of his own breath. A woman all in frills brushed by, her eyes skirting the newcomers. A long tear in her sleeve drew Gary''s attention, goosebumped skin peeked out between the frayed flaps but the woman made no move to cover it. Strange, he thought. The next stranger to pass had patches and obvious stitching holding his threadbare pants together. The more Gary looked, the more the beautiful, colorful village seemed less and less glamorous. One house had a caved-in porch, they passes an alley stuffed full of garbage and a woman curled up in a ball so tight that it was hard to tell if she was alive. A store with bright red siding had a boarded-over hole beside the door. He turned to check out the other side of the street they were strolling down, and caught Pepper's gaze lingering on him. "It's sad, isn't it?" she asked, with a half-hearted smile, "we got cut-off a while ago." the smile wavered, and finally shrank out of existence. Gary didn't know what 'cut-off' meant, but clearly it was killing that town.
--Unclever Re

Login or join KidPub to post a paragraph

KidPub's Never Ending Story

In Gateway Mansion there are many, many doors. Some lead to great and at the same time terrifying adventures. While others simply lead to darkness and storage spaces. Nevertheless, two young siblings, Gary & Liz, inhabiting Gateway Mansion never know what is around the next corner. Because, in such a topsy, turvy place, your next move, your next breath, could be your last.

Now, with the help of young authors all around the world, the chronicles of their adventures are being revealed. You, too, can take part in piecing together their Never Ending Story.
(thanks to Kiowa~*, Kati, Lauren, Gabby and others for that great introduction!)