/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ KidPub's Never Ending Story | KidPub Press //
KidPub's Never Ending Story
The Story So Far...
They had been living in Gateway Mansion for longer than they could remember, but they never seemed to get older. They thought that they had never left their home--suite 12. It was safe there, with a kitchen, a living room, a bathroom, and a bedroom with two beds. But Gary was afraid to open any of the other doors in the hallway, while that was all Liz wanted to do. She walked by herself one morning, while Gary slept in. The hallway itself was always quiet, seemingly endless, well-lit by hanging lanterns. Liz had always loved the way the ornate, fluffy carpet felt under her feet. It felt like no one had ever walked here before she did. Suddenly, she heard a loud cry coming from behind the nearest door--Suite 17. Liz ran to it and had her hand on the doorknob before she'd thought about it, but then she paused. Gary wouldn't like it if she went by herself...but what if somebody behind that door needed her help?
--Tía Snow

Promise or no promise Liz was not just going to ignore someone who might need help. So she grabbed a paper and pencil wrote Gary a note "I heard someone crying out from suite 17 promise I'll be careful". She ran down the hall to suite 17 and threw open the door. She couldn't believe what she was seeing it was a room with a giant sinkhole in the middle. She turned to go get a rope or something to use so she could help anyone who might have fallen in, and found herself face to to face with a angry, no Livid Gary. In his right hand was her note and it looked like he'd been gripping it really tight. He said only one word. Grounded.
--Rose

Liz opened her mouth to protest, but was cut off by another cry, which really did come from down the hole. Her head and Gary’s swiveled towards the noise in unison, and Gary’s livid expression changed to one of abject concern. As much as he wanted to keep her safe, he didn’t want to leave a poor sod to rot in a hole. So the two of them, in unspoken agreement, scurried towards the sinkhole and looked down. There was a girl in there, older than them both by a few years. She was clutching her knees to her chest in visible distress, but the reason for her distress was nowhere to be seen. As they watched, she tossed back her head and cried out again.
--Tía Snow

"We need to do something!" Liz exclaimed, turning to her brother with a concerned expression. "Something like what?" Gary responded, his own worry mirroring his sister's. "We don't exactly have something that can help her up." He frowned in concentration, thinking. Liz glanced around, looking frantically for something they could use. "Maybe we could open another door?" she suggested after a moment, the girl in the sinkhole crying out again. "No, Liz, we don't open the doors," Gary responded. "That's the promise we made." "But she needs help!" cried Liz. She walked out of the room, Gary following nervously a moment later. "I'm going to find her help." She opened a nearby door, Gary looking on in anxiety, to reveal a lush, green jungle bursting with life. The twosome could practically feel the humidity coming out of the room beyond, though there were no walls as far as they could see. Animal noises cut through the quiet. Liz took a few steps inside, just enough to grab a vine, trying to figure out a way to cut it. "We need a way to cut this vine, then we could use it as a rope," Liz added brightly, looking around. "Do you have a pocketknife or something?"
--luna

Of course he didn't. Liz thought he came running after me. Just then she saw a sharp rock and remembered a scene from the jungle book where Mowgli had cut a vine with a rock. She did the same and threw down the vine to the girl but the girl dint grab it instead she cried out in pain again. That was when Liz noticed that she had a huge cut on her leg. There no way she can get up here by herself Liz said to Gary. Hold this she said tossing the vine to Gary and climbing down. Wait Liz Don't .. Gary shouted but Liz had already jumped into the hole with the other end of the vine tied around her waist as tight as she dared.
--Rose

The girl looked up quickly as Liz landed on the ground beside her, flinching fearfully. "No, it's okay!" said Liz, glad she could help someone older than herself calm down. "My name is Liz. I want to help you." The girl looked at her in disbelief, then in pained resignation. "Hello, little girl. I am Phantasia. I am afraid you cannot help, and you had better leave." Liz paused for a moment, taken aback, then barreled onward. "I can get you out of here, Fa...Fay..Ann..Tay. I can get you out of here, Ms. Tay, you just hang on to me and Gary will pull us both up!"
--Tía Snow

Gary pulled up Liz and Phantasia. "Not now Gary" she said when they got to their suite "i have to take care of Fay .. Ann ... Tay." After all she was the one who had taken med classes so she had to do this. She quickly grabbed the first aid kit. After she disinfected the wound she bandaged it. Gary watched as Liz worked and had to admit she was doing quite well. He was still mad at her but, for the time being he felt extremely proud of his caring sister. Of course as soon as Liz was done he still grounded her for the week. Like that's a change Liz muttered as she went to her section of the room. Her section, Gary's section and the common section were separated by curtains.
--Rose

Login or join KidPub to post a paragraph

KidPub's Never Ending Story

In Gateway Mansion there are many, many doors. Some lead to great and at the same time terrifying adventures. While others simply lead to darkness and storage spaces. Nevertheless, two young siblings, Gary & Liz, inhabiting Gateway Mansion never know what is around the next corner. Because, in such a topsy, turvy place, your next move, your next breath, could be your last.

Now, with the help of young authors all around the world, the chronicles of their adventures are being revealed. You, too, can take part in piecing together their Never Ending Story.
(thanks to Kiowa~*, Kati, Lauren, Gabby and others for that great introduction!)