//
KidPub's Never Ending Story
The Story So Far...
*Just a question. Am I making it too hard to continue? Whenever I write then there's a long pause. I'm sorry if I'm bothering you, I know things can get busy :P *
--WindOfTheWillow (Kaitlyn)

(btw, I have plans for another character that is somewhat connected to Mallory, but she won't come in for a while) Mallory looked deep in thought, brow furrowed and eyes looking towards the ceiling. "Planets, or dimensions? Because I haven't sensed any dimensional shifts. This is the same dimension as the place I met you? But a different sector of this dimension's habitable galaxy... Wait, W.V. can jump planets? Not dimensions? I've never heard of such a thing before... At least in a human. Are you sure your acquaintance W.V. is a human? If he is a human, he should only be able to travel through open CDGs...?" The others looked at them oddly, as their ponderings were being muttered strangely.
--e.s.b.

*If you want me to set up a scene for your new character later on, I'm always happy to help! Just let me know when you want her to join the others.* "I'm sure W.V. can only jump to other planets and that he is human. I have heard of something called a Cellular Database of Galaxies, which has the abbreviation of CDG, if that is what you are talking about, and it can transport you to different locations. However, I do not know whether or not it allows you to jump to other planets or dimensions." Cecelia expression seemed to show one of recognition. Somehow she remembers this. It is odd how everything seems to go back to her...
--WindOfTheWillow (Kaitlyn)

Dreads tapped seemingly absently on the silvery vial at his side. After a moment he tilted his head to address Mallory, "You're right, little one, W.V. shouldn't be able to cover such a distance without help." He stood up, his head nearly scraped the ceiling, and paced to the back, thinking hard. Potentially he could try to teleport everyone, but the last time he had hopped dimensions he had gone from Asia in 1419, to, uh, this candy place, present time. Besides, Kyle was already working on getting them onto Erebus. A problem- the problem- was how they would deal with W.V. once they finally cornered him. Dreads cast a long look at Cecelia. It seemed that this child may well be the key.
--WeThreeKings Re

"Cross-dimensional gates," Mallory said to Kyle. "I'm not at all educated about galaxies, but I know more about dimensions. But, within each dimension there's a lot outside my knowledge. Well, I'm a kid, after all." W.V.... This mysterious person was definitely something outside of their knowledge. He could prove to be interesting...
--e.s.b.

"Ah, I see," Kyle said, grateful for the clarification. "However, we shouldn't worry about all this, I know a place where we could get something to jump planets with. As long as we have enough gas to get us there we'll be fine..." He glanced at the gas meter again. *Meanwhile...* Out of the corner of her eye Cecelia saw Dreads looking at her. Why does everyone do that?! First Kyle, and then Dreads. At this rate, before she knew it everyone would be looking at her. However, like everything that has happened in her life, she pushed that thought away and focused on the future. She wondered about how she remembered the Cellular Database of Galaxies. Maybe that was the key to something. It was... She dug deeper into her memory. AHA! She found herself remembering what it looked like, how it functioned... Nice. She guessed knowing about it would be useful sometime. Now, about the cross-dimensional gates... Cuteness of Diligent Giraffes, Car Dealership Giants... She looked through her mental encyclopedia. She sighed. She couldn't find cross-dimensional gates. Wait! She looked back at the set of memories she was searching in. There was cross-dimensional gates! No, she read it wrong. She read it again. Ohhh, cross-dimensional gateWAYS! Huh, that was weird. She brought up the memory of cross-dimensional gateways and started reading about them. This was some pretty interesting stuff...
--OctagonalSkyscraper (Kaitlyn)

"So where is it that we can get the thing that lets us jump planets?" Gary asked. "By 'not that far', do you mean in this solar system? But this solar system is huge..."
--tausendsassa

"it's not in this solar system, but we can use the hyperdrive. It will get us there faster," Kyle explained. "Just make sure you are in one of the seats and hold on to it." Once everyone was secure, he pressed another one of the many buttons on the ship. Through the windshield, it was only a blur as they raced through time. And then they found themselves near a planet's docks. From the spaceship, they had a great view. It looked beautiful, technology everywhere. Buildings reached up toward the sky, hovercrafts and other spaceships were everywhere. *This is pretty short since I don't have much time to write right now... (no pun intended)*
--OctagonalSkyscraper (Kaitlyn)

(I will write later today and do like a really long post haha)
--tausendsassa

*Okay, thanks for letting us know! Take your time :) *
--OctagonalSkyscraper (Kaitlyn)

Whereas everyone else paid mind to the possibilities of teleportation, studying it's process, predicting the outcomes, Leed simply went with the flow. He had so much potential, oblivious to his hidden gifts within. For now, however, he could only tackle traveling to spots visible to the eye (with the help of his prescription glasses that allowed him to see pretty far). Gary, strapped in his leather space chair, turned to Leed to ask for advice. "Any clue on where W.V. could be keeping his lair on Erebus?" Kyle landed his ship as they spoke. "Well, my guess is that it could only be a place brimming with inter-dimensional energy. Think of that as the source of my power. I call it the Current. Even though I was born with it, something tells me W.V. harnesses it in an unorthodox fashion. I should be able to sense inter-dimensional energy just by it's overwhelming strength. Anything remotely energized is a target." Sunset and Peter hugged tightly, relieved to be on solid ground without the uncomfortable shaking of the craft anymore. Kyle removed his seatbelt and whirled to face his crew. He puffed his chest and announced loudly, "Okay everyone. This is the plan. Before engaging in a fight, just in case W.V. is hostile, we see if Cecelia can reason with him. At the moment, on Erebus, I find it best if we cover more terrain by splitting into small teams. I will assign everyone a role for their own good. Sunset, Peter, and Echo, I'd like for you three to walk through town and see if you can ask the local folk about any strange happenings or planet disturbances. Learn what they know, and interview anybody who poses as a witness of nearby criminal activity." At hearing this, Echo became so ready she accidentally transformed into a wolf out of excitement. "Mallory, Cecelia, and Aqua the staff will stay behind to evaluate an effective strategy against W.V. to corner him so he does not escape Erebus. Gary and Leed, you guys are going to scout for significant levels of inter-dimensional energy that show us the jackpot to W.V.'s headquarters!" Kyle adjusted his pants belt. The only figure left was Dreads who still gave Kyle an unsettling vibe. "As for you," He addressed Dreads. "We need to have a talk. I don't know what your business is here, and how you have relations to Echo, but you are going to assist me in refueling this spaceship so we have gas to return home." The cast broke apart. Echo, Peter, and Sunset wished the others luck and disembarked, equipped with a walkie-talkie device so communication was simple amongst teams. They jogged toward a bustling community of alien traffic before disappearing over the horizon. Leed wrapped his arm around Gary and pulsed with white light until the two looked like static and teleported into the outskirts of Erebus. Cecelia worked to wake up Aqua again as Mallory watched patiently. Dreads, eyes narrow in caution, followed Kyle off the vessel and behind it's large gas tank…….awaiting a well deserved discussion.
--AuthorMind(Justin)

Sunset, Peter, and Echo traveled down the confusing maze of alleys. They have never seen anything like this before. Buildings stretched up to the sky and many architectural masterpieces surrounded them. It was impressive, although there was no signs of grass/trees/plants close to them. Only towering structures ahead of them and behind them. Hovercrafts whizzed above them, flying through clear, floating tubes that were a lot like roads. Even higher above that were tubes of a similar type for spaceships, but they couldn't see much through the hovercraft tubes, as the hovercrafts were crowding up the tubes in vibrant blurs. However, to their surprise, there were only a few people on the ground. One citizen was in front of what seemed to be an apartment complex. She was quite ordinary, an elderly lady filling her watering can. She sprinkled her water into some sad roses which were wilting. However, when the water touched them, they sprang up happily. Although they wondered what kind of rose moves like that, they thought about what Kyle said, and approached her. Peter greeted her with a friendly hello and asked, "What has been going on lately?" She looked up from her mini garden. She gave a welcoming look, and replied, "Oh, nothing much goes on here. I have heard that someone plans to improve this place. I'm glad that they are so nice." They glanced at each other. This place seemed a lot like paradise already, why would someone want to improve it? And who is this person, anyway? Echo, curious about this, inquired, "Do you know who thought of it?" She shrugged. "I'm afraid I don't know... Want some cookies?" "Not right now," Peter answered without hesitating. "We have all we needed to know." They can't worry about cookies when they have business to be doing. "Come back soon!" she called as they descended the steps to her porch and back onto the street again. Well, at least they knew something was up. However, now they knew, a new bunch of questions sprang up. Now what would they do? *Meanwhile...* Gary and Leed were following a different street. Leed paid close attention and tried his best to detect any sign of inter-dimensional energy. This was not a busy street, although the tubes above them were brimming with hovercrafts and even further up... They couldn't tell. All they knew was that most people didn't walk on this street. Which, in fact, was a good thing. Leed needed to focus, and couldn't let anything get into his way. He ran his hand along walls of the large buildings. He couldn't sense anything right now, but he was sure W.V. was somewhere. He couldn't let anything slip by him, it could've been W.V. that he missed. He'd never know, and this is probably the only way to find out. Gary followed him, wondering where they would possibly end up... and where W.V. would possibly end up. Then Leed jumped up. A wave of inter-dimensional energy just passed over him. He looked around. This was not how inter-dimensional energy was supposed to be sensed, unless the person who had it was invisible and moved at a tremendously high speed. Then he looked up. The hovercrafts... Then an idea popped into his head. That wave of inter-dimensional energy came from above him! That means that whoever had the energy was in a hovercraft. Leed told Gary what he had found. He was in such a good mood. But... if they wanted to know whoever had that inter-dimensional energy, they would need to follow the hovercraft. That means they needed to find a way to get a hovercraft... but how? *Meanwhile...* Cecelia said to her staff, "Please, Aqua, wake up..." She was about to give up. She has been doing this for about fifteen minutes. Mallory was getting impatient, but they didn't want to disturb their human. Previously, Cecelia tried shaking the staff, yelling at it. And dancing around singing a song. And now trying to be gentle and waking it up that way. "I didn't mean to smash that hula hoop into you," she said. Yes, she did use a hula hoop while she was dancing, and somehow it flew off her and landed on the staff. That caused her to drop it. To her relief, it didn't break, but now she thinks the staff is mad at her and she needs to say sorry for Aqua to wake up. She had some wacky thoughts, but if your staff was able to blow up a door, probably you would have such thoughts just because you're afraid it'll blow YOU up. After a few more minutes, the ruby gem glowed a bit more brightly, and the staff floated out of Cecelia's hands. "What now? Shaking me and dancing with me is not something I would like to experience again!" Aqua said, irritated. Cecelia sighed with relief, happy that it wouldn't blow her up. "Um, we need your help. We're supposed to figure out a plan for how to get W.V., and I'm not sure how to plan things," Cecelia said. Afterwards Aqua asked them a bunch of questions. Do you know W.V.'s strengths? His weaknesses? Do you know anyone he knows? "Surely you know all of this. You've been with him before," Aqua said. Cecelia did not like the questions, but even Mallory knew this had to be done somehow. She said, in a small voice, "All I know is - is - is that he's my - " She hesitated, and took a deep breath. "He's my father," she finished. Aqua and Mallory were both struck with shock. They were not sure what to say as Cecelia looked down, ashamed.
--OctagonalSkyscraper (Kaitlyn)

Dreads watched as Kyle fiddled with the ship's sleek silver hull. "Hand me that tube, would you?" Kyle instructed, preoccupied, for the moment, with fueling the ship. A coil of corrugated white plastic lay at their feet, one end was secured to a massive iron cylinder, the other lay loose on the concrete floor. Dreads picked it up and handed it to Kyle, who attached it to an opening in the ship's side. "Right then," He mused, strolling over to the end of the cylinder and punched a button. Immediately a low hum and a gurgle filled the space, and oily brown liquid sloshed into the tubing from the cylinder. The fluid chugged it's way through the coils of tubing, and began pumping into the gas tank of the ship. "Now, first things first." Kyle said, making his way back to where Dreads stood. He stopped a foot from the taller man, feet apart, arms crossed and chin jutted. "What's your name, where are you from, what is your business with us, and how on Erebus do you know Echo?" He fired off all at once. Dreads regarded him calmly, his right eye gleaming a curious yellow. When he didn't answer, Kyle tried again, "I don't want trouble, just answer the questions, in order if you don't mind". Dreads shrugged, still staring. "What, what is that supposed to mean?" Kyle narrowed his eyes, "I don't know." Dreads replied. "You don't know why you were shrugging?" "No, I don't know the answers to your questions." "To any of them?" Kyle balked. Who was this guy kidding? These weren't even hard questions! "Do you honestly expect me to believe that you don't know your own name." He demanded. Dreads shrugged again and took a few deliberate steps back. In the light, his eye seemed darker than before, almost ochre. "If you're desperate for a name then I guess you could call me Freak, but I'm really not particular." Kyle closed the distance between them with a few short strides. His expression was hard. "You\re name is Freak?" "I suppose so." Freak took another step back. Kyle mulled this over for a moment before nodding to himself, "Alright, Freak, any other questions you 'suppose' you have the answer to?" But Freak was gone. Kyle had been staring at him the whole time, and yet he had managed to vanish without a trace. "I know Echo because i've met her before." Freak's voice rang out from above Kyle. Startled, Kyle whipped his gaze skyward to see Freak standing with easy grace on top of the cylinder. "And I know Gary, and Liz, and Fawn and Hazel and Icicle, too." he went on, pacing the length of the cylinder. Kyle stared, mouthing the unfamiliar names. Gary he knew well enough, but Liz? Fawn? What was this guy talking about. At Kyle's uncertain expression, Freak hopped off the cylinder and landed neatly in front of Kyle. "As I said before; you're missing people. Now the real question, I believe, is what is /your/ business with the Children of Gateway?" His lips pressed into a thin line, his left eye was stone grey and his right eye was flinty jade. Kyle blinked and swallowed, he could have sworn Freak's eye was yellow earlier. After a moment, Kyle opened his mouth to answer. *Can't remember which of own character's eyes are which colors...sigh*
--WeThreeKings Re

(ok just one thing guys.... weren't we on some other planet, not Erebos?) (also btw Mallory doesn't even know what a father is haha)
--tausendsassa

*We're not on Erebus, we're just trying to figure out how to get there...i think?* *mALLORY YOU ADORABLE MARSHMALLOW, i'm just imagining them standing there, staring at Cecelia like 'is that...is that bad? you seem to be malfunctioning again. Aqua your human is malfunctioning, remove her father, I think her father part is broken.' *
--WeThreeKings Re

(IM YELLINNG thats so cute please feel free to write mallory more because you write tHE CUTEST MALLORY ALL THE TIME)
--tausendsassa

*Oh, sorry! Justin said the group landed on Erebos, but they ACTUALLY landed on a different planet. Kyle said that he knew where a device to jump planets was and this was the place they were supposed to find it! I apologize about that! Hopefully everyone's a bit less confused. However, since we have already written what happened when they landed on Erebos, we should probably just stick with that. I'm going to write my paragraph now!* "They saved my life in the gingerbread castle, so I want to help them back. I am not letting W.V.'s plans end successfully," Kyle replied. He did not trust Freak much, so he did not give much information. It was enough to be a reasonable answer, however, so Freak accepted it. *Meanwhile...* Sunset, Peter, and Echo just got some information. Someone was trying to "improve" this place. But they needed more information. The only way to get it, it seemed, was to ask someone else. A businessman further down the street was walking hurriedly to one of the many skyscrapers. Maybe he'd know something. Once they got close enough to talk to him, he was fiddling with the door and muttering something under his breath. "I've heard that someone is planning to improve our neighborhood!" Sunset said, acting as if she was just another talkative neighbor. The businessman looked up and said, "I've heard the same thing. However, I think our community is good as it is..." He looked back at the door. They noticed that there were several different keypads next to the doorknob and he was entering some kind of code into them. "Well, everything's great except the doors," the businessman said as he typed the wrong code in again. "Do you know who thought of this improvement plan?" asked Peter. He wanted to learn the information as fast as possible so they didn't have to insert themselves into yet another awkward social situation. "Well, I've met him before. Can't remember his name, but his orange eyes were memorable." As he said this he tried getting inside another time. The group realized, when they met W.V. long ago, he DID have orange eyes. Maybe he's the one doing this? "I'm going to be late again this morning," he muttered. "Say, do you know the code for this door?" The group shook their heads. Then Echo spotted a paper out of the corner of her eye and picked it up. It said, "Give me to the businessman, Echo. I can help him." Echo stared at it for awhile. How did it know her name? May as well do what it said. "I found something, it says it's for you," Echo said, handing something over to the business man. He read it. "That's the code for this door! Thanks," he said. This time he typed in a different code and the door opened. He looked at his watch. "Right on time, too!" Then the businessman closed the door behind him. *Meanwhile...* Gary and Leed had to find some way to get a hovercraft. Somehow. "Maybe there's a hovercraft rental or something," suggested Leed. They started searching, this time for a hovercraft rental instead of inter-dimensional energy. They finally encountered one of the many skyscrapers. The door opened for them. It was filled with hovercrafts, of all sizes and shapes. Now it's just to get one of them. Gary stepped up to the counter. "Hello, we'd like a hovercraft," he said. The cashier said, "Well, you're in the right place! Pick the one you want and go wherever. Just make sure you return it. On average, we ask of two Kalidashers and one Mimi per hour you drive it, but it may vary based on the hovercraft you choose." Gary and Leed glanced at each other. What in the world were Kalidashers and Mimies? If this was the currency here, then they couldn't pay for one... They'd have to steal one. *Meanwhile...* Mallory stared at Cecelia. Was the human malfunctioning again? If it was, it was malfunctioning differently than before. What was a father, anyway? Maybe Aqua needed to remove her father part. It seemed to be broken. The only thing Aqua said was, "Get over it. I'm not holding it against you, and Mallory's too confused to hold it against you." Cecelia looked up. Maybe the staff was kind of right. They did need to make a plan, and so far they haven't gotten anywhere.
--OctagonalSkyscraper (Kaitlyn)

(so we are on Erebos? Fine with me I just don't want to write something even more confusing in my confusion lol)
--tausendsassa

(also I feel like we got off track, wasn't it interplanetary, not interdimensional?)
--tausendsassa

(also we can't forget plot threads like the riddle book and why the title is important, why Aqua spoke to Cecelia when she usually only does that when something really bad is about to happen, stuff like that) (also, I'm going to go digging for information on Gary that I probably have buried somewhere, and I need information on Peter and Sunset so I can make pages for them and so that we can write them in a consistent manner, one in which they have distinct identities and personalities. Sorry if I seem overbearing. In my previous run in the NES I was often accused of being domineering, but my goal is simply to keep things on the NES as orderly, sensical, and cohesive as possible.)
--tausendsassa

(there might be a gateway NES thread on the WB, if there is it could have information on Gary. And, I can't speak for the others, but i find your organization to be very helpful c:)
--WeThreeKings Re

(a note on CDGs-- may make a wiki page for this. I update the wiki a lot so keep your eye on it. Cross-dimensional gates are typically in the form of doors or blatant portals, but are occasionally found in other forms-- Minnesota once went through a CDG in the form of a spring. You know how Gateway Mansion has many, many doors? Many of those are CDGs, because the Mansion is a CDG hub (and perhaps not coincidentally, often attracts trouble).)
--tausendsassa

*That's okay, we all care about the NES and appreciate your help! Yes, I think we're on Erebos. Since we have all written about what happens when they land on Erebos, I don't think we want to go back and rewrite what we said. About your interplanetary/interdimensional question, I do think it's inter-dimensional, but I may be wrong. And yes, I haven't forgotten about the book and Aqua's warning. Those two things may apply to the story later. Although I do not know much about Peter and Sunset, I will attempt to create their profiles if you want them. Hopefully this information will be of use to you. Let me know when I should create the profiles! (If someone else wants to do this, I am willing to let them do it if they want to.)*
--OctagonalSkyscraper (Kaitlyn)

(thanks about Peter and Sunset, I just think things are getting all confusing and muddled already. This always happens when I'm here because everyone else is like "hey that's okay dude, we'll just go with the flow" and then there's me who wants to be consistent and have everything organized and making sense in a cohesive storyline that is clear that no one has fucked up and it usually causes fights and then I usually leave haha wow I have so many issues bye)
--tausendsassa

*Okay guys really quick! This is an announcement that I'll be explaining (and apologizing) in a paragraph right after this so don't continue the story yet…*
--AuthorMind(Justin)

*Cool. Alright. So as for the confusion, I'm sorry. Somewhere in our paragraphs I must've gotten mixed up on what planet we were on even though I was sure Erebus was something important. I agree with tausendsassa that the NES should be kept orderly (as the opposite was totally not my intention). Inter-dimensional energy acts sort of like Leed's blood, (basically) if that needed to be explained. I tied that in with how W.V. planet jumps because he wouldn't be able to do so any other way. The candy dimension is separate from what is going on now, and so the dimension our characters is in happens to be normal and just full of these crazy planets (including Gateway Mansion back on Earth). However you plan on fixing the plot so we can smoothly transition to a compromise, I support you :) Again, my apologies.*
--AuthorMind(Justin)

*Thanks for clarifying that, Justin! It is fine that you have gotten things mixed up, we all do sometimes. I think we should just forget what Kyle said about finding a device for planet jumping and how difficult it was to land on Erebos, let's just say he decided to land so they could investigate. I'll be working on Peter and Sunset's profiles in a bit, just I'm always juggling bunches of school projects and all of the things I do on here (write, read, update, repeat).*
--OctagonalSkyscraper (Kaitlyn)

*Perhaps rather than forgetting an entire chunk of work, we just creatively change it to whats going on now? @Kaitlyn so that way no one is left out and we succeed at continuing the NES! :D*
--AuthorMind(Justin)

still frustrated about all this ugh sorry. im miffed because i wish i could be all happy and excited about this. i will be back later probably :/
--tausendsassa

*tausendsassa, that's just fine! We'll find some way to fix this :) I was thinking, instead of ignoring information we change it slightly (All the information I said we had to ignore earlier was all things that I wrote, so I wouldn't mind if we did go that route). Remember there was two different spellings of Erebos/Erebus? We could use that to our advantage. Erebos could be the planet that W.V.'s on, and Erebus could be the planet the other characters are on, where the device for jumping planets is. However, if we do this we have to change the fact that they are searching for W.V. on Erebus (because he isn't on it!). We'd have to assume they are exploring the planet so they know where things are later. And perhaps what is going on there. Afterwards they could easily find the device since they know where everything is. How does that sound? Hopefully that makes sense.*
--OctagonalSkyscraper (Kaitlyn)

*@Kaitlyn wow I had the same idea! Coincidence lol. I think we should definitely go that route with Erebus/Erebos. Though I'm afraid to add another paragraph in fear of messing up again >_<*
--AuthorMind(Justin)

hey ok that sounds alright to me. sorry about everything
--tausendsassa

*Great minds think alike, Justin :) And feel free to add to the story, we can always fix it again if anything gets messed up. I welcome anything that anyone decides to contribute! tausendsassa, don't feel bad about it, it's just a mix up. Now we don't even have to worry about it. :) Since I was the last one to write a paragraph (please read it), who's next? (By the way, tausendsassa, I checked the wiki and saw your questions. I have the answers to some of them, so I can update my biography and put the answers to the questions in there, if you want. In fact, I have a question of my own. Since I do not know much about Peter or Sunset, is it okay with you if I make up some of the details?)*
--OctagonalSkyscraper (Kaitlyn)

kaitlyn, that sounds good!! also yeah it's fine if you make up some details :)
--tausendsassa

*Thanks for letting me know, tausendsassa. By the way, I won't be online for a while, it's getting busy again!*
--OctagonalSkyscraper (Kaitlyn)

*Hello everyone! I have finished Peter's profile (finally!) Sorry that it's kind of short, but here it is: Appearance - Peter has short, straight, light brown hair. His gray eyes make him seem like a dull person, but he is an interesting person to be with. He is wearing the traditional white t-shirt and jeans, with sneakers to match. Personality - He doesn't trust people easily, being the "group skeptic" (quote from NES). However, his courage is unfailing and ready for anything in his way. Powers - He hasn't shown them if he has any. History - Has been with Sunset since the beginning of the NES. Activities - He's keeping a close eye on Kyle, who has been pushing around the group for awhile now. And he doubts that Freak is trustworthy either.*
--OctagonalSkyscraper (Kaitlyn)

Thank you. Things have been hectic for me, so I haven't been as active myself. I am still trying to sort some things out and then we can get back to writing.
--Speargaze

*No problem! I'm glad we have some things in common :) I have Sunset's profile done, so here it is: Appearance - Sunset's shining blond hair is braided into a bun. Her sky blue eyes show her perseverance and ambition. She has a long, flowing bright yellow dress. It seems hard to run in, but you'd be surprised to see how fast she is. Personality - She is determined to get to her goal, whatever it may be. Usually she is a quiet person, but if you get on her bad side, watch out! Powers - She has powers, though I do not remember what they are. Suggestions? History - Has been with Peter since the beginning of the NES. Activities - Currently with Peter and Echo asking around for information about what has been happening on the planet Erebus.*
--OctagonalSkyscraper (Kaitlyn)

Enter the next paragraph...
--Matemap Tarazet (sally)

*Do you want to write with us, Sally? You're welcome to join us :)*
--OctagonalSkyscraper (Kaitlyn)

(Awesome, I'll get back to getting the wiki up to date and then we can continue! As for Sunset, I think I heard at some point that someone thought her powers had to do with making other people & their powers stronger?)
--Speargaze

(Well I can finish editing later I guess lol. Current situation: Our characters are on Erebus, the planet where they will find out what the planet-jumping device is. Although this planet IS connected to W.V., it is not the planet he is on. The planet W.V. is on is Erebos, a planet in the Silence Solar System. Erebus is a similarly-named, possibly connected planet in a different solar system. Most likely this concerns INTERPLANETARY not interdimensional travel. Interdimensional travel doesn't work like coplanar teleportation; although an ability of interdimensional teleportation may exist, this ability would be VERY RARE most likely, and not the typical means for interdimensional travel. Typically, interdimensional travel occurs through portals called Cross-Dimensional Gates, or Cross-Dimensional Gateways. These CDGs are usually in the form of blatant portals or doorways or similar, though this is not always the case. The Gateway Mansion is one of what's called a CDG hub, where multiple dimensions intersect and can be reached. Gateway Mansion is located on planet Earth, though there are ways into it from many dimensions. The Gateway Mansion is not JUST a CDG hub though, it is also a very strange and semi-sentient, ever-changing mansion in which a lot of trouble occurs. That is, not merely in the many dimensions it can lead to, but in the mansion itself.)
--Speargaze

*Hmm, I actually think I said something like that about Sunset, Speargaze! I'm glad you remembered. Should I rewrite the last paragraph, so we know what the characters were doing when we stopped?*
--OctagonalSkyscraper (Kaitlyn)

(( I was going to write a paragraph involving some adjustments, but after skimming the Goal's and Theme's page Ena made I'm gonna do a bit of group organizing instead, if nobody minds. So, @Kaitlyn, thank you for your help with Sunset and Peter. If it isn't too much trouble we could use a bio for Aquamarine Judgement, also as soon as we get back to actually writing there does need to be a bit more exposition on what W.V. is after specifically and why he poses a threat to the group. @Justin, you're doing good rn, nothing in particular that is needed from you, just try to keep in mind what you want to happen with Leed and his parents and maybe start to incorporate that thread into the story. @Ena, ur doing great, mate))
--StickyNotesRe

((Important Things To Note: -Erebus and Erebos are two separate planets. // -The gateway group is on Erebus, trying to get to Erebos. // -W.V. is on Erebos, which appears to be his base. // - The easiest way for the group to get from Erebus to Erebos is probably for them to return to Kyle's spaceship and warp there // -The riddle book title was marked as important earlier. Don't forget to tie up that thread. // -Aqua stated that something bad was going to happen. Remember to have this bad thing happen. // - Echo has been hearing voices and getting hecka weird amnesia-like feelings, Gary has also been getting these hecka weird feelings. Don't worry too much about that plot thread, i'll take care of it later. // -W.V. is Cecelia's father. // -Leed is looking for his parents, he's not just in this for the heck of it. ))
--StickyNotesRe

((lmao Mallory, on the other hand, is very much in this for the heck of it.))
--toska

(( lol yes. )) (( I made a thread for easier organization purposes and whatnot: https://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?p=593432#post593432 ))
--StickyNotesRe

*Okay, thanks everyone for the clarifying! :) I'll keep my paragraph handy for when we start writing again, and start working on Aqua's form. I feel so much better about this knowing that eventually this will be sorted out. (By the way, some of these characters met W.V. before long, long ago. If you want me to include what happened in the forum, just let me know! Of course, it doesn't reveal much about him. But it may be useful later! I think next time the group meets him I'll clarify some things about what he is doing.)*
--OctagonalSkyscraper (Kaitlyn)

(( Well...i'm avoiding schoolwork so...y'all get a paragraph, it's not very well written, sorry fam)) Gary tapped his fingers on the glass countertop, his eyes skimmed the hovercrafts as he pretended to examine them. The cashier was beginning to look suspicious. He had a plan, but it was shaky, poorly formulated, and they didn't have more time to spend fine-tuning the details. He flashed his hand at the cashier and turned to whisper in Leed's ear. "I'm going to try to get him to go to the back room, when he opens the door, peek over his shoulder and try teleporting inside, to a spot he won't see you." Leed nodded, and frowned. "And what are you going to do?" "I'll distract him for as long as I can. Grab any hoverboard that looks like it'll do what we want it to, then get out of dodge." "Have you made a decision?" The cashier interrupted their whispering, he sounded weary, and more than a little irritated. Gary faced the cashier and flashed a Duchenne smile. "Sorry, not quite. I was wondering if maybe you had one with...flames?" The cashier's eyebrows raised, "You want flames...?" Gary snapped his fingers, "Yeah! You know, like, painted on the sides? Do you have anything like that?" The cashier's puzzled expression deepened. "I'll check." He said slowly. He spun on his heels and shuffled over to a white door tucked between the shelves of smaller hovercraft. The door swung open, and Leed peered surreptitiously around the tired worker. The cashier stepped into the room and reached back to catch the handle of the door. Leed sucked in a breath as the door was being pulled shut, and in the span of a heartbeat he had vanished. Gary huffed out a sigh as the door clicked shut, he ran his fingers through his limp hair and threw a glance around the store. Luckily, it was empty, and it didn't look like there were any camera's pointed at the spot Leed had been in either. As long as the cashier didn't spot Leed, they should be ok. A crash and a loud bang emitted from behind the door, followed by indistinct shouting. So much for being ok. Gary leaped to action, he vaulted the glass counter and grabbed for the back room door. With a twist and a jerk he yanked the door open just in time for Leed to stumble out. "Gogogo." Leed gasped, snatching the hem of Gary's shirt and dragging him along a few steps. At that moment the cashier emerged from the back room, hoisting a slim, sliver handgun. Gary's eyes widened, his breath hitched. "Aw hell." He muttered. He and Leed crashed out the front door, tailed closely by the cashier. It was just their luck, the one hoverboard shop they tried to rob, and the employees were armed! A shot rang out, the crowd was thrown into a frenzy by the noise. Gary and Leed traded scared glances, "Spaceship?" Gary said, "Spaceship." Leed nodded, they took off running back the way they had come from.
--StickyNotesRe

Mallory tilted their head, eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Father part? If W.V. is your father part, it means you and W.V. are connected, right? Do you have data on W.V.? If W.V. is a part of yours, you have to know something about what W.V. is doing... or maybe data on Erebos and Erebus? Because if it's data programmed into the memory of W.V. and W.V. is connected to you, then there has to be data you can access." (lol don't worry Re nothing I write is very good lmao)
--sanguine

Login or join KidPub to post a paragraph

KidPub's Never Ending Story

In Gateway Mansion there are many, many doors. Some lead to great and at the same time terrifying adventures. While others simply lead to darkness and storage spaces. Nevertheless, two young siblings, Gary & Liz, inhabiting Gateway Mansion never know what is around the next corner. Because, in such a topsy, turvy place, your next move, your next breath, could be your last.

Now, with the help of young authors all around the world, the chronicles of their adventures are being revealed. You, too, can take part in piecing together their Never Ending Story.
(thanks to Kiowa~*, Kati, Lauren, Gabby and others for that great introduction!)