/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ KidPub's Never Ending Story | KidPub Press //
KidPub's Never Ending Story
The Story So Far...
*ok so because its been so long since I've read/written any of this, i'm just going to re-start it from the very beginning and hope that no one minds. if you do, change it back or smth. still going to use the same plot idea though :)* It was a swelteringly hot summer morning, the kind where humidity drips from the trees and sticks to your throat. Gary was already sunburned simply from sitting next to the window, and based on how his sister, Liz, was slumped forward, her forehead resting on the back of the driver's side seat, she was also miserable. He would have given anything to sit inside an air conditioned room for maybe ten minutes, but unfortunately for the two of them, their family had decided to stay the summer in an old family manor in the mountains. They rolled slowly over a gravel driveway and he lifted his head to peer out the window. A large, wrought-iron gate stood cracked open, decorated with lovingly crafted vines and flowers. At the top, in a magnificent, scrolling script, read the words "Gateway Mansion"
--

*I don't mind at all! I haven't visited this page in a while either. Sometimes it's nice to have a good restart. Last time we did the Gateway Mansion story, there was a website that had information on characters and other things we'd need to know. So I made another one, a bit more organized than its previous one, which is right here: https://sites.google.com/site/gatewaymansionsite/home. It's still under construction, so don't expect much. I'll be adding to your post soon!*
--Nunya B.

The vehicle slowed to a stop across from the gate. Gary and Liz's mother gave them a loving look through the rearview mirror. "Your father and I are going to start bringing our belongings inside. You can explore the house while we're doing so. Be good, okay?" Even though they were searing enough to be considered a human barbecue, both Gary and Liz nodded to show that they heard what she said. It was a relief to escape the scalding insides of the Porsche. They could finally stretch their stiff muscles. Gary could never understand why his parents refused to turn on the air conditioner in the summertime, especially when they were in the car for three days straight. "I wish they would stop doing that," Gary said. Liz knew what he was talking about. She shrugged in response. Sometimes parents just don't know. They were greeted with a blast of cold air as they entered the mansion, using the key they received from their parents. Liz stared at the chandeliers and extravagant decorations in awe. She wasn't expecting something so sumptuous and opulent. While she was gazing at her reflection, making its appearance on the impossibly well-polished floor, Gary wandered around the room. The first thing that caught his attention were the doors. There was at least one door on every wall. Sometimes there were two, or maybe even three, on one wall. Why would anyone need so many rooms? Liz was snapped out of her trance by a click. She glanced around, looking for the source of it. "Did you hear that?" she asked Gary. He was in the opposite corner fiddling with one of the countless doorknobs. Upon hearing Liz's question Gary shook his head. No, no, he didn't hear anything out of the ordinary. Just then, an idea popped into Liz's head and she ran to the exit. She checked the doorknob. It rattled in its casing, but couldn't turn in either direction. Her panic grew as she realized it was unlocked, but she still couldn't open it. By now, Gary had joined her, with a bewildered expression on his face. "What's going on?" he asked. "The door won't open, but it's unlocked!" Liz said. She attempted to open the door again, just to demonstrate. Gary glared at the door in suspicion. "Stand back," he said. He backed up to the other side of the room, and charged towards the exit as fast as he could. The collision that ensued made a sickening thunk. Liz could hear the door cracking under the force of the charge, but it didn't open. Gary stepped back, a little out of sorts. There was no way he could do that again. Liz glanced around, worried. What could they do?
--Nunya B.

*Did I scare everyone away?*
--Nunya B.

Gary glared at the door again, rubbing his neck. “What are we supposed to do now?” He asked. “We could try opening a different door maybe?” Liz suggested. “Mom and Dad have another key, don’t they?” Gary shrugged in response. “Maybe?” He added. Liz wandered down the hall, and Gary followed her. There was an array of doors in this hallway. Liz peered down the hallway itself, noting that it was very long, and wondering what was at the end. She walked further down the hallway, passing several doors along the way. Gary followed slowly, looking at the strange and ornate doors, each looking slightly different from the last. He drew near to one of them, curious. It had some odd scratch marks on it, and looked a bit blackened. “Come look at this,” he said, calling Liz back. She went to stand next to him. “That’s weird,” she remarked. “Should we open it?” Gary asked.
--Luna {semi-hiatus}

" Let's not". Liz answered. Knowing that Gary would do the exact opposite. Smiling, Gary tried the knob. It wiggled loosely, unlocked. " Well, open it already". Liz said, excited nervousness mixing with curiosity. " Scared"? Gary asked, swinging the blackened door. It squeaked, like an old woman. Wherever they were it was pitch black. Something soft and damp bumped Liz's ankle, she swallowed a gasp. Gary felt his way through the darkness, his hands brushing grass, sticks and rocks. He stopped, when his hand crept along a thick, scaly, stick. The stick hissed in the cool night and then something thin, hard and sharp inserted it's self into Gary's wrist.
--Cherith

*heyyy there kiddos, make sure to check out the wikia: https://gateway-nes.wikia.com/wiki/Gateway_NES_Wiki for all the information you might need about the Gateway NES. And also stop by this thread: https://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=4638&page=22 so that everyone can have a say in what's happening with the NES and everyone stays in the loop! @Arabella; It's super cool that you made your own website for the NES! But the wikia we have for this story already has a ton of information that not only stretches as far back as 2013, but is also agreed upon by most (if not all) regular contributors to this NES. If you want to keep your website for your own purposes, that's fine! But it might be best if we stick to the wikia that is already up-to-date and full of canon material c:*
--Tosspot Re

* while i'm here; it was pointed out that there were some clashes with the files for Gary and Liz that we have on the wikia and their descriptions given in this restart, as well as on Arabella's website. Their files on the wikia are lacking, to say the least, and while it's great that Arabella took initiative in creating her own files for the two characters, a few of us older kpers would have liked to have had a say in the matter, ya know? It's super quick fix though, we can all chill in the wb thread for a bit and hash out what should go on Gary and Liz's file. It'll take more effort than one person deciding everything, but this way, everyone gets a say ^_^ *
--Tosspot Re

Gary screamed, trying to pull out whatever had imbedded itself in his wrist. Liz looked at him in alarm, unable to see what was causing him to scream. “Gary?” She asked, frightened. “What’s going on?!” She was exetremely nervous, and as she felt something against her leg again, she stiffened warily. Gary was freaking out, and he stumbled out the door back into the light. What was attached to his arm was some serpentine creature, unfamiliar to Gary. It wasn’t just a regular snake, but it seemed similar to one. Gary stared at it for a moment, unsure what to do and almost frozen with fear.
--Luna {semi-hiatus}

Login or join KidPub to post a paragraph

KidPub's Never Ending Story

In Gateway Mansion there are many, many doors. Some lead to great and at the same time terrifying adventures. While others simply lead to darkness and storage spaces. Nevertheless, two young siblings, Gary & Liz, inhabiting Gateway Mansion never know what is around the next corner. Because, in such a topsy, turvy place, your next move, your next breath, could be your last.

Now, with the help of young authors all around the world, the chronicles of their adventures are being revealed. You, too, can take part in piecing together their Never Ending Story.
(thanks to Kiowa~*, Kati, Lauren, Gabby and others for that great introduction!)