/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ The Magic Pen by Wildwolf: Runner-Up, November 2011 Writing Contest | KidPub Press //
The Magic Pen by Wildwolf: Runner-Up, November 2011 Writing Contest

It was a Saturday afternoon, with the autumn sun shining through the forest trees, when I found the pen. It was lying there, partially covered by dead leaves, in its multicolored brilliance. For something that had been lying in dirt for quite a long time, it was quite shiny. I immediately bent down and snatched the cobalt blue fountain pen out of its hiding place in the brush. Looks old, I thought. Could be worth something. I’ll show it to Uncle James at the shop. I pocketed the pen and made my way back through the twisting path of the trail.
I casually strolled through the door to Trading Post Antique Shop, a little bell ringing to alert the store of my presence.
“Hi Uncle James!” I eagerly waved my hand at the tall man standing behind the counter.
“Hey there, Trent.” He replied, smiling at me. “Find anything for the shop?”
I pulled out the pen and put it on the counter. I noticed that it had an intricate design of what appeared a dragon curling around the side of the pen. I wasn’t sure why then, but it sent a shiver down my spine. Uncle James pushed his glasses up on his nose.
“Hmm. From what I see here, the pen isn’t worth much.” He handed it to me. “All yours, kid.” I was disappointed, but still had a feeling that the pen was worth something, did something. I sighed and climbed up the stairs to the second level of our shop and into my small room. I sat down at my wooden desk and dabbed the pen on a slip of paper. Navy blue ink stained the paper. Good, I thought. At least it worked.
I heard Uncle James’ voice echoing up the stairs. “Trenton, would you make a grocery list? I’ll be going out soon and stopping by the market.”
“Sure thing.” I shouted back. We were running out of bottled water. Water, I wrote on the paper. Suddenly, I felt a droplet of water fall on to my head and slide down my back. “Hm. We must have a leak.” I told myself. “Strange.” I continued writing. Oranges was the next thing I wrote. Something about the size of a baseball smacked me on the head and rolled on to the floor. I bent down to investigate.
An orange, a perfect orange to be exact. My mouth watered as I started to peel it. My mouth flooded with the sweet, citrusy taste of orange as I bit into the fruit. I glanced back down at the paper. It couldn’t be. I thought. I picked up the pen. Chocolate, I scribbled quickly. We didn’t need any, of course, but I was curious. I reached my arms above my head and felt something land in my hands. A big bar of chocolate. Again, the most delicious thing I ever ate.
The pen’s power got to my head. I started writing bigger things, better things. A mansion. It appeared outside, on a vacant lot near the shop. Then strange things, just to see what would happen. A dinosaur. I heard the screams. Money. Granted. Power. Granted. I became richer and more powerful than in my wildest dreams. I ruled the world.
The pen’s power gave me cars and many, many machines. I was young and machines fascinated me. Porsches, Ferraris, rocket ships. But machines needed to run on something. Gasoline? No, something better. Diesel fuel. I decided.
Diesel. D-I-E-
And that was when my pen ran out of ink.

8D  THAT WAS

8D 

THAT WAS AWESOME! 

This was really creative and unique; I LOVED how it ended. As soon as I read it, I thought, "Oooooh, no. Sucks to be him." XD Then I laughed, 'cause the irony of it is just... fantastic. :P 

Brilliant story! Your writing is excellent. :D

"Watch your step, for I weave my web of shadows around you, Kalo Silverdusk..." ~Web of Shadows

Posted by Sherlockian (Leloo) on Fri, 01/20/2012 - 10:57
Lol that was amazing!!! The

Lol that was amazing!!! The ending is so ironic, I find it kind of funny. Congrats on being the runner up! :)

~Today is the oldest you have ever been... and yet you are the youngest you will ever be. Think about that.~

Posted by The Irony (Eden) on Fri, 01/20/2012 - 16:58
Congratulatons!!! Your story

Congratulatons!!! Your story was really good!!!! yes

Say please and thank you and all your dreams will come true, NOT REALLY -me

Posted by HUNGER/HARRY on Thu, 02/02/2012 - 18:28
Congratulations! that story

Congratulations! that story was really good and very creative!

Some say the skys the limit. So tell me why there's footprints on the moon?

Posted by <~Calla~> on Thu, 02/02/2012 - 22:11
You are an amazing writer!

You are an amazing writer! You should be first place!

Posted by Rahul on Fri, 02/17/2012 - 22:31
I loved your story! It was

I loved your story! It was so fun and the ending was really unexpected. That would be rated 5 stars, but the ending was kind of sad. I think your story should have won the contest! I hope you will write more storys like this one!

Posted by Kunal on Sat, 03/17/2012 - 21:13
I like it but your

I like it but your last sentence is the same as Timber's last sentence.

"It doesn't depend on who you are, it depends on who you can become" ~Albert Einstein

This sentence is redundantly redundant.

Posted by Maya on Thu, 03/29/2012 - 08:04
That was the rules of the

That was the rules of the contest...the last sentence of your entry must be "And that was when my pen ran out of ink".

~No guy is worth your tears, and when you find one that is, he won't make you cry~

Posted by Eternal Ember (Eden) on Thu, 03/29/2012 - 15:33
OOOOOOOHHHHH!!!! I didn't

OOOOOOOHHHHH!!!! I didn't get that.

This sentence is redundantly redundant.

Posted by Maya on Fri, 03/30/2012 - 07:59
O_o :P I didn't know you

O_o :P I didn't know you could comment on these. Stupid me.

Anyway, thank you guys so much for your encouragement! :3 I really appreciate it.

~Big Brother is Watching You.~

Posted by Wednesday's Child on Sat, 03/31/2012 - 17:21
That was so cool. I really

That was so cool. I really wanna know. I have read your story at least four times!

Posted by Yavanna on Sat, 05/05/2012 - 20:35
This is really cool!

This is really cool! Congrats on being the runner up!! :DThe ending to this is epic.

Posted by Resfreshed on Tue, 07/24/2012 - 07:43