/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ If i want to publish a book, should I put it on KP | KidPub Press //
If i want to publish a book, should I put it on KP

Yes
17% (1 vote)
No
33% (2 votes)
Other (In the comments)
50% (3 votes)
Total votes: 6
I say if that's your

I say if that's your legitimate intention, put only a sample of your book on KP. But make the sample small! You won't be giving too much away and will save the rest for publication :)

Posted by AuthorMind(Justin) on Tue, 08/28/2018 - 19:47
Thanks!   I don't care if a

Thanks!

I don't care if a reader hates one of my stories, just as long as he finishes the book. -Roald Dahl

Writers live twice. -Natalie Goldberg

Posted by Ava on Mon, 09/10/2018 - 08:38
it depends on how your

it depends on how your publishing. If your going traditional than you might want to post your story for a while before publishing to garner a readership that you can bribe agents with, but if you do indie or self publishing then it might be a better idea to post only a section (and do a ton of networking to get people interested). Either way it doesn't matter if your story is posted online or not, it only matters that you get readers, and you can do whatever you find works best to get them.

EDIT: I should say though, places like kidpub and wattpad are great for feedback so if you want to be sure that you're ready for publishing, then posting parts (or all) of your story and asking for opinions is a good way to tell. For instance, if you get a lot of constructive feedback about things like fixing the grammar and spending more time exploring the characters, then you might not want to publish right away. But, if you get a lot of positive feedback about how you have excellent syntax or strong settings, then maybe you're ready to publish.

"They say before you start a war/ you better know what you're fighting for" ~ Angel with a Shotgun; The Cab

Posted by Zelda on Mon, 09/10/2018 - 13:15
Thanks so much! Are you

Thanks so much! Are you published?

I don't care if a reader hates one of my stories, just as long as he finishes the book. -Roald Dahl Writers live twice. -Natalie Goldberg

Posted by Ava on Thu, 09/20/2018 - 08:35
no problem~ I'm not

no problem~

I'm not published (yet), but I do spend a lot of time reading about how to pubish.

Posted by Unclever Re on Thu, 09/20/2018 - 16:29
i’d say do it, because not

i’d say do it, because not many people will read it here, and you can get feedback and comments and cc, and then once you have a full finished published piece i think that at least i would have no problem with buying it to read the finished work and you can just take down what you have here :)
also anything on this website is a good thing hahaha

Posted by swallowtail on Mon, 10/08/2018 - 11:27