/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Advice from a Senior KPer (it's been a very long time) Thank You for the Memories, KP! | KidPub Press //
Advice from a Senior KPer (it's been a very long time) Thank You for the Memories, KP!

Posted February 12th, 2020 by mysterygirl

mysterygirl's picture
by Red Riding Hood (Jojo)
in somewhere in the Enchanted Forest, trying to find my way to Granny's.

February 12th, 2020

Hello world of KP

My name is Josephine "Josie" and it has been very long. 

For y'all who don't know me, I joined back in 2014. Ok wow I am old that was back when I was 12 like now I'm 18 geeeeez like I'm about to go to college this Fall and y'all I'm getting old lol

Anyways, I really loved KidPub. I never met so many people before who shared such a passion for writing and I met lots of great friends such as Sam, Alice, Cody, Jack, Madelyn (might've mispelled it). Lol shout out to these people wherever they may be now. Wish you all the best

I wrote some pretty cool series like LOIK (League of Incredible KPers) and they were pretty nuts. I'm just saying y'all if you decide to read the LOIK series, it is straight up crazyyyy. It's like I was doing drugs while writing it with like all the shipping and the superheroes and the time travel and oh my gosh the Avengers and Loki for some reason. It's a weird ride y'all. Anyways, I also wrote stories I never finished but I had lots of fun

I had crushes on weirdness yeah it's super weird to like someone who you never met irl but yeah, Cosephine (Cody x Josephine) was a thing lol and it was fun while it lasted. Hey Salice (Sam x Alice) was also very cute

So now for all that mushy advice because I feel like I should put it out there. KidPub was the start of learning a lot of hard lessons but good lessons.

KidPub was great and it really encouraged me as a writer. So now as a "senior" of KP, I wanna encourage all you youngsters who are joining cause you want to write and be inspired. Keep writing. No matter what. Trust me, it is very hard to get over writer's block or write something "good" but honestly write for the sake of it. Find a way to keep your childlike wonder and imagination. Enjoy the moment and time you have right now to write the silliest or stupidest or weirdest stuff.

Life can be tough, but you're tougher. Life will always have a way to teach you important lessons whether you like it or not. But those lessons will help you as you continue to grow in knowledge. Don't hinder yourself, don't create a wall simply cause someone broke your heart. When you try toblock out all the hurt and bad stuff, you block yourself out from opportunities of good. Not everyone is going to hurt you. Not everyone will take you for granted. There is good in the world and you got to be open to it. 

And friendships will sometimes end. It's just part of life. I'm no longer friends with my old KPers but that's ok. I enjoyed my friendship with them while it lasted and what's important is cherishing it while it lasts.

So I just want to thank KidPub for all the good memories. I had lots of fun and KidPub means a lot to me.
Although they may never see it I want to thank all my old KPer friends. I really appreciate your friendship at the time and I wish you all the best with wherever you are at in life

And for all the newbies or people who don't know me, I wish you the best. Write what you love. Enjoy life to its fullest and never let it get you down. 

Wishing you all the best! God bless,

Josephine signing out

See more stories by Red Riding Hood (Jojo)
I was excited to see that

I was excited to see that another old memer has come back for a visit (I always love it when that happens) an then I saw you joined in 2014. 2014, a year before me. I've never realized how old I am, although I seem quite new.

Technically almost two years, since I joined at the end of December, but it doesn't matter.

-that other kid

Posted by {]Kayla[} on Wed, 02/12/2020 - 10:18
hey Jojo!  hope you're

hey Jojo!  hope you're doing well :)  long time no see hahah

"Today is going to be a good day and here's why: because today, today at least you're you - and that's enough." -Dear Evan Hansen

Posted by it's great to b... on Thu, 02/13/2020 - 18:14
Great to see you again.

Great to see you again.

Posted by Perry on Mon, 02/17/2020 - 17:12
I'm really sorry to see you

I'm really sorry to see you go, Josephine. I'm really touched that you mentioned me. I have a lot of great memories of you and your stories, especially LOIK, which was one of the inspirations for my Guardians story. Yeah, LOIK was crazy, to be sure, but it was crazy in the best sort of ways, and I enjoyed being along for the ride with my weird Hulk knockoff character. Thank you for all that you've done for KidPub and all the members of KidPub, including me. I would not be on the path I am now in regards to my love of writing if it were not for you and your stories. It's always sad to come back on and see less and less being posted, and even more sad to see my old friends leaving, but in the end, I will always look back fondly on what KidPub has done for me and all the fun and joy it gave me.

KidPub allowed me to be myself, when none of my other friends could understand my love of writing, and it allowed me to find others who shared in my passion, and for that I will always be grateful.

I hope you might log on one more time and see this, because I want you to know that I am praying for you to find everything you are looking for in all your pursuits in college and beyond.

Thank you for everything you have done for KidPub. We won't forget you.

- Jack

Posted by pensword on Wed, 02/19/2020 - 12:52
a surprise! I haven't logged

a surprise! I haven't logged on this year and this is the first thing I see. Hope you're doing well! We can be old farts together lol (I'm 19... I'm not even a teen anymore and yet I stalk Kp every so often lol)

Posted by echo (*Jill*) on Wed, 03/25/2020 - 00:20