/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ The Attic-Rewrite | KidPub Press //
The Attic-Rewrite

The Attic-Rewrite

Posted May 5th, 2022 by ElizieAngelina

May 10th, 2022

Taiyo had always wondered why her parents always forbid her from going to the attic. Stepping close to it, going inside, even making physical contact with the door wouldn't be allowed. They'd always said, "Taiyo, you don't want to see it. You really don't. In fact, it might be too scary for you..." But Taiyo didn't see it as too scary for her. In fact, very few things did scare her. It would be fine, right? She always begged to see it, day and night, 24/7. But every single time, every single hour, she was only replied with "No."

Her parents would always act strange after she asked-depending on who, if she said "I love you," they'd reply with "You better." ignoring the "I love you too." Couldn't there be a better response to her statement? One day, they went shopping, or so Taiyo thought. This was her chance. As soon as they left, Taiyo snuck out of her room-and into the attic. She sighed, placed her hand on the rusty knob, and turned it slowly. It creaked, but she couldn't focus on that now. And then, it opened, leaving her with her entrance.

Nothing suspicious!

There's nothing here, Taiyo thought. I can't believe my parents lied to me all this time. They prevented me from going into the attic for reasons beyond me. I'm going to leave, and never speak of this again. She bitterly reached for the door handle, considering if she really knew her parents and why they would lie to her in such a way that made her angry. No sound. She turned the doorknob again. Nothing. "Come on, dang it!" she yelled. "Get open!" She kicked the door at full force. But still nothing happened or worked.

"I d-didn't close it!" she screamed. Taiyo then heard faint noises. Something grabbed her by her collar, and chucked her into the back of the attic. She felt herself slam against hard wood, and although it really hurt, she had no dents nor stains on her. What's going on? she thought. Is this probably why my parents prevented me from going in here? Because there's this secret ghoul thing or whatever launching people that go in? Maybe they were trying to protect me after all. But like an idiot, I didn't listen...

At that moment, a shadowy figure walked towards her. "What the heck are you?!" Taiyo asked. "If you're here to battle, then you better turn back, because I'm going to wreck you!" The shadowy figure got closer

And closer

and closer.

And then turned into Taiyo's mother.

"Mom?!" Taiyo asked, eyes widening. "What are you even doing here? I thought you went to go shopping and-" Taiyo's mother put her finger to Taiyo's mouth and bent closer to her. "Silence," she said. "I am not your mother. The truth is, I am someone called Mayonaka. I was really planted by the supernatural. Your grandmother never was pregnant. She adopted me when I came to Earth, and I was a great sinner in my past life. I then was sent back to the supernatural, where I was given my form as your mother."

Taiyo was mortified.

"This is why-" Mayonaka clenched her fist.

"You should never mess-" she raised it up.

"With!

The!

Attic!"

She punched Taiyo outside. "NO!" Taiyo screamed.

The last thing she heard was air.

The last thing she saw was a trampoline.